Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure the family were shown the new sketch before PC started?
If so, and some were in tears and others mad, it's gotta be one of their own. former foster child?
What exactly did the family do? I had trouble with my live feed. What was said about the family reaction prior to the start of Doug Carter speaking?

I think the 'new direction' being pursued by the investigation is that the killer was dressed to disguise his appearance.

Someone they (and possibly the family) knew.. who knew EXACTLY where they were going to be, is what I am thinking. But disguised himself. moo

eta Maybe he followed them on social media as well.

Does anyone have a link to the photos of the creek from the searches where it was speculated that there was clothing in the water? Or do you remember the reporter's name who posted those? I'm sure they are in the earlier threads... I'll go looking but thought someone here might remember faster than my search skills. ;)

Short hair coupled with arrogance, reminds me of a sports guy, (not all of them!) how far is the university or high school?
Unless mommy cuts his hair for him, wondering if barbers/ hairdressers, might remember cutting his hair? Maybe it has since (purposely) grown out?

What is that hideous grating sound heard on the newly released audio tape, omg- what did he do to those poor children??!!
speculation.

Purdue University is not very far at all, it's in Lafayette.

The sound in the background is the sound of rustling leaves/debris, they did a great job of isolating the voice. They modified the sound of the background noise to isolate the voice.

(MOO) They received a tip from a person who suspects a close relative. That person was abused as a child and/or witnessed a great deal of family violence (hence reference to "power issues" and why LE called him "a coward"). That person has young children. I believe LE knows who he is. He was part of the search team. The reference to "a little bit of conscience left" was an appeal to turn himself in before they come and get him. Make it easier on your children.

Ya'll please don't go naming possible suspects or talking about neighbors, etc and get this thread shut down.
We all probably have suspects in mind if we have followed this case all along, but until someone is publicly named a person of interest, or suspect, we can't post a name or picture here.
Chi

Then, how could the sketch be worth anything? Someone remembers a stranger’s features after 2+ years, and they make it the ‘primary’ sketch?

The Indiana state labs and FBI labs also have the capability of doing phenotype testing. Parabon is just the most well known at the moment.

There are a number of ways they could have found a more accurate picture. Somebody found and reported a picture on their camera that they didn't know was there. Advances in technical processing might have made the face in the video clearer. Once they learned about the car, they might have been able to find security footage from somewhere else.

All in all, a strange press conference. We are hearing the family was given this news today and left 'angry'. There is an LE official who is extremely emotional while talking but, quite frankly, the "new" info released does not match the emotions noted for the family or the LE official. The video and audio files are not much more than already seen/heard especially after some WS members linked the known photos together to create a .gif. The info on the abandoned vehicle is very limited so what exactly caused the elevated emotions for family and LE?

Maybe because they had hopes that were dashed.

Carter was so emotional. I wonder if he was scanning the room as he spoke and saw some thing or someone. Interesting that he left the room before they revealed the new sketch.
The whole thing was orchestrated today. His emotions were real but the way he came in and left was done on purpose imo. He did say that he thinks the suspect has a little bit of conscience left. He was talking to him and also to those family or friends who they think know about this.

Imo, LE does have his DNA. Even the family members have said so. What they don't have is a CODIS match which is needed.

I've always believed he was local, and not someone passing through. Someone who may not have a record that entailed his DNA being given.

I think they are sure he has removed his goatee, and is clean shaven in order to not appear in any way like the first sketch. Imo he no longer wears a cap.

His DNA profile could denote his parental heritage showing he most likely has thick black hair.

Imo

The abandoned county office building was razed in 2018. I posted about the building a few weeks ago.

I think it makes perfect sense BG parked there. A woman claimed she saw a white pick-up truck there between 11:30Am and Noon that day, the building would give some concealment, and it was a stone's throw from the trail.

The building was bulldozed some time in 2018, Google Street View shows it gone in August.

I think this is why they asked in the very beginning about someone walking along the hwy. Maybe he got spooked and ditched his plan to return to the vehicle. The question is, where is the vehicle? Did someone return to get it? They must have or we would have the person in custody based on running the VIN #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member