Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #104

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do his jeans looked to be cuffed? They seem like they could be to me. I notice it because it was a bugaboo with my Dad. We used to tease him, are you waiting on the flood? I don't think cuffing jeans is particularly in style anymore? At least I don't see it around here.

I think it depends on style and cut. I'm really short so I have to cuff mine. My ex, a construction worker, always wore carpenter jeans and even though he was 5'10", they always came a few inches too long and he'd cuff them so that they didn't get hung on any equipment. But some of those jeans actually come pre-cuffed. It's just the style. (Pegging the jeans, on the other hand, is a different story. I haven't seen that since the early 90s).

I missed that. Can you give a link? So how can someone recognise his gait if it not his normal gait? That is difficult even for whoever may think they know him.

So it's not his normal gait and he may look younger than he is. Ie younger than 20-40's.

Did they say he may LOOK younger than he is, or he may APPEAR younger than he is? I thought it was “appear”, and that it might relate to his demeanour (perhaps even his intellect).

Maybe because it's an uneven surface. You don't just walk with one foot over the other on that bridge, and I don't know anyone who walks at their normal pace. There's a lot of things to sidestep, step over, etc. There are missing boards that cause you to take really big steps in some places. There are rotten boards that cause you to step gingerly in other places. Then there's whole thing about balance. If the video had been taken of him walking on level ground then it would've been a more accurate representation of his regular gait.
So unless the tip is from someone who knows him and how he walks on that bridge, it will be pretty worthless. But we can still speculate anyway.

Ps. TY and @MassGuy for the link.

I think it depends on style and cut. I'm really short so I have to cuff mine. My ex, a construction worker, always wore carpenter jeans and even though he was 5'10", they always came a few inches too long and he'd cuff them so that they didn't get hung on any equipment. But some of those jeans actually come pre-cuffed. It's just the style. (Pegging the jeans, on the other hand, is a different story. I haven't seen that since the early 90s).
I see lots of guys wearing the baggy or loose fit jeans in my area, they just let them slouch down. The work chinos have the small cuffs but don't really see the jeans cuffed up anymore. I don't know, was just something I noticed while looking for the ax/ hatchet/crowbar whatever ;)

I see lots of guys wearing the baggy or loose fit jeans in my area, they just let them slouch down. The work chinos have the small cuffs but don't really see the jeans cuffed up anymore. I don't know, was just something I noticed while looking for the ax/ hatchet/crowbar whatever ;)

They do appear to be kind of rolled at the bottom, but I can't see much of what's going on down there.

I've been reading this thread for quite some time. I'm attempting to post a link to psychology today that might statistically point to the type of suspect in this case. Please be warned that the author is rather blunt in some of the subject matter. Apologies if this link has been posted before.

Who Murders Children? Psychology Profiles Child Killers
Very interesting article! Thank you for posting it.

In the Lizzie Shelly thread there is a surveillance video of her killer AW who is wearing the same kind of pants that BG has on. He is a thin guy and it is reported he was carrying a metal bat down his back and into his pants. He has a hoodie sweatshirt on and imo it is a similar style outfit BG was wearing minus the jacket.

AW is 23 and is a skateboarder. That thought had crossed my mind as both my sons were skaters and wore that style pants. It could also be why the knee is worn or not as speculated by people.

I am not suggesting AW is BG just that the clothing is a similar style worn by males.

In the Lizzie Shelly thread there is a surveillance video of her killer AW who is wearing the same kind of pants that BG has on. He is a thin guy and it is reported he was carrying a metal bat down his back and into his pants. He has a hoodie sweatshirt on and imo it is a similar style outfit BG was wearing minus the jacket.

AW is 23 and is a skateboarder. That thought had crossed my mind as both my sons were skaters and wore that style pants. It could also be why the knee is worn or not as speculated by people.

I am not suggesting AW is BG just that the clothing is a similar style worn by males.

Yeah, I could see that.

One of the reasons that I'm not totally sold on BG wearing his dad's clothes or clothes that intentionally don't fit is because some dudes just like dressing that way. Could be part of a subculture he belongs to, could be what he likes, or he could just be fashionably challenged.

Okay, so here's where I see the danger in speculation...
[...]
We DON'T have anything to do but speculate right now. That's pretty much all we got. But IMO care still needs to be taken with it.

Well, what you described is no specialty of criminological hypothesizing. Its the general phenomenon of confirmation bias, which can be fought with critical thinking and awareness of its occurence. The problem with building a criminal hypothesis begins when one gets fixated on it and starts treating it as a solid theory (despite it lacking critical evidence), then you produce a much higher probability of confirmation bias. To avoid this - among other things - it is very helpful or actually even neccessary to keep building alternative hypotheses and over and over again start (mentally) from point zero to explore all possible angles of the case.

I generally dislike the word "speculation" because it has a negative swing to it. There is nonsensical speculation when you base your conclusions on fantasy alone ("bridge guy was a time travelling alien, thats why he never was found" - a more extreme example ^^) and there is reasonable "speculation" what is de facto the neccessary process of building a hypothesis, when you have (some) facts and probability to rely your "speculation" upon. Every investigator works with this kind of "speculation", we have to.

This is such a frustrating case. I really thought they(LE) were close to solving it. I just want justice and closure for the family

Unfortunately, I now think they(LE) have missed and possibly botched many parts of the investigation.
Disappointing to be sure! Especially for the families! I just can't imagine what it is like for them. The more that time passes, the more chance this man dies; and of course we all want him to be identified and held accountable before that happens! It would just be all the more difficult otherwise.

I realize all of this has been discussed before, in detail, but here is another summary of information.

I have been trying to articulate the vehicle / driver conundrum. This is Part 1 of why it's bothering me. Part 2 will follow in the next few days.

We have conflicting reports from LE and the media.

Are we looking for the vehicle or are we looking for the driver AND is the vehicle tied to BG or someone else entirely?

From Carter on April 22nd:

"We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi [that was abandoned - delete - later clarified] on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building."

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

From Riley on May 7th (Updated May 20th):

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

From the AP on April 22nd (but I have never actually found a quote from LE stating this),

"Carter also said police believe they know where the killer parked his car on the day of the murders. It was near a building that once housed child welfare offices."

Police release new sketch, video of suspect in Delphi murders

Oh my word! That's the last thing you'd want to tuck down your trousers. One wrong move and you could slice through the femoral artery and you're toast in minutes! :eek: Although, come to think of it, that would have been a blessing in this case.

eta: Naturally, I mean in injuring BG.

One wrong move and he definitely would've had anything in his pants anymore. Which, you know, would probably still be a blessing.

Can we agree he has a limp at least? LE were quite adamant someone would recognise his gait.

In the short segment we have of him walking, it does appear that he is "favoring" his left leg.

He does not seem to be bending his left knee as he does the right.

Of course the dangerous boards might have caused his leg and foot to avoid an area.

We would know for sure if there was a longer video of him walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member