Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After following this case for a couple months I'm still perplexed when trying to create a random encounter in my mind.

First of all, why would a serial killer hot for a victim stalk random victims on an unfrequented trail? Most weekdays young girls wouldn't even be there. They'd be in class.

So was he privy to school schedules and knew teen traffic might be on the trail on this odd day off? That seems weak, but maybe he thought things would be more secluded that day and was surprised to encounter the girls while doing whatever he was up to.

Also, the attack was swift and vicious. He hustled them off the trail, down the hill, killed the pair and then got out of there.people were searching for them soon after. It doesn't seem like he'd have had time to enjoy their fear like I'd think a sk would do, savor his deeds?

Or did he attempt a rape, fail, and murder out of frustration? Doesn't jive to me. It was too fast. But could be one of the girls said something to make him feel inadequate.

Did they see something? Try to intervene to stop a drug transaction or something involving someone they cared for, and the dealer freaked when they tried to stop the deal? Snitch on someone?

Was hiking the bridge trail an unusual activity for the two? I ask because that old bridge looks scary as all get-out. Have people ever been hurt goofing off out there? Guess I'm a fraidy-cat.

Did they want to go hiking because they'd heard a rumor if something intriguing? Anything "cool" or spooky about the area? (Ghost rumors, nifty geology, anything?)

Did he think he'd been "caught" doing something by Libby's phone camera? We're there any escapes from jails around that time? Unsolved crimes where he might've been disposing of some type of evidence? Could he have burgled one if the residences flanking the trails and been escaping in foot, then got caught on camera and flipped because he might get caught?

Were they stalked to the trails for some other reason? Retribution of some sort or eliminating a problem?

Too random and too quick. Don't see it as a serial killing. I think something else was going on.

Maybe he overheard them calling him a "creepy" guy and saw Libby trying to get his picture clandestinely, and was feeling guilty about or hiding from something else. So he panicked and killed them.

I'm just thinking here, not shaping a theory. I'm sure LE has a better idea than the public, since we really don't know much, not even how they died. So this is just what I've thought.

I think it may be as sadly simple as a guy who has taken shelter under a bridge made his way to another bridge. Maybe for employment due to probation via bus or hitch hiking. Just enjoys the outdoors. Could be any lunatic. One is still sticking. Pro living from week to week. jmo

I believe that the girls were in water and DNA was minute, sadly. Hope not. jmo

I used to think that TB was BG, but now that I've seen more pictures of TB, I have to say that TB's facial shape does not match BG's. BG has a very broad, square lower face, and TB's lower face doesn't even come close. I don't see how they could be one in the same unless BG had disguised his appearance with prosthetics or a mask.
I personally think that he is fairly local, at least to caroll county, keeps to himself and even if a friend/ family says he kind of looks like BG, they dismiss it and say nah just a coincidence...moo

Such is in many cases, when he is finally identified it will smack people in the face how obvious the connection is....jmo
Snipped.

I think he must have some connection to Delphi, but he may live within a different media market where the images and audio recording of BG weren't distributed as well as they were in the Delphi area.

Either that or BG is much older than I anticipated, it’s pretty rare in 2018 to find anybody under 50 that isn’t attached to their phone 24-7.
Snipped.
I don't know how rare it is. I'm in my 40s and often leave my cell phone at home, especially when it isn't charged. It isn't uncommon for me to go an entire day without turning it on. I try to check my voicemail at least once a week, but I'm not 911, so I figure no one is going to contact me about anything all that urgent.

[QUOTE

Snipped.
I don't know how rare it is. I'm in my 40s and often leave my cell phone at home, especially when it isn't charged. It isn't uncommon for me to go an entire day without turning it on. I try to check my voicemail at least once a week, but I'm not 911, so I figure no one is going to contact me about anything all that urgent.[/QUOTE]

Rare is probably bad terminology on my part.
Imo you are the minority and not the majority, in the U.S. the majority of adult citizens, let’s say under 60 are very attached to cellular devices.

Last edited:
After following this case for a couple months I'm still perplexed when trying to create a random encounter in my mind.

First of all, why would a serial killer hot for a victim stalk random victims on an unfrequented trail? Most weekdays young girls wouldn't even be there. They'd be in class.

So was he privy to school schedules and knew teen traffic might be on the trail on this odd day off? That seems weak, but maybe he thought things would be more secluded that day and was surprised to encounter the girls while doing whatever he was up to.

Also, the attack was swift and vicious. He hustled them off the trail, down the hill, killed the pair and then got out of there.people were searching for them soon after. It doesn't seem like he'd have had time to enjoy their fear like I'd think a sk would do, savor his deeds?

Or did he attempt a rape, fail, and murder out of frustration? Doesn't jive to me. It was too fast. But could be one of the girls said something to make him feel inadequate.

Did they see something? Try to intervene to stop a drug transaction or something involving someone they cared for, and the dealer freaked when they tried to stop the deal? Snitch on someone?

Was hiking the bridge trail an unusual activity for the two? I ask because that old bridge looks scary as all get-out. Have people ever been hurt goofing off out there? Guess I'm a fraidy-cat.

Did they want to go hiking because they'd heard a rumor if something intriguing? Anything "cool" or spooky about the area? (Ghost rumors, nifty geology, anything?)

Did he think he'd been "caught" doing something by Libby's phone camera? We're there any escapes from jails around that time? Unsolved crimes where he might've been disposing of some type of evidence? Could he have burgled one if the residences flanking the trails and been escaping in foot, then got caught on camera and flipped because he might get caught?

Were they stalked to the trails for some other reason? Retribution of some sort or eliminating a problem?

Too random and too quick. Don't see it as a serial killing. I think something else was going on.

Maybe he overheard them calling him a "creepy" guy and saw Libby trying to get his picture clandestinely, and was feeling guilty about or hiding from something else. So he panicked and killed them.

I'm just thinking here, not shaping a theory. I'm sure LE has a better idea than the public, since we really don't know much, not even how they died. So this is just what I've thought.

I agree in that it doesn't seem to be typical of serial killer. At the same time, this doesn't appear to be someone who hasn't sexually abused or assaulted women or girls in his past. Not necessarily kill, but rather some other non-fatal crime against the other sex. He may have a clean record because he wasn't caught or arrested.

I also wonder if this is some rage or urge that he has had deep down inside of him and some event - death of a parent, divorce, break-up of a relationship - triggered that rage. Maybe he encountered them early on and something the girls said or maybe they looked at him and giggled. He went back to his vehicle and got a gun and/or something else and went after them. If it happened like that and Liberty saw him coming with a purpose she got a bad feeling.

It's amazing how the voice from Libby's phone is so clear but the picture is not.

I can only assume that photo is from a video Liberty started when he several yards down the trail and then she quickly put the phone in her pocket. In order to get a photo out to the public LE may have had to enlarge the image to bring out more detail. Unfortunately, the more you enlarge something the more hazy or blurry it becomes. The audio may be from when the murderer was closer to them and Liberty had the phone in her pocket - no video but there is audio.

I agree in that it doesn't seem to be typical of serial killer. At the same time, this doesn't appear to be someone who hasn't sexually abused or assaulted women or girls in his past. Not necessarily kill, but rather some other non-fatal crime against the other sex. He may have a clean record because he wasn't caught or arrested.

I also wonder if this is some rage or urge that he has had deep down inside of him and some event - death of a parent, divorce, break-up of a relationship - triggered that rage. Maybe he encountered them early on and something the girls said or maybe they looked at him and giggled. He went back to his vehicle and got a gun and/or something else and went after them. If it happened like that and Liberty saw him coming with a purpose she got a bad feeling.
I've known folks who could take things wrong and fly into a rage leaving others dumbfounded. If he was fragile emotionally due to a life trauma it makes some sort of sense as to motive.
Like maybe they tried to talk to him and he brushed them off like "Leave me alone, ---------" fill in trauma, and one of them responded sarcastically. Innocently.
He takes it wrong and vents rage at life's trauma on them. Maybe the trauma involved a girl their age somehow.

I've known folks who could take things wrong and fly into a rage leaving others dumbfounded. If he was fragile emotionally due to a life trauma it makes some sort of sense as to motive.
Like maybe they tried to talk to him and he brushed them off like "Leave me alone, ---------" fill in trauma, and one of them responded sarcastically. Innocently.
He takes it wrong and vents rage at life's trauma on them. Maybe the trauma involved a girl their age somehow.

Yes, I can see this. And that is why this is so difficult for LE. Stranger. No witness to any confrontation, if there was one, so no known motive.

Jmo I think people want BG to be this other guy...partly so this crime will be solved and partly because he seems evil enough. I think it will be hard to bear if this is solved and turns out to be some average man with no criminal history. But jmo. I don’t think it is him.

[QUOTE

Snipped.
I don't know how rare it is. I'm in my 40s and often leave my cell phone at home, especially when it isn't charged. It isn't uncommon for me to go an entire day without turning it on. I try to check my voicemail at least once a week, but I'm not 911, so I figure no one is going to contact me about anything all that urgent.

Rare is probably bad terminology on my part.
Imo you are the minority and not the majority, in the U.S. the majority of adult citizens, let’s say under 60 are very attached to cellular devices.[/QUOTE]

Minority for sure. I am in my 50’s and if I left my cell phone at home I would go back and get it. I have adult children, an elder mother, and friends who occasionally need fairly timely assistance. Dead battery, locked keys in car, pick up a gallon of milk, etc.

In case a family member or friend got into an accident or was sick I would want them to be able to get ahold of me quickly.

Not to mention we all just keep in touch with short texts during the day and discuss future plans. Text each other suggestions for dinner.

My dad used to call me when he was in his mid-70s when was working crossword puzzles and got stuck on a word. Or to share a news story or joke.

We all text pictures to each other at times, or share recipes or other random things.

All my friends, family, and coworkers use their phones the same as I do. I don’t know anyone who would go a day without turning their phone on.

Earlier I stated that the voice on the 'down the hill' audio sounded more like someone farther south like Kentucky. So I went to Google Maps and I see some of the cities like Louisville or Frankfurt are 3-4.5 hours away by car. While I was looking at the map I saw a familiar town name. French Lick, IN. I remember that a famous NBA player was from French Lick, Larry Bird. So I did a Google search and found 1984 interview with Bird. His accent is similar to the audio of the killer. (NO, I'm not implicating Larry Bird, he just happened to be the ONLY person I could think of from southern Indiana.) So I can see this person as being from a rural area in the southern part of the state. (Yeah, that really narrows it down.)

I think it is time for LE to have a refresher and maybe at the end show the photo and sketch side-by-side with the 'down the hill' audio playing. Somebody has to have someone they suspect!

Just a gut feeling I've had since early on is that BG is from southern IL or southern IN. Just a vibe I'm getting.

There have been a lot of unsolved murders along the Ohio River in both states in the last 15-20 years, and over the river into KY there have been some, too. i often wonder where BG has killed before.

JMO

Just a gut feeling I've had since early on is that BG is from southern IL or southern IN. Just a vibe I'm getting.

There have been a lot of unsolved murders along the Ohio River in both states in the last 15-20 years, and over the river into KY there have been some, too. i often wonder where BG has killed before.

JMO
Right. I can't imagine this being first....nor his last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarcWahlberg