Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covered with debris? Official source?

A family member involved in search claimed such; the claims were bandied about SM.

From there, things fragment into complicated territory.

LE did NOT verify this. Meaning, one of several things:

LE did not want that information out (for Reasons)
LE findings did not agree/ support that discovery
LE considered this inconsequential in light of other conditions of victims

Is the Calvary Church one religion? I see by a quick search Evangelist might be associated? Does it have to be just a Calvary church?

A family member involved in search claimed such; the claims were bandied about SM.

From there, things fragment into complicated territory.

LE did NOT verify this. Meaning, one of several things:

LE did not want that information out (for Reasons)
LE findings did not agree/ support that discovery
LE considered this inconsequential in light of other conditions of victims
Thanks! I remember reading that but it's important to keep fact and rumor noted or I know I get confused almost two years later. lol

Is the Calvary Church one religion? I see by a quick search Evangelist might be associated? Does it have to be just a Calvary church?

Calvary Chapel is a denomination. It is a casual, contemporary Christian evangelical Bible-believing/teaching denomination. Most of the pastors are former lay people who get training specifically through the Calvary Chapel organization (i.e former businessmen, etc.).

The Vineyard Movement (Vineyard churches, Church of the Vineyard, etc.) is a more charismatic offshoot of the Calvary Chapel denomination.

Take a look at this link: Catholic Supply homicide suspect makes first court appearance

In the interview with the reporter named Justin Andrews at KMOV4, who attended the hearing today, (scroll down in the link from the news coverage to the second video - it’s a more of the behind the scene look at Andrews’ perception of the hearing).

The media was not allowed to record and he describes it was hard to hear, and TB didn’t say anything other than yes or no, and for Andrews, even that was hard to hear.

What Andrews heard:

The judge asked, “Do you have an attorney?” TB said no. The judge then asked “Would you like a public attorney?” TB said yes.

Does anyone remember how long it took for them to clear DN? I feel like it’s going to be a while before we have answers. He’s in jail without bond, so I don’t believe there will be a rush on DNA or interviews with other LE.

Does anyone remember how long it took for them to clear DN? I feel like it’s going to be a while before we have answers. He’s in jail without bond, so I don’t believe there will be a rush on DNA or interviews with other LE.

They shouldn't let that stop them from making it a priority. If he had nothing to do with it, they can't stop looking for who did!

What type of vehicle did TB drive?

Not sure that has been released yet, but if I had to hesitate a guess, it would be the same type of vehicle as many midwestern middled aged men who where carhartt jackets, a hoodie, and blue jeans. By that I mean a truck. No offense to anyone who wears that kind of attire, at all, or who drives a truck, and pure speculation on the ability he has to look like Everyman, and blend in with others. If it turns out he drove a little economy car, like a Honda Fit, or something, I will be surprised. JMO.

They shouldn't let that stop them from making it a priority. If he had nothing to do with it, they can't stop looking for who did!

I agree, but if I remember correctly, it took quite some time to clear DN. I’m sure they are already working on many leads right now in addition to this. They interviewed DN pretty soon after his arrest, but seemed to not clear him for a while.

wonder if BG was drinking in his car before he spotted the girls, certainly Delphi LE checked all the local drinking establishments?

this guy is so checking all the boxes..I'm cautiously optimistic . I know we've been down this road before...but look how close we were in terms of comparisons to DN..we were in the ballpark ! now TB shows up and fits the I-70 too. Shops and small businesses where women can be found alone.

many years ago as a teen I went to the high bridge, I remember being terrified crossing it.

I have a vague recall of being beneath it too, back in the hippie days , just us kids, so innocent...so happy..our bright young faces, plaid shirts, colored autumn leaves floating along on the chilled fresh air. The broken rickety slats and no rail to save you.

now this place is discoloured, damaged, defiled and haunted.

we must find A and L's killer, punish him justly and show no mercy. MOO

I agree, but if I remember correctly, it took quite some time to clear DN. I’m sure they are already working on many leads right now in addition to this. They interviewed DN pretty soon after his arrest, but seemed to not clear him for a while.

I was surprised there wasn’t anything related to Delphi released in the news today. It could mean there is nothing to connect him to that crime. I do think he will be looked at other cases, perhaps even cold ones, but that will take some time. It does look like, based on the information from the reporter’s information here

Catholic Supply homicide suspect makes first court appearance

he is NOT going to fold quickly and confess to anything. Look how far they waited him out to sign a piece of paper before the judge came out. That was my interpretation. So to link him to other crimes, if DNA isn’t the thing to do it, some good old fashioned investigatory work is needed.

Last edited:

I think they will get DNA tested in a reasonable amount of time I’m sure this case is a top priority. I think we will have to wait until the New Year for news they may have multiple tests that need done. They will need to make sure they are absolutely certain one way or the other they can’t mess this up. I’m ok with the DNA tests not being rushed as it can increase the likelihood of errors being made in the laboratory.

I think they will get DNA tested in a reasonable amount of time I’m sure this case is a top priority. I think we will have to wait until the New Year for news they may have multiple tests that need done. They will need to make sure they are absolutely certain one way or the other they can’t mess this up. I’m ok with the DNA tests not being rushed as it can increase the likelihood of errors being made in the laboratory.

Imagine if the family could have answers by Christmas. That would be a miracle. Still won’t bring those precious girls back, but maybe a little glimmer of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member