Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone watched the recent video by WapTek1?
Very unusual but it makes you think about how overly edited LE photo releases are. Moo

Thanks for pointing out the video by WapTeki. I watched it, and although I was put off by his constant use of profanity, which in my opinion detracts somewhat from his reliability, I agreed with his overall idea that local LE was in way over their heads, and that the likelihood of solving this case is growing more remote as time passes.

Thanks for pointing out the video by WapTeki. I watched it, and although I was put off by his constant use of profanity, which in my opinion detracts somewhat from his reliability, I agreed with his overall idea that local LE was in way over their heads, and that the likelihood of solving this case is growing more remote as time passes.

How do we get the video by WapTeki?

I believe this killer WAS local at one time. Either a resident or frequent visitor years ago. But I've often wondered if he isn't hiding in plain sight hours away. Louisville, Chicago or Ohio have all been possibilities to me. Just my gut feeling about it as I don't have any evidence to support it.
I agree, based on what profiling tells us, this guy would stand out, especially in a small town
Is there a thread here for that? Tia.

Well, in that case, @Beth11311, :), (good to see you btw, can you believe we are still here with no arrest?), you need to take a look at this important new thread:

MAP sues FBI (and others) for failure to report thousands of homicides
Sorry M I fell asleep and didn't see your post! Good to see you too, always - and no gosh I really can't believe it. I still remember when they were just missing, not found yet. We were all certain this would be wrapped up with everything it seemed LE had. And yet, here we are...And yes I was reading about the failure to report and the Native American under-reporting, it's wild. CRAZY.

Why do I want to know how they died? I am surprised by your question. Because I am a member of this true crime community. Because I am horrified by their murders, and want to know what happened to them. Don't you want to know?
No I don't. If LE want us to know they would not have sealed the autopsy. All we know is that it was brutal. I only want to know when they will be making an arrest.

I’ll put some on notice. There will be those who will be horrified by their autopsy report.
Wait, have you seen it?

ETA: Just curious, I don’t want to know details. Your comment just made it seem like you have firsthand knowledge of how bad the autopsy reports are, but maybe I just read it wrong!

Last edited:
I've been looking for historic cases of attacks on hiking trails and in remote areas. There really have not been very many that I have found. I grouped them in four categories:
1. Double abduction/murder
2. Abduction on a trail
3. No vehicle used in attack
4. Cold weather outdoor attack

I have only been able to find the Delphi case where there was a cold weather outdoor attack. All the other cases that I have found have all been in the spring or summer months.

Some of the cases fit into multiple categories and some of the cases were male/female attacks rather than attacks on females only. There were a few cases that I included that were sole females.

The cases seemed to fall into some general types of attacks.
1. Offender had obvious serious untreated mental illness
2. Attack included sexual assault
3. Serial Killer (Hilton, Carpenter, Scott)
4. Blitz attack - no obvious motive

The cases where the text is in green are unsolved cases but the location was similar to the Delphi case so I kept them on the list. There maybe something that turns out to be similar to the Delphi case.

[/QUOTE]

Another was Israel Keyes. He'd stalk people in wooded areas, in places with little foot traffic. He'd pick out a spot to abduct, and a nearby spot to torture, rape, and murder. He'd wait for people to walk into his trap.

Great resources and thanks for the research and efforts.

I did a similar search and compiling of cases a year ago or so, came to pretty much the same conclusions. These trail and park attacks are rare, but do happen and people have to be vigilant, there was one in Cuyahoga Nat. Park in Ohio, recently. Similar physical and clothing description as BG.

1. Double abduction/murder
2. Abduction on a trail
3. No vehicle used in attack
4. Cold weather outdoor attack

All great points to start from and use to categorize.

"No vehicle used in attack". Just let that sink in. So someone in reasonable to good physical shape, comfortable in the outdoors, and who had to plan the walk, the timing, the distances, etc., then get back to a vehicle with few witnesses. Physical exertion in colder weather taxes the body and mind, I can guarantee he was in the elements much of the time, or the entire time he was preying on people that day. While not a terribly cold day, he was overdressed and was carrying some weight, that would have required extra effort to walk those distances.

The circumstances are downright freaky to me, in that he had to have planned it out for some time, and maybe did some dry runs, as killers often times do. As a hiker, yes an attack in February perked my ears up, that was the first thing that jumped out at me that week about the circumstances (besides it involving two juveniles), so I got online to research the case and the place where it happened. Granted we had two mild Winters in a row around there, but a trail attack in colder U.S. states during the cold months is exceedingly rare. Usually they start popping up in late March or in April per my research, depending on how Spring goes.

Last edited:
A jogger was attacked on one of the popular trails in Cuyahoga National Park recently. Be careful out there, folks:

Man wanted after assaulting jogger at Cuyahoga Valley National Park

The man was wearing a hat, dark ski gloves, a dark zip-up heavy jacket and dark work pants. He is described as a white man with medium build and height.

One hopes. The only problem is, the article mentions the follicle, again. It is easier to obtain the shaft.

With continuing advances in science, one wonders how Delphi could not find the funds to replace the broken trails camera. It is on their newly re-elect mayor. MOO.

I hope science solves this case, but I think its unlikely to happen from hair. Hair that falls out easily is typically from breakage, that would not contain the DNA from the follicle, so I think this article might lead people to think its going to become a more mainstream method to solve crimes. Oh how I wish LE had enlisted the help of CeCe Moore back in 2018 when it was obvious they needed more help to solve this crime and when GEDmatch could be used. I'm hopeful the case still qualifies as "violent" enough that would allow LE to petition for a warrant for its use and perhaps her mastery will also prove to solve this *seemingly* cold case by the 3yr mark.

Fingers crossed that Libby "fought like he**" as her grandfather said she would. Hope she pulled handfuls of hair, and scratched BG bloody! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen