Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always give LE the benefit of doubt. It’s my belief that nobody wants to solve crimes like these more than they do! I think if they had info of a make and or model of car they would release it. If there was evidence of a unique killing tool other than a standard knife and or bullet that they thought the public could identify, they would make that known as well. And as for the rest of the recording, it’s my belief that it only captures the girls fears and that it would not solve anything other than the public’s morbid curiosities! LE can only work with what they have and they are much more trained then the general public! I definitely feel myself the emotions of the public wanting justice for these poor girls! But just imagine the investigators emotions of pouring over the crime scene evidence day in and day out for two yrs and not being able to give the families any sort of peace! It’s easy to criticize when you and I don’t know what they know. Personally I’ll just keep praying that LE finds what they need to find!

I always give LE the benefit of doubt. It’s my belief that nobody wants to solve crimes like these more than they do! I think if they had info of a make and or model of car they would release it. If there was evidence of a unique killing tool other than a standard knife and or bullet that they thought the public could identify, they would make that known as well. And as for the rest of the recording, it’s my belief that it only captures the girls fears and that it would not solve anything other than the public’s morbid curiosities! LE can only work with what they have and they are much more trained then the general public! I definitely feel myself the emotions of the public wanting justice for these poor girls! But just imagine the investigators emotions of pouring over the crime scene evidence day in and day out for two yrs and not being able to give the families any sort of peace! It’s easy to criticize when you and I don’t know what they know. Personally I’ll just keep praying that LE finds what they need to find!

I totally agree that law enforcement wants this solved they want nothing more than to tell the girls families “we got him”. I will never forget how upset and shaken the detective was at the press conference.

I hope the case will be in the news again soon with the second anniversary coming up next month. They have a huge problem getting the public’s attention now.

Is anyone a subscriber to the Carroll County Comet? I was wondering if this article from the 28th of November 2018 had any new information. Thank you.

Law enforcement is dedicated to solving double homicide

Law enforcement is dedicated to solving double homicide | www.carrollcountycomet.com | Carroll County Comet

Not up-to-date on the thread yet, but... Archive link of article:

Law enforcement is dedicated to solving double homicide | www.carroll…

May see if you can access it there?

When I heard this at that press conference many months ago my heart sank. My thought was that LE had absolutely no idea who killed these girls and no evidence to point them in any direction. They are literally waiting on someone to come forward and tell them who it is. There is a quarter of a million dollar reward out there and that person hasn’t come forward yet. I doubt they will be calling anytime soon.
Despite LE needing the public’s help so badly, they release no information to help jog someone’s memory. The public doesn’t need to know everything but there are some things that may help identify this guy to somebody. Maybe it’s something as simple as “we think he left in this direction”(oh yea I was driving that way and I saw that dented up blue car driving way to fast down that rural road); or “the girls were killed with a weapon that left marks that look like this”( hmmm my neighbor has woodworking tools that might make marks like that); etc.
It’s frustrating. LE so obviously needs the public’s help...they are begging for it... but refuse to allow us to help.
I think the only way the killer is arrested is for BG to be arrested for some other crime and they are able to connect him to Delphi which is why I think we all get excited for arrests like those of DN and TB.
LE thought publishing the images and audio would be enough. I tend to think it would have been if BG lived in the Delphi area.

Hi all, a long time back I searched photos of the bridge and found

135966-00f6f0c19be31129beb0b05b6558c95b.jpg

Do yall think that could be BG?

Hi jon70,

Welcome to WS.
No, I don’t think it’s BG.
I agree with the other poster that you can’t even tell if it’s a man or a woman.
Most importantly, this thread has been warned multiple times to not post random pictures of people who are on or near the bridge, or people we think resemble the video still or composite drawing of BG, or the thread will be closed.

Thanks
RIP M+J

Now with that said; I do wish that LE had some info to share with us that would cause a citizen to say oh I know who did it. But sadly I don’t think le has that info, or it would have been shared long ago...jmo

I think the majority of citizens wouldn’t want to believe that their friend, workmate, neighbour, husband, son, nephew etc could have committed such evil. Especially those who may be reliant on him for their home etc.

LE thought publishing the images and audio would be enough. I tend to think it would have been if BG lived in the Delphi area.

He may be within a small radius of Delphi, say an hour or two away where many wouldnt have taken notice because it wasn’t close by them or because BG had misled them about where they would be that day.

He may be within a small radius of Delphi, say an hour or two away where many wouldnt have taken notice because it wasn’t close by them or because BG had misled them about where they would be that day.
Unfortunately, most of us can think of someone who resembles or is close to the sketch. Since, I live over 800 miles away I'm not going to burden LE with a call unless I know said individual says they were in central Indiana around Valentine's Day that year. The farther out this killer is from Delphi the less likely someone is going to call in a tip. Of course, the farther out this murderer lives the more likely his absence that day might be noticed. While I believe his accent is more like southern IN or KY, I wonder if he is not a former resident living in the Chicago area, the Louisville area or other large metro area within a day trip away.

They have definitely gotten the photo and sketch out to the public. I remember driving into work and seeing a billboard off the interstate right before the exit to the Norfolk Naval Station. We're 800+ miles away, but if you were going to put up a billboard that was THE place in this area to put it.

Not up-to-date on the thread yet, but... Archive link of article:

Law enforcement is dedicated to solving double homicide | www.carroll…
Thank you very much for posting this article it is much appreciated. A warm welcome to you thank you for joining Websleuths.

May see if you can access it there?
I talked with Deb Lowe the reporter for Carroll County Comet on Dec. 28, 2108. She has written numerous
articles about the Delphi murders and was sicken the day the Sheriff's office announced the horrifying manner in which the girls were found. Carroll County Sheriff of 32 years, Tobe Leazenby meets 2 to 3 times a week, no stone is unturned with the murder investigation of Abby Williams and Libby German.
The Sheriff office and FBI continually receive leads, this is a active investigation. FBI has a office in Delphi and
meets regularly with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

Before the murders, children felt safe to play outside in Delphi.
Folks of this small town are on edge a killer, a could be walking the streets of Delphi.

Last edited:
So let's say hypothetically someone called in to LE and said I'm sure this guy did it. He called off work and wasn't home that day and came home with bloody clothes and an axe. He washed and bleached the axe and burned the clothes in the backyard fire. LE interviews him and he says nope, wasn't me I was just out hunting. Voice sounds like him and he fits the body type. However there's no DNA, and no proof it was him.
LE is at a standstill. So now what?

I agree with this, he could have been home for his evening meal if he left the area of C.R. 300 say around 2:45-3PM, and still had to drive up to a a few hours home.

Illinois public workers had the day off from work, I've taken that into consideration since someone pointed that out early on.

For the sake of argument, maybe he is a public employee in IL, but he could still live in Indiana or KY. I'm picturing someone comfortable in the outdoors, maybe a public utility worker. Someone who has a lot of time out on the road, so to speak. Maybe a contractor for utility companies.

JMO

Even if BG lived in the Delphi area, and someone alerted LE to his whereabouts, as possibly there is no DNA, any suspicions towards him, could not be acted on.
He could be further investigated, remain a person of interest, similar to many others, but unless positive evidence links him to the girls' murders, LE's hands are tied.
MOO.

Since this happened the day before Valentine's Day, I often wonder if that had some relationship to the killer's frame of mind that day. An emotional trigger?

It is very possible he is divorced or had recently split up with his significant other and he feels a rage inside him at being alone near Valentine’s Day. I don’t know if it is possible he could be widowed and is angry about that. He likely has anger issues towards women due to relationship breakdowns or having his advances rejected by them.

I just hope and pray he is not planning to attack again very soon. I dread coming to the missing persons section everyday since this happened.

I talked with Deb Lowe the reporter for Carroll County Comet on Dec. 28, 2108. She has written numerous
articles about the Delphi murders and was sicken the day the Sheriff's office announced the horrifying manner in which the girls were found. Carroll County Sheriff of 32 years, Tobe Leazenby meets 2 to 3 times a week, no stone is unturned with the murder investigation of Abby Williams and Libby German.
The Sheriff office and FBI continually receive leads, this is a active investigation. FBI has a office in Delphi and
meets regularly with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby.

Before the murders, children felt safe to play outside in Delphi.
Folks of this small town are on edge a killer, a could be walking the streets of Delphi.

Thank you for posting this. I have a great deal of respect for Sheriff Leazenby and his colleagues for the very difficult job they have to do everyday. The reporters like Ms. Lowe have done a great job covering the case. Hopefully the media outlets will cover the case again around the two year anniversary.

So let's say hypothetically someone called in to LE and said I'm sure this guy did it. He called off work and wasn't home that day and came home with bloody clothes and an axe. He washed and bleached the axe and burned the clothes in the backyard fire. LE interviews him and he says nope, wasn't me I was just out hunting. Voice sounds like him and he fits the body type. However there's no DNA, and no proof it was him.
LE is at a standstill. So now what?
I don't believe for a second that they have that good of a lead in any single suspect. That kind of information would be enough for a search warrant and enough to get the suspect into a lineup.
-
They probably have thousands of tips. BG's name may be one out of a thousand names on their list, or his name may never have surfaced.

I don't believe for a second that they have that good of a lead in any single suspect. That kind of information would be enough for a search warrant and enough to get the suspect into a lineup.
-
They probably have thousands of tips. BG's name may be one out of a thousand names on their list, or his name may never have surfaced.
This is a unique case - 30K in tips! That volume of tips may have created a haystack in and of itself. I can easily see a thousand names from that number of tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow