IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #174

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think they are absolutely deluded in that belief and considering their actions so far I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them either.

RSBM

It's underpriced just how much harm or potential harm they've done to their client via their negligent actions.

I am a big believer in "There but for the grace of god", and i had sympathy for the idea that you duck off to answer a call and didn't lock the door and then someone sneaks in. These things happen.

I have way less sympathy if you were sending the person case files and strategy, and (it looks like) knew they were in that room and (probably) authorised them being in there. Even if MW then took the photos without permission, i've said all along that AB has never denied knowing MW was in the room, nor has he ever said MW was not allowed in that room.

I doubt RA really understands the harm AB's negligence has done because he trusts those guys.

Last edited:
According to this full segment airing at 8 pm Wednesday Jan 31 ...

Lebrato says RA's "confession" was one sentence.

(In court filings, the P says RA "confessed" more than once.)

I usually end w/ JMHO, but I think I'll end this comment with JLHO.

This case is so random.

I don't get how he is allowed to discuss the evidence outside court even if it is with the permission of the original D team. That is wildly unprofessional.

One thing I am wondering about.

Presumably AB cannot take elements of the protected discovery - say a report by investigators - paste parts of it into a new document, then disclose the new document to a third party?

Or by analogy, take the crime scene photos and other crime scene evidence from the discovery, write a description of all of it, then disclose that new document to a third party?

How is that not disclosing parts of the discovery itself?

McL is fussing about them verbally saying they didn't intend to try it in the press, then they put out the press release. They objected to the gag order; maybe when she decided to do it against their objection, they just decided to put it out there anyway.
It doesn't matter if R&B agreed to the protective/gag order or not. It was ordered by the Presiding Judge and entered into the Court Record. They can't pick and choose what all the parties are ordered to follow.

JMO

So what is the point of the gag order when it is seemingly being ignored by RA’s team/ex team?

It feels like they are making a mockery of this entire process imo
I am unsure if the gag order is still applicable to Lebrato or not, but apparently JG gave him permission to do the interview according to MacDonald.

Bridge guy clothing: cuffed & torn jeans, hoodie (?), hiking shoes/boots, tan fanny pack, blue jacket, hat/scarf(?)

The hat and scarf are what I’m looking at, they seem to be the same color. The hat’s not just a regular wool/knit hat, I know they sell many of those regular knit hats in hat/scarf sets. That hat’s got a brim, so that’s a somewhat “off the beaten path” type of hat. I’m wondering if the scarf was actually attached to that hat, like it’s all a single piece legionnaires’ cap with a small/narrow down brim. Something akin to this (but smaller/less prominent brim):
1706783539976.png

Obviously, a one piece like that one above would be invaluable to the perp with his plans. I don’t know if any of you have ever tried walking around with a separate hat and scarf, but it can be very difficult at times to make sure that scarf is secured where you’d like to have it secured in terms of your facial features. Anyone who spends a good deal of time out in freezing weather is going to know that. But it wouldn’t be of any benefit at all to a non-perp to have such a hat that day. Nice weather. That’s probably the last type of hat you’d reach for that day. But the perp can’t really afford for that scarf to come undone.

So that’s why I’m wondering about the “head covering” RA thinks he “may have” worn that day. And the wording “head covering.” Why not just “hat”? Or “cap”? Unseasonably nice that day. Even with the hat (and scarf??) removed from the equation, that’s quite an ensemble for not just one, but supposedly two men (BG and RA) to be wearing on the trails on a nice day like that. Jacket and hoodie and the “maybe” hat, and I'm assuming at least a "maybe" fanny pack. Most people probably wouldn’t have opted for a hat at all that day. And what about the fanny pack? I know the clothes matched, but how much did they match? If RA’s saying he also had a fanny pack, that’s one more item. What does he need to go watch fish? His car keys, maybe his wallet. I’m a hiker and the less you have to take, the better. He has jacket pockets. I see on one site that someone (?? not sure who, or if credible) noted the police were digging around at RA’s firepit. Fear of burned clothes, maybe? No idea. But I do wonder about that hat.

One thing I am wondering about.

Presumably AB cannot take elements of the protected discovery - say a report by investigators - paste parts of it into a new document, then disclose the new document to a third party?

Or by analogy, take the crime scene photos and other crime scene evidence from the discovery, write a description of all of it, then disclose that new document to a third party?

How is that not disclosing parts of the discovery itself?
It is disclosing parts of the discovery (although if he only gave MW the written part of the Franks, and not the attachments, he was giving a document that was about to go public, anyway), imo. Either way, what AB did was likely in violation of the protective order, which is why his own lawyer suggested sanctions. According to DH and CW, these are sanctionable actions, not DQing actions. Even NMcL is only asking for sanctions at this point, which I think is just him getting it all on the record. That's how I'm interpreting it. I don't feel like anyone, including AB and BR, are looking for a free pass on this one. Jmo.

Last edited:
I am unsure if the gag order is still applicable to Lebrato or not, but apparently JG gave him permission to do the interview according to MacDonald.
No, since they are the exDefense the gag order no longer applies to them. Why in the heck does everybody who is anybody want to discuss the details of this case in the media? He should keep his mouth shut IMO, at least until after the trial. Don't we have enough to worry about with this case????

Then they can all do shows, write books or whatever their little hearts desire, but until then can't they just please zip it?

MOO

It is disclosing parts of the discovery (although if he only gave MW the written part of the Franks, and not the attachments, he was giving a document that was about to go public, anyway), imo. Either way, what AB did was likely in violation of the protective order, which is why his own lawyer suggested sanctions.

But DH never said to the Court that AB had intentionally shared protected discovery with MW. Why not?

According to DH and CW, these are sanctionable actions, not DQing actions. Even NMcL is only asking for sanctions at this point, which I think is just him getting it all on the record. That's how I'm interpreting it.

I am not that interested in the DQ/sanction aspect - more curious why AB hid the true relationship.

After all, it would be totally OK for AB to have appointed MW as an consultant of some kind and shared the Franks and discovery with him as a team member. Indeed that is apparently what happened!

If MW as team member, then went rogue, and stole/leaked the photos without authorisation - AB is obviously the wronged party

It's baffling to me that he did not disclose this fully from the start. What can explain it?

So what is the point of the gag order when it is seemingly being ignored by RA’s team/ex team?

It feels like they are making a mockery of this entire process imo
Unfortunately the gag order does not apply to exDefense team. Great, like we need even more people throwing in their 2 cents. Maybe he'll do a Podcast or start a YT channel on it. And let's not forget about the power of Twitter.

My head is spinning honestly. What is going to happen going forward? Is JG going to dismiss B&R's motion to DQ her? Is she going to go through the correct procedures and court to have them sanctioned or DQ'd? What about RA? Is anyone going to be filing and hearing Motions during this time on his behalf? Has the SCOIN published their opinions on the hearing yet?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MOO

But DH never said to the Court that AB had intentionally shared protected discovery with MW. Why not?

I am not that interested in the DQ/sanction aspect - more curious why AB hid the true relationship.

After all, it would be totally OK for AB to have appointed MW as an consultant of some kind and shared the Franks and discovery with him as a team member. Indeed that is apparently what happened!

If MW as team member, then went rogue, and stole/leaked the photos without authorisation - AB is obviously the wronged party

It's baffling to me that he did not disclose this fully from the start. What can explain it?
Lying liar who lies IMO.

I unfortunately think we are years away from Trial. At least children are safe while he is behind bars.

Considering he claims he is innocent and wants freedom his team are doing everything within their power to delay things and keep him locked up.

Mooo

The GO applies to putting info out for public consumption such as through the media or social media.
Afaik, even the victim's families had to heed the instructions, not to speak about their knowledge about the case of their own murdered daughters since the GO. Then I haven't to wonder, that the families are up-set, when the D (as a source at least) managed to get out as many information as possible to the public. The D smartly had legal ways to take detours, (probably) very successful in their own viewing, I think.
I'm curious (also both, annoyed and confused) as to how things will develop further.
o_O

That is a good question. If I give AB some benefit of doubt, I would say he likely did not have bad intentions when he shared these things, but he did make bad decisions. He trusted someone he shouldn't have, he violated the PO, and when everything hit the fan, he lied by way of omission. For me, whether or not he also gave copies of the attachments, like the CS photos, is extremely important.

I really wish we could have had a chance to see S and L's Franks motion. What if they also had evidence that TLi made omissions in the PCA? And was it intentional? That would not excuse what AB omitted, but it would be just as bad, IMO. It's lying to the court, either way, and both should have repercussions. JMO.

Thanks for posting the link. It has a couple bits of new info.

We have never heard what/if any meds he has been given. BM: Labrato said RA was receiving medication, both shots and pills, doesn't know what the medications were, tried to find out.

MK thought the timing of RA's admissions would be important = was it around the time he was eating paper, etc? I'm wondering about the timing of the meds, too.

CT said word on the street was Ra had bragged about being involved in the murders and that's how thy were tipped off to him. That's certainly new! He has some ideas about how this happened; he said he does not think RA is the guy on the bridge but thinks he's involved. CT has a book out; has anyone read it?

L said RA's mom and dad had just made arrangements to visit him in Westville but he was transferred 2 days before that visit. He doesn't think one had anything to do with the other. Just bad timing, coincidence. Wabash does not allow any visits, except for attys. No family members. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy