Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MizStery,
Until you pointed it out, I never would have seen that the hat of the bridge guy actually looks as much like a bucket hat as a newsboy's cap. The sketch artist depicted the hat as a newsboy's cap. With the photo of the bridge guy being grainy, it is hard to be sure what his hat looks like. It could be a bucket hat, a newsboy's cap or one of those hats that has ear flaps. However, I just searched for how the sketch was created and it was done with input from people who saw the suspect that day. A newsboy's cap is pretty distinctive, I think, as I don't see many people wearing them. If a newsboy's cap is what witnesses to the bridge guy saw, that's probably what he was wearing.
Remembering LE said to disregard the hat in the sketch and concentrate on the facial features.

Remembering LE said to disregard the hat in the sketch and concentrate on the facial features.

Yeah but that hat may be very important too if he still has it, and I've seen a few photos where it appears that he does (if that is him) moo

Actually, during the Megyn Kelly interview, Doug Carter said to “disregard the face and look at the body, because anybody could identify a family member by looking at the body." And then he added: "There were no eyewitnesses who saw him [other than the girls]".

(Both of these statements seem rather odd.)

Last edited:
I've always felt that the girls were going to meet a "boy" (that they could have met online) on their day off of school. Maybe that is why her hinkey meter immediately went off when she thought she was being followed and it wasn't a boy--but a creepy man, so she began recording. I hope that it's one of them that is already in custody and that they are just waiting for DNA testing to come back. moo

The families have fielded the question about a prearranged meeting before. During the Dr. Phil interview, Becky said the girls’ desire to go to the bridge was spontaneous early that Monday morning. Anna pointed to the photo of Abby alone on the bridge and remarked how her hair was a mess and she was wearing ratty, borrowed clothes that she would never wear if she were meeting someone.

Last edited:
Actually, during the Megyn Kelly interview, Doug Carter said to “disregard the face and look at the body, because anybody could identify a family member by looking at the body." And then he added: "There were no eyewitnesses who saw him [other than the girls]".

Then who was it who said his eyes were “not blue”? Was that deduced via DNA?

That little factoid about disregard the hat makes me think that LE ordered a drawing that could be a composite of a couple possible suspects. Really odd to have mixed messages on the hat. Could it be that it was primarily based on the trail witness’s description of the man — and they added that detail that could support a hunch?

Still, I believe the suspect to be either CE or TB, and in either case these men should “not” yet have been on radar of LE. Unless someone called in tips purely based on questionable behaviors.

I've always felt that the girls were going to meet a "boy" (that they could have met online) on their day off of school. Maybe that is why her hinkey meter immediately went off when she thought she was being followed and it wasn't a boy--but a creepy man, so she began recording. I hope that it's one of them that is already in custody and that they are just waiting for DNA testing to come back. moo

LE has gone through the girls computers and socially media accounts, lets say rather thoroughly. But. What if someone else at the bridge that day had thought they were meeting a teenage boy and it turned out to be an adult male. We know that at least one of the girls' classmates was there at that time, and it was a popular spot for their peers. A girl makes a plan with a "teenage" boy, doesn't see him, and leaves, or maybe never shows up at all. BG is there to meet up with a young teen, and is enraged at being stood up. Its at least as plausible as there being a puppy in his coat.

LE has gone through the girls computers and socially media accounts, lets say rather thoroughly. But. What if someone else at the bridge that day had thought they were meeting a teenage boy and it turned out to be an adult male. We know that at least one of the girls' classmates was there at that time, and it was a popular spot for their peers. A girl makes a plan with a "teenage" boy, doesn't see him, and leaves, or maybe never shows up at all. BG is there to meet up with a young teen, and is enraged at being stood up. Its at least as plausible as there being a puppy in his coat.
I like this theory because in a sense it rules out coincidence, in other words BG just being there at the right place and the right time. It has always seemed too far-fetched to me, such a long shot, that all things came together on the day in such a short time. So Is it possible that a local girl from the school approached LE, further down the line of the investigation, and admitted that she had been arranging to hook up with an online 'date' on that particular day, in that same area, but for some reason didn't show up. So he arrives and is waiting and only sees Libby and Abby. Maybe he did think one of them was his 'date' and he was angry that she brought someone....
And so perhaps it was this other girl's computer/device that was researched and from that point on, LE lured that 'date' in, over many months, and Hey Presto, we have the arrest of a sexual deviant. It may not be CE but there might be something like this going on in the background that we, the public won't hear of until all loose ends are tied up..
I listen to a FBI case review podcast with Jerri Wiiliams and these retired agents discuss solved cases, and it's amazing how long it can often take to lure criminals in, through undercover work or using cooperating witnesses. These things take a lot of time.

Just to emphasize, I'm saying this all as a THEORY and just to back up what the above quote suggests, so JMO!
Remember in one of the first LE press statements, there was a statement like "Parents, know what your kids are up to' or words to that effect.

Still, I believe the suspect to be either CE or TB, and in either case these men should “not” yet have been on radar of LE. Unless someone called in tips purely based on questionable behaviors.

I agree that I think it is either TB or CE. I really felt strongly about TB, but the absolute vileness of the CE facebook postings makes me wonder if that is closer to home.
I don't think my heart can bear the thought of someone else yet unidentified out there with so much evil.

This is the case that brought me to websleuths, as it is relatively close to home. There was a person I thought might have been a valid suspect, although I firmly believed law enforcement has since ruled him out. I grew up in a different part of Indiana, and I have so many happy, childhood memories playing on different "abandoned railroad tracks" (no bridge). I remember using that phrase all the time to get permission to play, sometimes alone other times with friends. It was such innocent, childhood fun. Now, as a mom, it just disturbs me so much to recognize how much pure evil lurks around us all the time. I really didn't think it was possible to have so many just plain evil people living. I'm not talking about mentally ill, hurt or damaged people, but just true, pure awful lost souls. It is so hard to find the balance raising children with the knowledge of what lurks around us. I pray for a resolution to this case soon, and I do feel like it will come very soon.

(Both of these statements seem rather odd.)

What was the date of this interview? Because the sketch is supposedly derived from a witness? Confused as these statements don’t match?

Although rare IMO, DNA shouldn't exclude someone if there isn't a match, since two perpetrators could be involved...we don't have enough info, maybe LE does.

Imo there is nothing to indicate the possibility of more than one perp.

There is a video posted on FB by a woman who interviewed Tobe L. It was posted two hours ago. She asks him several questions that the public has been curious about.

I’m not sure if it can be posted here. Is there a MOD around?

Her video is public and is 10 minutes and 9 seconds long.

Slightly o/t but wanted to note in all the search photos for Casey Hathaway over the past days I noticed almost all the males were dressed uncannily similarly to BG, further indicating he is an outdoorsman and was prepped to be outside, imo.

Note to link photos from Casey’s thread, I really found them eerily interesting and thought of BG immediately when I saw everyone’s attire as they got ready to go “search”.

Last edited:
Instead of linking it here if you search Tobe Leazenby it will come up under public posts. It’s on her page and she also shared it with a YouTuber. I have no idea who the woman is but she’s not a reporter.

Instead of linking it here if you search Tobe Leazenby it will come up under public posts. It’s on her page and she also shared it with a YouTuber. I have no idea who the woman is but she’s not a reporter.

I haven’t seen the video but interesting TL is doing a video with a non reporter answering questions about the case? Maybe he really did talk to Radar Online.

Going to watch video now. Thanks for the heads up.

There is a video posted on FB by a woman who interviewed Tobe L. It was posted two hours ago. She asks him several questions that the public has been curious about.

I’m not sure if it can be posted here. Is there a MOD around?

Her video is public and is 10 minutes and 9 seconds long.

I just watched it (thanks for the heads up). You should flag your post and/or send the link to @Tricia for review. The Sheriff does address and try to clarify some things that have left us all puzzled.

What was the date of this interview? Because the sketch is supposedly derived from a witness? Confused as these statements don’t match?
It was published 1/18/2018, a year ago. The comment about no other eyewitnesses is at the 11:10 mark. (If he meant no eyewitnesses to the actual crime, his comment makes sense. If he meant no eyewitnesses seeing BG, it doesn't make sense.) Because yes, we were told when the sketch was released (July 2017) it came from witnesses (they slipped & said "she" in one video interview) who had been fearful & reluctant to come forward, thus the delay. Then we heard don't look at the hat, look at the face, then this video saying don't look at the face, look at the body. Very confusing to the public, IMO.
Families of murdered Indiana teens open up about still-unsolved case

Sketch released: "The sketch was put together based on information investigators have collected so far from numerous witnesses they've spoken with." State police release sketch in Delphi murder investigation

I just watched it (thanks for the heads up). You should flag your post and/or send the link to @Tricia for review. The Sheriff does address and try to clarify some things that have left us all puzzled.

I just watched it and think it should prob be allowed since it is an interview with Tobe Leazenby (the Facebook interview with him- I am replying in the midst of talk about the Megan Kelly TV show interview, so wanted to be sure there is no confusion about which interview).

The FB interview does offer some information on why law enforcement made some of the decisions they did, but will wait to respond further until the Facebook video with Leazenby is ok’ed to discuss here. Kind of surprised no MSM has picked it up.

I just watched it and think it should prob be allowed since it is an interview with Tobe Leazenby (the Facebook interview with him- I am replying in the midst of talk about the Megan Kelly TV show interview, so wanted to be sure there is no confusion about which interview).

The FB interview does offer some information on why law enforcement made some of the decisions they did, but will wait to respond further until the Facebook video with Leazenby is ok’ed to discuss here. Kind of surprised no MSM has picked it up.

If it’s ok’d by a MOD then someone will have to link it cause I can’t figure out how to do that from my phone. lol. I will go back and flag my post.

ETA: Can someone flag it for me? I don’t see the flag.
My phone must not like me. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members