Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there was much question about controlling two victims. He had to have controlled them through fear, a weapon or physical restraint, or something similar. Always thought he posed as LE with handcuffs for trespassing.

I was just thinking yesterday it wouldn't require a lot of room to stash some handcuffs and duct tape in your jacket. Shackling a couple of people together at the ankle in that terrain?

I was just thinking yesterday it wouldn't require a lot of room to stash some handcuffs and duct tape in your jacket. Shackling a couple of people together at the ankle in that terrain?
Or handcuff one of each girls' wrists together. Makes it a lot more convenient to control as one. Easy to remove before leaving and they'd be found side by side. Just random thoughts...

Or handcuff one of each girls' wrists together. Makes it a lot more convenient to control as one. Easy to remove before leaving. Just random thoughts...
Security guard....I know it's not impossible, but I would hope that this type of mental deviance/imbalance would be weeded out in the LE hiring process. I guess I'm just such a supporter of The Thin Blue Line I don't want to even consider the possibility.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Im on phone too SR.

Try scrolling the picture like you would google street view?

It should allow you to at least focus on the interviewee?
Yeah I'm not getting it. It's so annoying that 360. I turn the phone and it pops the same way just smaller. The interview with KG, you see more of the place they're in than you can see of KG or JR. They come up as tiny little people, can't see facial expressions at all. Guesz my Samsung doesnt play well with that tech.

Really interesting speculation I hadn't considered. If this is the case, the autopsy probably will have likely shown marks on the wrists consistent with that type of restraint.

IMO always thought that in initial presser, entire row of LE looked in shock. That's originally why I thought the audio was really bad or it revealed BG posed as LE. Planned attack, mentally prepared. Also crime of opportunity. But I also thought maybe not from area. Which I think back now where many here have repeatedly talked about crime and distance so I was probably wrong there IMO with all that I have learned on this site. Thread 109. So many helpers here.

I’m just really sad the killer has not been arrested yet. I was so, so hopeful after the press conference and new sketch.

Ya know, as others have stated, I'm not feeling the new sketch. I never have. I just can't match the sketch up with the actual pictures and video that I have seen with my own eyes.

I will say that I heard alarm bells go off when I saw Paul Etter's picture.

What is your basis for eliminating anyone she met at Purdue as a potential suspect? I think her time there should be carefully examined, and the connections she made.

Well I suppose anything is possible. I just don’t think the girls were targeted. I’m leaning toward a crime of opportunity. That’s why they don’t have a POI.

Yeah I'm not getting it. It's so annoying that 360. I turn the phone and it pops the same way just smaller. The interview with KG, you see more of the place they're in than you can see of KG or JR. They come up as tiny little people, can't see facial expressions at all. Guesz my Samsung doesnt play well with that tech.
Hmmm.

Im very untechnical SR, hopefully tresir of someone techy can help?

Are you putting a finger on the actual screen and scrolling the pic?!

Well I suppose anything is possible. I just don’t think the girls were targeted. I’m leaning toward a crime of opportunity. That’s why they don’t have a POI.
Time will tell. I see this differently, which makes the discussion and this forum really interesting. Your theory gives me a chance to examine this from a different perspective.

In my amateur profile, he knew of Libby from her classes at Purdue, catfished her on SM (or didn't even catfish; perhaps he wanted to "mentor" her in a subject and she was flattered an older guy was taking an interest), and the meeting time/place was prescriptive. I think Abby was a surprise to him.

Of course, just amateur speculation and opinion

He doesn't look like the new sketch, but he does look like some frames of the video of BG. suicide seems like a drastic act in the face of rape charges (the way they are currently handled), so he probably has other crimes behind him. Not sure what to think.

I think the new possible suspect Paul Etter look a lot like the old sketch, sketch nr 1.

Paul Etter's current home address is located
17 min (12,7 mil) from Delphi.

Last edited:
Virtually a Detective, Case 101: DELPHI |

Are you clicking on the ' go to jr's youtube ' link within the linked page? If so, scroll past and use the episode list?

See if these individual links work

The Prologue

Episode 1 Drive to Delphi

Episode 2 Becky Patty

Episode 3 Becky Patty

Episode 4 Kelsie

Episode 5 The Bridge

Episode 6 Anna

Episode 7 Tobe

Episode 8 Kelsie

Episode 9 Anna

Episode 10 Tobe

once it is playing put your finger on the screen (or sometimes two fingers and move from right to left and the view goes from one to the other. you cant' seem to watch both Renner and the interviewee's, but you don't really need to watch Renner. Hope I got the subjects right alongside the episodes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member