Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading another's theory about just this and I'll share it because it could explain it, just could, not saying it does

They said, what if one of the witnesses for that composite sketch, the first one released was said to be a compilation I believe, what if they are actually the killer posing as just another hiker who came forward, describing himself in all those clothes.

What if the police discounted NSG witness's description, because it didn't match the combined others and it looked just like one of those other witnesses on the trail that day that had come forward? Oh that was so and so they saw, yeah we talked to him. Maybe because of who he was, he was cleared as soon as he came forward?

Something like that had never occured to me so I thought I'd mention it.

If that is the case then they would know who BG is IMO. They have to know who all the witnesses are that have contributed to both sketches. Unless a witness is now dead and so they cannot question them any more about their version of the sketch?

I'm not tech savvy at all (and often not quite logically thinking too :(), therefore maybe my question is verrry stupid: Is it possible, that BG changed time stamps on Libby's phone, so it wouldn't be identifiable later on, which was first: Abby's pic or video of BG? Abby's snapchat pic was sent to a friend, so the time is really 2:07h and confirmed by a person. But what is with the time of recording? Perhaps BG is a genius in changing/mixing/moving the content of a phone? He had time enough for doing something like that (if makeable), because afaik the phone was found the next day only.
No it is not a stupid question, but if he had accessed her phone, he would surely have deleted the video and destroyed the phone IMO.

SMH. It makes me dizzy. I have a high opinion of Carter, but he can be confusing. moo
I think the message was really for the killer. But if he just needs that one tip, how is anyone other than the killer to help give that one tip with the two pics and him saying the killer will look somewhere between the two? I'm baffled.

I think the message was really for the killer. But if he just needs that one tip, how is anyone other than the killer to help give that one tip with the two pics and him saying the killer will look somewhere between the two? I'm baffled.

The only thing that occurs to me is there were two similar looking guys on the trail that day, maybe brothers or cousins, and witnesses have seen one or the other. Maybe they are both associated with the vehicle parked at the CPS building. This is the confusing factor. MOO.

ETA. Or witnesses are being cagey to protect the killer because they are afraid.

Do you think the girls were still alive and being captive when the dad came looking for them? Not much time passed from the Snapchat picture of Abby to the time of the dad's arrival.

A thought i have considerd is that Libby's dad calling her phone may have been what made him abort abducting them and having to kill them before he got to do what he wanted to do. He left the phone because he knew LE or an app could track him with it.

Two years ago i thought maybe they were killed around 2:40 or so, I now believe it was 2:30 or so.

JM's YT channel has videos of the areas in question, hope this helps.

Julie Melvin

On one of the shows (maybe Dr Phil) someo e said the video of BG was time stamped at 235. The billboards also stated the time of @ 230. I would guess 245 to 250 as the earliest to get to them 70 ft away and herd them DTH and across the creek.

Others saw him on or near the trail, too. Nothing new about that, really.

A witness was walking their dog, and turned around at the bridge/end of the trail, and there was BG coming down the trail. I don't have a link It's been over two years, now, a lot of links for MSM reports about the case are now dead ends.

The witness said they passed BG, then passed A&L but didn't exchange any dialogue with the girls.

There were many people there that day, at various times. Describing when the girls were dropped off, Libby's sister has mentioned that there were "lots of kids" there, or something to that extent. So I'd imagine there were quite a few witnesses who saw BG, in that general area, whether up close or at a distance.

JMO

-FD
It seems kind of odd that 2 young teen girls would not have fussed over a dog. I dont think it was the dog walking lady who passed the girls for that reason.

That is a terrifying idea. :eek: I hope not, and unless he's someone who works in telecommunications at a highly specialized level I can't imagine he'd be able to manipulate her phone network's data - I don't think the timestamps would just be on her phone. But I don't know that for sure, and if it is possible, that is a huge security liability for pretty much everyone who's plugged into any sort of connective device. :(

Now I'm thoroughly creeped out, and I have questions for my son who actually does this stuff for a living, but I'm not calling him at this hour! 'Night folks.

It may be possu le to make it appear different with photoshopped or something like that the phones memory would be there. Even if he could alter it the tech forensics would have shown the altering of the time.

I dont think BG ever touched her phone to do anything on screen. There would have been prints on it as he would have to take off gloves (if he wore them) and just the way we hold phones to do anything there would be prints everywhere. It would take a bit of cleaning to get them all off.

I'm not tech savvy at all (and often not quite logically thinking too :(), therefore maybe my question is verrry stupid: Is it possible, that BG changed time stamps on Libby's phone, so it wouldn't be identifiable later on, which was first: Abby's pic or video of BG? Abby's snapchat pic was sent to a friend, so the time is really 2:07h and confirmed by a person. But what is with the time of recording? Perhaps BG is a genius in changing/mixing/moving the content of a phone? He had time enough for doing something like that (if makeable), because afaik the phone was found the next day only.

Ironically SC was glitching yesterday and the kiddos posts were showing that they were posted in 1969. Neither one of us had even been born. I’m sure LE would’ve known if that had happened since it effected every app user.

On one of the shows (maybe Dr Phil) someo e said the video of BG was time stamped at 235. The billboards also stated the time of @ 230. I would guess 245 to 250 as the earliest to get to them 70 ft away and herd them DTH and across the creek.

Interesting, and thank you for sharing. First I've heard of an official time stamp for the video.

So perhaps it was around 2:45 when they were killed. It wouldn't take long to walk the 500 or so feet to the CS, even with a creek in the way.

JMO

-FD

No, people develop the 6th sense that warns them of danger. I think she felt “danger”, she just did not know that he was a killer.

I went through a situation to prove this, so I know this feeling, when you suddenly see big red letters “danger” before your eyes. This is the only thing I am positive of. I don’t know who the BG was, his age, I am prepared to doubt everything, but not this.

I am 100% sure that Libby had the same feeling that had once warned me. “Danger” you feel, you just don’t know what kind of a danger it could be. I think that she might have taken him for a garden-variety pervert, not for a killer.

I'm not sure why you started with "no," for I didnt see anything in ur response that really applied to show that I was wrong in my thinking. ‍♂️

I didnt say she knew she would be killed...but the consensus is that she had the wherewithal to record the guy, but doing that doesnt stop him from proceeding. He likely didn't even know he was being recorded.

If she felt danger, or this 6th sense u mention, filming wouldnt prevent the danger from coming. Calling someone, or pretending to call someone would/could.

Unless he approached quickly and she had no choice...she had no time to call or act like she was on the phone with someone, chosing, instead, to record him is a strange choice imo. And I think most if not all of us has had a sense of danger before. I dont think that is an exclusive feeling to just u and Libby. So to use that to discredit my point/question is also a strange choice to me.

I keep thinking about the clothes. In the witness descriptions who was wearing the blue jacket..the OBG or the NBG? Or perhaps it was neither and the clothes were put on just before crossing the bridge. If there were two people then the witnesses must have also described their clothes. JMO that nobody saw him after because he walked through the trees and up to the road.

I asked and Tricia has given permission for this video of Doug Carter's YouTube interview from last week to be posted!

Thank you Tricia!

So that is an interesting development. Carter says they know more now than they did since the last press conference in April. I wonder if one of the recent tips has been beneficial..

I also think that the perp did not participate in the search. Because he probably was scratched by Libby. He could not risk it.

Now, if he showed at school/work/church/home scratched the next day? Did his friends/family/coworkers remember the scratches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper