Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's accurate he is really overweight.
Not necessarily IMO. If he is on the taller side of that (5’8’’) and lower weight (180), I’d say that could be more “thick” or possibly even chubby. Depends on how muscular as well.

The thing that is most odd to me is that the video of BG does not look like those height and weight parameters to me regardless. He looks taller than 5’8’’ and much thinner than 180-200 lbs. JMO.

Trying to think this through... so would he have given a fake name when he gave the description of the man seen at FB? That would only work if he was not known in the area.
No, I don't think he gave a fake name. I think he came forward as a witness as he was seen leaving the crime scene in order to not be listed as a perp. Maybe he saw that video the night it was released and figured he can come forward to say he saw that guy in the video and 'help' with the description to throw everyone off his trail. Making a sketch look way different than himself, saying definitely not blue eyes, reddish brown hair. If he ran into people who knew him on the trail, he knew he had to cover his tracks in some way. Also thinking that maybe he was trying to get out unnoticed to get to the car but there were too many others out that day to go unnoticed. Again, just trying to tie that last press conference into the whole picture.

Not necessarily IMO. If he is on the taller side of that (5’8’’) and lower weight (180), I’d say that could be more “thick” or possibly even chubby. Depends on how muscular as well.

The thing that is most odd to me is that the video of BG does not look like those height and weight parameters to me regardless. He looks taller than 5’8’’ and much thinner than 180-200 lbs. JMO.

Thick is overweight to me. The height and weight charts I reference say 5'8" and 173 lb is "heavy".

I agree though he does look a lot thinner.

I think he is about 5'8" and 170 lbs. That coat is huge and bunches up at the arms and clearly is far too big in the middle but acts to cover various things like hoodie, gun, scarf, etc? And his pants bunch up at the bottom. Pants fit loose not tight.

I thought exactly the same thing, especially with those chicken legs.

No, I don't think he gave a fake name. I think he came forward as a witness as he was seen leaving the crime scene in order to not be listed as a perp. Maybe he saw that video the night it was released and figured he can come forward to say he saw that guy in the video and 'help' with the description to throw everyone off his trail. Making a sketch look way different than himself, saying definitely not blue eyes, reddish brown hair. If he ran into people who knew him on the trail, he knew he had to cover his tracks in some way. Also thinking that maybe he was trying to get out unnoticed to get to the car but there were too many others out that day to go unnoticed. Again, just trying to tie that last press conference into the whole picture.

I think LE would see thru this so quickly it would make your head spin. Ask the guy to take a lite detector test.. Everyone that is a witness is IMMEDIATELY considered a suspect. We all know that. Think we are overthinking a little here.. but then again, just my opinion.

Perhaps for 2 years they might. Especially having a video backing up the description- that would be a bonus for BG.

Exactly. Explains the new sketch based on info they had right away, the 'twist' mentioned in press conference, the 'going back to the beginning,' the we have probably interviewed him comment, mistakes were made comment. I feel like LE knows who it is and knows that a family member of BG knows but will not come forward as a witness to protect BG. I feel like LE was asking for this witness to come forward so they can wrap this case up tight. In my opinion of course.

I think LE would see thru this so quickly it would make your head spin. Ask the guy to take a lite detector test.. Everyone that is a witness is IMMEDIATELY considered a suspect. We all know that. Think we are overthinking a little here.. but then again, just my opinion.

Stranger things have happened. In any case, I do hope the families get closure.

Exactly. Explains the new sketch based on info they had right away, the 'twist' mentioned in press conference, the 'going back to the beginning,' the we have probably interviewed him comment, mistakes were made comment. I feel like LE knows who it is and knows that a family member of BG knows but will not come forward as a witness to protect BG. I feel like LE was asking for this witness to come forward so they can wrap this case up tight. In my opinion of course.
I think is a viable possible scenario. The only part I have a hard time reconciling is that it’s not LEs job (at least to my understanding), to wrap the case up tightly.... isn’t that done in court? I thought LE just had to have “reasonable cause” for an arrest, and surely this and the other stuff they would have would be enough for that?

I think it’s more likely they have a good idea of who BG may be, but not to the point where they literally know it’s him and that he was the one where from the original sketch originated. But it’s possible and I would not discount it.

MOO.

Stranger things have happened. In any case, I do hope the families get closure.

Me too. This one just baffles me. They have a guys photo (blurry but so what, so is 90% of all video used to quickly solve other robberies, etc caught on tape) and they even have the guys' voice.

Any yet, they cannot identify him? I'm guessing someone is unflinchingly covering for him on his alibi

Agree. even suggesting that the guy on the bridge could be 5'6" and 180 is strange.
He would be very stout.

@FinePrint, you posted a picture on the last thread of the storage facility on W 300 N. Do you think any of the cameras could have been aimed westward towards the CPS building? Straight shot that's less than 1500 feet. I know a vehicle probably couldn't be seen well enough to read a license, or see the driver, but do you think LE could have footage of vehicles coming and going from that lot?

I would think that the one thing they can tell from the video most accurately is BG height "at the time". That would be easy to calculate by pros with the surroundings. The weight is harder because of BG clothing. At what age do young males reach full height? I only have a daughter and never had brothers so I am clueless.

@FinePrint, you posted a picture on the last thread of the storage facility on W 300 N. Do you think any of the cameras could have been aimed westward towards the CPS building? Straight shot that's less than 1500 feet. I know a vehicle probably couldn't be seen well enough to read a license, or see the driver, but do you think LE could have footage of vehicles coming and going from that lot?

upload_2019-8-5_15-7-57.png
upload_2019-8-5_15-12-47.png
upload_2019-8-5_15-13-29.png
There are 2 camera's facing West on the front side of the building. I don't know what range these camera's would have though. There is not a lot of trees or brush that would obstruct the line of vision.

I would think that the one thing they can tell from the video most accurately is BG height "at the time". That would be easy to calculate by pros with the surroundings. The weight is harder because of BG clothing. At what age do young males reach full height? I only have a daughter and never had brothers so I am clueless.

Age 18 is a pretty safe bet. For girls, it is younger.

ETA: I believe their weight estimate was too high

Also keeping in mind that the CPS building was still standing at that time. I wonder if there was any surveillance cams on that building because it was an abandoned government building.

They may have had to have a camera for insurance purposes....just thinking out load on this. Guess I'll look into that next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper