Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may not be any of those things. At all. As a (normal, sane) mother, I am sitting here trying to imagine turning in one of my children or brother if I suspected them of a brutal crime. Knowing I would most likely never be able to hug them, kiss them or see them. It would be tough. But, I’d do it.
I think it's also possible that if somebody "knows," it's only in their gut, and maybe it's a lot easier not to say anything when you don't know for sure. jmo

Edit: Sorry, cluciano63 basically said the same thing and beat me to it! :)

Last edited:
Long time lurker, first time poster. Given that this person blends in, does not appear to be a monster, and possibly helped with the search, could it be a DPW worker? In my small town, the DPW workers are known by many as they are also plowing, fixing roads, trimming branches, etc. and are usually close with the police and fire department guys (and sometimes are volunteers for these departments). The ones here play on the local softball team and seem like good guys. This could also explain "who was driving the vehicle" if it was a town water, park or highway department pickup truck/car used by several workers. A witness report of a town vehicle parked near the trails might have been dismissed early on in the investigation.
Welcome. Excellent first post thoughts. With the possibility of him parking at the abandoned CPS building, even more likely IMO.

If so, I can’t think of one good reason for LE to lie and fabricate all these details below, as opposed to a standard “not disclosing due to protecting the integrity of the investigation” which they definitely are not strangers in the use of. Blatant and unnecessary lying to the public is also the sort of thing that can bite LE in the butt during criminal trials because it damages their credibility. Would LE also lie about evidence, the jury can be left wondering. JMO

“Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description. Bryant did not draw the sketch that police released in July 2017.

"The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said....

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant....”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

I’m confused. If the theory advanced in your quoted post is accurate—in what way would the police be lying? Everything that LE said in your post would be compatible with their deciding that the sketch was more accurate than they’d believed—after they compared the (hypothetical) Parabon sketch with it.

What bothers me about the vehicle in the CPS lot is that as far as I can tell, it would have been plainly visible from Hoosier Heartland HWY, the footbridge over the HWY, the trailhead parking lot, possibly parts of W 300 N, and possibly local cameras. Especially in mid-February when the grass, shrubs, and trees are bare.
Yet it would be a perfect place to make a fast getaway

Very good synopsis and I agree with you.
Remember folks if they have a partial dna sample it can rule
people out but cannot lock people in.
they're looking for the tip that will "lock" him in.

With partial (I assume, mitochondrial) DNA with private mutations, it can very well rule in. If the mother is not from the area and there were not many girls in the family, or if DNA is super rare. Lastly, the mother may have a sister, and the sister, a son, but he has an ironclad alibi, or is of a different age. I was thinking about it...it is a more difficult work, but may be fruitful as well. In short - if they suspect someone and there is a mitomatch to a T, it is concerning.

Yet it would be a perfect place to make a fast getaway
It would, for sure. But why would you park in a highly visible location if you planned to commit a violent crime? Not only could your vehicle be seen (and maybe recognized), but you, yourself, could also be seen getting out of and into the vehicle, even if you're wet, muddy, and blood-covered.

It makes me question two things:
1) Is the vehicle even related to this crime?
2) If it was BG's vehicle, had he planned to commit a crime?

Capturing video at high res 2560x1440 (2k) will eat alot of storage space and drain a battery rather quickly.

Capturing video at low res 800x600 will hardly eat up any storage space and prolong the battery life.

I have to rescind my apology for saying you can take a pic in Snapchat and post it later and have the time on the pic as the post time (so it looks like the pic was taken with Snapchat and posted at the same time). You can. I have a pic from 4 years ago that I posted to my SC and it looks like I took the pic today. However, Im 99% sure that is not what happened and I don’t see any reason for BG or the girls to do this.

posted before i watched this - this is a much better interview than yesterday's GMA appearance imo
The nonverbal cues are what caught my eye. He’s really cautious before he speaks and when he does there is a lot of tension especially when he refers to things he’d like to say or explanations he’d like to give. I really think they’ve got a person in mind.

would dna be the same for a man and his son?...a mother and her son?.or brother with his brother?....maybe the problem is they have dna, but not sure which family member it belongs to....

What if the man who Carter refers to as ‘new young BG’ was interviewed early on. He claimed to investigators initially he joined the search on the 13th after the families plea for help was announced on social media. In fact ‘he’ tells investigators he parked at the now demolished Social Services Building during the search. Fast forward to the present and his alibi is being questioned.Perhaps his alibi is shaky during the window of opportunity.

That is all I am going to theorize on. Because what I wanted to ask is there any merit to this theory or is it just highly unlikely and lacking merit?

Thanks for reading. MOO

What if the man who Carter refers to as ‘new young BG’ was interviewed early on. He claimed to investigators initially he joined the search on the 13th after the families plea for help was announced on social media. In fact ‘he’ tells investigators he parked at the now demolished Social Services Building during the search. Fast forward to the present and his alibi is being questioned.Perhaps his alibi is shaky during the window of opportunity.

That is all I am going to theorize on. Because what I wanted to ask is there any merit to this theory or is it just highly unlikely and lacking merit?

Thanks for reading. MOO
I’d be open to that idea, if I didn’t believe they had the capability of excluding suspects with DNA.

DN and CE looked like great suspects, but law enforcement doesn’t think so.

I think DNA did that.

There are 2 different interviews with profiler John Douglas, one with ABC/GMA and another one from yesterday with INSIDE EDITION:

Video: Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid, investigator says

Who Killed Abby and Libby? 'Mindhunter' John Douglas Offers Insight Into Delphi Murders

-Nin
Can’t watch it. He probably knows his stuff, but he comes across as all about self promotion to me. I read about what he said in one of the interviews and I did not like the way he pooped all over this investigation/investigators. Too much Monday morning quarterbacking for me. He must have a new book coming out.

Can’t watch it. He probably knows his stuff, but he comes across as all about self promotion to me. I read about what he said in one of the interviews and I did not like the way he pooped all over this investigation/investigators. Too much Monday morning quarterbacking for me. He must have a new book coming out.

This was part of his book tour, so yes, it was about self promotion.

I’ve read his books, and he’s big on using the public to help apprehend killers.

His criticism is right in line with his overall philosophy of providing the public with the tools necessary to identify the killer.

The more information the public has, the more likely it is that someone will be able to spot the person in their life, who perpetrated this crime.

It would, for sure. But why would you park in a highly visible location if you planned to commit a violent crime? Not only could your vehicle be seen (and maybe recognized), but you, yourself, could also be seen getting out of and into the vehicle, even if you're wet, muddy, and blood-covered.

It makes me question two things:
1) Is the vehicle even related to this crime?
2) If it was BG's vehicle, had he planned to commit a crime?
Maybe not his car....just the one he was using that day.

I think LE believes he lives in the area using the broadest definition of the word....has/rents a cabin or flop pad. They are likely trying to firm this up. Maybe he owns/rents a property under a different business name.

The LE statement that he likely frequents the area is probably more on point. I see a guy who currently identifies as a "Hoosier forever," but is not originally from Indiana, and is wealthy enough to travel the state and beyond on a whim. Has a small support group of not so bright toadies who are willing to support him by lending cars, running errands and such...but who in no way would ever think he would do a crime like this. Basically, they adore him and/or depend on him for there livelihood. I think those are the guys that LE is trying to jolt. It remains possible that maybe a sibling has some inkling about this, but I doubt the parents do. MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member