Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if BG or anyone close to the case is commenting but I’ve been reading these threads from near the beginning and I’ve had a weird feeling that BG is definitely reading and following anything to do with this case. He always wants to see how close people are getting to him, IMO
It would not be the first time a killer has logged onto WS and followed what people were saying. It has happened before- the lottery winner from FL who was murdered ( I think his first name was Abraham).

MOO-Related in some way to a politician. (son, nephew, brother). Nationwide, there are two justice systems-one for politicians and their families, and a separate punitive one for everyone else.

Seems to me that this is unlikely. I dont disagree that there arent different sets of rules for different folks (congresspersons ambush yesterday would have landed u and I in prison if they did what they did) but with the murder of 2 girls? I just dont see it.

I think IF this was the case, and LE knew who BG is but cant touch him, "leaks" would happen to the press to FORCE action. Just my opinion. Thoughts?

That said, you are right in your post that LE would dot their i's and cross their t's. I just think nearly 3 years is a long time to do that. But again, both things can be true imo.
Keep in mind, they were on the wrong trail (pardon the pun) for two plus years. Paraphrased, at the April PC DC asked for patience as they have only just begun. In that context, it has only been 6 months. JMO

Thanks for posting this. What do u think of it? Is he being literal...that he KNOWS this to be true...or just speaking to Libby's character.

I kinda feel like this is a standard line i hear on a lot of true crime shows expressed by loves ones left to make sense of it all. He could know this to be true...if anyone would...it would be family. It just sounds to me that he isnt letting slip that she faught back, but expressing his view of Libby's character. Thoughts?
I think she fought back hard and got his DNA on her. I think they have evidence of it too. He knows his granddaughter well by the sounds of it. He would also have seen her body in the open coffin.

Another case I follow, Libby Squire, had the suspect charged today with rape and murder. This is making me have more hope in this case. In Libby Squire's case her body was almost lost into the open sea but luckily a passing ship spotted her. They will have DNA in this case, for sure, as the girls were found so soon.

I've heard that Liberty would have fought their attacker. But this guy may have considered Liberty the biggest risk to him due to her size in comparison to Abigail. I can imagine he killed her first before she had a chance to fight. Or maybe she saw an opening and attempted it and that is where it went sideways for BG - if he had not intended to kill.

If he did it quickly, it might have caused the other to freeze and it ended quickly from there. One doesn't really know how they will react. That said, who knows - if he struck at Liberty, it may have been Abigail who put up the fight.

Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking. If a Christian, and pondering eternity, the murderer would be wise to proceed directly to the authorities and turn himself in. It is his eternal soul that will suffer, much worse than anything inflicted upon these two lovely young ladies that day.....much worse.

We don’t know if he is a Christian and pondering eternity. A true believer would probably not kill two teenagers to start with. So Carter is wrong in assuming, the Shack... this guy is probably not a Christian, inside, or if he is, he created a complex system of “earning redemption and forgiveness” that does not include prison.

I think he is not religious, but it is irrelevant.

More interesting is why he killed them. The situation might be more complicated than SA. I think such people kill out of perceived feeling of a threat.

I listened to the Delphi episodes on the Best Case, Worst Case podcast and I have to say it helped me a lot to understand the strategy behind the last presser. It may pay off in the end. There wasn't anything spectacular or revealing but those FBI agents really gave me confidence that LE know what they are doing.

MOO-Related in some way to a politician. (son, nephew, brother). Nationwide, there are two justice systems-one for politicians and their families, and a separate punitive one for everyone else.

not necessarily a high-standing politician. Local ones know a lot more about locals. DC’s position is political as well, and so are many others. You put this guy BG behind bars, and then his relative, some local commissioner or something minor, will have to leave., and it will bring down the whole group of his level - local politicians during the next elections.

I think is is more likely. Everyone is concerned about own position.

Seems to me that this is unlikely. I dont disagree that there arent different sets of rules for different folks (congresspersons ambush yesterday would have landed u and I in prison if they did what they did) but with the murder of 2 girls? I just dont see it.

I think IF this was the case, and LE knew who BG is but cant touch him, "leaks" would happen to the press to FORCE action. Just my opinion. Thoughts?

Well, this would be illegal. And what if he were mistaken again? They were mistaken once, I can not endorse a lynching mob approach, specifically with LE as DC, sorry.

There is a photograph of the big sketch that was on the easel at the PC. As it is a big blown up copy, it can be more easily seen on that. I will see if I can find and post the best copy to illustrate.

12.55 in this video of the PC shows the easel sketch and it can be seen on there. I will also try and find a still.

It is very clear in the pic in this article -

ISP: New Information Puts 'New Face' on Delphi Suspect

capture_387x400.jpg

ISP: New Information Puts 'New Face' on Delphi Suspect
Investigators believe the suspect "may be hiding in plain sight" and may live or work in Delphi.
WIBC News Room
Apr. 22, 2019
DELPHI, Ind. -- New information about the murders of Delphi teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German was released Monday by the Indiana State Police.

The new information includes:

• An updated sketch of the suspect.
  • A video clip of the suspect, pulled from Liberty German's cell phone.
  • An extended audio clip of the suspect, pulled from Liberty German's cell phone.
  • A description of a vehicle abandoned in the Delphi area on Feb. 13, 2017.
On Feb. 13, 2017, Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off near the Monon High Bridge, an abandoned railroad bridge near Delphi, to hang out. Their bodies were found on Feb. 14 in a wooded area not far from the bridge.

A New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

A new sketch of the suspect was released Monday by Indiana State Police.

capture_387x400.jpg

"New information leads us to believe the sketch is the person responsible," said ISP Superintendent Doug Carter. "We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but may appear younger than his true age."

Carter said investigators also believe he is from the Delphi area.
Thanks tresir for the links.

Very odd that on the ISP site page for the Delphi murders the only place the NBG sketch is shown is in the banner photo. If you enlarge that image the spots and even the shading is minimal to non-existent. The new video and audio, released at the same time as the NBG sketch, have numerous file links, the sketch itself doesn't even have it's own link.

In looking at the image you linked from the video of the April PC there is much more detail you can see the artist included, even what looks like freckles on the nose. Official sites and many news sites have the more white-washed image of the NBG sketch. The Carroll County Sheriff's website doesn't even seem to have it at all?

I really wish LE would comment more on this new sketch. It would certainly help locals to know what kind of complextion was described to the artist, including any marks to the skin such as freckles or moles.

Thanks tresir for the links.

Very odd that on the ISP site page for the Delphi murders the only place the NBG sketch is shown is in the banner photo. If you enlarge that image the spots and even the shading is minimal to non-existent. The new video and audio, released at the same time as the NBG sketch, have numerous file links, the sketch itself doesn't even have it's own link.

In looking at the image you linked from the video of the April PC there is much more detail you can see the artist included, even what looks like freckles on the nose. Official sites and many news sites have the more white-washed image of the NBG sketch. The Carroll County Sheriff's website doesn't even seem to have it at all?

I really wish LE would comment more on this new sketch. It would certainly help locals to know what kind of complextion was described to the artist, including any marks to the skin such as freckles or moles.

I can't let go of Carter saying BG will probably be a combination of the two sketches. That, to me, is one of the most telling statements made so far. In other words, focus on the video and audio. If you recognize the man in either, than don't put too much stock into the sketches. Sketches are really only a tool, IMO.

When I was little, I tried to describe a dog to my mom to find out what breed it was. She asked me to draw her a picture. It was no more than a cartoon, I'm sure, but it was enough to help her brain make a match when added to the other information I'd told her.

Last edited:
Thread #115 - Let this one be the one where the EVIL - SOB - LOSER, is locked up and behind bars where he belongs!!!

I would never have imagined on day one we would go through 115 threads and have no arrest. However Monster’s “luck” is going to run out one day.

Thank you to all of you for keeping the thread going and for not giving up on justice for Abigail and Liberty and their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89