Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out there but I watched the 2 hour special on BTK. I don't know why but I can't quit thinking about it and the Delphi girls. The white thingy sticking out of BG shirt at the neck has always struck me as a plastic bag. Broad daylight, multiple victims and (if) there was no SA it may be similar. I hate hate hate hate thinking or typing this.

Ok this post is interesting to me raja bc I just posted a very similar post above re: similar SK vibe I’m getting from Cheryl’s and Andy’s case, and also my thoughts on the white, except I say rope or cord, moo.

Re: whatever it is coming out of the jacket, it changes shape/moves...I noticed that when comparing a couple different stills...it’s around here somewhere, no telling where in a HUNDRED AND ELEVEN THREADS.

—-
ETA: Beers on me when he is caught. I might even bust out the special vintage reserve.

Gosh we’ve talked about this but can you IMAGINE what that day is going to be like here when that happens? It might even break Websleuths there will be so many people here. Iirc there were something like 800 people in Lizzie’s and Lyrics thread when they were found.

Oh how I relish just thinking about that day....I might have to take a Valium or something bc I can already see myself going completely lunatic chanting “OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!”

Last edited:
Because it is their duty and obligation to look into every possible perpetrator.

Even if they thought there was no chance PE could be the Delphi killer, they wouldn’t be doing their jobs if they didn’t look into him.

Agree. All the police have are their theories from evidence.
They know some evidence might be unrelated or wrong, but they have to go with what they have until every thread is searched filed or put in the almost eliminated pile. They look into any possibility along the way
Ok this post is interesting to me raja bc I just posted a very similar post above re: similar SK vibe I’m getting from Cheryl’s and Andy’s case, and also my thoughts on the white, except I say rope or cord, moo.

Re: whatever it is coming out of the jacket, it changes shape/moves...I noticed that when comparing a couple different stills...it’s around here somewhere, no telling where in a HUNDRED AND ELEVEN THREADS.

—-
ETA: Beers on me when he is caught. I might even bust out the special vintage reserve.

Gosh we’ve talked about this but can you IMAGINE what that day is going to be like here when that happens? It might even break Websleuths there will be so many people here. Iirc there were something like 800 people in Lizzie’s and Lyrics thread when they were found.

Oh how I relish just thinking about that day....I might have to take a Valium or something bc I can already see myself going completely lunatic chanting “OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!”

Here's to the Day!

Does anyone know if there is a backlog at Parabon, and if so how long? I’m asking this in reference to not only this case but another another case, ( @mocity ‘s step sister, Cheryl Henry. They have been waiting eons and I’m trying to figure out if the backlog is on the part of Parabon, another lab or HPD.)

Imo, it would be good for us to know here and in other cases as well, if and what the backlog is, as we head into this new age of familial DNA, etc.

Pulling Parabon quote re: Abby Libby, CeCe Moore is referenced iirc. I’m wondering if this has already been processed? Iirc that quote came out regarding/after April Tinley’s case:

Several reference quotes here:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

ETA:
-it says Parabon declined an interview:

“In 2018 came fresh hope with the arrest of John Miller, who admitted to killing 8-year-old April Tinsley in Ft. Wayne 30 years earlier.

That case was solved with DNA evidence by Parabon Nanolabs. Investigators in the Delphi case worked closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby. Parabon Nanolabs declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation.“

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a backlog at Parabon, and if so how long? I’m asking this with reference to not only this case but another another case, ( @mocity ‘s step sister, Cheryl Henry. They have been waiting eons and I’m trying to figure out if the backlog is on the part of Parabon, another lab or HPD.)

Imo, it would be good for us to know here and in other cases as well, if and what the backlog is, as we head into this new age of familial DNA, etc.

Pulling Parabon quote re: Abby Libby, CeCe Moore is referenced iirc. I’m wondering if this has already been processed? Iirc that quote came out regarding/after April Tinley’s case:
In progress

Any backlog wouldn’t be an explanation for no sign of them being involved in this case.

I thought that the last press conference was going to contain information about this guy’s appearance, based on a Parabon analysis (if they didn’t go as far as to release one of those DNA based images they do).

The only explanations that I can come up with, is that any DNA evidence isn’t of a quality that would allow for Parabon to do its thing, or (more likely, they aren’t sure if the DNA they have is even from the perpetrator.

Murders have happened after this case, and Parabon has been involved in solving them.

So I don’t think a backlog is the reason why.

Yeah, I wonder how much the water plays a direct role here. With both the perp and the victims.

ETA: Grrrrr feeling really restless...
Any Day Now!!

There was another thread about a “possibly” similar case, victim’s name started with an “A”, iirc...I actually started her thread I think...Autumn maybe? Something about North Dakota...does anyone remember? I’ll try to google...Someone had asked upstream recently if we had found any similar cases, and I thought of that one even though it’s likely a long shot...

ETA: Found it. Alicia Hummel:

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

Found Deceased - IA- Alicia Hummel, 29, Sioux City, 1 Jun 2015

Last edited:
Just curious. If a drug king pin knocks off several people or has someone else kill them to exact revenge for snitching, stealing or whatever, should we call him a serial killer?

I would say no. The drug king pin is doing business. It is all about money and not going to the federal pen. A serial killer is deadly and operates out of his own perverted, sick, twisted, evil desires.

—-

Still lurking and think about them every day. Thank you all for keeping up with the discussion. So excited for when we can celebrate finding BG!

I still wonder about where this guy lived at the time and currently lives now. I have a difficult time believing he lived within 10-15 miles of the trail, although he either lived there years ago or had reason to visit there in order to be familiar with the trails and the surrounding area. I would imagine he lives in a larger city like Lafayette or Indianapolis or Louisville KY. In a larger city he would not stick out as much. I still believe that somewhere there is a neighbor, co-worker or coffee shop barista who sees him on a regular basis and every time this case comes on the news they lightly reflect on how he looks like the killer. Then that person probably moves onto something else and forgets about it for a while. Unless that person is a co-worker who knows his work schedule they can't make the connection between a day off and the murders.

rsbm

I still wonder about where this guy lived at the time and currently lives now. I have a difficult time believing he lived within 10-15 miles of the trail, although he either lived there years ago or had reason to visit there in order to be familiar with the trails and the surrounding area. I would imagine he lives in a larger city like Lafayette or Indianapolis or Louisville KY. In a larger city he would not stick out as much.

I totally agree with this.

I also think he would likely have to be soooo isolated within Delphi to have not been noticed by now imo. I even still wonder if he’s from out of state.

Whatever it was in that PC to make LE think he’s close must be real though bc they sure seemed convinced of this, imo.

I totally agree with this.

I also think he would likely have to be soooo isolated within Delphi to have not been noticed by now imo. I even still wonder if he’s from out of state.

Whatever it was in that PC to make LE think he’s close must be real though bc they sure seemed convinced of this, imo.
They thought he was so close he might have even been at the PC! That would more than likely indicate a residence of Delphi or a neighboring town imo.

They thought he was so close he might have even been at the PC! That would more than likely indicate a residence of Delphi or a neighboring town imo.

Indeed.

One thing I think I recall, and I could be wrong, but didn’t they say they gave some notice on the PC so he could be sure to attend? Something like that I thought, moo.

There was notice. Did they say they gave it so that "he" could be sure to attend?
I don’t believe so, as that would be way too transparent, and work against their intent.

When you don’t have much to go on, it’s worth a shot in the dark.

Odds are he didn’t attend, but you never know.

I don’t believe so, as that would be way too transparent, and work against their intent.

I really think and thought that they were trying to let BG think they were on him like white on rice. Now, whether or not they were bluffing, I'm not sure.

Yeah you’re right, duh!! Lol.

ETA: Wait, I meant I thought they said that after the fact, not before. Perhaps in one of those post interviews? Idk.

—-

Question.

IF the girls were NOT sexually assaulted, do (don’t) you guys think LE would have stated this (or do you think they would be (still) be inclined to keep that close to the vest?

Last edited:
Yeah you’re right, duh!! Lol.

ETA: Wait, I meant I thought they said that after the fact, not before. Perhaps in one of those post interviews? Idk.

—-

Question.

IF the girls were NOT sexually assaulted, do (don’t) you guys think LE would have stated this (or do you think they would be (still) be inclined to keep that close to the vest?
There was an HLN episode on the case where experts speculated that LE announced the press conference ahead of time, in order to allow him the opportunity to attend.

I think that’s where this is coming from.

No, if the girls were sexually assaulted, they’d want to keep that a secret.

If they weren’t sexually assaulted, they’d have no reason to come out and say that either.

That may be something they would tell the family in private though, if only to provide them with a small measure of comfort.

There was an HLN episode on the case where experts speculated that LE announced the press conference ahead of time, in order to allow him the opportunity to attend.

I think that’s where this is coming from.

Yeah that must be what I was thinking of, that’s right, I transcribed that thing, forgot about that...thanks.

Out there but I watched the 2 hour special on BTK. I don't know why but I can't quit thinking about it and the Delphi girls. The white thingy sticking out of BG shirt at the neck has always struck me as a plastic bag. Broad daylight, multiple victims and (if) there was no SA it may be similar. I hate hate hate hate thinking or typing this.

There are some similarities. I wonder if they could consult BTK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damo