Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
we want to speculate that some heart break or rejection is the catalyst for the violence and hatred committed against these children or any woman for that matter.

certainly it can be the acting out of the anger they feel that results in the actual murder...

but I just feel this is an excuse, that killers enjoy summoning their rage because it contributes to the sexual adrenalin ..and it is part of their process.

these predators are the ultimate picture of self indulgence,

these are dirty sex crimes...abby and libby were killed by a selfish nasty pig filled with his own satisfaction and pride in what he has done and for being able to elude police for this long.

he thinks he is very clever and is in the clear. he thinks of himself as stealth and capable.

he knows he got away with it.

something about the evidence is bad,

they should swab every man in Delphi .

mOO

Thank you for posting this. I have a great deal of respect for Sheriff Leazenby and his colleagues for the very difficult job they have to do everyday. The reporters like Ms. Lowe have done a great job covering the case. Hopefully the media outlets will cover the case again around the two year anniversary.
I expressed to Ms. Lowe, that Websleuths members haven't forgotten Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Ms. Lowe did mention the killer will inevitably tell someone. I hoping this person has a conscience and turns this monster into LE.

gregjrichards, Your right, hopefully the media outlets will cover this case around the two year anniversary.

Take care

Last edited:
Even if BG lived in the Delphi area, and someone alerted LE to his whereabouts, as possibly there is no DNA, any suspicions towards him, could not be acted on.
He could be further investigated, remain a person of interest, similar to many others, but unless positive evidence links him to the girls' murders, LE's hands are tied.
MOO.

As with any other case law enforcement really have to make sure they have every i dotted and every t crossed to make sure they have a case that is strongly prosecutable.

Sometimes as we know it can take years before someone is arrested and charged, as frustrating as that is its far better than the perp knowing he is on their radar wkhilecinvestigating, it’s also far better than making a hasty arrest and the perp being found not guilty.

It wouldn’t surprise me if LE had someone firmly within their sights and are quietly tying the threads together to make their case stick.

we want to speculate that some heart break or rejection is the catalyst for the violence and hatred committed against these children or any woman for that matter.

certainly it can be the acting out of the anger they feel that results in the actual murder...

But I just feel this is an excuse, that killers enjoy summoning their rage because it contributes to the sexual adrenalin ..and it is part of their process.

these predators are the ultimate picture of self indulgence

these are dirty sex crimes...abby and libby were killed by a selfish nasty pig filled with his own satisfaction and pride in what he has done and for being able to elude police for this long.

he thinks he is very clever and is in the clear. he thinks of himself as stealth and capable.

mOO
BBM
THIS! ^^^^^

I expressed to Ms. Lowe, that Websleuths members haven't forgotten Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Ms. Lowe did mention the killer will inevitably tell someone. I hoping this person has a conscience and turns this monster into LE.

gregjrichards, Your right, hopefully the media outlets will cover this case around the two year anniversary.

Take care
EBM

That may be wishful thinking. BG may be an experienced serial killer who has been getting away with sexual homicides for 20 or 30 years specifically because he hasn't told anyone.

but I just feel this is an excuse, that killers enjoy summoning their rage because it contributes to the sexual adrenalin ..and it is part of their process.

these predators are the ultimate picture of self indulgence,

mOO

I agree with you. I wish law enforcement could swab every man in Delphi but I don’t think they would be able to legally even if the resources were available to do so. Indiana is unfortunately a very difficult state legally in relation to dna sample crime testing. Unfortunately all the men in Delphi could not be legally compelled to provide a dna sample.

Take care

Thank you for doing this. I wish very much that we could do something more to help get the word out about BG the voice, photo and sketch.

I don't believe for a second that they have that good of a lead in any single suspect. That kind of information would be enough for a search warrant and enough to get the suspect into a lineup.
-
They probably have thousands of tips. BG's name may be one out of a thousand names on their list, or his name may never have surfaced.

They probably have lots of search warrants that we don't have a clue about. Other information and leads, as well.

A lineup isn't any good if there's no eyewitness.

Yeah, his name is probably on their list, but with nothing to distinguish him from a dozen other names.

Though the fact there hasn't yet been a "no this isn't our guy" relative to the St. Louis murderer is making me go hmmmm. I would have thought it would be easier than that to rule him out.

They probably have lots of search warrants that we don't have a clue about. Other information and leads, as well.

Yeah, his name is probably on their list, but with nothing to distinguish him from a dozen other names.

Though the fact there hasn't yet been a "no this isn't our guy" relative to the St. Louis murderer is making me go hmmmm. I would have thought it would be easier than that to rule him out.
Yes. That is interesting. However, they might be waiting on further forensics and in other cases too.

RSBM

Hi carbuff,

Which reminds me, they lost interest in DN fairly quickly after the detectives went out to CO, although I haven’t heard about INLE traveling to MO. I figured we’d hear “he’s not our guy” by now, but they may still be digging.

Does anyone know if INLE went to MO?

JMO
RIP M+J

RSBM

Hi carbuff,

Which reminds me, they lost interest in DN fairly quickly after the detectives went out to CO, although I haven’t heard about INLE traveling to MO. I figured we’d hear “he’s not our guy” by now, but they may still be digging.

Does anyone know if INLE went to MO?

JMO
RIP M+J

I haven't seen anything at all mentioned in public. I don't follow TB's thread, though.

P.S. Glad you're still around and involved in our community :D

Line-ups can be helpful in this case. A couple of people saw BG that day, that's how LE were able to develop a composite sketch of him. Millions of people have seen his photo and sketch, have heard the recording of his voice. Very often, the general public isn't able to solve these cases for LE. Many killers are eventually caught through good, solid detective work. When arrested, the public and those known to them are shocked, had no clues, didn't recognize them in sketches, etc.

JMO, any time a case of this magnitude gets to the point where LE needs to ask the public to find the killer and turn him in, it might be time for fresh eyes or a fresh review of the case. If LE has a strong suspect, but needs to dot another "i" or cross another "t", maybe its time to talk to a different prosecutor, get some outside legal advice, etc. Arrest them.

It baffles the mind that, killers like April Tinsley's or Jacob Wetterling's can just go on living in their homes and communities, near where there crimes were committed, unsuspected and undiscovered by local LE. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I just read about Alicia Hummel from Iowa. Her murder seems similar to me of Abby and Libby's murder. Are there other Midwest murders like these?

It’s the first time I have heard of Alicia’s case. My first thought was that she looked like an older Liberty. I wonder if the cause of death is similar. It was a violent attack. I’m very sorry for Alicia’s loved ones and hope she gets justice too.

I just read about Alicia Hummel from Iowa. Her murder seems similar to me of Abby and Libby's murder. Are there other Midwest murders like these?
“Hummel is thought to have been killed sometime between 1 and 3 p.m., June 1, 2015, about three weeks shy of her 30th birthday.” (BBM)

June 1st, 2015 was a Monday, as was February 13, 2017.

I am not convinced that TB = BG, but as we’ve discussed previously, the Catholic Supply Store shooting also took place on a Monday afternoon (“The shooting was reported to police at 3:19 p.m.”).
Gunman on the loose after fatal shooting, sexual assault at Catholic Supply store in St. Louis County

“A state Game, Fish and Parks employee who was cleaning up the area found her body around 3:30 p.m. at the edge of the water by the boat ramp at Myron Grove, also known as the Highline Area, about seven miles west of Vermillion.” (BBM)

“Their [the girls’] bodies were found about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek”(BBM)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.jconline.com/amp/97953648

“Howe wouldn't say whether a sexual assault took place before the killing.”
She died fishing on a summer day. Three years later, police still don't know who killed her.
IIRC, it has never been revealed whether the girls were sexually assulted.

“Those people [family and friends] were ruled out fairly quickly, and the killer is likely still walking the streets.” (BBM)
As is BG (i.e., it appears that the perpetrator is not known to the victim(s), IMO).

“The last pictures Alicia Hummel took of herself were moments before her murder.

Hummel had taken a few Snapchat selfies, posted on a boat dock along the Missouri River just outside of Vermillion.” (BBM)

So had Libby.

All of the information above regarding Alicia’s case comes from the article below:
She died fishing on a summer day. Three years later, police still don't know who killed her.

JMO, any time a case of this magnitude gets to the point where LE needs to ask the public to find the killer and turn him in, it might be time for fresh eyes or a fresh review of the case. If LE has a strong suspect, but needs to dot another "i" or cross another "t", maybe its time to talk to a different prosecutor, get some outside legal advice, etc. Arrest them.

Dotting i’s and crossing t’s is part and parcel of securing an arrest and a conviction, it’s good police work, it’s like sewing you start and slowly bring the whole thing together so it’s neatly stitched together, miss something and the whole thing falls apart. Arresting someone without a strong case is pointless, law enforcement have to make sure before they charge anyone that there’s no wriggle room for the perp to get off.

A good case to look at for how long it can take to get to an arrest is Dylan Redwines case, it was blatantly obvious to many who was responsible, yet it took almost 5 years for an arrest and hasn’t gone to trial yet. It would have been a circumstantial case to begin with it but became a strong case over time due to actions and evidence.

As awful as it is patience is needed, especially if we consider how many tips and leads they have to fully investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member