IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #171

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TL4S Now that I'm reading the Motion for Transcript, once again, maybe we do have the answer. The motion is 5 pgs long and I wish I could post the whole thing.

2. Attorneys Baldwin and Rozzi requested the in-chambers proceeding be required, and undersigned counsel confirmed with the court reporter that there is indeed a recording of the proceeding held that day in chambers.
23S-OR-00311
MOTION FOR TRANSCRIPT (5 pages)
Leeman & Wieneke, filed 11/6/2023

Source:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...J45iXpuTsrYHOpAvl-sgRnreKo71ALST1FXwHtz6-yVA2

Attachments

• IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 9
Lol!!

11/09/2023
Motion for Extension of Time
to Respond to Petition for Writ of Mandamus and Motion for Transcript Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney:
Stake, Christopher S.
Attorney:
Gutwein, Matthew R
Party:
Gull, Frances M. Cutino
File Stamp:
11/09/2023
View attachment 459364View attachment 459365View attachment 459366
11/09/2023
Response
/ Objection to Respondents' Motion for Extension of Time Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney:
Wieneke, Cara Schaefer
Attorney:
Leeman, Mark Kelly
Party:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
11/09/2023
View attachment 459368View attachment 459369View attachment 459370View attachment 459367
MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO RESPOND TO PETITION FOR WRIT OF MANDAMUS AND MOTION FOR TRANSCRIPT
Gull & Gutwein, filed 11/9/2023 9:21AM

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...bMEEDs82jfREVWPQTOZ8gvRjlFm1nbwUgiQRAoUjRpwo1

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpeg
    IMG_2836.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2837.jpeg
    IMG_2837.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2838.jpeg
    IMG_2838.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10
Lol!!

11/09/2023
Motion for Extension of Time
to Respond to Petition for Writ of Mandamus and Motion for Transcript Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney:
Stake, Christopher S.
Attorney:
Gutwein, Matthew R
Party:
Gull, Frances M. Cutino
File Stamp:
11/09/2023
View attachment 459364View attachment 459365View attachment 459366
11/09/2023
Response
/ Objection to Respondents' Motion for Extension of Time Certificate of Service- Electronically Served 11/09/23
Attorney:
Wieneke, Cara Schaefer
Attorney:
Leeman, Mark Kelly
Party:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
11/09/2023
View attachment 459368View attachment 459369View attachment 459370View attachment 459367
RELATOR'S OBJECTION TO RESPONDENTS'
MOTION FOR EXTENSION OF TIME
Leeman & Wieneke, filed 11/9/2023 10:00AM

Source:
https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...Ne9bmg9RpBCRl1SC9PGMrMnCf1YjAsSIAcqQIFMTJx0M1

Attachments

• IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2842.jpeg
    IMG_2842.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2843.jpeg
    IMG_2843.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 2
I think just about everyone heard Weineke say this on Motta's live (re: AG) [See TL's post upthread IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #171]
Moo, she has to be very careful about what she says. I'm surprised she even did the live and hope it does not jeopardize the action. But, that's jmo

ETA: On the second point, putting aside CW's confirmation of it last night, let's assume for argument's sake that they did ask. Is the outcome different? Would a licensed attorney intervene - not even intervene, but start an original action in his or her own name for attorneys some are publicly alleging engaged in malpractice? I don't think so.
jmo
I have a feeling it was tactical, considering how fast they filed an objection to extension on time this morning. I noticed she was incredibly diplomatic and humble, but she didn’t give a lot of opinions or about what she would do in the future. She only talked about what she had already filed. Maybe I am being too optimistic, lol. JMO.

JG filed for her extension to Nov 27, and then there was a response filed in objection by the lawyers. Today the motion for the extension was granted to JG - so she now has up until Nov 27 to file her materials etc. There will apparently not be any further extension granted.

I would like to know, why does she need until Nov 27 to get her material in? What was wrong with the original extended date granted?

My question would be, “Why does she need an extension if her intent is to comply?” She’s got plenty of time to comply by the date required. JMT
IMO she wants to file a legally sound, factual
statement that supports her decisions that lead up to and included her actions in chambers in 10/19.
She wants that statement to be included when the chambers transcripts are released so there is full context.
Her judicial decisions and reputation are being challenged and I would think she needs to present carefully.
But none of us really know. It’s all speculative.

Attachments

• IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2787.jpeg
    IMG_2787.jpeg
    116.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2788.jpeg
    IMG_2788.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2789.jpeg
    IMG_2789.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2790.jpeg
    IMG_2790.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2791.jpeg
    IMG_2791.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2792.jpeg
    IMG_2792.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2793.jpeg
    IMG_2793.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 8
I cannot fathom what she might be trying to keep hidden here, but if she is ordered to produce a transcript and or audio, if one or both exist, is she not REQUIRED to comply? Can she then STILL refuse to produce those and simply file a written response instead?
Sounds maybe...kinda like Nixon...it's my office, they're my tapes, I don't have to release them! Then he has to by court order and whaaat...18 missing minutes:rolleyes: Hope it's not that type of scenario playing out here. AJMO

IMO, she can try.
Also, IMO ... don't know why she'd poke the bear.

I'm thinking Gull is standing on some principal that she thinks the higher court will respect to some degree; likely will explain her view of the events in papers.

Did Gull ask for an extension on the Order producing the in-chambers records? We might watch for that. It might benefit Gull's responses if her papers were submitted for review at the same time the in-chambers records became available. JHMO.
answering my question: yes.
Gull got an extension from SCION to Nov 27 to produce the record of the in-chambers meeting of Oct 19.

I assume Gull prefers to provide a fuller explanation of how/why the in-chambers meeting went as it did via her accompanying responders' answers. After all, she had 9 members of LE (including leaks investigators) in the jury box should the D have made the other of the Hobson's choices. I would think she was briefed on what they had come to say...
jmo

JG filed for her extension to Nov 27, and then there was a response filed in objection by the lawyers. Today the motion for the extension was granted to JG - so she now has up until Nov 27 to file her materials etc. There will apparently not be any further extension granted.

I would like to know, why does she need until Nov 27 to get her material in? What was wrong with the original extended date granted?
Because she can get it? The D (for I think the other lawyers were asked into service by A&B, JMO) are putting on an assault towards JG. If the situation was reversed I'd have expected the same request.

answering my question: yes.
Gull got an extension from SCION to Nov 27 to produce the record of the in-chambers meeting of Oct 19.

I assume Gull prefers to provide a fuller explanation of how/why the in-chambers meeting went as it did via her accompanying responders' answers. After all, she had 9 members of LE (including leaks investigators) in the jury box should the D have made the other of the Hobson's choices. I would think she was briefed on what they had come to say...
jmo
So she couldn't give the ex-D the opportunity to prepare to defend themselves at the Oct. 19th hearing, yet she gets extra time to prepare to defend herself.

So she couldn't give the ex-D the opportunity to prepare to defend themselves at the Oct. 19th hearing, yet she gets extra time to prepare to defend herself.
I don't believe the defense never had a chance to defend themselves, they weren't "ambushed". JMO. I believe there was communication before Oct 19th about the latest leak. I wonder if the email threads from when the leaks were discovered/report by D included JG on cc and possible JG responses? Just a thought.

Right? She's an interesting character. I'm not her biggest fan really from errors of sealing, to weeks waiting after the date when she said things would be unsealed by to her rulings in general or even lack thereof!!

I don't believe the defense never had a chance to defend themselves, they weren't "ambushed". JMO. I believe there was communication before Oct 19th about the latest leak. I wonder if the email threads from when the leaks were discovered/report by D included JG on cc and possible JG responses? Just a thought.
IMO being DQ’d without due process/a hearing is being ambushed. Imagine putting all that work into something, at a lower pay rate, after being appointed as a public defender (and accepting the offer), & for the same person that appointed you to DQ you and publicly assassinate your entire career by allegations of gross negligence. It would suck.

JMO.

IMO being DQ’d without due process/a hearing is being ambushed. Imagine putting all that work into something, at a lower pay rate, after being appointed as a public defender (and accepting the offer), & for the same person that appointed you to DQ you and publicly assassinate your entire career by allegations of gross negligence. It would suck.

JMO.
It would be awful, if that came from a clear blue sky and all you'd been doing is honestly and conscientiously doing your job as a PD within the bounds of appropriate practice and the law.

MOO

JMO.
I imagine the judge saw a much broader picture of the D's actions than the public was privy to over the months after she was given the case...and even including before that from the departing judge. If all that and then much worse (pictures and strategy leaks) added up to gross negligence wasn't it in the judge's power to act on dismissing those grossly negligent lawyers? If they were grossly negligent appointed new lawyers for the defendant was working to protect his rights to competent council. AJMO I guess the SC will decide what is correct after digesting every thing from everyone's perspectives.

IMO she wants to file a legally sound, factual
statement that supports her decisions that lead up to and included her actions in chambers in 10/19.
She wants that statement to be included when the chambers transcripts are released so there is full context.
Her judicial decisions and reputation are being challenged and I would think she needs to present carefully.
But none of us really know. It’s all speculative.

I don’t say anything untoward here.

She will file the official record with her response to the writ.

The record should have been available to the court on the original filing of the writ but wasn’t because reasons

At the end of the day the applicants know what was said in chambers and the lack of a record is part of the basis for this writ.

So nothing to see here IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member