Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please about the light wand on the STL page? (Mods have asked us to keep the threads separate. If something is not specifically about Delphi, it goes on the other thread. Not trying to be bossy-pans, but just wanting to keep the thread open!)

Yes, that's what I'm thinking too. If TB is connected, they can take their time since he's in custody.

I just have a sinking feeling that there is no DNA in Delphi. :(

Speculation on the DNA, not fact.

jmo

What do you think about the fact that Abby's mom (or was it Libby's mom?) posted on her FB page that they do have DNA?

What do you think about the fact that Abby's mom (or was it Libby's mom?) posted on her FB page that they do have DNA?
It's confusing.

I don't know what to think about that. She could be mistaken with what evidence was actually found. LE doesn't have to tell family members what they actually have as evidence, so I tend to disregard the FB comment. Or, maybe LE has DNA but it's not of a good enough quality to make matches, other than to rule out?

What are your thoughts?

jmo

It's confusing.

I don't know what to think about that. She could be mistaken with what evidence was actually found. LE doesn't have to tell family members what they actually have as evidence, so I tend to disregard the FB comment. Or, maybe LE has DNA but it's not of a good enough quality to make matches, other than to rule out?

What are your thoughts?

jmo

It would be odd to not have any DNA if it was a sexual assault, which I think it was. So I tend to believe that they do have DNA.

I'm going to look for a link somewhere, but it may take a long time to find one. I remember reading at one time that LE in this case had said they may use the same technology as was used with John Miller (April Tinsley). I believe that was using DNA found at the scene. I would think they'd have to have some somewhat usable DNA to even consider that. Until I can find a link... MOO

ETA: I think I may have misread it before, he doesn't come right out and say it.
“It is something that we are using in cases. Are we using it in this specific case? I’m not going to say one way or another,” said Sgt. Riley.

But, Riley says familial DNA testing is available to the department and says investigators are working closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby.

“We are using information from that case to help solve any other cases that we have,” said Sgt. Riley.
Delphi detectives working closely with investigators who cracked Fort Wayne cold case

Last edited:
I posted a few days ago about PITTSBURGHESE. (The way Pittsburghers talk) BG ALWAYS did and still does sound like he is speaking like a Pittsburgher. Look it up but they say “DAHN” (down) and they say “GA” for go and “GIT” for get (GA DAHN the hill or GIT DAHN the hill) Look up Pittsburghese/listen to “Pittsburgh Dad” on YouTube and then please read TB reviews on Trip Advisor or FB.... speak some of it out loud. There is a correlation between how we speak and how we write... and IRONICALLY in May 2017 TB took a mini vaca to Pittsburgh. (With family) Weird? Coincidental? I think not...

I posted a few days ago about PITTSBURGHESE. (The way Pittsburghers talk) BG ALWAYS did and still does sound like he is speaking like a Pittsburgher. Look it up but they say “DAHN” (down) and they say “GA” for go and “GIT” for get (GA DAHN the hill or GIT DAHN the hill) Look up Pittsburghese/listen to “Pittsburgh Dad” on YouTube and then please read TB reviews on Trip Advisor or FB.... speak some of it out loud. There is a correlation between how we speak and how we write... and IRONICALLY in May 2017 TB took a mini vaca to Pittsburgh. (With family) Weird? Coincidental? I think not...

So you think BG might originally be from Pittsburgh? And you think TB also might originally be from Pittsburgh because he visited there? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

I believe TB IS BG. I strongly believe BG voice can be that of someone from Pittsburgh.

The suspect in the St. Louis Catholic supply store rape/murder. There are similarities between that crime and this one. St. Louis LE contacted Delphi LE about him when he was arrested. I'm not saying his name because I think in this thread we are only supposed to be using initials.

Edit: OOPS, sorry, quoted the wrong post. I think you figured out what I meant!

Last edited:
I believe TB IS BG. I strongly believe BG voice can be that of someone from Pittsburgh.

AFAIK TB is not from Pittsburgh and I don't think he ever lived there. I think he is from MI originally, spent 10-11 years in the navy, lived in CA for awhile and then ended up in MO. This is JMO from what I've pieced together so not necessarily fact.

It has been a couple of weeks now and no news of a DNA match. Granted we've had the Thanksgiving holiday period, some lab technicians may be out on holiday leave increasing the backlog. But this is VERY high profile case and I believe if there was a match between Thomas Bruce and Liberty/Abigail's murders we would have heard by now. Of course this assumes LE does have the killer's DNA from the crime scene.

I agree that any match to another crime would have been announced immediately, especially a high profile crime. LE is always anxious to announce when DNA has linked one suspect to other crimes. Jmo

sometimes I wonder if the girl's killer has re-offended, that maybe we have it wrong and the girls were actually targeted long before their actual killing and that they were stalked and killed the way they were ( method and place) because this was the plan all along.

and now. ... whatabout...

Jayme Closs ?

needed to be removed from the home of her parents and this was the plan , this time? maybe?

I know common sense says they cant be related, but I think it could be kind of escalation.

I know ..probably not..but what if part of his game is no MO..new fantasies..maybe this killer works for a while all to pay for his next foray, like Keyes, who I'm sure is an idol among his contemporaries..did his killcations..all over the country.

maybe this killer really is finding his victims on line and is not an opportunistic killer.

probably the rarer type of SK..one who enjoys the planning and the challenge of execution and escape,

A&L's murders were SHOWY.

Plus Wisco/Illinois/Indiana kind of the triad here.

MOO

I agree that any match to another crime would have been announced immediately, especially a high profile crime. LE is always anxious to announce when DNA has linked one suspect to other crimes. Jmo

But maybe not. There may not be any benefit to either case to publically announce a DNA match. Of course the public would like to know, but if it does not further the goals of the investigation(s), then my thought is that LE would decide to keep this info from us while they continue their work of nailing down ALL possible details before putting it out there for public consumption. Maybe.

Well. I wish everyone the best of luck. I provided the white object and the nickels from Facebook. I recently provided what I believe about the “Pittsburghese” facts. God Bless all of you sleuthers! You are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03