IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His driving before he parked might indicate something going on in his mind, the PCA states the Focus was seen going westbound on C.R. 300. I've kind of dismissed this info, that it can be explained away as a local knowing how to get to C.R. 300 without using IN 25, which many in that area would have known prior to the highway opening in 2016.

Maybe he was driving country roads east of there, contemplating what his urges were telling him to do. Maybe he was in the area of Peru, as he grew up near there.

JMO
That's an interesting idea. Him driving from east to west past HH has always seemed odd to me, and I think I've had the same thought that it was a known back way from his house, which avoided the heavier traveled route. And likely that's the route he always took to the trails. It is also odd that the PCA doesn't mention him going home the same way, though, going west to east past HH, since that seems the more obvious route to take to NOT be seen. Of course, just because it isn't in the PCA doesn't mean it didn't happen, either. We just don't know.

That's an interesting idea. Him driving from east to west past HH has always seemed odd to me, and I think I've had the same thought that it was a known back way from his house, which avoided the heavier traveled route. And likely that's the route he always took to the trails. It is also odd that the PCA doesn't mention him going home the same way, though, going west to east past HH, since that seems the more obvious route to take to NOT be seen. Of course, just because it isn't in the PCA doesn't mean it didn't happen, either. We just don't know.
Maybe he didn't go home. Not directly at least.

Might've needed to get unmuddy, unbloody first.

Jmo

Jmo
This is just my own personal suspicion, but I think he was with the girls when L's dad called her. And I think L probably told him that her dad was there to get them, in an attempt to make their kidnapper leave. To me, him knowing her dad was there seems like a very good reason for him to make the decision to cross the creek (if they weren't already on the north side), for him to be on the north side of 300 (to avoid walking directly by the Mears parking area), and why he would leave the opposite direction from the CPS lot (if he did, and if so, again, to avoid driving past the Mears parking area). It's like everything he did was to avoid the trail and parking area, although he obviously would have needed to regardless, since he was muddy and bloody. But if he knew L's dad was there looking for them, it would have hastened everything. Just a thought.

We certainly know a heck of a lot more now than we knew for the first 5+ years.
We know LE had some pretty good witnesses that had seen the killer on the bridge and later muddy and bloody, and a tight timeline early on. They had pretty good ideas where the killer parked and where he exited and knew the time he was leaving the crime scene. They knew Libby was being catfished. They shared none of this except for the parking information and that was two years out.
What we still know almost nothing about is the actual crime scene and evidence collected there. We only know the girls were stabbed and only partially clothed. That they were killed where they were found. That an unspent .40 caliber bullet was found between the bodies and Libby’s phone was found underneath her body.
My point is there is still a ton of evidence we don’t even know about. The prosecution has to share it with the defense, but they don’t have to share it all with us.
To the bolded part (bolded by me) I must have missed that - when was this information disclosed? I thought it was still unknown where the phone was found?

I don't know how it all went down, but like you, I want to know what the hell happened out there that day. And why. A man who has lived in the general region his entire life just suddenly snaps? Leaving lots of physical evidence, an odd crime scene, signatures, and two victims, all for his seemingly first and only killing at 45 years old? A man who has owned a gun since 2001 and lived only a few miles from the trail system, but that day just happened to be the day everything changed for him? I just don't get it.
I also hope that the trial will reveal some of the why. At first I thought this was a kidnapning attempt gone wrong due to the perpetrator trying to live out some sick thoughts. Recently, after more info has been released, I am thinking in the direction of the perpetrator perhaps was interested in weird photo materials on the internet and to gain access to that, perhaps he needed to provide something of his own. So perhaps his mission that day was to create something like that. I think there is a reason why LE seems to have been looking for electronics to store/share photo materials according to the affadavids.
But at the end of the day, these are just my thoughts and guess. We may never know, but I am sure that LE is trying to piece together a motive for the trial based on the evidence they have.

To the bolded part (bolded by me) I must have missed that - when was this information disclosed? I thought it was still unknown where the phone was found?

It is from the probable cause part of the search warrant issued for RA’s house on October 13 2022.

<ADMIN NOTE: Please do not post the un-redacted version of the warrant. Use this link to the redacted version:

https://fox59.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2022/11/Probable-Cause-Affidavit-Richard-Allen.pdf>

Last edited by a moderator:
Every version I have seen on the threads has had those names censored. I remember the debates about whether the censorship obscured two or three names.

MOO

One document was released without the names being censored in the recent large doc dump authorized by the court. I remember it was an original and unredacted PCA attached to a motion but I don’t recall specifically which one.

Last edited:
Why doesn't the HH camera show him coming and going? Or does it??

Why doesn't the HH camera show him coming and going? Or does it??
It does show what LE says is apparently his vehicle heading west on 300 at 1:27, which is consistent with him parking at the CPS lot around the time he said he did. However, we do not know if LE has footage of that vehicle driving east again after the murders. If they do, they did not include it in any of the public court documents.

Jmo
I've been thinking about that lately...the PCA alleges RA is muddy and bloody on 300...but the only evidence sent for lab analysis from the car (according to the most recent data dump) was a piece out of the trunk. So... where did the suspect change clothes? I feel like if they thought the suspect drove or rode in the vehicle still dressed, we'd have seen more things like seatbelts and whatnot being sent for lab analysis.

I wonder how secure the CPS building was at the time the crimes took place? Could a killer(s) have accessed the inside of the building somehow, and used it to clean up from the crime?

JMO

I've been thinking about that lately...the PCA alleges RA is muddy and bloody on 300...but the only evidence sent for lab analysis from the car (according to the most recent data dump) was a piece out of the trunk. So... where did the suspect change clothes? I feel like if they thought the suspect drove or rode in the vehicle still dressed, we'd have seen more things like seatbelts and whatnot being sent for lab analysis.

I wonder how secure the CPS building was at the time the crimes took place? Could a killer(s) have accessed the inside of the building somehow, and used it to clean up from the crime?

JMO
I appreciate LE doing their due diligence, but the fact is that the car is almost six years removed from the crime. I’m certainly hoping they find something but I’m not expecting anything.

I'm not impressed with the evidence mentioned in the PCA, but then again LE only uses enough for an arrest. If RA did it, I'm thinking they have DNA from the car, the blue jacket and/or a knife that matches the girls.

JMO

I don't think much would be preserved with 7 years or whatever it was passed since the murders to the arrest.,

JMO
Regarding the part I emphasized: has there been more than one data dump, which was done on June 27?
This one has yet to be updated?

I found this article that was originally posted on June 28 and it was just updated on Aug 30. I have no idea what the updated info is. It does have the document dump, showing 284 pages; did we ever get a page count from the dump on the 28th? That one has 118 "items".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper