Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That HAD to be intentional...right? Like a snub to BG's ego, trying to ignite him or something? Because I just don't get asking for tips yet not showing his pic or playing his voice...SMH...
Very bizarre. The reason to do a press conference is to reach those that hadn’t heard of case. But ya don’t put out suspect picture. Strange.

I was disappointed when a reporter must have asked about the reward and if it is still available. The response was they "think" it is still available.

Well darn it why wasnt that a main point before a reporter even asked about it and why wasnt that hammered home during the main part of the conference to help bring in new tips and maybe someone turning in the perp for the money.

If anyone missed it and wants to watch it, and you dont mind a little commentary from GH then he has it here beginning at 30:52 in this link below

I think the new prosecutor just wanted to show his face and say they are still working on it.

Yes BUF, you are correct. He wanted people to know there are people working on the case, BUT He wanted people to know he was now the lead person.

I was not impressed. I understand the need for secrecy and caution. I did not like this presser at all.

Nothing new was reported yet they have IMO, info they could give out that would not compromise the case yet be helpful for the info to jog someone’s mind and give the info LE needs to arrest.

And it was interesting that Abby and Libby’s family did not have a representation on the ‘stage’. Yes, it’s a sad anniversary day for them but it is also important that they are invited (we don’t know if they were or not), families are there to show they back up LE....but something was off.

I hope this new guy can fulfill the remark that ‘he will be the one prosecuting in the court room’.

Prayers for Abby and Libby, their families and friends.

I respect all the hard work and the commitment of LE to bring justice to the girls and their families... but I can’t forget or forgive they suspended search that first day. yes, I’ve read they all thought Abby and Libby would be alright, and I’m not anti LE by any means, yet I’m sorry, I can’t even
Rest In Peace, girls. Hope Justice will be served soon.

Last edited:
That was a disappointing presser. At least it will remind the public that the case isn't solved. The general public has a short attention span.

Kudos for the family, and her sister doing the interview, to get this out to National media for the second anniversary. I believe the media and her family are very happy they are having an opportunity to get this back in front of everyone for publicity on the case. For many cases, an annual event is an event to merely keep the case in front of the national media, and I think they were successful. My heart broke for her sister being interviewed.

ETA.. going back and reading comments, did others not see her sisters interview?

What a nothing of a press conference.
My take:
Press Conference...we are LE and we work so hard and we see bad things sometimes and gosh, we are LE.
Me...stop patting yourselves on the back for doing your job, a job you chose. Everybody knows it’s hard, you see things you can’t unsee I’m sure. So do doctors and nurses and etc.
PC...we must protect the integrity of the investigation
Me...made sense early on, two years later, not so much. You don’t have to tell us everything, but something might jog somebody’s memory. Your strategy isn’t working, might need a change.
PC... what is a good tip
Me...about 20%. Worthless info.
PC...looking for that piece that will finish the puzzle
Me...looking for someone to tell us who did this
PC...we are coming for you
Me...Zzzzzzz
BG....HaHaHaHa

Very discouraged. I completely respect LE but in my opinion these guys are clueless. They messed it up from the start thinking it would be solved quickly(Video, audio,) and can’t go back to do it right.

I was disappointed when a reporter must have asked about the reward and if it is still available. The response was they "think" it is still available.

Well darn it why wasnt that a main point before a reporter even asked about it and why wasnt that hammered home during the main part of the conference to help bring in new tips and maybe someone turning in the perp for the money.

If anyone missed it and wants to watch it, and you dont mind a little commentary from GH then he has it here beginning at 30:52 in this link below

The reward question part of the press conference was unbelievable. They should have made sure the reward was definitely available, stated that it was and what the amount was. I don’t understand not knowing that information. Unfortunately not everyone is going to do the right thing and phone the tip they desperately need without an incentive to so. I know the effectiveness of rewards is debatable but the case needs one just in case it might help.

Here’s a hopeful angle. They had to do presser because it’s the anniversary. Maybe they have POI and don’t want to alert him. I’m grasping at straws here. They should have just opened with. WE GOT NADA! Oh but we won’t show you picture of suspect because you might put side by side of someone and post on social media. And we won’t answer any questions either.
I hope they have more.

Also, the mention of the Flora fire where the four little girls died made me wonder if they are looking for some connection.

The mention of the Flora fire and how they have not forgot that case was the 2nd most upsetting thing to me because neither of these cases are solved yet. Solve at least one of them please !!!

I also got the impression that the new DA, LE, FBI and others on stage were at odds with each other. They don’t like how the other was handling the case. It was how few spoke, their looks, body language....if they don’t unite they will never solve this case.

They also don’t need to bring in other cases not solved for 20 years, it’s is not about that case it’s about the murder of Abby and Libby and finding the murderer.

Yes, I agree with IceIce9....the family needs to bring in their own private investigator. DA will not like it but the family will find the truth and nothing will be hidden and IMO the murder will be exposed.

What a nothing of a press conference.
My take:
Press Conference...we are LE and we work so hard and we see bad things sometimes and gosh, we are LE.
Me...stop patting yourselves on the back for doing your job, a job you chose. Everybody knows it’s hard, you see things you can’t unsee I’m sure. So do doctors and nurses and etc.
PC...we must protect the integrity of the investigation
Me...made sense early on, two years later, not so much. You don’t have to tell us everything, but something might jog somebody’s memory. Your strategy isn’t working, might need a change.
PC... what is a good tip
Me...about 20%. Worthless info.
PC...looking for that piece that will finish the puzzle
Me...looking for someone to tell us who did this
PC...we are coming for you
Me...Zzzzzzz
BG....HaHaHaHa

Very discouraged. I completely respect LE but in my opinion these guys are clueless. They messed it up from the start thinking it would be solved quickly(Video, audio,) and can’t go back to do it right.

I couldn't agree with you more. My reactions were so similar to yours.

I feel that what little LE has revealed has been conflicting. There has been so much emphasis on the photos, the sketch and the audio clip, but to not even make reference to any of these things at today's presser? Why? You know they've been preparing for this press conference for weeks because there have been articles saying this press conference was coming for over a month. And then to have them say even LESS than they've said before was so weird.

They reiterated that someone knows who this person is, but they don't even show what little they have? I would think the main purpose of this presser is to keep this case alive and hopefully, inform those who don't even know about it. In Tricia's interview with Libby's grandma, the grandma said she and her husband went to a lot of fall festivals in 2018 to hand out flyers about the case. They were in various locations in Indiana and were shocked how many people had never heard of the case. If that's the situation, why didn't LE take this opportunity to show the public what they do have; treat the press conference like a brand new news story in which they reveal all they have.

Two things I'm pondering: I still go back to the beginning of this case when LE said the general public did not need to be alarmed. Did LE have reason to believe one or both of these girls was targeted?

Second thought, and I hope this is wrong, is a question about the ego of the newly-elected Carroll County prosecutor, Nicholas McLeland. He was in charge of this presser. Did he make the calls as to what would be said and shown? He thought a list of what makes a good tip was more important than Libby's photos, the police sketch and the audio? People like Sheriff Tobe Leazenby gave much more informative pressers in the past. It felt like McLeland mostly kept the camera on himself.

I sensed some desperation too. One LE officer made a comment that, as technology evolves, they hope to one day show the public how this case was solved. Are they waiting for technology to evolve further to make any headway on this case other than getting the magic tip?

When Becky said that there were people in surrounding counties that hadn’t heard of the crime it reminded me of something.

I had been traveling north on 1-65 a few weeks after the murders and I stopped at the. Wolcott rest stop. The rest stop is only 20 miles north of the 1-65 exit to Delphi, yet there were no posters or signs about the murders or BG.

I thought the rest stop would have been an important place to have the poster with BG’s image, as someone traveling through the area might have recognized him.

When Becky said that there were people in surrounding counties that hadn’t heard of the crime it reminded me of something.

I had been traveling north on 1-65 a few weeks after the murders and I stopped at the. Wolcott rest stop. The rest stop is only 20 miles north of the 1-65 exit to Delphi, yet there were no posters or signs about the murders or BG.

I thought the rest stop would have been an important place to have the poster with BG’s image, as someone traveling through the area might have recognized him.
I could ask 30 family members if they have heard of these murders. Maybe 3 would say yes. But we live in Texas. But I’m sure there are so many people that haven’t heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers