IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RA’s house went up for sale on Zillow yesterday for $254,900. Most of the furniture including a master queen bed, sofas, recliners and lots of other items are included in the sale. I don’t know how long it may take to sell but I hope it doesn’t end up being an airbnb for fans of true crime.
Looking at the pics of their house for sale on Zillow sure makes looks like his wife ran out the door with nothing but what she was wearing IMO. Poor thing. :( One shows a closet full of her clothing and jewelry, another shows what appears to be the dogs bowl of food on the floor (Pg 16). :(

1688429313017.png

I think we're hearing that trophies were kept -- a sock? -- but I'll ask anyway -- was RA going to be paid handsomely for delivering two young girls? Was he motivated by cash (desperate financially) and shared perversions?

Jmo
SBMFF

I'm not convinced a missing sock was kept as a trophy. other articles of clothing were found in the creek, I can see a small sock getting washed away downstream never to be seen again. Perhaps one day it will appear, but maybe not. I'd think that if he had kept it, and undies, as trophies they'd have been found by LE.

All MOO

What I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is WHY was Libby's phone found under her body??? You'd think he'd have seen it and taken it "just in case" there was any incriminating evidence on it (and there was). I suppose he could have somehow not seen it but that really surprises me. Especially since he undressed at least one of them (likely both) to remove her panties. If he hadn't seen it before you'd think he'd have seen it then!

That fact is just so odd to me.
He may not have removed them. Could have had her do it herself, or one kid do it to the other. Phone may have been in jacket pocket, not pants, maybe in her sleeve concealed? I'd like to know more about this - was it on the GROUND beneath her body? Was it in her clothing underneath her body? Was there evidence of it having been tampered with (smashed? mud ground into it?...)

Looking at the pics of their house for sale on Zillow sure makes looks like his wife ran out the door with nothing but what she was wearing IMO. Poor thing. :( One shows a closet full of her clothing and jewelry, another shows what appears to be the dogs bowl of food on the floor (Pg 16). :(

View attachment 432653

Interestingly, it does not appear that anything belonging directly to RA is pictured. I wonder if she hired a company to go in and clean it up / pack it up? Or if she braved going back there herself? I don't believe I'd have been able to go back there if this were me, and my spouse were accused of this atrocity against two kids. They shared a lovely home, and I cannot imagine how hard this all is for her and their daughter.

What I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around is WHY was Libby's phone found under her body??? You'd think he'd have seen it and taken it "just in case" there was any incriminating evidence on it (and there was). I suppose he could have somehow not seen it but that really surprises me. Especially since he undressed at least one of them (likely both) to remove her panties. If he hadn't seen it before you'd think he'd have seen it then!

Daring but maybe Libby realized it was her only chance to save that video so she continued to conceal it, managing to keep it behind and under her.

It's all so hard to imagine, the terror, and knowing her dad was coming, she must have been thinking that, if they could hold out just a little longer, he'd find them and rescue them.

People were already gathering to search for them and RA hadn't walked away, muddy and bloody. He. Was. Still. There.

Chilling.

Jmo

DBM

Interestingly, it does not appear that anything belonging directly to RA is pictured. I wonder if she hired a company to go in and clean it up / pack it up? Or if she braved going back there herself? I don't believe I'd have been able to go back there if this were me, and my spouse were accused of this atrocity against two kids. They shared a lovely home, and I cannot imagine how hard this all is for her and their daughter.
Possibly she hired a staging company (I would have!). The furniture listed in the listing is also about 2 years old (living room sofas). Makes me wonder what evidence *might* have been found in the old furniture (if any). :(

I think she probably put the phone in her back pocket and when he pulled her jeans off, it came out of the pocket and stayed underneath her. I'm sure he pulled/yanked at the pants at the ankle. I don't think he intentionally left the phone behind.

Is 29 the inseam? If it is, consider this... They were still too long for him. They bunch up around the top of his shoes.

View attachment 432655

What was he wearing on his head, do we know now? And the brown under his jacket, just a shirt tail? I still find it curious how his family, friends etc didn't recognize him. Or perhaps recognized him but justified the thought away somehow.

SBMFF

I'm not convinced a missing sock was kept as a trophy. other articles of clothing were found in the creek, I can see a small sock getting washed away downstream never to be seen again. Perhaps one day it will appear, but maybe not. I'd think that if he had kept it, and undies, as trophies they'd have been found by LE.

All MOO
I agree... it's just that they collected pairs of socks and one loose sock. That's why it struck me. My mind went to foot fetish... signature... prepubescent foot fetish... a stretch, no doubt.

More likely just a coincidence.

Jmo

What was he wearing on his head, do we know now? And the brown under his jacket, just a shirt tail? I still find it curious how his family, friends etc didn't recognize him. Or perhaps recognized him but justified the thought away somehow.
Maybe he was an effective gaslighter.

"Same jacket? If I did such a thing, would I be keeping my jacket?"

Would anyone expect someone who'd do such a thing to hang out 6" away from a poster bearing his likeness?

Did he feign all sorts of concern about the safety of women, his wife and daughter afterwards? No one could commit such a heinous crime if he's so concerned and protective.

Did he volunteer the topic? Concerned citizen and father? If you had even the passing thought of a similarity, but he's talking about it, showing concern or outrage (when you'd expect him to dodge, shrink), maybe you shrug it off.

Probably helpful as can be at work. Average, nice guy -- would never suspect.

Hiding in plain sight, behaving opposite what people might subconsciously expect/project....

Jmo

Last edited:
This was a very interesting observation by one of the MS readers: Judge Diener signed the search warrant at 6:37pm; however McLeland stated the investigators arrived at 5pm and finished their search at 7:09 pm.

How did they search without a warrant? MS said they didn't know at all but they would look into it. This is one of the documents that was NOT filed. I'm wondering if this is what's been bothering Rozzi.

23mm

Possibly she hired a staging company (I would have!). The furniture listed in the listing is also about 2 years old (living room sofas). Makes me wonder what evidence *might* have been found in the old furniture (if any). :(
The roof and some of the flooring got renovated in 2019, afaik. My first thought was: did he get paid for "something" and had enough money for the renovations then? My second thought was: he was able to pay for it like every other home owner would be. Anyway the family had two income.

Maybe he was an effective gaslighter.

"Same jacket? If I did such a thing, would I be keeping my jacket?"

Would anyone expect someone who'd do such a thing to hang out 6" away from a poster bearing his likeness?

Did he feign all sorts of concern about the safety of women, his wife and daughter afterwards? No one could commit such a heinous crime if he's so concerned and protective.

Did he volunteer the topic? Concerned citizen and father? If you had even the passing thought of a similarity, but he's talking about it, showing concern or outrage (when you'd expect him to dodge, shrink), maybe you shrug it off.

Probably helpful as can be at work. Average, nice guy -- would never suspect.

Hiding in plain sight, behaving opposite what people might subconsciously expect/project....

Jmo
Yeah, I doubt he was too worried about sitting 6" from that full, reddish brown haired, clean shaven, YBG sketch. Sitting there with his short gray hair, facial hair, and 20+ years older...

This was a very interesting observation by one of the MS readers: Judge Diener signed the search warrant at 6:37pm; however McLeland stated the investigators arrived at 5pm and finished their search at 7:09 pm.

How did they search without a warrant? MS said they didn't know at all but they would look into it. This is one of the documents that was NOT filed. I'm wondering if this is what's been bothering Rozzi.

23mm

I saw that too.
My thoughts were that just because LE arrived at 5pm doesn’t mean they started the search at 5pm. They could have just been securing things waiting on the warrant.
My other thought was RA gave permission when they arrived for them to search but they were waiting for the search warrant before they took anything away.
All that being said, LE still couldn’t get their act straight.

I saw that too.
My thoughts were that just because LE arrived at 5pm doesn’t mean they started the search at 5pm. They could have just been securing things waiting on the warrant.
My other thought was RA gave permission when they arrived for them to search but they were waiting for the search warrant before they took anything away.
All that being said, LE still couldn’t get their act straight.
Regarding your first thought = do you think they could have gotten all of that done in a half hour?

I, too, think they gave LE permission to search without a warrant. I know we don't have good sources for what the neighbors said they saw but it's still hard for me to completely discredit their observations.

Regarding your first thought = do you think they could have gotten all of that done in a half hour?

I, too, think they gave LE permission to search without a warrant. I know we don't have good sources for what the neighbors said they saw but it's still hard for me to completely discredit their observations.

No, I don’t think they got it all done in thirty minutes either. It was just thought.
More likely RA gave permission.
But really, not showing up with the search warrant in hand…sigh…so par for the course in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine