Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I know its been mentioned and I may sound like an echo, but I am really trying hard to understand why they didn't release the video and 'extended' audio 2 plus years ago.

Both items that LE released on April 22nd would not have compromised their case in any way, or they wouldn't have released it at all. Period. JMO

It makes sense to me that the additional audio that they haven't released contains something that the general public doesn't need to hear if the crime has already started taking place.

JMO, but I believe that the audio of the girls talking about the man behind them before the crime takes place also mentions something very specific about the suspect that only the perp would know, which is why they have not released that portion of the audio.

Could releasing the video 2 years ago have led to an arrest by now? Who knows? By the time it was released, I almost felt like I had already seen it based on the GIFs that some of the clever sleuther's here had created with the 3 photographs.

That video has a gold mine of information... but only if the right person actually knows what they're supposed to be looking for!

LE seems to think that if the right person is paying attention, that they will notice his 'mannerisms' and it'll click in someones mind that it is 'Joe Blow'.

The thing is.... will that right person clue in that putting your hands in your pockets while walking, or slightly hunching your shoulders forward while walking, or stuffing your pockets and jacket full of stuff can be considered mannerisms? Can they be considered mannerisms?

I don't see him spitting, smoking, or having any facial tics in that brief clip. I do see him favouring that right leg/knee of his when he steps ever-so-slightly though! I also see him wearing a hat with a hooodie on top! Is that a mannerism?

Maybe LE releasing one more detail that isn't a mannerism, like his shoe size (if they know it) could make the difference between the right person calling or not calling in that tip.

LE has a very tough job with breaking open this case and I respect the hell out of them for everything that they've done and that they're doing so far.

JMO etc.
Edited to clarify a detail.

Last edited:
dbm
so as not to cause confusion. lol

Last edited:
I might have mentioned this before. Maybe BG does have something in particular about the way he walks or the way he holds himself. My hubby has a particular stature. Before we were a couple, (but knew each other a little bit) my bff and I just happened to stop at a beach. We were just sitting on the sand watching the waves and from afar I recognized my now hubby....by a certain little thing about how he carries himself, walks, posture, etc. I couldn't even see his features on his face....but I knew it was him.
Someone recognizes something about BG imo.

Thanks for your summary! It’s really great to know the families remain cohesive in their endeavour to seek answers. Was Sgt Riley present as well? If so that also puts rumours at rest over the families being on the outs with the investigation taking on a new direction.

Yes! Riley was on one of the panels I saw, sitting right beside Mike, and they both discussed what good friends they had become throughout this tragedy, and I witnessed the camaraderie! It was absolutely heartwarming (while heartbreaking) to see, and any doubts I had about Mike's character have completely changed. He was so sincere and totally put himself out there in front of 1000s of people to be judged, and I think that takes not only balls, but it tells me he is willing to risk anything and everything to help find this killer. ( I mention this bc, honestly, I questioned him as a possible suspect, and that WAS mentioned in both of the lectures I attended with Mike present). He (and both families) were also asking people to buy and please wear t-shirts with the girls photos and the tip line number on them and made it very clear he did not care about the money, he only wanted people to buy them for more exposure to the case. There was no doubt in my mind about his sincerity in that statement. They all seemed to truly feel like they are just one tip away from catching this guy, so using the t-shirts as walking billboards was a focal point for them at CrimeCon (and beyond.)

I know it was a day off from school, but IMO, the murder being around Valentine’s Day is extremely significant. V-day was a trigger, IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I still believe one of the girls was communicating online with someone and was going to meet up with him that day. Snapchat deletes all posts within seconds , which is perfect for youth making sure their parents don’t track their online conversations . This also makes finding who posted messages difficult for LE. There is no tracking possible. I think it is likely there were two perpetrators. Just doesn’t seem likely to me that one person could do this crime without help...considering the girls’ ages and that it wasn’t guaranteed there wouldn’t be other hikers....after all, it was an unusually warm day. I also think the new sketch....that they had already right at the beginning of the investigation....may have depicted a person who was a minor at the time and therefore they couldn’t post it publicly as a POI....due to laws protecting minors. Now he is no longer a minor and that may be why LE say they are confident someone will now call in who hasn’t already . I think the photo is of the older person that also partook in the crime. The girls took his photo because they were expecting a teenager to meet them and they got creeped out. I also think the “hey guys” in the audio may be the young guy... and the “ down the hill “ is the old guy seen in the photo. I also hear water flowing in the new audio....not that it’s any big secret they were near running water below the bridge.

Re: the PC asking if anyone had seen the car to phone in....makes sense to me. I am very aware of “odd” or out of the ordinary occurrences in my community and transit routes. It is possible someone saw that car parked and thought it out of place but didn’t think yet to contact LE.

Finally, I suspect LE are trying to get one of the perps to turn in the other....one of the goals of the PC. I think they have a lot of dots that just don’t connect yet with rock solid evidence. All my own speculation of course. Sorry for the long post, but I have been waiting to read everything here first.

This is for anyone that lives where the billboards are up (there are none in my state)...Do the billboards still list BG as last seen at 2:30? I saw one from a media report on 2/24/17, that had the time listed. Otherwise, my google image searches just pull up billboards with last seen - Delphi, Indiana. This is even on the NBG billboards.
Hello Cutiekitty and All Posters,
I think this is what you asked for?

2.5 years Abby & Libby thread #106 hopefully ‘we can help each other’ find obscure archived files.:p Credit to Administrator Steleheart thankfully I put in my notes. This was way back on one of the earlier threads perhaps ‘Threads Numbered way back in the 80’s’?

56DC50DE-A467-4911-95C6-DF3670FF9F0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Cutiekitty and All Posters,
I think this is what you asked for?

2.5 years Abby & Libby thread #106 hopefully ‘we can help each other’ find obscure archived files.:p

View attachment 188697

Yep, That’s the one I saw from the 2017 media report. I’m trying to determine if they still put the time on the billboards. If not, I wonder why it was removed. I’m sure it has been thoroughly analyzed. Got to get better at searching threads.

What did she say about it?
She was just giving an example of something someone may have seen which had nothing to do with this case.
She explained why LE would not give the name of a specific vehicle when asking the public for information. She said if LE said it was a white Chevy, for example, thousands of tips would come in and each one would have to be investigated. However, if someone called and described the correct car, and said they saw a man with a machete, LE would pay attention. That's all. Imo

Last edited:
Do LE state why they are certain the man in he photo is the perpetrator?

The key to the identity of the suspect is Libby’s cellphone video, photo and audio.

BBM

When the audio was initially released -

This young lady is a hero," Slocum said. "There's no doubt. To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur, there's no doubt that young lady is a hero."
UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

Then more recently -

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered.
UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

And the connection between the audio and photo/video -

The new audio clip is a slightly extended version of the original, which was released days after the girls were murdered and includes the word "Guys" followed by "Down the Hill."
"Please keep in mind that the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls" Carter said. "This is not two people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully."...”

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

Do any of you think that having the video of the BG is possibly making this harder to solve in some way? The video image is so poor that you cannot tell what the person looks like, so your brain fills in the missing details with inaccurate details (most likely). I think most people have an image of an older man with a hat on similar to the guy in the first sketch they released. People are trying to recall someone they know that wears a blue jacket like the BG. There is a good chance that the jacket is something that he rarely (if ever) wore before so it wouldn't be familiar to his friends/family. Residents of Delphi have racked their brains looking for someone that day that was wearing that outfit. After the crime was committed, the man probably disposed of the blue jacket and hoodie. If the suspect is actually much younger (as sketch 2 suggests) then he could have walked around town in jeans and a t-shirt after the crime and nobody would have suspected a thing because he looked nothing like the man in the video. Someone probably saw something suspicious that day in Delphi but since it didn't match the image in the video, they discounted it.

Also the BG's gait in the video is probably quite different than it would be while walking down the street since he is crossing an old railroad bridge that requires him to sidestep holes and watch his footing carefully. His everyday "street gait" would be very different and wouldn't trigger people to think he's the man in the video.

Having a photograph or video of a perpetrator is invaluable if it provides hair color, weight, eye color, straight/crooked teeth, nose shape, etc. Unfortunately, the image of BG from the video doesn't provide any of that information. I think the only thing that most people can agree on is that he is wearing jeans and a blue coat/jacket.

Good thought - makes a lot of sense.

It’s exif data and most smart phones have this turned off as the default. I do not know why LG would switch hers to on. The only way to get that info as far as I know is from the original photo and not from something received via SC.

Edit: you can add a filter that puts the time on your pic, but you have to manually do this before posting and it’s huge. The pic LG took was really nice. Can’t see her ruining it with a big ugly timestamp.

Edit: typo

Google Image Result for https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/lookaside/crawler/media/?media_id=338779153197064

My understanding from various msm reports is that she uploaded the photo taken on her phone to her Snapchat. If so, the phone photo in the phone photo directory listing has a time stamp. There also appears to be a relative timestamp on the original SC photo, perhaps as part of the upload.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member