Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hasn't killed, I think it's only because he figures they have DNA evidence. If he kills again and leaves DNA, he can be connected to the girls in Delphi. That next time could be his undoing.

Hi rosesfromangels.

I think it’s entirely possible he pulled an Israel Keyes, traveling a fair distance. Of course we’ve talked about this before.

As to your second paragraph, IMO absolutely no way in hell this guy has had too much of a conscience and has offed himself. He is the absolute polar opposite of this, moo, having the brazenness (for lack of a better term) to begin with to do what he did.

This does bring up a good question, have any SKs (let’s assume SK for a moment, for discussion’s sake) offed themselves? And if so out of guilt? See to me, “conscience” and “BG” just don’t go together in the same sentence.

—-

Hi KK,

Jumping off this, I don’t think he can control himself.

He must have done soooomething in the past two years (or he will again).

How common would a 2 year cool off period be?

They say some go long periods...

Does anyone have an example of a SK (again for discussion purposes; I think we can assume this might not be his first rodeo) who went several years in cool off?

I don’t think he really knows the voice. I will be surprised if BG was on law enforcements radar when he is caught but who knows for sure.

The reason I’m a bit doubtful ....it doesn’t say much for the capabilities of a Sheriff to announce he personally “knows that voice” but yet is unable to make the connection. Furthermore, if it’s correct that Leazenby is certain he’s spoken to the killer then LE may as well outrightly announce they’ve narrowed the possible suspect list to only those who’s ever spoken to the Carroll County sheriff and limit their energy by asking for tips with only past or present local connections.

That counters “everyone is a suspect” which has been stated many times in this case.

he personally “knows that voice” but yet is unable to make the connection.

It reminds me of the Elizabeth Smart case, where her sister recognised the voice of the abductor, but could not place whom it belonged to for several months. Hopefully Sheriff Lazenby will have one of those Eureka! moments

I haven’t watched the segment of HLN where Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says he “knows that voice”. But that same phrase was used before to demonstrate a thought process in the makings of a potentially valuable tip that should be forwarded.

So my question - is it certain Leazenby said he “knew that voice” or did he repeat a similar plea as made earlier by ex-prosecutor Ives?

Mar/17
“If you see that picture and you hear that voice, and you’re going to call in a tip, explain why,” urged Ives. “’I’ve seen him wear those clothes, I know the way he walks, I know that combination of clothing, I know that voice, I know something about him.’....”
Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe

I initially also thought he must be just sort of demonstrating how they hoped people would think about the audio clip, since you first heard him say it as they went to a commercial. But in the actual segment he is responding to a question asking how he reacted when he first heard the audio. I think they expected him to say something like “it gave me chills” etc but instead he says “ I know that voice” and continues talking about it and adds that other officers thought the same thing. It doesn’t seemed to be edited in some weird way to make it sound like that. Just very strange thing to say. Is he hinting that BG might be in LE? Is he hinting BG sounds like some law breaker they’ve run into before but they can’t quite identify him? Very odd thing to say.

I think it’s possible they have a suspect that has provided a “supposedly” airtight alibi. Therefore they don’t have probable cause to collect the dna sample they need for an arrest. jmoo

Probable cause is based on strong evidence the accused has committed a crime.

A supposedly airtight alibi might be presented as a defense argument during the trial but conversely, neither does having no alibi support probable cause.

I initially also thought he must be just sort of demonstrating how they hoped people would think about the audio clip, since you first heard him say it as they went to a commercial. But in the actual segment he is responding to a question asking how he reacted when he first heard the audio. I think they expected him to say something like “it gave me chills” etc but instead he says “ I know that voice” and continues talking about it and adds that other officers thought the same thing. It doesn’t seemed to be edited in some weird way to make it sound like that. Just very strange thing to say. Is he hinting that BG might be in LE? Is he hinting BG sounds like some law breaker they’ve run into before but they can’t quite identify him? Very odd thing to say.

Interesting, thanks very much for your thoughts. Very bizarre.

Continuing to follow... things that strike me now...

The reenactments I've seen have the girls going off the south end of the bridge.

Given LE and others saying they are wrong... my first thought that crossing a stream would have been very risky for BG... that maybe it was like my initial thought: he comes across the bridge to the girls as seen in the video, he then continues on into the woods.. it freaks the girls out, who slowly walk back to the north across the bridge. He re-emerges from the south end woods and makes his way hastily towards them. She turns the video on again and puts it in her pocket. He catches them at the north end of the bridge, then pulls a weapon and forces them to the right, along the side of the hill about 1/4 mile to the place where he says "down the hill" which is where the girls were found deceased in the flat area down near the creek.

That would be the least risk move by BG.

God help those poor girls souls for what he did to them. :(

It’s comforting to know that LE believe they’re able to reconstruct whatever occurred. I’m quite content they’ve chosen to keep their facts confidential however I can’t think of any reason why misleading re-creations would make a difference to the type of tips LE is receiving. Unless it involves something such as false rumours about a colour of a car sighted in the parking lot or another detail similar to that. Holeman even goes on to state that information gleaned from “watching the news” may not be entirely accurate. Indeed his statement, why “Nothing out there is accurate..” is quite a head scratcher.

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
There’s a lot of false information out there,” Holeman confirms. “Social media, although not new… does impede our investigation. Like when people put up side-by-side photos of innocent people—or, at least, people with no ties to the state of Indiana or Delphi—which creates false [information]. People believe it [though] because it’s on the internet.”

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

Last edited:
HLN just reported that in the past 2 weeks, since the television coverage due to the 2 year Anniversary , police have received more than 500 new tips!!!!. Let's hope the 1 they need is in there!
I hope a new tip came in that will be "the" tip we're waiting for. Seems unlikely after so long, but perhaps not. Perhaps someone was scared before but isn't now. Perhaps someone was in denial before but now isn't. Perhaps someone was in a conversation with the perp in recent times - didn't have info before but now does.

My hunch is the case will be solved when BG commits another crime and it matches Delphi in a way that cracks the case. I think gumshoe detective work will solve it. My concern is that BG dies (or has died) before LE finds him and the case will remain open forever.

Fingers crossed. I hate that this case isn't solved.

jmo

Thankfully for society it’s a lot more difficult to be a serial killer today than it was even a decade ago. The number of sick twisted individuals hasn’t decreased any, but the ability to evade detection has. Better DNA recovery techniques, better testing capabilities, and better more complete databases. With that also the ability by different agencies to share information through various LE databases. Couple that with new electronic technologies, with cell phone info being able to be tracked. Online presences being easily identified. All that combined with more and more home and business surveillance cameras etc. It’s my belief that killers like Bundy, btk etc would have been caught much more quickly in today’s world. BefMoo. With that said I think it’s more likely this crime was not that of a serial killer, but rather a sick twisted individual that was committing acts to lead up to this crime. I think he will be in fact local and will mostly likely have some, if even just a loose connection to the victims. All MOO

ETA the next Ted Bundy isn’t out there roaming around, he’s already been caught after his first or second murder and is rotting in prison somewhere! Moo

Last edited:
I haven’t watched the segment of HLN where Sheriff Tobe Leazenby says he “knows that voice”. But that same phrase was used before to demonstrate a thought process in the makings of a potentially valuable tip that should be forwarded.

So my question - is it certain Leazenby said he “knew that voice” or did he repeat a similar plea as made earlier by ex-prosecutor Ives?

Mar/17
“If you see that picture and you hear that voice, and you’re going to call in a tip, explain why,” urged Ives. “’I’ve seen him wear those clothes, I know the way he walks, I know that combination of clothing, I know that voice, I know something about him.’....”
Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe

I thought he was telling the public the kinds of things he wants to hear in a tip. Like, "[Tell us] 'I've seen...etc'"

I thought he was telling the public the kinds of things he wants to hear in a tip. Like, "[Tell us] 'I've seen...etc'"

Your interpretation is how I’ve noticed LE framing their request for tips from the very onset of this horrible crime - by consistently using the word “know”.

Not “this guy looks just like some photo on the internet but “I know this guy, I know his voice” etc. If Sheriff Leazenby thinks he has “known” the voice all along that’s be a huge coincidence I think.

Your interpretation is how I’ve noticed LE framing their request for tips from the very onset of this horrible crime - by consistently using the word “know”.

Not “this guy looks just like some photo on the internet but “I know this guy, I know his voice” etc. If Sheriff Leazenby thinks he has “known” the voice all along that’s be a huge coincidence I think.

Agreed. I tend to think that they know a lot more about BG than they’re letting on. I think they’re just waiting on that one thing that ties it all together for them.

Maybe Sheriff Tobe Leazenby has heard the voice before. Could it be buried in the 38K-40K tips called in? The killer tried to insert himself in the case? Tried to send LE down a rabbit hole that leads nowhere?

Maybe Sheriff Leazenby meant he "knows" the voice like we "know" it - just from hearing it so many times. I didn't hear the interview but just a thought I had while reading y'alls interpretation. That's a pretty big deal if he is saying he actually knows it (but can't place it). jmo

It’s comforting to know that LE believe they’re able to reconstruct whatever occurred. I’m quite content they’ve chosen to keep their facts confidential however I can’t think of any reason why misleading re-creations would make a difference to the type of tips LE is receiving. Unless it involves something such as false rumours about a colour of a car sighted in the parking lot or another detail similar to that. Holeman even goes on to state that information gleaned from “watching the news” may not be entirely accurate. Indeed his statement, why “Nothing out there is accurate..” is quite a head scratcher.

Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana
There’s a lot of false information out there,” Holeman confirms. “Social media, although not new… does impede our investigation. Like when people put up side-by-side photos of innocent people—or, at least, people with no ties to the state of Indiana or Delphi—which creates false [information]. People believe it [though] because it’s on the internet.”

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

Hmmmm...sooooo....Holeman is saying that everything we hear on the news about the case and all the re-enactments are based on false information and that leads to false tips and those would seemingly waste LE’s time. So give out some real information to the public and maybe then people can call in with some helpful tips instead.
Also, concerning the re-enactments I haven’t watched many, don’t think they’re helpful, but most seem to just show the girls crossing the bridge, being accosted, then down the hill and across the creek. No real speculation on details. This is exactly what LE has said happened, so what are the videos getting wrong? Or has LE lied to us about those few facts?
I appreciate all of LE and the great job they do but I am really tired of listening to Indiana LE talk about this case. They say one thing then they say the opposite. They talk round and round in circles. They say things that fuel the wild speculation that they criticize. On and on and on. They owe me nothing but they certainly owe the families and the people of Indiana better.
Sorry. Just frustrated with all their double talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member