Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the white rope thing is a horse halter. I think his mouth and chin are visible albeit pixelated. I don't think he has a whistle, a bird caller, a breather tube, a gas mask or a go pro in his mouth.
Still open to suggestions though as I am usually wrong.

agree. the video still image and the 1 second walk video is a total cluster****

I did a side by side of BG and a couple of ads with a guys wearing GoPro mouth mounts. There are some differences in design and color, but I can see how it could be the case with BG. You can see where and how the mouth mount would obscure the face and which parts of the face would be affected by various angles of the head and angles of the camera connecting device.

This is the only way I can make any sense of the face shown on the video. I am sure that's why LE keeps saying to look at the body on the video, and that the sketch is the face that goes with the body in the video. The face in the video is not recognizable due to obfuscation.
Doesn't look very outlandish, so would be possible perhaps: the GoPro-Thing. BUT: BG couldn't speak to the girls during using the mouth piece ....

Neither do I. I also don't see anything inhis mouth, though the list of ideas as to what it could be would now fill a page. I have seen/read/heard:
-cigar
-cigerette
- vape
- breathing apparatus
- mask covering lower part of his face
- scarf with crossbones pulled up to his nose
- regulator
- surgical mask
- headset with mic
- I guess now a Go Pro mouth cam

I have a GoPro mouth mount for our YT channel and I'm just not seeing it on BG. I see what people are indicating but with the missing pixels I wouldn't feel confident abour guessing on anything. I see shadows, pixelation, and loss of image integrity. I still think that if something were there and it was THAT clear to the sleuthing public then it would've already been examined by LE. I think they would've announced it because saying "a 5'10" 50lb middle-aged man with an oxygen mask" or whatever would've helped narrow down the perps.
I agree, LE with all their tech bells and whistles would have identified any apparatus and would have included that in their description as it would have nothing to do with the crime and everything to do with the killer's identity. All I see are a nose, chin and a mouth, that's moving.

I have been going back to news articles as early as I can find and re-reading the content to see if any 'new' info can be applied to the recent change in direction.

This article gave me a bit of a jolt as it states a timeline that more recent articles do not.

I am not sure if this is just lousy reporting and if the times should even be taken literally but I felt it worth noting.

Feb 16, 2017
"Police said a camera captured the photos of a man near Deer Creek between 1 and 3:30 Monday afternoon, about a quarter of a mile from the spot where the girls were found."

Police question multiple people in Delphi girls’ murders

We know the girls were dropped off at 1:38 p.m. so the 1 pm reported time stated must be either be wrong, or maybe someone actually did see the killer at 1:00 p.m. at the trails and that's where 1 pm came into play.

I am also keeping in mind that LE may not have had all the witness sightings and times nailed down at this point to release info, but it seems like 3:30 is a very specific time to mention. I am still wondering if Libby's phone continued to record well after 3:00 p.m. and if it does include audio of their final moments? Her battery either died or her phone was shut off after her family kept calling...so 3:30 p.m. is reasonable IMO.

Also worth noting within the article (aside from a slight resemblance to sketch #1 aka OBG ) is that....

"One Flora, Ind. resident said he doesn’t know why, but police asked if they could question him Thursday.

He told 24-Hour News 8 he agreed to a cotton swab test and let police search his phone before they let him go."

At that time, they wouldn't have had any Crime Scene DNA results back yet so the swab request was likely a standard procedure for all suspects being questioned.

Going back to the catfishing theory that has been discussed here thoroughly, I felt it was worth noting that they searched his phone.

Were they looking to see if a Snap Chat or KIK app was installed?

Another thought I have is if Libby's phone maybe recorded an incoming call to the killer on his own phone and if LE knows what his ring tone sounded like?

Just random thoughts and speculation and JMO.
What day was it released that Libby had captured pictures in her phone of the BG? Was it after this Feb 16th article. They could have been talking about the images she captured but just didnt want to release that info yet. At first LE just stated they wanted to talk to the BG as a possible witness. LE wasn't going to tip that Libby was the photographer...yet?

Just reading back about early on LE activities that were made public, not many were. If anyone knows the answer, it would be much appreciated.

Indiana's constitution pretty much follows the nation's 4th amendment word for word about probable cause based on "oath and admission", only a slight change as to what time of day or night searches can occur. (Indiana says anytime at all)

What is the bottom line though for a warrant under "oath and admission"? Is it as little as a tipster has to swear under oath to something about a person or residence? Or are LE also tasked with finding corroboration on that tip before probable cause is met for a warrant? TIA if anyone can clarify this for me.

and one more that shows another ad model and how the GoPro looks pixelated and enlarged compared to BG's pixelated image.

maybe that's also why he seems to be moving his head around a bit - he's panning the camera to capture both of the girls as Libby is panning hers to capture him. which begs the question - WHY?
If we go with the go pro theory maybe someone offered to pay the killer money if he took pictures or video killing someone like this case Alaska Teen Allegedly Killed 'Best Friend' After Man Online Offered $9M For Videos of Murder

I have not posted on this thread before. I have followed since soon after the beginning and have done my homework. I read Websleuthers insights daily. I just want to say that if the killer used some sort of mouth mounted recording or communication device, LE could quietly be asking for names of people who have them. I think there would not be many in the Delphi area. I had never heard of the device until I read about it here. I had known about the forehead mounted cameras. Thank you to the sleuthers who do so much for the benefit of all.

Being also a professional photographer, I think it is guess work at best for us to try to assign some identity to any section of a blurry image. As human beings, this is normal for us to make patterns where there are no patterns. As humans throughout hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and history, we survived largely in part by detecting dangerous patterns in the wild: a lion waiting to pounce in the bush is an example. It's called Pareidolia and we all want to do it. The ones that were quick to pick out a pattern, even if they were wrong, and flee the scene... got to pass on those genes to the next generation. If you were dumb and unable to "see" the danger, you died. You did not get to pass on your poor pattern recognition genes.

IMHO, the white bold blotch below his face could just as easily be a white shirt simply over-reflecting the light due to everything else being darker. That photographically is called being "blown out".. It could also be a horse collar, or smoke, or a white handkerchief, or a white tube sock, or a big patch of chalk that got on his shirt... the list is endless in my opinion. When it is blurry, people want to figure out a pattern. Sort of like how all UFO, bigfoot and Nessie photos and video are blurry. Only when they are blurry, does your imagination run wild. When a photo of those is clear and in focus, nobody spends time on it.. there's no pattern to figure out. In this case, when it is clear and in focus, everyone knows that it's a plane, bear or log floating in the water in those three cases above.

I am not preaching to you here. I'm a human too and have the same tendencies.

I just don't think it's a good use of time to speculate on something like a part of a blurry photo that is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE.

That's all. thanks. I do come back here from time to time to see if there is any relevant news on the case. Great site.

Being also a professional photographer, I think it is guess work at best for us to try to assign some identity to any section of a blurry image. As human beings, this is normal for us to make patterns where there are no patterns. As humans throughout hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and history, we survived largely in part by detecting dangerous patterns in the wild: a lion waiting to pounce in the bush is an example. It's called Pareidolia and we all want to do it. The ones that were quick to pick out a pattern, even if they were wrong, and flee the scene... got to pass on those genes to the next generation. If you were dumb and unable to "see" the danger, you died. You did not get to pass on your poor pattern recognition genes.

IMHO, the white bold blotch below his face could just as easily be a white shirt simply over-reflecting the light due to everything else being darker. That photographically is called being "blown out".. It could also be a horse collar, or smoke, or a white handkerchief, or a white tube sock, or a big patch of chalk that got on his shirt... the list is endless in my opinion. When it is blurry, people want to figure out a pattern. Sort of like how all UFO, bigfoot and Nessie photos and video are blurry. Only when they are blurry, does your imagination run wild. When a photo of those is clear and in focus, nobody spends time on it.. there's no pattern to figure out. In this case, when it is clear and in focus, everyone knows that it's a plane, bear or log floating in the water in those three cases above.

I just don't think it's a good use of time to speculate on something like a part of a blurry photo that is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE.

That's all. thanks. I do come back here from time to time to see if there is any relevant news on the case. Great site.
Yes indeed but while we wait to find out we speculate....

Wow! I learned a new word...pareidolia. I will use it frequently. Apparently applies to audio interpretation too. Such as the various speculations around “down the hill”, background noise etc.

Also reminds me of the “I buried Paul” phenomenon from Abby Road.
: )

Just speculating.. could there be a chance there is different (very blurry) photo/video footage of him from a distance that they never released? Maybe all it did was place him in the area at that time based on matching clothes and appearance and was not helpful for the public to see?

JMO and (more) speculation
Or maybe a glimpse of him in the car caught on camera somewhere? Or if Libby’s phone was still in video mode when it fell out of her pocket catching a quick view of him?

Just reading back about early on LE activities that were made public, not many were. If anyone knows the answer, it would be much appreciated.

Indiana's constitution pretty much follows the nation's 4th amendment word for word about probable cause based on "oath and admission", only a slight change as to what time of day or night searches can occur. (Indiana says anytime at all)

What is the bottom line though for a warrant under "oath and admission"? Is it as little as a tipster has to swear under oath to something about a person or residence? Or are LE also tasked with finding corroboration on that tip before probable cause is met for a warrant? TIA if anyone can clarify this for me.

Probably not the place to put this, but I’ve been thinking about the comment we were on to something early on and you mentioned early activities. Of course they could mean in the first few months and not right off the bat.

The very first things LE would do would be an area canvass, establish a time line looking at the people the girls would encounter up to the incident and look at the people closest to them. Early investigation starts close and works its way out.

In order to get a warrant in my state you have to write up an affidavit stating the reasons you want the search warrant. Then you have to get a judge to sign off on it and I doubt they just sign off on anything. Not sure that a tipster swore to it under oath would be convincing enough independent of additional info.

Im tired today so sorry in advance if this was not an appropriate response or illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member