Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
mmm....
So just the fact that the man (they maybe encountered weirdly earlier) was now also on the rickety old bridge was cause for alarm to the girls. They weren't allowed on the rickety old bridge iirc. Did they go on it thinking he wouldn't follow? Maybe that one picture of the smaller girl with her shoe stepping and her looking down is another clue. This was not a safe walkway on the bridge. jmo
JMO...There's no way I would get on that bridge in first place (I'm acrophobic), but I especially wouldn't want to cross that bridge if some maniac were following me. It's too easy to get trapped by someone who's bigger (and probably faster). And there's no turning back because you'd have to try to pass him on that narrow bridge.

I'm thinking the girls believed the man had left before they began crossing the bridge. They probably forgot about him at that point so didn't sense danger when they started across.

MOO

JMO...There's no way I would get on that bridge in first place (I'm acrophobic), but I especially wouldn't want to cross that bridge if some maniac were following me. It's too easy to get trapped by someone who's bigger (and probably faster). And there's no turning back because you'd have to try to pass him on that narrow bridge.

I'm thinking the girls believed the man had left before they began crossing the bridge. They probably forgot about him at that point so didn't sense danger when they started across.

MOO
maybe. Iirc they weren't allowed on the bridge. It wasn't safe. Perhaps they felt it was their best escape, under their circumstances.....and then he went on the bridge too.
I think we need to take a look at the pictures taken again. Why were they taken? Maybe the bridge, them being on it and then BG too is the reason! Maybe there are other pics taken before the bridge pics. Maybe even of BG!

Just jumping in here for a minute..the girls were not found in the creek. IMO, he may have had a gun as I can't think of any other way he could have contained 2 young, physically active girls.

BBM- The Monon HIgh Bridge is now blocked with a fence and gate, however when we were there a few months ago, we were able to get around and to the bridge. I wondered when I saw the bridge why it wasn't fenced off before because there was NO way I was going across that rickety old thing.

One of the girls could have been paralysed with fear and the other didn’t want to leave her behind. I still think the monster had a gun or a knife and it was held up to one of the girl’s head as he said “down the hill”.

Thank you for letting us know the bridge is blocked with a fence and gate I’m glad that is the case.

I hope and pray 2019 brings developments in the case it would be horrendous to have him free another year.

maybe. Iirc they weren't allowed on the bridge. It wasn't safe. Perhaps they felt it was their best escape, under their circumstances.....and then he went on the bridge too.
I think we need to take a look at the pictures taken again. Why were they taken? Maybe the bridge, them being on it and then BG too is the reason! Maybe there are other pics taken before the bridge pics. Maybe even of BG!
I didn't remember the girls not being allowed on the bridge. I do think I read that Abby's mom didn't want her to go to the bridge. But, I thought I read that Libby had been on the bridge many times. I tried to find some links to verify, but my computer is acting up. If you or someone else could post some links to support either way, I'd greatly appreciate it!

How close do you think Libby's phone had to be to pick up the audio "down the hill" comment? The tone of voice is kind of flat, not like its loud or shouted.

I'm glad others have noted the rickety state of the bridge. I can't help but think it factors in.

I keep visualizing a scuffle over the phone leading to one of the girls falling off that scary bridge. If one died he could've killed the other to avoid blame.

I just can't get them from bridge to where the bodies were found, unless the other girl helped move the injured one thinking they were trying to get to a nearby residence he claimed to live at for help.

Then, fearing blame for the accident, he kills them when he gets them secluded.

Do they have the route to the body site figured out positively?

Hi kkjd!
Libby’s grandma BP stated the girls asked to go to the bridge to take pictures. IIRC correctly, it’s in a GH interview. Not sure there’s hidden meaning in the photo of Abby since pictures were the reason they were there. The video still of BG was intentional, as stated by LE at the very beginning (paraphrase) Libby was a hero because she had the sense to turn on the video recording on her phone camera when she thought something was wrong.

JMO
~RIP M+J

I didn't remember the girls not being allowed on the bridge. I do think I read that Abby's mom didn't want her to go to the bridge. But, I thought I read that Libby had been on the bridge many times. I tried to find some links to verify, but my computer is acting up. If you or someone else could post some links to support either way, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I recall Abby's mom saying in a TV interview that Abby wasn't supposed to go on the actual bridge and was upset when she originally found out she had. Maybe the Dr. Phil show?

Maybe there were. Le might not mention what they know about other encounters.
Though LE could be withholding possible build up encounters between say, a rager / hunter and other members of the public, I don't think such an effort would be successful given the media attention the case has received.

The level of media attention would probably lead to any accounts of an angry hunter who "claimed" the area and then had build up confrontations with others being reported by a media outlet at least in general terms.

i remember being terrified on the bridge and having to watch every step, it really is un-cool in terms of being safe, at least back in the day and it looks exactly the same so...you dont just go running across with nary a thought.mOO

i remember being terrified on the bridge and having to watch every step, it really is un-cool in terms of being safe, at least back in the day and it looks exactly the same so...you dont just go running across with nary a thought.mOO
Exactly why I believe BG knew that bridge well.

Exactly why I believe BG knew that bridge well.
Yes and yes. BG was crossing the bridge very nonchalantly with his hands in his pockets. He had probably crossed it many times, maybe recently, maybe in his youth.

By the way, someone I know who looked at the images of BG thought he might have a prosthetic leg. Is that even remotely possible? I admit that one of his legs looks skinny compared to his upper body.

interesting there has been a lot of discussion about his pantleg, his leg, the unusual crease
etc.

but I think experts would have ruled it out, but then , who knows?

I feel like either unbelievable care and expert attention from every possible LE expert has been paid and we wouldn't believe what all they have looked into and who...OR...

it's a poor town and even with the community pressure and all the pressure is on the $$$ and media isn't there to propel this case to where it needs to be with FBI and continued
support.

there is no news. no nightly nancy grace and national coverage, the girls aren't rich and even though there have been a couple of shows...the case doesn't have enough top story attributes, like wealthy parents or cheer leader victims, and not enough salacious details for the public.

even though they are technically children and this should be enough to keep the story alive.

perhaps beautiful rallys and rememberances with candles and t-shirts are too closure oriented and someone should get out there and talk about

THE UGLINESS OF TWO DEAD CHILDREN murdered in cold blood and what all happened to them and how they suffered so everyone can get their head out of their butt
and start looking around their own backyards for this animal before he finds two more.

mOO

Just a note about the BG images, I think the unusual crease, pant leg etc may be possible distortion from LE cropping. I don’t believe the images were put out for people to be able to find clues about what BG may or may not have on him, I believe LE already believes that they have all the information they can discern made by trained experts. Jmo I think the main purpose of the photo was for somebody who knows BG to be able to make the connection by looking at said photos. Nothing more and nothing less.

Even though no arrests have been made, Supt. Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/326442002

Supt. Carter believes one person holds the key to solving this crime. Do you know who did it? I certainly don’t. If this comes down to one person it’s probably a lost cause after all this time.

Which again is a reminder of how brazen and determined and possibly comfortable with heights/the bridge this man was, IMO. These are actually again my most recent thoughts about this case as I continue to revisit.

—-

(ETA: Thinking to self to go back to MO.)

——

ETA2:

Wow, this ought to be interesting, article from 1916 re: MO:

Modus Operandi System in the Detection of Criminals
Raymond B. Fosdick
Article 9
https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1392&context=jclc

How interesting!

“The detection of criminals as a science is in its infancy. It is the last aspect of police work to receive intelligent attention. When in 1829 Sir Robert Peel laid the foundations of modern police organization, the apprehension of criminals as a distinct function to be carried on by a separate group of men specially trained for their work was not thought of. It was notuntil the latter part of the nineteenth century that de- tective bureaus were organized in Europe and America; and even to-day, in spite of some improvements in personnel and technique, the art of connecting crimes with criminals is crude and undeveloped. We still employ a rule-of-thumb method in which luck and guesswork play the main parts.”

Last edited:
I have believed since early on that this has an extra layer of easy identification. I would say the vast majority of people would either be too nervous to walk on that bridge (I'm in that category. I might go 2 or 3 boards put, but i woukd not cross) or would make a snail look like a sprinter, they would be so cautious and careful . Anyone who is afraid of heights is out. Anyone who won't get close to the edge of a cliff is out. The non fear he shows, walking quickly and confidently across that rickety old Bridge without railings and missing boards is uncanny. It's one thing that ruled Ron out immediately, for me. He and everyone around him said nooooo way to that bridge. He was afraid of heights . And I believed him (that and I think he's far too old for the bridge guy, anyway).

I have believed since early on that this has an extra layer of easy identification. I would say the vast majority of people would either be too nervous to walk on that bridge (I'm in that category. I might go 2 or 3 boards put, but i woukd not cross) or would make a snail look like a sprinter, they would be so cautious and careful . Anyone who is afraid of heights is out. Anyone who won't get close to the edge of a cliff is out. The non fear he shows, walking quickly and confidently across that rickety old Bridge without railings and missing boards is uncanny. It's one thing that ruled Ron out immediately, for me. He and everyone around him said nooooo way to that bridge. He was afraid of heights . And I believed him (that and I think he's far too old for the bridge guy, anyway).

I LOVE this line of thinking, mpnola. We think about and talk so much about what BG “might be” (IS), what about what he is NOT.

And yes, exactly, as I just stated in the above post it is exactly what you mentioned that still stands out so strongly amongst everything almost 2 years later, moo.

Gah 2 years and no arrest??

How likely are the chances he has NOT been up to no good,, meaning lying low and in a “cool off” period as they call it—-in other words, I wonder what other potential cases out there, pre but more specifically POST Abby’s and Libby’s murders, might be perpetrated by BG that we don’t know about. What else has this brutal monster done recently, he’s been walking free for 2 years already, assuming he’s not dead, in cool off mode or incarcerated for another crime, moo.

Last edited:
I LOVE this line of thinking, mpnola. We think about and talk so much about what BG “might be” (IS), what about what he is NOT.

And yes, exactly, as I just stated in the above post it is exactly what you mentioned that still stands out so strongly amongst everything almost 2 years later, moo.

Gah 2 years and no arrest??

How likely are the chances he has NOT been up to no good,, meaning lying low and in a “cool off” period as they call it—-in other words, I wonder what other potential cases out there, pre but more specifically POST Abby’s and Libby’s murders, might be perpetrated by BG that we don’t know about. What else has this brutal monster done recently, he’s been walking free for 2 years already, assuming he’s not dead, in cool off mode or incarcerated for another crime, moo.
Having his image and voice captured by Libby and broadcast by the news media probably drove him into a cooling-off period and possibly into retirement.

Even though no arrests have been made, Supt. Carter said he believes "we're one piece of the puzzle away from figuring out who this individual is."

"Somebody out there knows who this person is," he said. "I don't think there's multiple pieces of the puzzle. ... I think there's one piece. And it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, that's my dad, or that's my cousin, that's my neighbor, my co-worker. And I think we're one piece away — one piece.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/326442002

Supt. Carter believes one person holds the key to solving this crime. Do you know who did it? I certainly don’t. If this comes down to one person it’s probably a lost cause after all this time.

When I heard this at that press conference many months ago my heart sank. My thought was that LE had absolutely no idea who killed these girls and no evidence to point them in any direction. They are literally waiting on someone to come forward and tell them who it is. There is a quarter of a million dollar reward out there and that person hasn’t come forward yet. I doubt they will be calling anytime soon.
Despite LE needing the public’s help so badly, they release no information to help jog someone’s memory. The public doesn’t need to know everything but there are some things that may help identify this guy to somebody. Maybe it’s something as simple as “we think he left in this direction”(oh yea I was driving that way and I saw that dented up blue car driving way to fast down that rural road); or “the girls were killed with a weapon that left marks that look like this”( hmmm my neighbor has woodworking tools that might make marks like that); etc.
It’s frustrating. LE so obviously needs the public’s help...they are begging for it... but refuse to allow us to help.
I think the only way the killer is arrested is for BG to be arrested for some other crime and they are able to connect him to Delphi which is why I think we all get excited for arrests like those of DN and TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE