Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the photos actually be referring to the bridge video from Libby's phone?
I agree. I think it must be referring to her phone....those are the only photos we know of.
But why is such a specific time frame of 1 pm to 3:30 pm released? The 3 photos released were taken back-to-back based on the video. It was less than 2 1/2 seconds.

Edited to add JMO and to correct grammar

Last edited:
I agree. I think it must be referring to her phone....those are the only photos we know of.
But why is such a specific time frame of 1 pm to 3:30 pm released? The 3 photos released were taken back-to-back based on the video. It was over less than 2 1/2 seconds.
I edited to add that RL's house is about a quarter mile. The bridge is far less. Hmm...

I edited to add that RL's house is about a quarter mile. The bridge is far less. Hmm...
Just speculating.. could there be a chance there is different (very blurry) photo/video footage of him from a distance that they never released? Maybe all it did was place him in the area at that time based on matching clothes and appearance and was not helpful for the public to see?

JMO and (more) speculation

Just speculating.. could there be a chance there is different (very blurry) photo/video footage of him from a distance that they never released? Maybe all it did was place him in the area at that time based on matching clothes and appearance and was not helpful for the public to see?

JMO and (more) speculation
Could possibly support leaving the cemetery idea.

There is this article here which could again be referencing the pics taken from Libby's phone, or another completely different photograph/snapshot taken from maybe a video at the times mentioned in the article I posted upthread.

February 17, 2017
Police pursue tips as community says goodbye

"The most promising clue appears to be a photograph taken from the Monon High bridge.

The abandoned railroad bridge is a favorite location of hikers using the community trial system. It is also the last place the girls were seen alive via a snap chat photo

Police have another photo, a somewhat fuzzy one It shows a bearded man they say was in the area about the same time as the girls."

Could this be OBG aka sketch #1? A bearded man!

At that point in time it was so early on that they would not have had NASA or Disney try to enhance the video yet, nor had the 2nd sketch from multiple witnesses been produced.

So is this article referencing Libby's video/photo or a photo from a different source? Maybe a source at 1pm? Or at 3:30 pm?

Did he disguise himself with a beard? Or is it a different person?

JMO...and yet more speculation

Last edited:
There is this article here which could again be referencing the pics taken from Libby's phone, or another completely different photograph/snapshot taken from maybe a video at the times mentioned in the article I posted upthread.

February 17, 2017
Police pursue tips as community says goodbye

"The most promising clue appears to be a photograph taken from the Monon High bridge.

The abandoned railroad bridge is a favorite location of hikers using the community trial system. It is also the last place the girls were seen alive via a snap chat photo

Police have another photo, a somewhat fuzzy one It shows a bearded man they say was in the area about the same time as the girls."

Could this be OBG aka sketch #1? A bearded man!

At that point in time it was so early on that they would not have had NASA or Disney try to enhance the video yet, nor had the 2nd sketch from multiple witnesses been produced.

So is this article referencing Libby's video/photo or a photo from a different source? Maybe a source at 1pm? Or at 3:30 pm?

Did he disguise himself with a beard? Or is it a different person?

JMO...and yet more speculation
The 2 sketches and fuzzy photo cramp my brain! Honestly, I don’t know what to make of them.

I think he did take the phone but did not realize she had it recording when he shoved it into his pocket where it continued recording the entire crime. In all the confusion, ruffled clothing, associated struggle...I think it fell out of his pocket along the way, and he could not find it back... and certainly couldn't take the time to dawdle around in the woods hunting for the phone of a girl he had just killed.

Maybe the lost phone is what LE returned to search for?

I agree with you. I just watched it after zooming in on his face and it does look like that - like he is having a foul mouthed grumble to himself or even singing to himself. Here's the link for posters to also have a zoom in.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation
Maybe he is chewing tobacco and then spitting juice out the L side of his mouth?

agree. the video still image and the 1 second walk video is a total cluster****

I did a side by side of BG and a couple of ads with a guys wearing GoPro mouth mounts. There are some differences in design and color, but I can see how it could be the case with BG. You can see where and how the mouth mount would obscure the face and which parts of the face would be affected by various angles of the head and angles of the camera connecting device.

This is the only way I can make any sense of the face shown on the video. I am sure that's why LE keeps saying to look at the body on the video, and that the sketch is the face that goes with the body in the video. The face in the video is not recognizable due to obfuscation.

I don't either!:(

I think that there are upwards of 30 threads of us all expressing our own brain cramps about this in one way or another!;)

JMO

Attachments

and one more that shows another ad model and how the GoPro looks pixelated and enlarged compared to BG's pixelated image.

maybe that's also why he seems to be moving his head around a bit - he's panning the camera to capture both of the girls as Libby is panning hers to capture him. which begs the question - WHY?

I did a side by side of BG and a couple of ads with a guys wearing GoPro mouth mounts. There are some differences in design and color, but I can see how it could be the case with BG. You can see where and how the mouth mount would obscure the face and which parts of the face would be affected by various angles of the head and angles of the camera connecting device.

This is the only way I can make any sense of the face shown on the video. I am sure that's why LE keeps saying to look at the body on the video, and that the sketch is the face that goes with the body in the video. The face in the video is not recognizable due to obfuscation.

Attachments

Last edited:
I have been going back to news articles as early as I can find and re-reading the content to see if any 'new' info can be applied to the recent change in direction.

This article gave me a bit of a jolt as it states a timeline that more recent articles do not.

I am not sure if this is just lousy reporting and if the times should even be taken literally but I felt it worth noting.

Feb 16, 2017
"Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found."

Police question multiple people in Delphi girls’ murders

We know the girls were dropped off at 1:38 p.m. so the 1 pm reported time stated must be either be wrong, or maybe someone actually did see the killer at 1:00 p.m. at the trails and that's where 1 pm came into play.

I am also keeping in mind that LE may not have had all the witness sightings and times nailed down at this point to release info, but it seems like 3:30 is a very specific time to mention. I am still wondering if Libby's phone continued to record well after 3:00 p.m. and if it does include audio of their final moments? Her battery either died or her phone was shut off after her family kept calling...so 3:30 p.m. is reasonable IMO.

Also worth noting within the article (aside from a slight resemblance to sketch #1 aka OBG ) is that....

"One Flora, Ind. resident said he doesn’t know why, but police asked if they could question him Thursday.

He told 24-Hour News 8 he agreed to a cotton swab test and let police search his phone before they let him go."

At that time, they wouldn't have had any Crime Scene DNA results back yet so the swab request was likely a standard procedure for all suspects being questioned.

Going back to the catfishing theory that has been discussed here thoroughly, I felt it was worth noting that they searched his phone.

Were they looking to see if a Snap Chat or KIK app was installed?

Another thought I have is if Libby's phone maybe recorded an incoming call to the killer on his own phone and if LE knows what his ring tone sounded like?

Just random thoughts and speculation and JMO.
Early on police focused on RL; maybe his son was questioned because of that? Would that make sense re "Flora"?

Yes especially “who may be in the room” which Carter later doubles down on as noted in @TL4S prior post.

It is such a bold statement. I’m still trying to wrap my head around that one 4 months later.

Since the last two press conferences I saw were heavily scripted (as they should be) with bullet points and statements, there was some reason for the two (what I call odd) comments:

1) "Who may be in the room." - Was this just a way of saying that this person (hiding in clear sight), they have no idea who they are but they know they are following the case and may be even sending taunting notes to LE? LE seems more angry to me than just frustrated. Angry that the person is clearly following the case? and sending answers perhaps to LE from previous press conferences to answer questions. Just a guess.

2) "Hiding in plain sight". This to me is an indication that the person is blending right back into their regular job after this crime. Someone that hides in plain sight could be someone who is manipulative and cunning. Other than throwing away the jacket and pants, someone who did not get their hair cut, grow a beard, or anything else to disguise their appearance, thus not alarms set off with people around him. He might be a chuckling good actor who maybe laughs at someone saying "where were you on Feb 14th?" This is possibly someone you would never think would kill two girls like that. The other thing that popped into my mind is this is a person with a very good alibi who they can't link to the crime scene because they didn't get good enough DNA from the crime scene.

OMG! I am really impressed with these comparisons! You may be onto something! What do others think???!!!

Maybe the thick white thing hanging down by BG's neck is a white gopro Leash? Either purchased or handmade? (I only saw black gopro leashes online). I think it IS worth consideration. The comparison pics Moonless posted definitely seem worth further perusal, IMO. I wasn't expecting to think so, but after looking at the comparisons, I really do. Could others please look carefully at these and weigh in here? I'm curious what others think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025