Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #116

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see similarities. The uneven eyes, that high spot on his upper lip......I'm amazed when those little things pop up in a sketch. Those are the real clues.

There are similarities but the police sketch looks decades younger than the actual perp. The Monster in Abigail and Liberty’s case has got really lucky with the confusion over the bridge photo video still and the sketches. The photo of BG walking on the bridge looks totally different facially than sketch 2 he looks a lot older.

I wonder how Liberty’s Grandmother is doing I can’t believe how much the family are going though it’s inhumane.

There are similarities but the police sketch looks decades younger than the actual perp. The Monster in Abigail and Liberty’s case has got really lucky with the confusion over the bridge photo video still and the sketches. The photo of BG walking on the bridge looks totally different facially than sketch 2 he looks a lot older.

I wonder how Liberty’s Grandmother is doing I can’t believe how much the family are going though it’s inhumane.
And now they say don't disregard 1. <modsnip: Not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
It was one of the Grandfather's that mentioned in an interview that they may have gone to a brothers home. Did someone actually say "run away"?
I do recall someone saying about the brother’s house (I don’t recall hearing “run away”). My question is, why not continue searching & send 1 officer to the brother’s home to check? Not criticizing LE, just thinking out loud...MOO

BBM
I can understand how double-murder in a small town in broad daylight would not be LE's first assumption, but I don't understand how these girls could have been considered runaways. Not even for a moment. According to what has been released to public about them, they had no prior history of running away, no mental health concerns, and no personal drug involvement. Both girls were good students, active in sports, and in the school band at the time they disappeared. No precipitating events (such as a fight with a parent) were reported. The girls did not take money, belongings, or even warm jackets. Libby arranged a pick-up time with her dad, suggesting they planned to return from the hike as scheduled. The girls were looking forward to plans to go with BP to the mall as a reward for helping her with filing work earlier in the day. They sound as if they are responsible enough that they would not just go off with a friend and not be in contact with family.

Tis true many get the "teenager" treatment...
o they slipped off, they are drinking or something and it's getting late, they'll be home by morning after a cold night, at a friends and such!!
Been there with a sister years ago.......

The grandfather said that he didn't know Abigail Williams but that at first, he wasn't worried about the two friends.

'Family called from Delphi to see if Libby had come to Flora and if we had seen her' he said. 'The first thing on our minds was that she might have ran away, maybe she was trying to get to her mom's [in Kentucky].

'You don't know – a 14-year-old girl, she could have had an argument. Things like that go through your mind.

'Or maybe Abby got into a fight with someone and they were hiding out at her 18-year-old brother's house?

Grandfather of one of murdered Indiana teens speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Neither had a history of running away. KG would have known from dropping them off, if they brought some type of supplies or additional items,should they have planned on going somewhere else. As well, KG had to give both the girls her hoodies or jackets at the time she dropped them off. So all they had was 1 phone between them. And a definite pick up time.
It makes no sense to me that anyone would have or could have considered them runaways.
MOO

Just another huge misconception and assumption made by LE very early that was soooo wrong.
The girls ran away... though there was no history for that or indication they had prepared for it
They were at a friends house...though the families had called all their friends and found that not to be true.
The girls were lost...though they were familiar with area, the area is fairly small and narrow(you walk up the hills on either side and you’re out), they did not respond to people who called out their names in this small area
They were injured...though they didn’t respond to people yelling their names
And my favorite, they were in no danger...though it was mid-February and the girls were only lightly dressed.
I concede LE had no way of knowing the horror that had actually transpired, and it was in the end all moot, but from this it’s not too hard to imagine they made some huge assumption early on that led them in the wrong direction.

Thinking about coulda-shoulda-wouldas for LE myself, it's clear the offender has victimized everyone involved in this horrible event. The media aftermath reminds me of the reaction to Jack the Ripper's murders: frantic side-by-sides, conspiracies, false letters from the killer.

Let today be the day this loser is finally arrested.

Since they are not ruling out 2 POI in this case, one scenario is a father, son team. The son being the lookout and the father being the predator. The younger one may not have realized what he was going to do also, just stayed with a truck or vehicle and told to wait. I don't think this older guy on the bridge lives there, or the other person. Maybe traveling through, but he is too distinctive to miss. His gate is also a bit awkward, he appears to lean to the left, as if his right hip is a problem. But at any rate, he had a weapon to control the girls, for sure, a hand gun would make sense, but he didn't use it for his kill. Just my thoughts.

It’s been almost three years and LE has released no real information about this crime and this case is heading to Antarctica...cold, cold, cold. Obviously this strategy isn’t working and my hope is that at least by the third anniversary LE will release substantial information that will in able the public to HELP them. They need help! LE should keep a couple things to themselves for false confessions, etc. At this point I truly can’t see any reason not to release info. The goal is to catch the killer!

Perhaps they have their reasons for excluding MSM! and keeping it local. I personally have never seen before LE obliging and giving one off interviews to Youtubers as in this case. No doubt they have their reasons and rational. Quite unique as far as I am concerned and if it gets the results required sobeit.

MingyMoo

A comment on here made me think, if the public could get one (and only one) clue that has been withheld.. what one detail would be the most important in releasing to get the public to help notwithstanding that it has been 3 years since this happened and memories are short??

My thought: Weapon used in the murders: such as strangulation with hands, strangulation with rope. … knife (size, type).... hatchet..... blunt force with a rock....no weapon at all since they were just tied up and they died of exposure.... etc.)

If the local people knew the murder weapon used (although that could compromise the prosecution of the case), would that help the case any more?

A comment on here made me think, if the public could get one (and only one) clue that has been withheld.. what one detail would be the most important in releasing to get the public to help notwithstanding that it has been 3 years since this happened and memories are short??

My thought: Weapon used in the murders: such as strangulation with hands, strangulation with rope. … knife (size, type).... hatchet..... blunt force with a rock....no weapon at all since they were just tied up and they died of exposure.... etc.)

If the local people knew the murder weapon used (although that could compromise the prosecution of the case), would that help the case any more?
I have thought for some time that LE should release the weapon and/or COD.

If someone is on the fence thinking of someone to tip to LE, knowing the weapon could be the added reinforcement that swings their decision to report.

For example, what if the murder weapon was a machete, and they know the guy keeps a machete in his truck?

Or if the weapon was a large knife and they noticed their knife was missing from the kitchen?

Just examples but knowing a little more information could be the difference for someone deciding whether or not to tip someone.

I think more of BG's voice could greatly help, have a chance to jog ears and memories.

Would knowing if there was any SA help narrow the suspect pool?

My honest opinion is that they should NOT release the type of weapon. I understand why you guys would say that, but they HAVE to be sure they have the right guy, if and when there’s an arrest. They can not take that chance of compromising that, imo.

It’s a tough one...

I’m not sure how much releasing the weapon would help anyway, unless it was some unique caliber or samurai sword or something...I mean I guess then it could be worth the risk, perhaps a family member can identity that particular weapon, but if it’s a more generic weapon, knife or gun...

In other words, say it’s a .22 for example, lots of people have .22s...

We have to trust the FBI, ISP, etc knows more than we do. That’s what I keep telling myself.

Of course it would be great if they could release more information, but they must really feel strongly that this is not the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member