Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I agree. Having lived both in the South and in the North...the only person I think we can rule out is someone who grew up in the South or the far Northeast. Southerners never say "Guys" - always, "Y'all" and true Yankees say "Youse Guys" or even "You-ens"... . So Indiana is midwestern so I am guessing Guys is pretty common practice. In the audio, there is no distinct southern drawl or northern "Mennisoda" accent. This guy is probably local within a state's radius.

bbm

As an older southern I can say the bolded statement is a misconception. We frequently use the term "guys". Lived here all my life - heard and used it all my life, directed at females and males alike.

moo

Just for the purposes of pure speculation and maybe even wishful thinking:

What do you think the chances are that the true murderer is in the top 5 list of suspects the police already have?

Based on the tone of the April presser, which in my opinion DC was speaking directly to the killer, I feel confident that LE have his name at or near the top of their suspect pool. It seems they are missing some crucial information needed to make an arrest.

bbm

As an older southern I can say the bolded statement is a misconception. We frequently use the term "guys". Lived here all my life - heard and used it all my life, directed at females and males alike.

moo
Yeah, I kind of feel like if the word, "guys," itself was important, LE would have released it at the same time ans the original "down the hill." I think maybe they just wanted to release a little more (especially because the public seemed to demand it), but without it being something to jeopardize the case.

bbm

moo
As a Connecticut Yankee I can say the Youse Guys is really a NYC thing and I've never heard You-ens. We say Y'all a lot but its not drawled out so reall it's a You all. I've heard Guys used a lot between friends or authority figures talking to a group.

As a Connecticut Yankee I can say the Youse Guys is really a NYC thing and I've never heard You-ens. We say Y'all a lot but its not drawled out so reall it's a You all. I've heard Guys used a lot between friends or authority figures talking to a group.
Guys, I actually say "guys" all the time, to every gender and age group.

I personally think they do and are having problems joining all the dots.

Personal opinion only. They have most the pieces to the jigsaw puzzle but are having problems fitting it together to make the whole picture. That is why they continue to look for the one or two missing pieces .

But that is just me and they way I think.

MingyMoo

bbm

moo

We use "guys" in Canada too. I don't think the word is that significant, but since it may in some cases be more associated with the younger generation LE may have released that word to convince the public that BG is much younger than initially portrayed to be. Changing sketches was a big shift, and hearing the difference in tone of voice between 'guys' and 'down the hill' helped me see BG as a younger individual.

I've often wondered about the exact terminology A&L used when talking about 'the man' behind them (from their 'girl talk' recording). I asked my teen daughters how they would differentiate between 'boy', 'guy', and 'man' if they saw a male stranger on a trail and had to describe him. Based on their responses I would think A&L would have referenced BG as a 'boy' if he appeared to be younger than themselves. I think they would have called BG a 'guy' if he appeared to be a teenager or college age male (20-something). My girls thought they would say 'man' only if he looked 'old' or 'like a dad'. A really old male they would call a 'grandpa' or 'senior'. So if in fact A&L used the term 'man' to describe the person following them, it leads me to believe that he appeared, from their perspective, to be someone 30-40. Maybe it is the clothing that is making him seem older.

This is the part in Sgt Holeman's August '17 interview where he is asked about the girls getting from the bridge to where they were found. His answer is taken to mean the girls crossed the creek. See what you think.

A: When you walked down and I walked through, that was private property right where the bodies were found. Looking at it logistically from where they were on the bridge and to where their bodies were found, I know we talked about the terrain in the past. I know it's not an easy thing to navigate. Usually you might have to be familiar with the area. I mean, would it have been difficult for the girls to from where they were on the bridge to where they were found?

H: [10:49] Yeah. Absolutely. I think it would be difficult, obviously. They have to go through some pretty steep terrain in a wooded area, sticker bushes and things like that, so it's uh ... and then to cross the creek. The creek, and obviously it's February, it's probably not the warmest . The weather was a warm day that day, but still the water temperature is probably cooler than the air temperature. So yeah, it would have been difficult for .... I mean, I don't think anybody, say on a walk, would walk that way.

I think this is the only place it is mentioned and he is saying it would be difficult. I'm not sure he is saying they did it. I'm 50/50 on it.

Sorry guys, I'm back on this. Thanks again, @tresir2012 for posting the Q&A transcription. I'm curious what other people take from this, as I know some interpret it as hypothetical. It's hard to tell.

Personally, I think he's saying they crossed the creek and went through the woods, but not necessarily for the fun of it. The interviewer said nothing about the creek, per say, so why did he bring it up unless they had crossed it? JMO...today.

Even for a predator you have a set of balls to attack not one but two in that area. Two changes everything. It either means he did this before and somehow by some miracle hasnt been caught which I highly doubt because it is too brazen or he knew them or knew of them and it was a planned hit.

Or he knew them or of them and it wasn’t supposed to end in murder, but it did.

Yep, I agree. Having lived both in the South and in the North...the only person I think we can rule out is someone who grew up in the South or the far Northeast. Southerners never say "Guys" - always, "Y'all" and true Yankees say "Youse Guys" or even "You-ens"... . So Indiana is midwestern so I am guessing Guys is pretty common practice. In the audio, there is no distinct southern drawl or northern "Mennisoda" accent. This guy is probably local within a state's radius.

Southerner here (deep ya’ll saying south) and I say guys. Lots of people do. Ya’ll, of course, is also very popular.

Sorry guys, I'm back on this. Thanks again, @tresir2012 for posting the Q&A transcription. I'm curious what other people take from this, as I know some interpret it as hypothetical. It's hard to tell.

Personally, I think he's saying they crossed the creek and went through the woods, but not necessarily for the fun of it. The interviewer said nothing about the creek, per say, so why did he bring it up unless they had crossed it? JMO...today.

Maybe the reporter asked about it when they were previously at the scene. It seems that the route there was a previous topic of discussion.

Recently Holeman said people are picking things up in the news and that the re-enactments are wrong (I think it was on the A&E website). I haven’t seen one yet that doesn’t have them going across the creek. I admit, I haven’t seen every re-enactment out there though.

I go back and forth myself with it. If they went across the creek I think they ran away and weren’t led there.

I’ve definitely heard Youse or youse guys in Jersey. I kind of like it, but ya’ll or guys is what’s natural for me regardless of gender.

Maybe the reporter asked about it when they were previously at the scene. It seems that the route there was a previous topic of discussion.

Recently Holeman said people are picking things up in the news and that the re-enactments are wrong (I think it was on the A&E website). I haven’t seen one yet that doesn’t have them going across the creek. I admit, I haven’t seen every re-enactment out there though.

I go back and forth myself with it. If they went across the creek I think they ran away and weren’t led there.
I know. That comment makes me rethink everything. I haven't seen all the reenactments, either, so I'm always wondering what's wrong.

Because of the use of "would" I am doubtful. If he wanted to convey that they did actually cross the creek he would have used the past tense (notice how I say he "would have used" in the same way?)
The interviewer posed the question as a hypothetical question. Would it have been difficult.....?

So I believe, if it had happened , the exchange would have been like this, (notice I use "would have been" for the hypothetical again)

A. I mean, WAS it difficult for the girls to (go) from where they were on the bridge to where they were found?

H: Yeah. Absolutely. I think it WAS difficult, obviously. They have to go through some pretty steep terrain in a wooded area, sticker bushes and things like that, so it's uh ... and then to cross the creek. The creek, and obviously it's February, it's probably not the warmest . The weather was a warm day that day, but still the water temperature is probably cooler than the air temperature. So yeah, it WAS difficult for ....

If just the three WAS words above replace the "would have been" and "would be" then the whole thing then becomes certain. If the reporter had just asked, "Did they cross the creek" we know what he would have answered right? Integrity, blah blah etc.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member