Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, after reading all that I can find about the Nicole Bowen murder, it seems that the FBI has been involved since the beginning. BODY IDENTIFIED- ARREST MADE IN NEWTON COUNTY INVESTIGATION

Is this typical?
The one thing that nags at me about this story, is that the man in custody is listed as being from Lebanon (not too far from Delphi). I recall a house in Lebanon being served a warrant in relation to the girls deaths. Does anyone else remember this?
Arrest made for alleged murder of Nicole Bowen

Last edited:
He may have intended to abduct them and those plans did not work out. Abby and Libby may not have been as easy to control as he would have liked while attempting to get them to where he wanted them. One or both were injured in the down the hill creek crossing as he tried to push them along and could not keep moving. The girls may have finally realized they had to fight for their lives. Maybe he got spooked by seeing or hearing someone and had to abort taking them. Once he started he had to kill them as they would have been able to ID him.

I like to hope that whatever he had planned got messed up on him and he didn't get to do what wanted and had to improvise. IDK maybe it is a weird way of thinking but I like to think he did not get the pleasure or gratification that he fantasized about and left frustrated.

All of THIS!!! ^^^^^ I agree

I don't think transporting them anywhere in a vehicle would have been an option. The "Down the hill" command makes sense to getting them off the trail quickly and going towards a water source also makes sense as far as...God I hate even speaking to this...disposing of his victims and his trace evidence on them in a water source. If his weapon was a knife it would also aid him in cleaning himself up before walking out, possibly to a vehicle. I've heard it said one of the girls was partially covered with leaves. Maybe he heard nearby people and the water plan went to a more hurried covering them up plan which wad never completed because he needed to leave?
I agree. I must be a minimalist, but my sense is that this was not a complicated crime. I'm guessing he saw the girls get dropped off, tailed them until nobody was around, used the threat of a weapon to get them off the trail and out of sight, did whatever he did to them quick-like, and got the hell out of Dodge.

We only have a tiny fraction of the information, so it's impossible to say whether or not he took them elsewhere, or helped with the searches, etc. But JMO, once he left Dodge (the crime scene), he stayed away.

Does anyone think the killer or killers are the same ones that murdered Nicole Bowen? I think that the timing is way too coincidental, among other things.
This is something I can’t stop thinking about... the timing in relationship to the PC, the “shack” reference, the FBI involvement, and IMO, the pic of BG on the bridge resembles one of the perps arrested.
Although I can’t discern any specific facial details, one thing does stand out, and that is what appears to be a very pale complexion, very common in people with red hair.
But then again that particular trait also resembles another someone I have suspicions about as well. :sigh:
Seems like a lot of coincidences to me but who knows.

So why doesn’t anyone recognize his voice (or why isn’t there a specific match) if he could be an upstanding or highly involved member of the community?

I realize voice analysis is not a be all end all in court, but I would think there would be a dead ringer voice wise that people might recognize.

ETA:
(Again maybe they’re just not calling it in...)

I wonder if he’s a loner who lives in the outskirts.

Last edited:
Really strange in my opinion. He could’ve talked to CNN, Fox59, WHTR, IndyStar...but he decided to talk about “evidence sent to Quantico” with Radar Online.

I’ll tell ya this is just one example of the many things in this case that just “seem weird”, jmo.
Is evidence being sent to Quantico really all that uncommon when the FBI is involved? Maybe he didn't consider it all that newsworthy? Just a thought...

This is something I can’t stop thinking about... the timing in relationship to the PC, the “shack” reference, the FBI involvement, and IMO, the pic of BG on the bridge resembles one of the perps arrested.
Although I can’t discern any specific facial details, one thing does stand out, and that is what appears to be a very pale complexion, very common in people with red hair.
But then again that particular trait also resembles another someone I have suspicions about as well. :sigh:
Seems like a lot of coincidences to me but who knows.
It would suck if the witness of young BG was Nichole.

Friday afternoon thoughts...

It has been more than two weeks since the press conference and I had this idea in my head that the families would be making a statement this week in regards to the direction the case had taken and also directly to the monster.

I honestly thought that they were going to attempt to draw this guy out (with LE and the FBI's input) with having Derrick and Kelsi speak about that day and have them communicate to BG regarding some specific detail a witness had noticed about him.

Boy do I admit I was wrong!

I really wanted LE to spark such a fear in him that it would leave him no choice but to come forward.....but he is still that same coward Carter mentioned weeks ago.

There have been some great discussions lately and I am trying to catch-up so I can contribute to them. The dedication you all have to those girls is like nothing I have ever seen here before. Everyone here just wants to help catch this guy and 100 threads is such proof of that.

I still think that LE has a very good idea of who did this and its just a matter of time before this guy gets what is coming to him. They are just connecting all the dots and his time is near.

I hope I am not wrong about that.

JMO

That was a farm ? news to me. It sure doesn't appear that way on google earth....

Can you post a pic please? Tia.

Here’s the documention on that re: it being a farm, pulling quote:

ETA:

This is one of many references:
Search warrant served at Delphi family farm in connection with two murdered teens investigation
PUBLISHED: FEB 16TH
UPDATED: FEB 19TH, 2017

“Investigators spent a few hours at the property neighbors said, and records showed, is a family farm.”

Last edited:
Again I am struck by the risk of engaging and/or agitating the killer.
Hiya Margarita25!:) Of course you bring up a valid points... but I sense a new strength in Carter's words. I think he is "calling out" the killer. Maybe it is a "psychological show down." A "mano-o-mano" technique that Carter feels will work on a younger criminal?
"Are you coming out like a man or are you going to continue being a yellow bellied coward?"
There are just so many possibilities...perhaps LE doesn't want to "mollycoddle" this miscreant anymore. (I just love the definition whether a verb or a noun!) noun:an effeminate or ineffectual man or boy./verb:treat (someone) in an indulgent or overprotective way. I think the very nature of the crime screams this guy is a sneaky coward who manipulates and is not manly. If we have any profilers who can tell us if "kicking the hornet's nest" is the best strategy....would love to hear it!

LE have now mentioned two people owning the vehicle and an alibi so I think it likely two are involved. Even if one is just protecting the perp by given an alibi for instance. They would still be guilty imo. What do you think?
I thought it was stated that the crime of murdering the girls was done by one man. But, you're right....if someone is knowingly giving that person an alibi then they bear some guilt too.

So why doesn’t anyone recognize his voice (or why isn’t there a specific match) if he could be an upstanding or highly involved member of the community?

I realize voice analysis is not a be all end all in court, but I would think there would be a dead ringer voice wise and I just haven’t heard it.
I think a specific suspect may come to mind when one listens for the voice. I don't think the voice is enough to arrest.

Isn't that quote, "hiding in plain sight," frightening? It would feel like every soul in that community is being stalked!

I'm a teacher and have been working on an animal adaptation science unit with my first graders. One thing that has come up in our study over and over is the concept of 'camoflage' and the exact words....'hiding in plain sight'. I couldn't help but think of BG as a camoflaged animal as I was teaching.

If BG has been 'hiding in plain sight' it simply means that he blends in seemlessly with his enviornment. He doesn't stand out. He doesn't look out of place. He is suited to 'survive' in his environment. He is probably an 'average Joe' that dresses, speaks, and acts like the locals--you might walk past him without even noticing him. I believe he is socially awkward within the general population but probably well liked and respected within specific social circles. I agree this is frightening.

One aspect of Carter's presser speech that I disagree with is the notion that BG has 'changed' since the murders (sorry not an exact quote). If he has been so well camoflaged for the past 2 years I see no reason for him to have made significant changes in his appearance or lifestyle. Carrying on in a 'business as usual' mode would draw less suspicion. This is what I find truly frightening...being able to compartmentalize a double murder so well that you can move forward with your life and interact with your family and friends in a 'normal' way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13