Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DNA came back telling me my eyes were green. They are not even close to green. Just saying.
Yes, but your results probably game from a database, and not a company that specializes in analyzing a specific sample.

So a testing service might get it wrong, but specialized testing is far more accurate.

Ugh! I can’t believe this case remains unsolved! I want it to be solved so badly but I’m afraid that too much is being made of this suspect. For some reason I’m skeptical mainly because it would seem a de-escalation to kill 2 years ago then go back to less serious stuff. But either way, SO glad he got caught, he’s a bad bad disgusting creepy pervert!

Hi kittybunny!

JMO about de-escalation.

For example only, TB in StL only shot the woman who refused him.

Maybe BG is into assaults on youngsters, but will resort to murder if someone resists or things otherwise don’t go his way.

(IIRC, didn’t Bundy let someone go not too long before he was apprehended? I might be remembering that wrong, it’s late and it’s been a while since I’ve read about him.)

JMO
RIP M+J

I know this is a stretch but what if...

What if he was talking to one of the girls (Libby or Abby) online, just as he was prior to his arrest.
What if he set up a meeting along the trail to meet one of them. After all it's only a few hour drive from where he was arrested/lived.
And what if the girl he was meeting brought her friend along. (as most kids that age do)
They noticed he stood out for some reason. Maybe it was he looked creepy, like some of his SM pics.
They may have hung around waiting for 'the boy they meant to meet with' but this guy was lurking longer than he should have.
Maybe they realized that things were not right and that's when they started recording, just in case.

Several have said it must have been a local because he knew the trail and about going "down the hill". But what if it was as mentioned above and he arrived early with anticipation and walked the trail looking for "the spot" to get his perve on?

Just a far reaching what if.

If BG was talking to one of the girl's online and set up a meeting one of them. LE would've found out quickly by searching the girl's social media accounts . The suspect would be brought in by LE and asked to give a DNA sample.
I understand the FBI doesn't need a warrant to hack into a suspect's computer.

It's not far reaching the idea he's a local guy who knows the trails, arrives early to scout out a place that is hidden and far enough away that any sounds aren't easily heard by hikers nearby.

Last edited:
CE has two FB accounts. The other one currently has 144 "friends".

I don't believe he's the Delphi killer. He's not very mobile, and a guy here in Fort Wayne who knows CE has posted a lot of pertinent info about him on SM. CE has lived in a bunch of different places, in fact he was living in Oklahoma within recent years, not just OH and IN. There may have been a MO address in there, somewhere.

JMO

Alright... This is all my opinion. IveI been with this case since the beginning. Not that it matters I suppose.

Ok... I think CE is a waste of time. Sure, he's a creep, but not the right creep. Somehow, the whole CE thing caught fire and hasn't stopped. PD probably loves it cause it gives them a bit of breathing room with who they're really focused on. Oh yeah, one last note regarding CE, didn't he post about the Delphi case on FB to include a pic of the bridge guy? I mean... You have to an enormous idiot to make a move like that. And not that he's not, but, if it was him, he would immediately see himself in the BG pic. How could you not? No way BG is posting a picture of himself. That's crazy talk.

OK - Back to who PD (I think) is focusing on... That would be TB. And I'm on board with that. Let me tell you why:

1. This is the same idiot that went into the Catholic Supply store, took the folks in the backroom, demanded sexual acts. One said no, he shot her dead. Not sure what happened with the other two. They weren't killed though. This is not a normal crime. This type of sexually related crime is not normal.

2. The damn moron was wearing a blue jacket and a paper boy hat. Like he had bought the BG uniform at the store. People don't randomly wakeup and try new hats like that. Not at that age. That's how he dressed. Yes, LE said forget the hat, but they still drew it and it's the same hat. That has to make you stop and think.

3. The guy has had some bad luck. Was unemployed (I think) at the time of the Delphi incident. Had recently filed bankruptcy and lost his house. Those are some traumatic things in my mind. Possibly enough to send you over the edge.

4. There is a video of him going nuts on a traffic stop with PD. He gets very angry and very quickly. And in my opinion, when he's not yelling, there is some similarities to the BG recorded voice. He has an obvious problem with authority.

5. He doesn't have blue eyes. And I think the sketch is a good fit. Want a side by side?? Lol. Just kidding.

6. We pretty much all agree that they have DNA, right? Well, since TB has never committed a crime, there would be nothing in the system. That's the big missing link here. Somehow after all this time, he's never gotten in trouble.

7. Lazerby (sp) has been quoted as saying they turned over new evidence to the FBI in Dec. TB was arrested in Nov. I'd bet they asked the FBI for help with comparing the DNA. Nobody better to do that than the lab at Quantico. There's nothing new to turnover. Especially after two years.

8. Didn't the police that investigated the Catholic store shooting reach out to Delphi initially because they saw some type of connection between the two crimes? That's odd in itself.

<modsnip - non - MSM source, sleuthing family>

That's it folks. I'm sold. There's nobody better at this point.

And he's why they haven't been able to close the case. He doesn't know them, doesn't live in the area, has no criminal background, nothing would associate him with this case. What's going to get him in the end, he's a sexual deviant that can't stop his hate of women and his overwhelming desire to sexually assault them. That's it folks. He messed up and committed that new crime, exposing himself. Which is great for us.

I think it's going to be a bit before we hear anything. Let's not forget, the other PD is focused on their case, not Delphi. That said, they (Delphi) may have not had access to him yet and even so, it's likely the attorney defending him wouldn't allow it.

I'd guess that while they'd love to get an admission, they won't get it. They'll need to build this case on the evidence only. Which will include the DNA link. It was also reported that his wife at one point, after the shooting, called PD back to turn in some additional evidence she had found. That said, she'd tell PD exactly where he was on Feb 13th.

They're going to work hard putting this together, likely before we hear about it. They don't want to lose this case. They've worked too hard thus far to protect it.

I'd suspect the DNA request has been completed and PD knows if it's him. They also have the witnesses, I'd presume they would be able to confirm right away.

It would be great to hear something tomorrow but, I'm holding out hope for something around the anniversary.

Anyhow folks, that's my take and entirely my opinion. He's cooked.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright... This is all my opinion. IveI been with this case since the beginning. Not that it matters I suppose.

Ok... I think CE is a waste of time. Sure, he's a creep, but not the right creep. Somehow, the whole CE thing caught fire and hasn't stopped. PD probably loves it cause it gives them a bit of breathing room with who they're really focused on. Oh yeah, one last note regarding CE, didn't he post about the Delphi case on FB to include a pic of the bridge guy? I mean... You have to an enormous idiot to make a move like that. And not that he's not, but, if it was him, he would immediately see himself in the BG pic. How could you not? No way BG is posting a picture of himself. That's crazy talk.

OK - Back to who PD (I think) is focusing on... That would be TB. And I'm on board with that. Let me tell you why:

1. This is the same idiot that went into the Catholic Supply store, took the folks in the backroom, demanded sexual acts. One said no, he shot her dead. Not sure what happened with the other two. They weren't killed though. This is not a normal crime. This type of sexually related crime is not normal.

2. The damn moron was wearing a blue jacket and a paper boy hat. Like he had bought the BG uniform at the store. People don't randomly wakeup and try new hats like that. Not at that age. That's how he dressed. Yes, LE said forget the hat, but they still drew it and it's the same hat. That has to make you stop and think.

3. The guy has had some bad luck. Was unemployed (I think) at the time of the Delphi incident. Had recently filed bankruptcy and lost his house. Those are some traumatic things in my mind. Possibly enough to send you over the edge.

4. There is a video of him going nuts on a traffic stop with PD. He gets very angry and very quickly. And in my opinion, when he's not yelling, there is some similarities to the BG recorded voice. He has an obvious problem with authority.

5. He doesn't have blue eyes. And I think the sketch is a good fit. Want a side by side?? Lol. Just kidding.

6. We pretty much all agree that they have DNA, right? Well, since TB has never committed a crime, there would be nothing in the system. That's the big missing link here. Somehow after all this time, he's never gotten in trouble.

7. Lazerby (sp) has been quoted as saying they turned over new evidence to the FBI in Dec. TB was arrested in Nov. I'd bet they asked the FBI for help with comparing the DNA. Nobody better to do that than the lab at Quantico. There's nothing new to turnover. Especially after two years.

8. Didn't the police that investigated the Catholic store shooting reach out to Delphi initially because they saw some type of connection between the two crimes? That's odd in itself.

And he's why they haven't been able to close the case. He doesn't know them, doesn't live in the area, has no criminal background, nothing would associate him with this case. What's going to get him in the end, he's a sexual deviant that can't stop his hate of women and his overwhelming desire to sexually assault them. That's it folks. He messed up and committed that new crime, exposing himself. Which is great for us.

I think it's going to be a bit before we hear anything. Let's not forget, the other PD is focused on their case, not Delphi. That said, they (Delphi) may have not had access to him yet and even so, it's likely the attorney defending him wouldn't allow it.

I'd guess that while they'd love to get an admission, they won't get it. They'll need to build this case on the evidence only. Which will include the DNA link. It was also reported that his wife at one point, after the shooting, called PD back to turn in some additional evidence she had found. That said, she'd tell PD exactly where he was on Feb 13th.

They're going to work hard putting this together, likely before we hear about it. They don't want to lose this case. They've worked too hard thus far to protect it.

I'd suspect the DNA request has been completed and PD knows if it's him. They also have the witnesses, I'd presume they would be able to confirm right away.

It would be great to hear something tomorrow but, I'm holding out hope for something around the anniversary.

Cheers!
The person who did this, is almost certainly no one that we’ve heard about before.

A guy who murders two teenage girls, is spectacularly unlikely to have committed the crime that that took place in that store.

It’s the wrong victimology, and the wrong MO. These crimes are nothing alike.

I’m only slightly more interested in this new guy, although I don’t believe he’s connected either.

If the Delphi killer left DNA, and this guy was a match, the family would know by now. Law enforcement would not put them through that.

Not long after they found out, we would know as well. This couldn’t remain a secret for very long.

It ain’t that guy.

Cheers!

Re: Point 7 Detective Lazenby has now followed up and explained there is no new evidence. They sent evidence they already had for more DNA testing just before Christmas.

DNA does not take months to match these days, when you have two samples to compare to each other. Once they have a suspect I think they can rule them in or out very quickly. Jmo (if LE has DNA of BG)

JMO
I hope LE has DNA in this case and I have been a little worried about them having it.

The DNA discussions have been worrisome because it has never been clear whether LE has a good sample in this case. Not that they would tell the public either so it kind of makes sense we would not really know until there is an arrest.

Remember the discussion about LE may have been looking around for cigarette butts or things the BG would have dropped. That was when I started to worry about whether LE had a good sample or not in this case.

Lets hope they do.

The article also says "Capt. Dave Bursten with Indiana State Police also said Monday there was no evidence suggesting or disproving if Eldridge was connected to the Delphi case."

A good alibi could disprove his involvement. So IMO, they don't really know yet.

I totally agree and knowing they would not go public with any alibi information I would assume an alibi is what would have been leverage first in clearing than waiting for an DNA lab work ups.

Been following along with not much to add. Some good discussions.

JMO
The one thing I have always wondered about since the very beginning was the early discussions about geocaching and that possibly they may have went to the bridge that day to search for geocaches. The bridge has one that is a known geocache site. Some very early discussion that certain groups that do that sort of thing post online about it and others would have been able to see if they were coming there that day. Just a theory that maybe the BG saw that some people were coming there that day and he may have been lying in wait for them. I always wondered if the BG was underneath the bridge and popped up in the middle from the trestles. They would not have had a chance to retreat if he climbed up those trestles in the middle.

Googling "Geocaching found Delphi Trails" the 1st link down shows the bridge and trestle area.

If even this was somehow involved it doesnt help solve the case unless LE can identify someone who was online and posting about that days geosearch and it turns out to be BG.

If he was just viewing online then it doesnt help.

NBC Chicago showing doubt on CE just 20 hours ago. Police Update on Delphi Case After Tips Involving Mugshot
IDK, you could also look at it another way. Should we read between the lines? Key words...currently...suggesting or disproving

Randolph County police said “outside of the person resembling the sketch, there is currently zero evidence that ties him to this case and he is not a suspect in the case.”

Capt. Dave Bursten with Indiana State Police also said Monday there was no evidence suggesting or disproving if Eldridge was connected to the Delphi case.

IDK, you could also look at it another way. Should we read between the lines? Key words...currently...suggesting or disproving

Randolph County police said “outside of the person resembling the sketch, there is currently zero evidence that ties him to this case and he is not a suspect in the case.”

Capt. Dave Bursten with Indiana State Police also said Monday there was no evidence suggesting or disproving if Eldridge was connected to the Delphi case.

Maybe what he’s saying is the false impression that LE already has the culprit in their sights could prevent somebody else from coming forward with an incriminating lead about an entirely different person.

“Although we understand that people are trying to help the investigation, by doing this with zero evidence other than a mere appearance, it can also hurt or hinder an investigation,” the department said in a statement...”
Police Update on Delphi Case After Tips Involving Mugshot

I know this is a stretch but what if...

What if he was talking to one of the girls (Libby or Abby) online, just as he was prior to his arrest.
What if he set up a meeting along the trail to meet one of them. After all it's only a few hour drive from where he was arrested/lived.
And what if the girl he was meeting brought her friend along. (as most kids that age do)
They noticed he stood out for some reason. Maybe it was he looked creepy, like some of his SM pics.
They may have hung around waiting for 'the boy they meant to meet with' but this guy was lurking longer than he should have.
Maybe they realized that things were not right and that's when they started

Just posting the article but if I see the statement that there is no evidence, one can only presume LE has looked into it. It takes minutes to confirm an alibi. LE has never ruled out anyone as far as I know. They like to use that cover all "he is no longer a person of interest at this time".

I'm mother to 3 daughters. All adults now 34-42. When they were young a parent came to our house to tell us one of my kids stole their daughters bicycle. When I asked my daughter about this, seeing I saw no stolen bicycle they all told me this girl was nuts, they did not steal her bike. All kept to the same story. I questioned them but believed them as they never got along as sisters and always argued amongst themselves. 25 years later when together the subject came up. My adult daughters laughly said they had thrown the bike into the woods by this girl's house because she made them angry by doing something to one of them. No, they didn't "steal" the bike. But they tossed it. Had knowledge of the bike. Caused the bike to go missing. So I realized they bickered, but when an outsider pushed one, they teamed together. So, knowing girls, my opinion is that I don't think Abby and Libby were online with anyone. But someone was. Whatever happened in my opionion did not go as planned for BG and Abby and Libby were just a crime of opportunity. At that age I don't think too many young girls would have the nerve to inform anyone if they had been in contact with a stranger online but if they did inform anyone I'm sure that they would be protected as so no harm would come to them. Just my analogy if this makes sense.

My only thing with one of the girls arranging to meet him (thinking he was a younger boy) online is that LE has probably scoured all of their electronics, social media pages, etc. They would have had to find something like this. It is possible they did and that is info they are withholding from us, but would BG have been able to evade them if this was the case? Obviously he could have used a different IP address or whatever. I'm honestly asking because I don't know the ins and outs of tech. If they did find one of the girls talking to someone online about meeting at the bridge and got the top tech people in the country to work on it, is it possible they still couldn't find him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties