Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, @Jabarn, I agree w/you that BG likely is *not* a home owner himself in Delphi or a nearby town -- but that he *may* still live with his parent(s), who *are* local homeowners. It's my "spidey sense" that he's found places to chat with a parent/both parents where locals *can't* spot them chatting... Perhaps in a nearby large-ish city (i. e., Lafayette, West Lafayette, or even over in Indy -- but that's not as convenient as the first two cities) at a restaurant or coffee shop. Those 2 cities have *tons* of college students, even after second semester classes finish in late April/ early May, and throughout the summer. Great places to go with no one watching/hearing (or so they may think). MOO

What kind of options does LE have toward those who "aid and abet", I wonder? (At this point, it certainly *appears* as if BG's family [i. e., a parent, or both parents, if BG may still be living at home w/parents] -- again, MOO -- *may* be keeping a lid on all of this, thinking that they'll just take their "inside knowledge" or suspicions to their grave(s) with them. What a heavy load to bear!)

Wonder who in the Delphi area/nearby towns has noticed a parent/parents of a locally brought up, normally pleasant, well-mannered, smarter-than-average young man with...changes to their demeanor, or that parent/those parents having become much.more.guarded in their conversations, and being much more "selective" about to whom they speak.

So much to think about there. I would hesitate a guess, if that’s the type of killer, he wouldn’t be sharing much with others because he doesn’t have many acquaintances, let alone friends. If he did, the friend would have a similar situation and would have either helped, or stayed quiet.

He would be reclusive by nature, and sneaking about/stalking with some sort of mission only he could understand.

If he still lives with his parents, he probably doesn’t have a steady girlfriend or employment, and maybe the parent(s) have grown tired of thinking about what he does, especially if they had to deal with years of problems, and more so if he in his twenties or older and leave him alone for the most part.

Last edited:
I always thought that they did such a thorough job searching RL's place was to see if the perp had been there. He could have changed there as it was within walking distance. Maybe they were hoping he left something behind as some kind of clue. Maybe he even knew RL. JMO.

Madison, Jefferson and Gallatin rivers in Montana, making the Missouri--whose upper part also flows north before it turns east.

Sooo... if BG is a transient serial killer.
I always thought that they did such a thorough job searching RL's place was to see if the perp had been there. He could have changed there as it was within walking distance. Maybe they were hoping he left something behind as some kind of clue. Maybe he even knew RL. JMO.

I don’t know if he knew RL, but going back to the transient theory, he may have been hiding out in one of the outbuildings on RL’s land. I have always felt that could be a clue that was never answered for sure.

Sooo... if BG is a transient serial killer.

I don’t know if he knew RL, but going back to the transient theory, he may have been hiding out in one of the outbuildings on RL’s land. I have always felt that could be a clue that was never answered for sure.

Yes. They did full forensics on RL's place.
We have no idea if there was anything recovered there.

I think BG could be a local that played or hung out around there at some previous time, by the bridge and on on RL's land.
MOO Probably kids got into RL's outbuildings often enough over time, being near a local attraction.
RL had called police about a break in some time (year before?) before the girls were killed there.

I just skipped from 55 to here which is never a good idea but I had a thought. I am in the camp that believes there is some sort of religious connection. Would there be any benefit in bringing in a well known clergy person or theologist to speak with both LE privately and the community in general publically. I feel like the comments made at the press conference were not coincidental. Perhaps there are people who could make those points more eloquently and in a more neutral setting? I also feel like from a theological standpoint, LE might be missing something. Not criticizing. Theology isnt a well known field.

<modsnipped quoted post>
Talk about coincidental :) I was just thinking that. The school my kids went to in a medium sized town had kids from a large rural area attending as well. They made many friends that lived outside of town and spent many days off hanging with their friends "in the country." I felt like a taxi cab driver. I wonder, did any of RL's kids attend the same school as BG. I just keep coming back to RL saying in an interview how his children and their friends played down there. I really do think BG was familiar with that area and maybe even the property.

Another strange thought crossed my mind too. When I listen to my voice on voicemail, when I pick up a message that didn't get to the intended person, I'm always surprised at how differently I sound than what I think I sound like in my own head. Weird, I know. Is it possible that when BG listens to the recording released by LE that he doesn't really "hear" himself? If you think I'm crazy, it's alright, really. Sometimes I think I am too :)
ed:sp

Last edited by a moderator:
I just skipped from 55 to here which is never a good idea but I had a thought. I am in the camp that believes there is some sort of religious connection. Would there be any benefit in bringing in a well known clergy person or theologist to speak with both LE privately and the community in general publically. I feel like the comments made at the press conference were not coincidental. Perhaps there are people who could make those points more eloquently and in a more neutral setting? I also feel like from a theological standpoint, LE might be missing something. Not criticizing. Theology isnt a well known field.
There are plenty of clergy in and around Delphi that LE could tap into for assistance. In fact, the first PC was hosted by a local church.

Last edited:
Nor I. It's probably somewhat larger than the chin of the guy in the first sketch, but nothing that would leave me saying, "Wow look at the chin on that guy" if I passed him on the street.

I agree with this but have to say that when the new sketch was released his chin is the first place my eyes went. The size and shape are not unusual enough that I suspect he has some sort of jaw or oral issue, but it is not unnoticeable for sure.

Same...would not be surprised to find the chin is basic, if an arrest is ever made. I think too much is being made of it but jmo.

I think the chin may appear to be emphasized because of the small amount of space between his upper lip and nose, as if the sketch artist moved the lips up, creating a stronger chin. Definitely a very common type, at least in the Midwest. JMO.

ETA it’s actually notable to me how proportionate the face is overall, which I think makes it appear youthful.

Talk about coincidental :) I was just thinking that. The school my kids went to in a medium sized town had kids from a large rural area attending as well. They made many friends that lived outside of town and spent many days off hanging with their friends "in the country." I felt like a taxi cab driver. I wonder, did any of RL's kids attend the same school as BG. I just keep coming back to RL saying in an interview how his children and their friends played down there. I really do think BG was familiar with that area and maybe even the property.

Another strange thought crossed my mind too. When I listen to my voice on voicemail, when I pick up a message that didn't get to the intended person, I'm always surprised at how differently I sound than what I think I sound like in my own head. Weird, I know. Is it possible that when BG listens to the recording released by LE that he doesn't really "hear" himself? If you think I'm crazy, it's alright, really. Sometimes I think I am too :)
ed:sp
You don't hear your own voice the same as others. When you speak, you hear your own voice mostly through bone conduction, while those around you hear your voice through air conduction. Usually, people who do a lot of public speaking get used to hearing their recorded voice - politicians, newscasters, preachers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState