Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same! It seems impossible that he took them and committed murder so close to a popular trail where we know people were hanging out.
The only thing is that we never saw any of the old hunting cabins, sheds or barns treated as a crime scene with the exception of Logan's and that was weeks later. There was no press back there while the crime scene investigation was going so it is possible the search lead to a cabin we are unaware of. But we never saw anything taped off either except the location their bodies were discovered and the end of the trail leading to the nearby home. Since they were on Logan's property for a couple of days combing through the location their bodies were found it seems normal they would also have searched his buildings but maybe he blocked them. Is it possible they had to get a SW to do so and that it took some time to get probable cause? When they did search those buildings it was thorough, like a crime scene. They moved and restacked all his hay! His family said the place was more organized and clean after they left than before. What were they looking for? They said he was never a suspect. If you haven't followed long there were a couple of police calls to his place where he had found someone in his barn in the weeks or months prior.
I also never lose the thought that at the end of the bridge is a road. The easiest, quickest and most secure abduction is in a vehicle. Much less risky than marching them down through the leaves and brush and across a creek. Requires at least 2 people but I have never thought he did this alone anyway.
I know I am in the minority here, so be it. But I remain open to other scenarios as well!

The owner reporting someone in his barn that's significant if someone was scouting it prior. I wish he had cameras on his barn.

So just to summarize since it is getting confusing. This morning and ongoing there is a road closure due to an investigation of Bicycle Bridge Road from Route 421 to 1275W. Link
Messages from Carroll County E911 : Nixle

And, the location of 11000 Bicycle Bridge Rd is within the closed area. This was the location of a search warrant days after the murders due to tips. And here is a link to an article about that PRIOR action
UPDATED: Homicide investigation generates search warrant

I don’t mean to steal posts and links but I am hoping this post will prevent many people from confusion

Thank you.

I’m not sure I read much into news not picking up on it yet. But I will say Delphi is small and it probably takes longer for even semi local media to pick up on things

Jmo

Which I’m sure investigators in this case are well aware of and probably rather like

The main reason I don't think there was a secondary location is because I can't see the point of bringing them back out. Why not just leave them in whatever building they were in? He'd have had to make 4 separate trips to carry them back down to the creek and he would've had to do it in the dark. That's a huge risk. While I understand that some killers enjoy taking risks, I have trouble buying it with this scenario. LE also said that the crime was over quickly.
If you assume he acted alone, but if there were 2 of them then its just down and up. I agree we have heard they were killed quickly but that is not definitive. And I do not think they were kept alive longer than an hr or 2, just that it did not happen right there. Why remove their bodies to that area? Maybe he felt they could have left fingerprints or DNA behind in the barn or cabin. Maybe it wasn't yet dark when he took their bodies there. It is common for an organized killer to remove the bodies from the scene.
But it could have all happened right there, maybe someone did hear something and we haven't known.

So just to summarize since it is getting confusing. This morning and ongoing there is a road closure due to an investigation of Bicycle Bridge Road from Route 421 to 1275W. Link

And, the location of 11000 Bicycle Bridge Rd is within the closed area. This was the location of a search warrant days after the murders due to tips. And here is a link to an article about that PRIOR action

I don’t mean to steal posts and links but I am hoping this post will prevent many people from confusion

The only thing I would add for clarification it was in the 11000 *block*, but the specific address was 11036 bicycle Bridge Road.

Thanks for sharing, is this in connection with Abby and Libby or unrelated ? Tia

Obsessively checking all the "local" news links, so far nothing

Home (i think this is Lafayette)
13 WTHR Indianapolis (Indpls)
FOX59 (Indpls)
Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic | Indiana Sports | News 8 | CW (Indpls)
Home (Indpls)
IndyStar: Indianapolis Star, Indiana news, breaking news and sports (Indpls)

Wouldn't it be great if Thread 100 is the charm we were hoping for! moo

Journal and Courier website Journal & Courier

pharostribune.com | Giving you the news you care about

old Daily Mail article 2/17/17 said "Authorities were led to the residence (11036 Bicycle Bridge rd.) by tips that have been coming in since the bodies were found."
"A person living on the property was interviewed but not arrested".
hmmm.
taking another look?
THIS^^^ MOO

So just to summarize since it is getting confusing. This morning and ongoing there is a road closure (due to an investigation) of Bicycle Bridge Road from Route 421 to 1275W. Link

And, the location of 11036 Bicycle Bridge Rd is within the closed area. This was the location of a search warrant days after the murders due to tips. And here is a link to an article about that PRIOR action

Thanks @elmomom! I took a break for awhile because I was confused. Keeping my fingers crossed while we wait for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1