Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #105

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note: I saw a pic someone took from the crime scene area facing the bridge looking across the creek and you can actually see the south end of the bridge from the scene. Granted it’s through a bunch of trees, but it’s pretty clear. I was really surprised by that.
Respectfully snipped for focus.
This is a very important call out. While this is complete *speculation* on my part, it defies my logic to think the murderous attack would have taken place within sight of the bridge/potential spectators. The noise alone, and especially in the outdoors would have carried?

The crime scene analysts would know almost immediately if the girls were murdered where they were found, or brought back. I know that Libby was not a small girl, and would have been harder to transport. If they were returned to the spot they were found, it seems as if they would have been either dragged, or there was an accomplice. Either way, it would have required strength.
If you have ever attempted to carry a six year old sleeping child, let alone dead remains of a 13-14 year old, you know it's not easy.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I respectfully disagree. I think he’s around on a pretty consistent basis but people don’t view him as “the type” of person that would do this.
Conversely, he could be a guy that pops in and out of town for nefarious reasons and connections and isn't someone the decent towns people pay much attention to because he's just not the kind of guy they would have associations with. JMO

People like the Tom Brady avatar, clearly.

I deleted my post because I was :eek:mocking MassGuy’s avatar bearing the likeness of the Tom Brady in his #12 jersey.

I believe I was acting out because I’m :Djealous of MassGuy having the most likes.

I will post again after my time out. Thanks for being understanding. I’m really working on my social skills.:p I had this same problem in Junior High School.

Last edited:
MOO, MOO and MOO in the post below.
I am no expert either but, after listening to the audio many times, I think I hear a flat undertone in the way he says his words. It reminds me of the way people in Minnesota speak- (I have numerous step-family in MN.) He sounds like a typical middle or northern Indiana resident, with an undertone of MN thrown in. Any MN residents hear it as well?

For those WS ers who are not familiar with or do not live in Indiana: The closer you get to the Kentucky-Indiana state line, the more Indiana residents speak with a southern accent/drawl. The closer to KY, the stronger the accent. I don't hear southern accent in his words.

Me neither. I hear Southern accent in the way BP speaks, but not in this guy’s words.

(However, I know some people straight of KY, without a trace of the southern accent)

Now, MN is interesting. It does not border with IN, but it borders with IA.

Could it be Northern IA? Close to MN?

That could bring him potentially closer to Evanston in some point of his life. (And that would put him in the older age group; it is entirely possible).

There’s been some speculation from former law enforcement officials, that they were reluctant to release the video, because of the strange way he is walking (on account of the deteriorated surface).

That does make some sense to me, but I’m not sold on that idea.

Here is what I don’t understand. His gait is not a secret that only he knows, it is his identifying trait. And no one knows if the gait looks unusual only because of the shaky surface.

The LE may know better, of course.

I know a lot of people think it's a hopeless cold case now. I think the opposite. I find hopefullness in the change.

I don’t think it’s hopeless, but I do think it’s cold. I hate even typing that, because I want so much for him to be found and brought to justice. Emotion makes me want to be optimistic, but I just don’t see anything that looks that way logically. I hope I’m wrong and that we hear soon that there’s an arrest.

This is a very important call out. While this is complete *speculation* on my part, it defies my logic to think the murderous attack would have taken place within sight of the bridge/potential spectators. The noise alone, and especially in the outdoors would have carried?

The crime scene analysts would know almost immediately if the girls were murdered where they were found, or brought back. I know that Libby was not a small girl, and would have been harder to transport. If they were returned to the spot they were found, it seems as if they would have been either dragged, or there was an accomplice. Either way, it would have required strength.
If you have ever attempted to carry a six year old sleeping child, let alone dead remains of a 13-14 year old, you know it's not easy.

You can see the bridge from the scene, but I’m not sure how well you could see scene from the bridge. There are a lot of trees.

With the Rhoden murders, though, it seemed pretty obvious from the very beginning who was responsible. Due to ToS there wasn't much we could say about that on this site because those people had not been charged, but elsewhere on the 'net the question was no so much "who" but "when will they finally get arrested". That's not so in this case, though. Some people think they know-one group over here thinks it's Person A and that guy over there thinks it's Person B, and so on, but there's no real unanimous conclusions being drawn. No big open secret in Delphi. Nobody really knows.

And at least, there was some connection between the Rhodens and the perps, and a potential motive. Here, nothing.

You can see the bridge from the scene, but I’m not sure how well you could see scene from the bridge. There are a lot of trees.
ITA. The SC pic of Abby is potentially the view north in the general direction of the side of the creek the girls were found and the view in that direction is very wooded and hilly, so is obscured IMO.

TJ and GK5 - both have their own threads. GK5 is the Nicole Bowen thread linked in my signature. (Actually there could be 5 potential murderers just in that case)

Ah, ok. I know of both but was thinking in terms of relativity to Abby & Libby. Thanks for the clarification. I really thought I'd missed something, despite trying to keep up here.:confused:

As cutiekitty said, you may be able to see the bridge from the crime scene but not vice versa.

And what if there weren't any sounds from the murders? What if there was no screaming. Several people on here have shared personal anecdotes abour being attacked and many did not scream or make noise because they panicked or froze. In horror movies the woman is screaming at the top of her lungs as she dashes through the forest. In real life sometimes people freeze, they panic, they get dry mouth, the attack comes on too quickly for them to process it and react...

I don’t think it is likely that walking on that bridge would be a place to try out a disguised gait...

Agree, cluciano. In order to disguise a gait, someone has to be aware of their specific gait characteristics IMO. Most people are not aware of how they walk, but may be aware of how others walk.

When walking that particular bridge I am pretty sure, that muscle memory will beat disguise due to height of the bridge and focusing on missing/ deteriorated railroad ties.

I also suggest, that our guy characteristically not only walks a lot with his hands in pockets, but that he seems to have a very specific way of laterally moving his head while walking. You can see it in the ISP video! Now, hands in pocket and lateral head movements are mannerisms to me.

I would not be surprised if BG has some issues with being somewhat "clumsy" with his body movements during his daily routines. It could mean bumping into stuff like walls or people, when there is lack of clearance. Just saying.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members