Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially also thought he must be just sort of demonstrating how they hoped people would think about the audio clip, since you first heard him say it as they went to a commercial. But in the actual segment he is responding to a question asking how he reacted when he first heard the audio. I think they expected him to say something like “it gave me chills” etc but instead he says “ I know that voice” and continues talking about it and adds that other officers thought the same thing. It doesn’t seemed to be edited in some weird way to make it sound like that. Just very strange thing to say. Is he hinting that BG might be in LE? Is he hinting BG sounds like some law breaker they’ve run into before but they can’t quite identify him? Very odd thing to say.
Very telling thing to say.

Hi rosesfromangels.

I think it’s entirely possible he pulled an Israel Keyes, traveling a fair distance. Of course we’ve talked about this before.

As to your second paragraph, IMO absolutely no way in hell this guy has had too much of a conscience and has offed himself. He is the absolute polar opposite of this, moo, having the brazenness (for lack of a better term) to begin with to do what he did.

This does bring up a good question, have any SKs (let’s assume SK for a moment, for discussion’s sake) offed themselves? And if so out of guilt? See to me, “conscience” and “BG” just don’t go together in the same sentence.

—-

Hi KK,

Jumping off this, I don’t think he can control himself.

He must have done soooomething in the past two years (or he will again).

How common would a 2 year cool off period be?

They say some go long periods...

Does anyone have an example of a SK (again for discussion purposes; I think we can assume this might not be his first rodeo) who went several years in cool off?

Another killer with substantial cooling off periods is the Bike Path Rapist, Artemio Sanchez, in Buffalo. Similar to other killers he had a family after starting his spree(s), in his case he raped a lot of women over a period of time, then didn't commit any crimes for some years, then started up again, with the rapes and then murders. He had the same job for 30+ years, had kids, coached baseball, etc.

Israel Keyes comes to mind, too, and I'd never heard of him until I started snooping around here on WS. Part of my theory about BG is he travels long distances to kill, I don't think he's local to Delphi. Could be from MI. IL, IA, etc. Unlike Keyes, though, BG gets a thrill from the aftermath of his crimes. Most of Keyes' victims either went missing and were never found, or were found well after the fact, and thus got little attention in the media. I believe BG loves the attention his crimes get in the media.

MOO

Given the possibility BG’s age is mid-40s, it would make sense he had some priors, but the DNA angle isn’t matching to any known cases. That troubles me in finding him.

BG may have checked into a hotel to wash and get some sleep every once in a while. I know most hotels and motels aren’t reliant on the old way of pay with cash/don’t look much at a fake name written on a ledger, but maybe some residual hotels in the vicinity of Delphi still do it that way. My naivety/ignorance is clearly showing here.

It would be interesting to know if any motels that allow people to stay that way are in the area. I am sure LE has exhausted that track... curiosity only. Maybe some locals could chime in.

Given the possibility BG’s age is mid-40s, it would make sense he had some priors, but the DNA angle isn’t matching to any known cases. That troubles me in finding him.

BG may have checked into a hotel to wash and get some sleep every once in a while. I know most hotels and motels aren’t reliant on the old way of pay with cash/don’t look much at a fake name written on a ledger, but maybe some residual hotels in the vicinity of Delphi still do it that way. My naivety/ignorance is clearly showing here.

It would be interesting to know if any motels that allow people to stay that way are in the area. I am sure LE has exhausted that track... curiosity only. Maybe some locals could chime in.
If this murderer is in his 40's that would seem to be a bit old to start killing or sexually abusing women or girls. I wouldn't doubt that if he has not killed before, he has probably committed other sexual abuses. Rape, sexually abusing girls or women. He just hasn't been caught or convicted. Maybe he tried the scheme where he has, successfully or unsuccessfully, attempted to snatch his prey while driving up on them in his car.

If he has killed before and he is in his 40's, he has probably evolved with his methods. It was not a popular theory in the 80's and and 90's among LE that the East Area Rapist in the Sacramento/Modesto/Contra Costa area and the Original Night Stalker north of Los Angeles were the same person. It wasn't till around 2000 or later that DNA proved it. He evolved from a rapist to murderer.

Touch DNA technology is a fairly new method and maybe there are cold cases out there where LE has not gone back to use that technology on the evidence. There are, after all, tens of thousands of rape kits that are in custody of LE and still have not been processed.

I initially also thought he must be just sort of demonstrating how they hoped people would think about the audio clip, since you first heard him say it as they went to a commercial. But in the actual segment he is responding to a question asking how he reacted when he first heard the audio. I think they expected him to say something like “it gave me chills” etc but instead he says “ I know that voice” and continues talking about it and adds that other officers thought the same thing. It doesn’t seemed to be edited in some weird way to make it sound like that. Just very strange thing to say. Is he hinting that BG might be in LE? Is he hinting BG sounds like some law breaker they’ve run into before but they can’t quite identify him? Very odd thing to say.

It could be interpreted that we'd all heard people who talk like that? I don't know.. the first time I heard that voice, it sounded so common for a gravely voiced raspy middle aged man.

it worked in the Morgan Harrington case. Just skin cells from the perpetrator touching the T shirt she was wearing.

Oh, it definitely works. As I said, it's done amazing things. But you have to have something to sample; in many cases that's just not possible. And in other cases there's not enough material, or it's been degraded or corrupted.

Just trying this one on for size, LE in Canada have been trying to identify the perp by his voice in a recording. He is likely responsible for the murder of young Amber Tuccaro.
Although unlikely? the voice is not dissimilar to the recording of the perp's voice in this case. Key word is "Absolutely".
Fwiw, imo, speculation.

Hard to believe this is thread #88 of public attention on this case through this site alone and no definite leads to BG.

Looking back on similar type crimes, BG may have had a kill kit, a vantage point, and a motivation.

What I am missing is how he came across the girls in the first place. I think he might have been in the right place and right time to follow through with his motivation. But why this place?

In other words, he is a deviant, but what led him here?

It is probably nothing figured out online, so hopefully investigators who have more information are looking at that, and thinking about that.

Don't know if it still works, but there was a link to it awhile back.
I just happened to turn it to HLN thinking the show was a reshowing of the California SK part one and was surprised to see it was about the girls. I wish I had known earlier. They must have shuffled their programming to reshow it. Since the last showing had such a good response in tips to LE, I wonder if they requested it to be broadcast again?

Just trying this one on for size, LE in Canada have been trying to identify the perp by his voice in a recording. He is likely responsible for the murder of young Amber Tuccaro.
Although unlikely? the voice is not dissimilar to the recording of the perp's voice in this case. Key word is "Absolutely".
Fwiw, imo, speculation.
Is there a thread for her?

ETA I found it. First search turned up nothing for some reason.

So Sheriff Leazenby indeed thinks he’s heard that voice......

HLN has a 9 minute video of their Delphi feature found here:
HLN

At about 4:20 Sheriff Leazenby, responding to first hearing the DTH audio“...the investigator part of me started to kick in, I’m thinking...like several other people, I know that voice, who is that, who is that and I’m still doing that. Who is this person? I’ve heard that voice somewhere but to this day I can’t put a name on that voice .”

HLN’s video of the bridge filmed from the air......absolutely stunningly breathtaking, if it wasn’t for the tragic circumstances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members