Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i h

Hope the sheriff listened to his intuition and retraced his routines and revisited what he had done out of the ordinary in the prior year at least; checked into hotel, go to unfamiliar restaurant etc.
On his own cellphone?

Or really, some renovations in the house. A plumber. A carpet cleaner. A doctor, a vet.

You're right, they dont have the resources to bring everyone in.

I'm merely trying to figure out what (if anything) would or could attract someone from outside Carrol County/Delphi to the monon high bridge.

I notice "best hikes in West Lafayette" provided some links to Monon Bridge at the bottom of the list.

I haven’t read anyone mention the possibility of a “railfan” being in the area to check out the bridge. A “railfan” is a railroad enthusiast. Most are photographers who prefer to photograph moving trains but some are interested in railroad architecture and infrastructure. That abandoned bridge was pretty important in the early days of railroading.

I’m not saying that some railfan drove 200 miles to look at an abandoned bridge AND then murdered two girls. That would be a long shot. But since I don’t think Mr Blue Jacket had anything to do with the murders it might help to identify him by perusing the various railfan sites, especially those that feature architecture, and see if photos of the bridge shows up around that time.

You're right, they dont have the resources to bring everyone in.

I'm merely trying to figure out what (if anything) would or could attract someone from outside Carrol County/Delphi to the monon high bridge.

I notice "best hikes in West Lafayette" provided some links to Monon Bridge at the bottom of the list.

I hear ya. Apologies if I was dismissive. I probably was.

There was a rock hobby that brought folks to the bridge, but we don’t discuss it here.

I have recently read through some of the Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins threads. Seven Bridges Wildlife Area was apparently known for morel mushroom hunting. It appears the Monon Trail area was also popular for morel mushroom enthusiasts.

That got my attention.

They weren’t in season in February. But still, familiarity with the area.

Murder suspect was probably familiar with park

The case didn’t come close to meeting the criteria for an Amber Alert.

True. Point #2

AMBER ALERT – INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES
THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL INDIANA LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES REQUESTING AMBER ALERT ACTIVATION. ALL ACTIVATIONS ARE STATEWIDE.

AMBER ALERT CRITERIA
  1. The child must be under 18 years of age.
  2. The child must be believed to be abducted, AND in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
  3. There must be enough descriptive information to believe the broadcast will help.
  4. Request must be recommended by the law enforcement agency of jurisdiction.
  5. Enter the child into IDACS/NCIC with message key EME.

I hear ya. Apologies if I was dismissive. I probably was.

There was a rock hobby that brought folks to the bridge, but we don’t discuss it here.

I have recently read through some of the Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins threads. Seven Bridges Wildlife Area was apparently known for morel mushroom hunting. It appears the Monon Trail area was also popular for morel mushroom enthusiasts.

That got my attention.

They weren’t in season in February. But still, familiarity with the area.

Murder suspect was probably familiar with park
Rock Hobby and Caves, along with bridges and wildlife and old rail fans. While someone interested in these could possible have been there for their "hobbys" I just dont see it in Feb being the time to go searching these hobbies. JMO Mushroom hunting is very popular where I live also, but not in in Feb.

The central CS where the girls were found was not contaminated. Searchers did contaminate the exit trails. For instance the parking lots and cemetery road. MOO no one searched east if the bridge until 2/14/17.
We don't know that though because no one was monitoring it at all. So someone asked at 6.30 p.m. to search RL's land and didn't bother till midday the next day? That's crazy IMO.

Any theories on what could bring someone from outside of Delphi/Carrol County to the area, specifically Monon High Bridge?

I know LE are working on the theory that the individual is local, but what if he isn't?

Are there any websites or links (i.e. best birdwatching locations, atlas obscura, low-traffic hikes, old bridges, etc...) that directly link Monon High Bridge?

One would be, if he made an agreement with them via SM.

Another one - the girls might have made a group chat and discussed planning to do something there during the week (geo.,.? As an example). And the guy was there in wait for a few days.

Rock Hobby and Caves, along with bridges and wildlife and old rail fans. While someone interested in these could possible have been there for their "hobbys" I just dont see it in Feb being the time to go searching these hobbies. JMO Mushroom hunting is very popular where I live also, but not in in Feb.

Agree.

Due to the history and the CSX ties, entities like the DNR, Niches Land Trust, NHPA, would all bring folks to the area.

So many possibilities, it’s mind boggling.

One would be, if he made an agreement with them via SM.

Another one - the girls might have made a group chat and discussed planning to do something there during the week (geo.,.? As an example). And the guy was there in wait for a few days.
So then we have targeted SM vs Targeted personal ??? I know we dont know for sure if this was random or targeted, but with LE NOT saying the vicinity was in danger, my mind goes to targeted.

Hindsight is 20-20. I’m just going to guess because back when I worked these cases 99.9% of missing teenager cases were runaways or kids on a lark.

What you think they “should have” done comes with the luxury of knowing the outcome of this case. Small town chiefs, county sheriffs, and big city chiefs all have to answer to someone about the amount of overtime spent.
Calling out dogs, legions of search officers, and helicopters all cost a lot of money that towns, counties, and cities are not willing to spend every time two teenage girls don’t come home on time.

This all may sound abrupt and rude but it’s based on nearly three decades in law enforcement.
Most of those searchers the first night were unpaid volunteers so cost wasn't a factor necessarily. This was February and those girls were not dressed for February nights.

Ok bridgehunter.com lists it with all coordinates, as an abandoned place, etc.

Monon - Deer Creek High Bridge

And this is an old FB

Save Monon High Bridge

I think it will be interesting to talk to the people who wrote about it in the bridgehunter. Maybe there is a society, or someone was interested in it?

Also, on the FB page, there is a photo of two women and a teenager on that bridge. I am grasping at straws, but maybe the photo attracted the person?

Last edited:
Ok bridgehunter.com lists it with all coordinates, as an abandoned place, etc.

Monon - Deer Creek High Bridge
So, maybe someone interested in old bridges and found this one ?? but why take girls where they were left ?? Maybe things didn't go according to plan. Why 2 girls ???
Should we be looking at someone who visits old bridges ?? I am sure some of these websites have pics/comments from people who have been there. Maybe see if they were there that day ?

I haven’t read anyone mention the possibility of a “railfan” being in the area to check out the bridge. A “railfan” is a railroad enthusiast. Most are photographers who prefer to photograph moving trains but some are interested in railroad architecture and infrastructure. That abandoned bridge was pretty important in the early days of railroading.

I’m not saying that some railfan drove 200 miles to look at an abandoned bridge AND then murdered two girls. That would be a long shot. But since I don’t think Mr Blue Jacket had anything to do with the murders it might help to identify him by perusing the various railfan sites, especially those that feature architecture, and see if photos of the bridge shows up around that time.
Do I understand you correctly in that you do not think the guy in the video is the killer? Fascinating.

So, maybe someone interested in old bridges and found this one ?? but why take girls where they were left ?? Maybe things didn't go according to plan. Why 2 girls ???
Should we be looking at someone who visits old bridges ?? I am sure some of these websites have pics/comments from people who have been there. Maybe see if they were there that day ?

Maybe. Or blogs about them. Also, if you look at the link, everything is there...coordinates, the map, the photos, Deer Creek..that it is pedestrian. its state... everything!

“Railfan” is an idea. At least one should talk to them, to find out if there is a society, a group...maybe simply “abandoned places” enthusiasts?

It is interesting - your theory that Mr. Blue Jacket had nothing to do with murders; unlikely, but not impossible. All we have concretely tying him up with murders is LE’s statement. We have not listened to the tape.

Yes, but what if the photo was made before? On another day? Is it possible? I have tons of photos I can put on my FB today.
Snap chat has changed over the years but yes, you can post a picture you took earlier, but on the top left hand corner it will have the date the picture was taken. So you can't pretend. It's been like that for awhile but not sure 2/2017 how it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!