Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there is a difference of opinion between the investigators. Perhaps Carter is the only one who believes the killer will be "somewhere between the two sketches"? Wasn't it stated/clarified after the PC that the sketches are two different people? moo
If it is age related and they cannot tell the age by the video, as posters have discussed a lot on here, then IMO that could explain that comment.

I wonder if there is a difference of opinion between the investigators. Perhaps Carter is the only one who believes the killer will be "somewhere between the two sketches"? Wasn't it stated/clarified after the PC that the sketches are two different people? moo
They also said OBG sketch was no longer a POI IIRC ????

I am thinking you are right.... a disagreement for a variety of reasons, probably. Start by thinking about how folks get appointed to the head of the state police in any state.

Just turned on the Triumph channel on XM radio and Nancy Grace is covering this case. Unfortunately I only have it in my car so can’t listen to all of it. I wonder if there will be a transcript available .

Yes, I see something very similar. Two different scenarios, depending on whether the girls crossed the creek: the girls crossed the creek, BG crossed the bridge and cut them off, or, like you said, the girls crossed back over the bridge, and were led to the spot via the east side.

I do think there was some kind of encounter prior to the south end of the bridge. I think that's why Libby took the video, and they were heard talking about where to go. So did the girls decide to cross the creek to get back to their ride and avoid BG altogether, or did they step off the bridge until BG reached the end, and then they got back on and crossed the bridge, with BG either on their heels, or they let him cross back first? My only issue with the second scenario is why would BG come all the way across just to turn around and cross again, and then wait for them to come back? Why not skip the crossing all together if he didn't plan to attack at the south end?

I know I've said it before, but my interpretation of the background noise on the audio is running water. I think "down the hill" was said nearer the creek, not the top of the bridge.

All MOO

To your question... my gut feeling is when he approached them on the south end of the bridge, that he may not have had any intent other than to look at them and scare them. But maybe one of the girls giggled or stared at him like he was weird... and that set him off. He turned around, crossed back over the bridge and maybe got angrier and angrier.. to where he decided to really teach them a lesson.

I don't know. that's only a guess. I do not think the girls went into the creek at all. it was all back and forth on the bridge until they were steered down the hill against their will.

If it is age related and they cannot tell the age by the video, as posters have discussed a lot on here, then IMO that could explain that comment.

Agree. Sketches are not photos as he said.
The sketches look very similar to me.
Now that there is a younger age shift, you can see in the old guy sketch, a conspicuous absence of age lines and other aging details artists use to convey middle age.

Last edited:
I am thinking you are right.... a disagreement for a variety of reasons, probably. Start by thinking about how folks get appointed to the head of the state police in any state.

Not sure what you're hinting at. I do know he has experience with the agency.

"Superintendent Carter previously served 18 years with the state police from November 1984 until December of 2002"

Douglas G. Carter takes Oath of Office as Superintendent of the Indiana State Police from Indiana State Police-Headquarters - Statewide : Nixle

ETA: "elected office of Sheriff of Hamilton County, serving two terms from January 2003 to December 2010"

Popped in to catch up after a day or so. All getting a bit tetchy :) So I hope my post gets everyone back on the non-controversial track.

Re accents and terminology : I agree with the prev UK poster who stated it's great to hear the internal U.S accent debate.

It'd help if Y'all spoke and wrote proper English.

( Runs and Hides. :p)

Popped in to catch up after a day or so. All getting a bit tetchy :) So I hope my post gets everyone back on the non-controversial track.

Re accents and terminology : I agree with the prev UK poster who stated it's great to hear the internal U.S accent debate.

Tetchy sketchy. :-)

I blame anything I say that's illogical or improper on autocorrect. ;)

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”
Ok this does ring a bell now. Wasn't this discussed that ISP Carter was saying a combination of the video/pictures and the NBG sketch? I don't believe he meant the OBG composite drawing. I though ISP had said that sketch was no longer to be considered.

Edit: I stand corrected. ISP Carter did state a combination of the two sketches

Last edited:
In this interview Indiana State Police Superintendent Carter clears up his opinion on the two sketches. About the 4:10 mark, he talks about when the perp is caught, he will be somewhere between the two sketches.

Ok I stand corrected. I find that very hard to understand now. I personally see no similarity between the two sketches. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18