Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@K.jill Witness can sometimes lead LE on wild goose chases and they were honestly trying their best to provide accurate information.

I remember watching a segment on Dateline (maybe?) years ago where people were standing in line to get into a theater or something. They had staged actors, the victim and the perp. The perp runs up and takes off with a ladies purse, takes it right out of her hand and takes off. The people in line that witnessed it were asked to describe the person. Yeah, most of the them were not even close. Think there was one person who was spot on.

That was my girl Oprah. :)

I think a lot of people get in the “that person would never be guilty of this” camp in their head, and they just never put two and two together.

Most people aren’t sleuthers like us lol

true. Most people live in their own bubble. I wonder how many people in Delphi follow this case at all?

Any strange crimes reported in Delphi or surrounding areas before the murders? Attempted rape, assaults, kidnapping of young children, teens, adults?
Austin Sig attempted to assault/kidnap a woman but she fought him off so his next target was a young girl. ugh...disturbing.
What's really chilling about Delphi case is this killer was bold and self-assured enough to take on two victims at once. It speaks to the ISP saying he liked to be in control. That would be an almost understatement for someone to go after two victims at the same time, in broad daylight, no leaf cover with other hikers nearby. Very bold or just so distubed in the head that consquences didn't factor in or if they did, they didn't matter to him.

true. Most people live in their own bubble. I wonder how many people in Delphi follow this case at all?

Can you belieeeeeve the other day I was talking to my friend who lives literally 5 minutes (or less) from the Watts house and she didn’t even know about the case??!! I was like, “Giiiiurrrll, you been livin in a bubble or what?!!)

Same thing with Jessica. There were just some people who had no idea. Same with the NOCO Shooter!

My guess here though is that with Delphi more people would know.

In any scenario where the perp takes the girls to a second location and them brings them back, my question would be "why there?" Why would you bring them back to the very location they went missing and would be searched for? There are so many rural, wild areas, and larger river systems that would be better disposal spots.

They may have been trapped by the family search and hid till they could creep back. Joined the search even in the meantime. If they had left to take the bodies elsewhere, maybe they would have been immediately missed. Maybe a grudge against the landowner.

I’ve been meaning to ask, speaking of LE outwardly addressing the perp as a coward, does anyone recall past cases where LE addressed the perp as such? Just wondering how often they take this risk of engaging and agitating the perp, if this is a common technique and under what circumstances so to speak.

I’m also curious to compare all the PCs in Jessica Ridgeway’s case, but haven’t been able to revisit that emotionally. The reason why I refer to her case specifically is that LE stated they thought the killer was local. They also knew at the time that they were dealing with someone very sadistic (we didn’t know at the time what they knew at the time, about her backpack found with her eyeglasses and urine soaked clothing and cross pendant inserted into her partial remains.)

I guess what I’m wondering is if at the time did LE refer to him as a coward, etc. I can’t remember bc all I can remember is being huddled with my community in a hall as we watched the PC together that her remains (which was her partial torso) had been found and all I remember from that PC is throwing my hat across the room like a frisbee.
YES in my area there's a sheriff who's often dramatic on TV when they need
the public to come forward to help solve a particularly brutal crime on a child.
It does get your attention. Though I think it sometimes seems lame.

Can you belieeeeeve the other day I was talking to my friend who lives literally 5 minutes (or less) from the Watts house and she didn’t even know about the case??!! I was like, “Giiiiurrrll, you been livin in a bubble or what?!!)

Same thing with Jessica. There were just some people who had no idea. Same with the NOCO Shooter!

My guess here though is that with Delphi more people would know.
Many people do not listen to the news or read any papers or even
use the internet. You'd be surprised, it's just not how they spend their time. I'd feel lost if I couldn't keep up with current news.

Hi

This is the suspect in Nicole's murder public Facebook page. When I read through the rules, it seemed like if it was a public sm page for a suspect I could link it. It's just a place of work I found interesting which is why I was curious if I could share.
I guess, I know. ;) But I've been "in prison" for less, so you should better ask a mod before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely helpful article!

Just a theory. Perhaps the DNA Leazenby refers to in the ‘Radar Online’ article was tested & arrived back weeks later revealing a much younger BG. Investigators then realized the original composite sketch of BG was faulty.

The reason I thought of this is based on the link below.Investigators in a cold case discovered years later their original composite sketch of the murderer was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying
Additional DNA resting on the clothesline matched a DNA sample taken from Milam’s blouse. The DNA didn’t match any profiles in the system. Further DNA testing allowed police to develop a composite profile of the killer. Keen went through 1,100 arrest records by hand to eliminate certain suspects and got it down to about 106 people.
But it turned out the original composite was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying

MOO

Refer to page one of this thread.
4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

I wouldn't necessarily call what I've seen him post as a place of work as a tip. Especially, when it's openly viewed on his FB page. (Several tips have been made by others regarding him as a POI who are closer to him & with more info than I have). I'm sure since he's in custody and local, he's being questioned regarding the girls case. I was just trying to give a little perspective on why Nicole Bowen's case and the girls may have some links.

This is Radar Online doing their thing, and being sensationalistic.

I highly doubt they have any specific details as to how the girls were killed, or what the crime scene looked like.

It’s absolutely possible that they’re right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We shouldn’t read anything into this.

At all.

You know, speaking of Radar, when that article came out in December with Leazenby talking about “sending evidence to Quantico”, I was quite irritated by that, that in a case of this magnitude, and with no word from LE for a while, that he would choose to talk to Radar of all people about the investigation. I’m thinking now that maybe that was exaaactly what he wanted to do. Talk to the sleaziest most sensational media outlet on purpose, perhaps as part of the strategy (or not). In other words he wanted to make sure that that information got out. (But then why not talk to IndyStar or someone else? That would have easily have been distributed widely...)

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
In any scenario where the perp takes the girls to a second location and them brings them back, my question would be "why there?" Why would you bring them back to the very location they went missing and would be searched for? There are so many rural, wild areas, and larger river systems that would be better disposal spots.
I don't think transporting them anywhere in a vehicle would have been an option. The "Down the hill" command makes sense to getting them off the trail quickly and going towards a water source also makes sense as far as...God I hate even speaking to this...disposing of his victims and his trace evidence on them in a water source. If his weapon was a knife it would also aid him in cleaning himself up before walking out, possibly to a vehicle. I've heard it said one of the girls was partially covered with leaves. Maybe he heard nearby people and the water plan went to a more hurried covering them up plan which wad never completed because he needed to leave?

Hi

This is the suspect in Nicole's murder public Facebook page. When I read through the rules, it seemed like if it was a public sm page for a suspect I could link it. It's just a place of work I found interesting which is why I was curious if I could share.

Nicole has a thread and it could be put on there if it is the FB of the suspect, I think but @sillybilly could perhaps confirm. Here is the link to Nicole's thread.

Identified! - IN - Newton County, Fem, 30 Mar 2019 - Nicole Bowen

(I am not that sure of the rules so it is best to pm a mod giving them a link to the FB itself. You can also report your post and ask.)

Last edited:
YES in my area there's a sheriff who's often dramatic on TV when they need
the public to come forward to help solve a particularly brutal crime on a child.
It does get your attention. Though I think it sometimes seems lame.
Yes but I mean specifically outright calling the murderer a name, specifically “coward”. I’m sure it’s happened plenty of times.

Last edited:
A strange thought occurred to me, and it's wild speculation, I admit. Highly unlikely. But the owner of the place that got searched also owns a small tract of land on Deer Creek, downstream from where the girls were found. If something suspicious traveled downstream and was located on that property, by chance, maybe LE's first stop was the landowner's home?
What if the perp was stealing things from area sheds that way he could discard them at the crime scene- knowing they would never be traced back to him?

Another random thought which I’ve mentioned before, IMO, my guuuesss is that BG is not a big SM person. I would guess that he is fairly technical as far as viewing child *advertiser censored* and violence, and perhaps there are some other specific areas of interest such as hunting and fishing that he may peruse online, but I doubt him to have a huge SM presence, JMO.

Early on there was much talk about the dark web.

Last edited:
You know, speaking of Radar, when that article came out in December with Leazenby talking about “sending evidence to Quantico”, I was quite irritated by that, that in a case of this magnitude, and with no word from LE for a while, that he would choose to talk to Radar of all people about the investigation. I’m thinking now that maybe that was exaaactly what he wanted to do. Talk to the sleaziest most sensational media outlet on purpose, perhaps as part of the strategy (or not). In other words he wanted to make sure that that information got out. (But then why not talk to Indy or someone else? That would have easily have been distributed widely...)

Just thinking out loud.

Don't Radar pay for their articles ? That does seem a strange choice by LE if so.

Don't Radar pay for their articles ? That does seem a strange choice by LE if so.

Really strange in my opinion. He could’ve talked to CNN, Fox59, WHTR, IndyStar...but he decided to talk about “evidence sent to Quantico” with Radar Online.

I’ll tell ya this is just one example of the many things in this case that just “seem weird”, jmo.

You'd think so right? But have you ever had a portrait done by
a traveling artist at a resort or fair? Some artists are pretty good
but some aren't. I don't think such a sketch will end up looking much like the perp but it's only trying to give basic visual clues.
It won't be an exact replica of the perp.
It's also meant to get people thinking and talking about the perp.

This is one of the reasons why I can't get behind many of the theories about a lazy eye, scar on the face, etc that people are seeing in the sketch. If the witness gave a detail that needed to be included to the sketch artist then, in my experience, LE would use that as an identifying feature in their announcements. They wouldn't leave it as a "mystery" for the spectators to figure out. When I worked with a sketch artist and I noticed a scar on his right cheek, that scar was worked into the sketch and it was very obvious. In addition, the scar was mentioned in all the press releases as something to look for. The sketch artist didn't casually include it in the illustration, making it just faint enough so that only those with keen eyes could see it. If there's an identifying feature then that's generally something LE wants known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member