Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the GBI look over it IIRC?
It's interesting to note this article in February 2018 says GBI and the FBI were to review the Delphi case. So the whole change of investigative strategy didn't get officially spoken of until 14 months later at the April 2019 PC. That would make it seem whatever insights the GBI or FBI had and past along with their fresh eyes, they either didn't pan out or it took a long time period to investigate or weed though them. I still have hope the Delphi investigation learned sometime that changed their focus for the better. JMO

Georgia investigators, FBI review Delphi case

Very interesting. If I understand her correctly, the shoe was spotted then the girls were seen across the creek. So yes, to me it sounds like it was on the opposite side of the creek.
It is interesting. Most the reenactments have BG leading them down the hill from the south end of the bridge, then either across the creek, or the girls ran for it, but LE says the reenactments are wrong.

If a shoe was in the creek or the opposite side, than I feel confident at least the girls crossed. But if BG wasn't leading/chasing them, what would cause one of the girl's shoes to come off without her stopping to retrieve it?

It is interesting. Most the reenactments have BG leading them down the hill from the south end of the bridge, then either across the creek, or the girls ran for it, but LE says the reenactments are wrong.

If a shoe was in the creek or the opposite side, than I feel confident at least the girls crossed. But if BG wasn't leading/chasing them, what would cause one of the girl's shoes to come off without her stopping to retrieve it?

Does Kelsi ever discuss where the girls' clothing was located?

LE would never say if a reenactment was correct when they're trying to keep info on how the abduction and murders were carried out secret. I think them saying all reenactments are wrong is just what they would say about anything. If Libby's shoe was found on the opposite side of the creek from where her body was found, the most likely thing was it came off her foot in flight. It's also possible she kicked it off there purposely as a breadcrumb or it was dropped there, thrown there by the killer.

I think the simplest version is Libby probably lost it in flight. I think the killer meant to kill them on the other side of the creek where the shoe was found. Maybe he caught up to Libby half way across the creek, while holding onto Abby, then just continued that way 50 ft or so on the other side. Just horrific to talk about.

LE would never say if a reenactment was correct when they're trying to keep info on how the abduction and murders were carried out secret. I think them saying all reenactments are wrong is just what they would say about anything. If Libby's shoe was found on the opposite side of the creek from where her body was found, the most likely thing was it came off her foot in flight. It's also possible she kicked it off there purposely as a breadcrumb or it was dropped there, thrown there by the killer.

I think the simplest version is Libby probably lost it in flight. I think the killer meant to kill them on the other side of the creek where the shoe was found. Maybe he caught up to Libby half way across the creek, while holding onto Abby, then just continued that way 50 ft or so on the other side. Just horrific to talk about.
You're right, LE really can say anything. I agree with the most likely hypotheses, too, if BG was with them.

I had a bad scare the other day and afterward got to thinking about the terror those girls must have felt. It p*sses me off to no end.

Whenever I step away from this case - I come back with this gut feeling it wasn't random

A gut feeling that they knew the perp

That it's possible they were at the end of the bridge for a reason

Then: I start thinking (lol, or something akin to it) - and then I figure: nope it was random

Just cannot shake this feeling it was NOT random

I haven't been aware nor following the pursuit of justice for Abby & Libby as long as so many here: my heart goes out to you guys. It's gut wrenching to still be waiting for justice

I cannot imagine waiting another couple years, much less five, ten, twenty...how long until their murderer is brought to justice...?

BBM

I mulled this possibility recently, but in that case BG is now kind of in a tough spot to get out of. He now has to walk back across the bridge, down the trail, etc. Too risky in my mind, and the bodies would have been seen mere minutes after the murders.

IMO BG planned everything well in advance, and had the general area of the murder scene picked out.

MOO

-FD

@PaulaDC posted this video on the last thread, but I'm just getting around to watching it.

Anyway, around the 7:30 min mark, Riley talks about why they think BG is a local, or at least familiar with the area. I didn't transcribe it, but he basically said that the killer led the girls through a wooded area, from the bridge, down to a location, and that he had to have some knowledge of the river to know how deep it is, where to cross, where not to cross.

Does this pretty much clarify the question of how they got to the CS? To me it sounds like LE thinks he led them across the creek. Period. No fleeing, no recrossing the bridge, no getting into a car on the private drive.

Unless, they think he exited via crossing the creek. IDK.

It sounds like LE doesn't know everything about how it all went down, either, but IMO, this could be a significant piece of information we've been wanting. Maybe. The re-enactments wouldn't be wrong in theory, if he led them across the creek (and LE is lying when they say the re-enactments are wrong). Or like I said, maybe they think he left the scene via the creek. Riley did add that part in last. I'm flummoxed.

Last edited:

She was running it was loose and slipped off, Otherwise escaping up a hill with perpetrator grabbing legs or feet whilst at the bottom of a hill or embankment. I know my trainer would come off easily if someone grabbed my foot. Just ideas

MingyMoo

This case will be solved when it wants to be solved.

In the end the name of the killer won’t even appear in one of the thousands of files, one hundred boxes of files, or have his name uttered in any of the meetings held by the investigators.

It’s difficult to say this but all of the hard work might be for naught.

I’ll give you an example. Back in the 1970’s a bank branch was broken into in the middle of the night. The smashing of the glass set off the alarm and the first officer on the scene saw three shadowy figures running down the street into a residential area. In those days the money was kept in the teller drawers all night so over $20,000 was stolen.
The case was assigned to a respected detective whose desk happened to be right next to mine. Every day I watched him hoping to learn case solving detectives. He talked on the phone, called other victims, disappeared for hours, and yet there were no notes attached to the bank case. I was convinced that he had notes and hot leads stored somewhere where other detectives couldn’t see them.

Six weeks later he said to me “want to take a ride”? He threw me the keys to his detective car and said “meet me out back”. He gave me directions to a place that I immediately realized was the neighborhood I grew up in.
He told me to turn down the street by the bank, go four blocks, and turn left and park. We walked up the steps of an unremarkable house, knocked on the door, and a girl about 18-19 answered. We showed our badges and she screamed “ Oh God how did you know”? We followed her into a bedroom and there was $17,000 spread out on the bed.

It turned out that she and two boys had done the burglary and had immediately taken off for West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and all over again never spending the night in the same motel twice. They were convinced that the police were hot on their trail when in fact nothing was being done. Nothing at all.

I have a feeling that this case will turn out this way.

BBM

I mulled this possibility recently, but in that case BG is now kind of in a tough spot to get out of. He now has to walk back across the bridge, down the trail, etc. Too risky in my mind, and the bodies would have been seen mere minutes after the murders.

IMO BG planned everything well in advance, and had the general area of the murder scene picked out.

MOO

-FD
I watched a video that showed down the hill and then up the road to the right, there was an area over that way, very secluded under the trees. The bridge wasn't visable from there either. It was pretty much right across the creek, up the embankment and over the road from where the girls were found.

This case will be solved when it wants to be solved.

In the end the name of the killer won’t even appear in one of the thousands of files, one hundred boxes of files, or have his name uttered in any of the meetings held by the investigators.

It’s difficult to say this but all of the hard work might be for naught.

I’ll give you an example. Back in the 1970’s a bank branch was broken into in the middle of the night. The smashing of the glass set off the alarm and the first officer on the scene saw three shadowy figures running down the street into a residential area. In those days the money was kept in the teller drawers all night so over $20,000 was stolen.
The case was assigned to a respected detective whose desk happened to be right next to mine. Every day I watched him hoping to learn case solving detectives. He talked on the phone, called other victims, disappeared for hours, and yet there were no notes attached to the bank case. I was convinced that he had notes and hot leads stored somewhere where other detectives couldn’t see them.

Six weeks later he said to me “want to take a ride”? He threw me the keys to his detective car and said “meet me out back”. He gave me directions to a place that I immediately realized was the neighborhood I grew up in.
He told me to turn down the street by the bank, go four blocks, and turn left and park. We walked up the steps of an unremarkable house, knocked on the door, and a girl about 18-19 answered. We showed our badges and she screamed “ Oh God how did you know”? We followed her into a bedroom and there was $17,000 spread out on the bed.

It turned out that she and two boys had done the burglary and had immediately taken off for West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and all over again never spending the night in the same motel twice. They were convinced that the police were hot on their trail when in fact nothing was being done. Nothing at all.

I have a feeling that this case will turn out this way.
How did the detective know who did it? Or was that just a random visit to her house?

Whenever I step away from this case - I come back with this gut feeling it wasn't random

A gut feeling that they knew the perp

That it's possible they were at the end of the bridge for a reason

Then: I start thinking (lol, or something akin to it) - and then I figure: nope it was random

Just cannot shake this feeling it was NOT random

I haven't been aware nor following the pursuit of justice for Abby & Libby as long as so many here: my heart goes out to you guys. It's gut wrenching to still be waiting for justice

I cannot imagine waiting another couple years, much less five, ten, twenty...how long until their murderer is brought to justice...?

Think of it this way, he is also a danger to other women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member