IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. This is the first I've heard there was a formal hearing-in-chambers at 10 AM.
I understand parties went into chambers.

I thought the hearing was scheduled for 2 - and the LEAK was on the schedule?

The Court stated to the gallery the hearing was cancelled b/c Defense had withdrawn.
(Leaving all to surmise that that hearing did not happen due to the discussions in chambers.)

But it could have gone the other way - the Court can hear a procedural hearing in chambers if they feel the confidentiality is warranted to avoid open court.

IF that was all confirmed by now, I have missed that news. JMHO
It was on the record and will probably be under seal IMO

Thank you; yes that's what I want to see. I'll keep looking.

Did H seem to be prepared to argue for B to stay on the case at that hearing? The D asked for cameras in the courtroom so I'm assuming they weren't opposed to arguing in open court. Is this a wrong assumption?

I'd think that H - being Baldwin's attny for this Leak matter - would have argued at the hearing in open court in front of the camera, should his client have been amenable. Something made Baldwin change his mind.

Perhaps Baldwin factored the gallery AND the camera in to his choice that it wasn't worth it.

And/Or

Perhaps the Prosecution shared enough witness affidavits, and/or what they felt they could prove such that Baldwin had to accept that the best thing for his CLIENT was for Baldwin to withdraw (conflicts, perhaps.)

MOO

Yes. Yes, it is.

I would debate that solitary confinement in 1973-2001 is very different than what RA is experiencing with an iPad to maintain social connections

Thank you; yes that's what I want to see. I'll keep looking.

Did H seem to be prepared to argue for B to stay on the case at that hearing? The D asked for cameras in the courtroom so I'm assuming they weren't opposed to arguing in open court. Is this a wrong assumption?

Yes H was represented B who admitting his involvement and presented several arguments against being disqualified (aka fired). It’s posted above and worthwhile reading as it contains various comparable sanctions and reasons for disqualifications along with references to various rules which attorneys must abide by.

Yes i think it’s an unlikely assumption that the D expected whatever went on behind closed doors to be broadcast live to the public. Because at the time they argued for cameras in the courtroom they couldn’t have predicted it’d involve themselves being caught up in a leak of crime scene photos.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard there was a formal hearing-in-chambers at 10 AM.
I understand parties went into chambers.

I thought the hearing was scheduled for 2 - and the LEAK was on the schedule?

The Court stated to the gallery the hearing was cancelled b/c Defense had withdrawn.
(Leaving all to surmise that that hearing did not happen due to the discussions in chambers.)

But it could have gone the other way - the Court can hear a procedural hearing in chambers if they feel the confidentiality is warranted to avoid open court.

IF that was all confirmed by now, I have missed that news. JMHO

NM, BR and AB went into chambers at 12:30.

Carroll County Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland and the defense attorneys entered Judge Gull’s chambers for a pow-wow at 12:30 p.m. as Hennessy sat on a bench in the hallway, waiting to be summoned.

Yes H was represented B who admitting his involvement and presented several arguments against being disqualified (aka fired). It’s posted above and worthwhile reading as it contains various comparable sanctions and reasons for disqualifications along with references to various rules which attorneys must abide by.

Yes i think it’s an unlikely assumption that the D expected whatever went on behind closed doors to be broadcast live to the public. Because at the time they argued for cameras in the courtroom they couldn’t have predicted it’d involve themselves being caught up in a leak of crime scene photos.

Yup that's may be a fun little oops wrinkle to portray in the movie.

I'd think that H - being Baldwin's attny for this Leak matter - would have argued at the hearing in open court in front of the camera, should his client have been amenable. Something made Baldwin change his mind.

Perhaps Baldwin factored the gallery AND the camera in to his choice that it wasn't worth it.

And/Or

Perhaps the Prosecution shared enough witness affidavits, and/or what they felt they could prove such that Baldwin had to accept that the best thing for his CLIENT was for Baldwin to withdraw (conflicts, perhaps.)

MOO
Thank you. This one I bolded feels like it fits.

Alrighty.

To be clear, I'm not saying the Defense made the decision to leak.

I'm saying some former-employee-weirdo was emotionally impaired (desperate), and along with those lower down the leak chain - that took that leak and with very little thought beyond validating their own feelings ... and they ran with it. JMHO

What puzzles me is why an emotionally impaired selfish weirdo was trusted enough by Baldwin to be given access to his office with the crime scene photos within plain view. Early stories were of a collaborative nature, that Baldwin sought out his friend’s opinion about the case.

If there’s nothing more to it than purely betrayal I’d say it seems Baldwin is an extremely poor judge of character, which is surprising as most attorneys are highly skilled in that area due to the nature of their work.

“The Delphi Police Department, the Carroll County Sheriff, the Indiana State Police, and the FBI are asking for your assistance in identifying the suspect in the double homicide of two teenage girls, Abigail J. "Abby" Williams, 13, and Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German, 14, both from Delphi.”
Yes FBI was involved from the 2/14. I believe it began in an unofficial capacity as an agent came to Delphi immediately upon hearing of a the girl’s missing and was volunteering in some capacity. If my memory is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli