Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if an LE officer would just let a road rage suspect drive away if he in any way thought he was intoxicated. Especially after said individual screamed and yelled vile things in the LE officers face. And I believe that said LE officer would be able to tell much more accurately than any lawyer or you and I watching a video clip. MOO

I’ll admit, after causing the accident I don’t quite understand why he wasn’t arrested for yelling vile things in the officer’s face.

You see in the video Bruce begin to lose his cool after the trooper says his speech is slurred and begins to question if he's been drinking.

"I had a beer. That was it. Doesn't matter," Bruce said.

"It does matter. It does matter because you've been driving," the trooper responded.

Bruce said, "No, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if he hit me in the *advertiser censored**?"

The trooper does begin to do a field sobriety test on Bruce, but never finishes it or try to start a new one.

From there, the situation only continues to escalate.

"I am a citizen! You for me! Alright? Do you understand that?" Bruce said....”

Police dashcam catches heated exchange between trooper and accused Catholic Supply killer

Last edited:
I personally don’t think BG had a phone with him that day. If he planned to attack he would try his best not to be traced. He also would not want someone calling him during an attack with a ringing phone alerting people to his presence or disturbing him as he acted out his fantasy. If he had a phone on him that day the FBI would have traced it.

I’m just glad Liberty had her phone that day.

I would think if he had arrived in a car it would at least have been in his car, but maybe it was turned off?

I’ll admit, after causing the accident I don’t quite understand why he wasn’t arrested for yelling vile things in the officer’s face.
I agree, although yelling vile things in an officers face is one thing, but yelling vile things after a road rage incident while intoxicated would take it to another level IMO. I don't believe he was intoxicated jmo

I agree, although yelling vile things in an officers face is one thing, but yelling vile things after a road rage incident while intoxicated would take it to another level IMO. I don't believe he was intoxicated jmo

I don’t know how TB wasn’t arrested for abusing the officer either you would think that kind of behaviour would not be tolerated under any circumstances.

I personally don’t think BG had a phone with him that day. If he planned to attack he would try his best not to be traced. He also would not want someone calling him during an attack with a ringing phone alerting people to his presence or disturbing him as he acted out his fantasy. If he had a phone on him that day the FBI would have traced it.

I’m just glad Liberty had her phone that day.
Only knowledge of cell phones I have, is making a phone call or sometimes texting. It's sounds as if LE can trace cell phones even if it's not in use. Narrowing down to a location and date.

I think the officer spent quite a bit of time at that scene....and diffused the conflict and restored peace.

jmo

The conflict was diffused because the officer allowed TB to leave.

But I notice his aggressiveness and intimidation came to a head when the topic of drinking was first mentioned by the trooper.

Anyway not meaning to derail this thread, just adding a possible reason why his voice might sound different from the BG audio.

The conflict was diffused because the officer allowed TB to leave.

snipped by me

True, but TB wasn't allowed to leave until he was calm again. Restoring peace took time and patience - not just allowing him to leave. My opinion.

But, to get back to the case, it shows TB to be a person whose personality FLIPS OUT in certain situations. In addition to flipping out, I think TB has a good guy/bad guy switch, which we might also see in BG. He's a guy out walking on a bridge...until he switches to a hunter stalking.

I still think TB is possibility for BG, but I am not as "convinced" as I was before. :(

jmo

snipped by me

True, but TB wasn't allowed to leave until he was calm again. Restoring peace took time and patience - not just allowing him to leave. My opinion.

But, to get back to the case, it shows TB to be a person whose personality FLIPS OUT in certain situations. In addition to flipping out, I think TB has a good guy/bad guy switch, which we might also see in BG. He's a guy out walking on a bridge...until he switches to a hunter stalking.

I still think TB is possibility for BG, but I am not as "convinced" as I was before. :(

jmo

He could be BG or maybe he’s not...fence-sitting me too. The clothing and cap that he wore during the STL brutal attack still have me wondering though.

Yes I agree, the instant personality switch, from a raging and aggressive lunatic to a calm pleasant demeanour is also the sort of person I imagine who others might’ve seen on the trail and who wouldn’t attract immediate alarm or attention, even after the girls were initially reported missing.

Considering TB appears to be inebriated during the video of the rage crash, would that change the way his voice normally sounds...or by comparison to the three word audio recording?

According to this article, it might.
What happens to your voice when you’re drunk?
- lower volume
- higher voice pitch
I always say you can tell when someone is lying by how high there voice is.
Try it...
Do these pants make me look fat?
Nooo. Low pitched.
Do these pants make me look fat?
NoOOoh. High pitched.
Who’s lying?
TB is lying in the video hence his voice so high.

I’m just going to throw this out there imo...if BG stayed in or around Delphi in a hotel, LE would be well aware. If BG made any purchases , gas, convenience store etc, LE would be well aware. My opinion this monster slipped through the cracks either bc he lives near by and keeps to himself, or he has a connection to Delphi that is not on the radar of LE. I personally think that he is fairly local, at least to caroll county, keeps to himself and even if a friend/ family says he kind of looks like BG, they dismiss it and say nah just a coincidence...moo

Such is in many cases, when he is finally identified it will smack people in the face how obvious the connection is....jmo

I wouldn't think BG would remain anywhere near Delphi.
After the murders he immediately left, changing his clothing and appearance.
If he remained, surely with time, he would have been recognized by now, and pieces put together.
Why has he changed his appearance, where was he during the murder times?
Even if he was a loner, he would be known by others, and these points would be thought of/discussed etc.
MOO.

I’m just going to throw this out there imo...if BG stayed in or around Delphi in a hotel, LE would be well aware. If BG made any purchases , gas, convenience store etc, LE would be well aware. My opinion this monster slipped through the cracks either bc he lives near by and keeps to himself, or he has a connection to Delphi that is not on the radar of LE. I personally think that he is fairly local, at least to caroll county, keeps to himself and even if a friend/ family says he kind of looks like BG, they dismiss it and say nah just a coincidence...moo

Such is in many cases, when he is finally identified it will smack people in the face how obvious the connection is....jmo

With all the work LE has done in Delphi and the immediate area, I tend to believe he is not a resident of that immediate area. But he knew about the trail so I believe he has been there before and it is probably a day trip for him. Say an hour to an hour and a half away from Delphi. Unfortunately, this takes in Lafayette (pop ~30K) and Indianapolis metro area (~2 million) and throw in Fort Wayne (~250K) at 1 hr 45 minutes. That leads to a much larger pool of suspects.

I wouldn't think BG would remain anywhere near Delphi.
After the murders he immediately left, changing his clothing and appearance.
If he remained, surely with time, he would have been recognized by now, and pieces put together.
Why has he changed his appearance, where was he during the murder times?
Even if he was a loner, he would be known by others, and these points would be thought of/discussed etc.
MOO.

This might sound stupid but I do wonder if he has been back to the bridge when nobody is around to get a thrill from reliving what he did. He may look very different and think I’m BG catch me if you can. Very risky for him to do but nothing would surprise me about this case.

This might sound stupid but I do wonder if he has been back to the bridge when nobody is around to get a thrill from reliving what he did. He may look very different and think I’m BG catch me if you can. Very risky for him to do but nothing would surprise me about this case.
This is something some serial killers have done before, so it doesn't really sound stupid. I would hope LE has some sort of video surveillance of the trail. Of course, he probably has driven past there again without stopping as well.

This is something some serial killers have done before, so it doesn't really sound stupid. I would hope LE has some sort of video surveillance of the trail. Of course, he probably has driven past there again without stopping as well.

I think of BG as more of a collector. He probably has his kill hoard stashed somewhere safe, but easily accessible to relive his thrills.

Cases have shown a killer's helping with organized searches of their victims.
The killer could've inserted himself with the first initial search of Abby and Libby, before he realizing Libby had taken a snapshot of him. Libby's intuition to snap a photo of the killer and record his voice, their is a eerie resemblance between TB's photo and the sketch. I bet they compare TB DNA's to Abby and Libby's killer.

I’ve searched and searched but don’t seem to be able to find the answer: Did LE recovered the gun used in the Catholic Supply Store murder? How about spent cartridges? Or maybe these are types of things we will not know about until much later.

I don’t know why I hadn’t thought about it until a couple of days ago, but if the investigators in the CSS case do have the gun TB used to murder Jamie Schmidt in their possession, they most certainly would run ballistics to see whether or not the firearm is connected to any other crime, which may include Abby and Libby’s, right (I say “may” since LE has never revealed how the girls were killed), right?

As I understand, firearm forensics isn’t foolproof, but if there was a match, at least it would be a piece of the puzzle that could help build a case against someone, IMO.

It's creepy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has been back.

Shudder.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members