Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the coroner's reports in the state of Indiana:
https://www.in.gov/pac/files/Public_Access_To_Death_Records.pdf
snip...
Records Coroner Must Disclose to the Public
When a coroner investigates a death, the public must have access to records that include, among other things,
the following:
 the name, age, address, sex, and race of the deceased;
 the location where the body was found and, if different, the location where the death occurred;
 the name of the person reporting the death;
 the name of the person certifying the death;
 date and location of an autopsy;
 the name of the person who performed the autopsy; and
 probable cause, probable manner, and probable mechanism of death.
(I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a); see also I.C. § 36-2-14-10(a))
A coroner must compile the information required by I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a) within fourteen days after
completing an autopsy or toxicology report. (See I.C. § 36-2-14-18(f))
Pursuant to (I.C. § 36-2-14-18(g)), a prosecuting attorney may petition a court for an order precluding the
disclosure of information required by (I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a)).
Ives did not file the petition to seal the autopsy reports (case # 08C01-1703-MC-000094) until March 28, 2017; so I think there might have been a period of time that the reports were available to the public. I would be amazed if no reporters have seen them.
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

This was the main reason reason, MOO, given for the sealing:
4) The details related to the manner and mechanism of the deaths of Ms. Williams and Ms. German, if they remain confidential, make it easier for investigators to recognize a false confession as it is improbable for an innocent person to accurately describe the details of the deaths without personal knowledge.
Given the research I've done, I'm still not understanding their deep concern for a false confession.

Media Timeline 3 / Abby & Libby
Articles by Journal & Carrier / JConline
Feb. 16, 2017 - Nov. 19, 2019

Police: 'This is a double homicide investigation'
Feb. 16, 2017

Teens' visitation draws enormous crowd
Feb. 19, 2017

New details in Delphi killings to be released
Feb. 22, 2017

Police look beyond Delphi for suspect
Feb. 22, 2017

Audio clip released in Delphi double homicide
Feb. 23, 2017

Delphi killings: Rumors carry hefty consequences
Mar. 1, 2017

Police: Delphi, Columbus deaths not related
Mar. 6, 2017

Fresh tips flood investigators of Delphi killings
Mar. 13, 2017

Police corroborating alibis given in Delphi killings
Mar. 16, 2017

Police search property where Delphi teens found
Mar. 18, 2017

Hearing postponed for Delphi property owner
Mar. 21, 2017

Delphi land owner has April 3 court date
Mar. 22, 2017

Police unveil sketch of Delphi homicide suspect
July 17, 2017

Investigators doggedly pursue Libby and Abby's killer
Aug. 11, 2017

Delphi families send fliers to help track down killer
Sep. 16, 2017

Police investigate Colorado link to Delphi murders
Sep. 28, 2017

Colorado's intimidation suspect from Indiana is no stranger to crime
https://amp.jconline.com/amp/713951001
Sep. 28, 2017

Delphi hopes for answers in double homicides
Sep. 29, 2017

What we know about Delphi 'person of interest'
Oct. 2, 2017

Delphi detectives return; no link yet to Nations
Oct. 3, 2017

Delphi's person of interest faces more charges
Oct. 10, 2017

Delphi's person of interest faces 6 felonies
Oct. 11, 2017

Nations' wife on sketch: 'Lot of similarities'
Oct. 12, 2017

Wife doubts Nations involved in Delphi homicides
Oct. 23, 2017

Stolen innocence left in the wake of 2017 violence
Dec. 10, 2017

Dr. Phil's Abby, Libby segment moved to Wednesday
Dec. 12, 2017

Tips about killings increase after 'Dr. Phil Show'
Dec. 15, 2017

Delphi 'person of interest' pleads guilty in CO
Jan. 6, 2018

Delphi murder investigation extends into TN
Jan. 15, 2018

Tennessee sheriff's office misread the flier
Jan. 16, 2018

It's been one year since the Delphi slayings.
Feb. 8, 2018

Delphi homicides: Vigil set at one-year mark
Feb. 12, 2018

Delphi homicides: A year later, 'horrible to live like this’
Feb. 12, 2018

Delphi Double Homicide: Update on Abby and Libby Investigation
Feb. 13, 2018

Delphi homicides: Could broader DNA database help catch teens' killer?
Apr. 17, 2018

Familial DNA search might unlock Delphi killer's identity
June 1, 2018

Bangert: Delphi murders: Grandfather slowly gains ground on Abby & Libby softball fields
July 10, 2018

Police won't say if Fort Wayne's cold case suspect linked to Delphi killings
July 16, 2018

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’
Sep. 27, 2018

How Abby Williams and Libby German's families want you to honor their memory
Feb. 12, 2019

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'
Feb. 13, 2019

Replay: Press conference on Delphi murders investigation
Feb. 13, 2019

Delphi murders: Investigation update, Abby and Libby memorial planned on 2nd anniversary
February 13, 2019

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream
Mar. 29, 2019

Police take new direction in Delphi murder investigation
Apr. 19, 2019

ISP on Delphi killer: 'We believe you're hiding in plain sight'
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: Is Abby and Libby’s killer one of Delphi’s own? ISP says, yes
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: A timeline of the search for Abby and Libby's killer
Apr. 22, 2019

Police to Delphi killer: 'We're coming for you'
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies
Apr. 24, 2019

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released
Apr. 24, 2019

Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch
May 1, 2019

$1.2M to restore Monon High Bridge trail, scene in Delphi teens’ murder
May 3, 2019

Delphi murders: More than 2,700 new tips in past two weeks after sketch released
May 6, 2019

Delphi murders: Indiana starts crowdfunding effort for Abby & Libby Memorial Park
June 17, 2019

Police want to know if Etter is tied to Delphi killings
July 20, 2019

Purdue intramural lights headed to park memorializing Abby and Libby near Delphi
Nov. 19, 2019

——-

Media Timeline 1 / Abby & Libby

Articles by The Indy Channel / RTV6
March 2, 2017 - November 19, 2019
Media Timeline 1 / Abby & Libby
Articles by The Indy Channel / RTV6
March 2, 2017 - November 19, 2019

Singing Contractors pay tribute to Delphi teens
Mar 02, 2017

Delphi Daughters: How the family is coping
Apr 24, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 26, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 27, 2017

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge
Apr 27, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Take 1 minute for justice
Apr 28, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Delphi's Libby & Abby
Apr 28, 2017

Delphi reclaims trail where girls were murdered
May 07, 2017

One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold
Feb 12, 2018

Exclusive: Abby's grandpa talks about losing her
Feb 13, 2018

Libby German: "The world got short changed"
Feb 14, 2018

DELPHI: Libby's sister on life without her
Feb 15, 2018

'Angel Boxes' will honor Abby Williams' memory
Oct 12, 2018

Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
Jan 20, 2019

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later
Feb 12, 2019

Libby & Abby's families still believe ‘Today is the Day’
Feb 12, 2019

Here's how you can honor Libby & Abby
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi victim's sister hopes Twitter will help find murderer
Feb 13, 2019

DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer
Feb 13, 2019

How to save valuable time if your child is missing
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi community remains hopeful for arrest in teen's murders
Feb 14, 2019

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned
Feb 14, 2019

Hundreds of tips called in after 2-year Delphi presser
Feb 20, 2019

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens
Mar 29, 2019

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
Apr 22, 2019

Timeline: Investigation into the Delphi murders
Apr 22, 2019

New evidence in Delphi investigation leads to hundreds of new tips
Apr 23, 2019

New evidence in Delphi murders renews hope, fears
Apr 23, 2019

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders
Apr 24, 2019

ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released
Apr 29, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim turns to Twitter to help find killer
Apr 29, 2019

Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch
Apr 30, 2019

Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death
May 06, 2019

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released
May 13, 2019

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
May 15, 2019

Fundraising underway for Libby & Abby memorial park
Jun 19, 2019

Libby & Abby's families need to raise $50K for memorial park
Jun 25, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim debunks family, case rumors
Jul 10, 2019

Delphi families raise $50,000 for legacy park
Jul 15, 2019

Golf tournament held to raise money for Abby and Libby park
Aug 11, 2019

Libby German's grandmother speaks about cancer fight for first time since Delphi murders
Oct 16, 2019

'Abby's Angels' need your help to fill boxes for kids in need
Nov 11, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles
Nov 19, 2019

—-

Media Timeline 2 / Abby & Libby
Articles by IndyStar
July 19, 2017 - July 10, 2019

Last edited:
Regarding the coroner's reports in the state of Indiana:
https://www.in.gov/pac/files/Public_Access_To_Death_Records.pdf
snip...
Records Coroner Must Disclose to the Public
When a coroner investigates a death, the public must have access to records that include, among other things,
the following:
 the name, age, address, sex, and race of the deceased;
 the location where the body was found and, if different, the location where the death occurred;
 the name of the person reporting the death;
 the name of the person certifying the death;
 date and location of an autopsy;
 the name of the person who performed the autopsy; and
 probable cause, probable manner, and probable mechanism of death.
(I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a); see also I.C. § 36-2-14-10(a))
A coroner must compile the information required by I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a) within fourteen days after
completing an autopsy or toxicology report. (See I.C. § 36-2-14-18(f))
Pursuant to (I.C. § 36-2-14-18(g)), a prosecuting attorney may petition a court for an order precluding the
disclosure of information required by (I.C. § 36-2-14-18(a)).
Ives did not file the petition to seal the autopsy reports (case # 08C01-1703-MC-000094) until March 28, 2017; so I think there might have been a period of time that the reports were available to the public. I would be amazed if no reporters have seen them.
Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

This was the main reason reason, MOO, given for the sealing:
4) The details related to the manner and mechanism of the deaths of Ms. Williams and Ms. German, if they remain confidential, make it easier for investigators to recognize a false confession as it is improbable for an innocent person to accurately describe the details of the deaths without personal knowledge.
Given the research I've done, I'm still not understanding their deep concern for a false confession.

I concede false confessions are real and a concern. My thought has always been though that LE should keep a few things to themselves for those reasons, but the rest should be made public. Something in the manner they died could ring a bell for someone concerning somebody they know. I think that was true early on in 2017 and I think now, three years later, it’s still true.
Silence and secrecy have achieved nothing the last three years. Time to release some information. Let the public help.

Thank you for this. Lots of parallels, indeed.

Two things stand out - evidently, the person who was responsible in some cold cases was identified in the records within two weeks in each case, and was dismissed as a POI.

In the case of the Lyon sisters, the sketch of the POI, who was dismissed within a couple of weeks initially, is a dead-ringer. He was dismissed for being young when an older man was thought to be responsible. And 40 years later he admitted to the murders.

Makes me wonder if Abby and Libby's killer's name came up during the first two weeks and was dismissed - and if that's one of the reasons the new sketch was released.

I pray LE has given those early leads another look...we cannot wait 40 years.

This is what I think. He was dismissed because either DC thought “such a nice, churchgoing lad” could not do anything like it, or some local cops were like, “he is our (football, soccer, tennis) star, an A+ student, a good boy, the family donated to a new church...” something like it.

It was a human error (they are seasoned cops, but all humans are prone to lapses of judgment).

I now doubt if anyone came and knowingly misled them. They probably misled themselves.

In the Lyon case, it took a new pair of eyes after 40 years. Maybe the same happened here when they invited Georgia BI to step in.

My own opinion - maybe we have to look at patterns. I am not sure ISP is right in.stating he is a local.

I wonder if the person likes to abduct from the trails. I have just read about another woman in my state who disappeared when hiking from local trails. Maybe we should look at the predator’s nature and also, see if the women who disappear, country-wise, look similar. They often go for the same type.

One more
‘No words’: Weekend search for missing Moses Lake hiker ends – The Seattle Times

Last edited:
I concede false confessions are real and a concern. My thought has always been though that LE should keep a few things to themselves for those reasons, but the rest should be made public. Something in the manner they died could ring a bell for someone concerning somebody they know. I think that was true early on in 2017 and I think now, three years later, it’s still true.
Silence and secrecy have achieved nothing the last three years. Time to release some information. Let the public help.
I did quite a bit of digging some months ago on false confessions and couldn't find much. Here's what I found from the Innocence Project:
False Confessions & Recording Of Custodial Interrogations - Innocence Project
snip ...
Many of the nation’s more than 360 wrongful convictions overturned by DNA evidence involved some form of a false confession. It can be difficult to understand why a person would wrongly confess to a crime they did not commit. Researchers who study this phenomenon have determined that the following factors contribute to or cause false confessions:
Real or perceived intimidation of the suspect by law enforcement
Use of force by law enforcement during the interrogation, or perceived threat of force
Devious interrogation techniques, such as untrue statements about the presence of incriminating evidence
Fear, on the part of the suspect, that failure to confess will yield a harsher punishment
Compromised reasoning ability of the suspect, due to exhaustion, stress, hunger, substance use, and, in some cases, mental limitations, or limited education. Young people who do not understand their rights and are taught to please authority figures are particularly vulnerable.

The states that require recording of custodial interrogations:... Indiana...
Seems like most of them are caused due to LE techniques.

This is what I think. He was dismissed because either DC thought “such a nice, churchgoing lad” could not do anything like it, or some local cops were like, “he is our (football, soccer, tennis) star, an A+ student, a good boy, the family donated to a new church...” something like it.

It was a human error (they are seasoned cops, but all humans are prone to lapses of judgment).

I now doubt if anyone came and knowingly misled them. They probably misled themselves.

In the Lyon case, it took a new pair of eyes after 40 years. Maybe the same happened here when they invited Georgia BI to step in.

My own opinion - maybe we have to look at patterns. I am not sure ISP is right in.stating he is a local.

I wonder if the person likes to abduct from the trails. I have just read about another woman in my state who disappeared when hiking from local trails. Maybe we should look at the predator’s nature and also, see if the women who disappear, country-wise, look similar. They often go for the same type.

One more
‘No words’: Weekend search for missing Moses Lake hiker ends – The Seattle Times

Maybe we should look at trails disappearances in the US and compare the portraits? Remember TB. The same style?

I did quite a bit of digging some months ago on false confessions and couldn't find much. Here's what I found from the Innocence Project:
snip ...
Many of the nation’s more than 360 wrongful convictions overturned by DNA evidence involved some form of a false confession. It can be difficult to understand why a person would wrongly confess to a crime they did not commit. Researchers who study this phenomenon have determined that the following factors contribute to or cause false confessions:
Use of force by law enforcement during the interrogation, or perceived threat of force
Devious interrogation techniques, such as untrue statements about the presence of incriminating evidence
Fear, on the part of the suspect, that failure to confess will yield a harsher punishment
Compromised reasoning ability of the suspect, due to exhaustion, stress, hunger, substance use, and, in some cases, mental limitations, or limited education. Young people who do not understand their rights and are taught to please authority figures are particularly vulnerable.

That’s very interesting. LE would have you think that unstable people are lining up to try and spin a story to convince LE they are the killer, but in reality the false confessions are driven by LE themselves. Sounds to me it’s just a made-up excuse to release no information.

One more

If the killer is, in fact, local....and like you, I am not totally convinced of that...I agree with everything you say here. I especially like your statement about LE “They probably mislead themselves.” The outside agencies like the FBI should have insisted local LE completely investigate any and all.

snip ...

My question (after nearly 3 years) is this:
IF there was DNA collected at the crime scene and (presumably) LE has been able to rule individuals out, wouldn't they be able to do this with a false confessor?

I have no burning desire to know the details of their brutal murder, but IMO withholding the information to eliminate false confessions is no longer a valid reason (if DNA was collected and isolated to specific individuals).

I am left having to assume there are numerous touch DNA samples left on the girls, and now LE is attempting to determine which of these profiles belong to BG.

However; the statement by LE indicating there is plenty of evidence for a conviction confuses the heck out of me. Might there be another reason for withholding information? Who may have left their DNA on both girls without a valid connection to them? Or, is the only DNA collected from someone close to both of them? I'm (again) assuming this is the person hiding in plain sight- and the person LE doesn't want to share their investigative strategy with.

@Nerissa, I shall find the article I posted a few days ago about power sex offenders.

From another standpoint, “power” in such killings some psychologists equate with desire for sex, as opposed to “hate” - just anger towards women and mankind as whole.

If I were to take DC seriously, I had to assume there was some SA.

This is interesting. Power/Sex, Hate, Revenge? Which was it?

This is interesting. Power/Sex, Hate, Revenge? Which was it?

If he said, "power", apparently, sex. But it is from old 60-es psychologists. Trying to repost the article I liked

Can’t find it but

The motivation behind serial sexual homicide: is it sex, power, and control, or anger? - PubMed - NCBI

Here is another interesting one

The relationship between serial sexual murder and autoerotic asphyxiation. - PubMed - NCBI

mine is in thread 117 maybe I shall find it

Yeah! Found! This one is interesting!

Serial Homicide for Power and Control | Psychology Today

Last edited:
I think holding back info initially works, but at this point, 2 years later, the details should come out. I stronly believe the cause of death will help trigger memories, maybe someone saw rope, a knife, etc in their house, or in a mans jacket they live with, and thought nothing of it. Maybe if we knew the COD, these memories could be triggered.

At this point, LE should let everything they know out. JMO.

Bringing over from the media thread (non discussion thread over there :))

JohnnyChicago said:
Have the police dismissed Paul Etter as a suspect? If so, do we know the reasons why? The population in Delphi is around 3,000, so I am curious if the offender is actually hiding in plain sight or not? It would seem by now, a local would recognize someone even though the video/photo evidence isn't as clear as one would like. Perhaps someone from one of the 12 cities within 15 miles of Delphi is responsible?
I am about 6 hours into researching this case, so it is all pretty new to me. Looking forward to any further recommendations.

Media Timeline

Abigail Williams & Liberty German

Delphi, Indiana

(Articles by The Indy Channel/RTV6, IndyStar, and Journal & Carrier/JConline only - Compilation of Media Timelines 1, 2, 3 / by @margarita25 for WS / M25 12/3/2019)

Feb. 16, 2017

Feb. 19, 2017

Feb. 22, 2017

Feb. 22, 2017

Feb. 23, 2017

Mar. 1, 2017

Mar 02, 2017

Mar. 6, 2017

Mar. 13, 2017

Mar. 16, 2017

Mar. 18, 2017

Mar. 21, 2017

Mar. 22, 2017

Apr 24, 2017

Apr 26, 2017

Apr 27, 2017

Apr 27, 2017

Apr 28, 2017

Apr 28, 2017

May 07, 2017

July 17, 2017

ISP: Stop 'armchair sleuthing' on Delphi murders
July 19, 2017

Aug. 11, 2017

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone
Aug. 14, 2017

Sep. 16, 2017

Sep. 28, 2017

Sep. 28, 2017

Sep. 29, 2017

Oct. 2, 2017

Oct. 3, 2017

Oct. 10, 2017

Oct. 11, 2017

Oct. 12, 2017

Oct. 23, 2017

Dec. 10, 2017

Dec. 12, 2017

Dec. 15, 2017

Jan. 6, 2018

Jan. 15, 2018

Tenn. sheriff clarifies Delphi killer post
Jan. 15, 2018

Jan. 16, 2018

Warrant brings Delphi person of interest back to Indiana
Jan. 24, 2018

Feb. 8, 2018

Feb 12, 2018

Feb. 12, 2018

Feb. 12, 2018

Feb. 13, 2018

Feb 13, 2018

Feb 14, 2018

Feb 15, 2018

Apr. 17, 2018

June 1, 2018

Bangert: Delphi murders: Grandfather slowly gains ground on Abby & Libby softball fields
July 10, 2018

July 16, 2018

Delphi murders: Libby’s sister, at Ball State now, does ‘anything to keep the story alive’
Sep. 27, 2018

Oct 12, 2018

Jan 20, 2019

Feb 12, 2019

Feb 12, 2019

Feb. 12, 2019

Delphi murders: Abby & Libby’s families brace for 2nd anniversary, pray 'today is the day'
Feb. 13, 2019

Feb. 13, 2019

Delphi murders: Investigation update, Abby and Libby memorial planned on 2nd anniversary
February 13, 2019

Community prayer service held two years after unsolved Delphi murders
Feb. 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 14, 2019

Feb 14, 2019

Feb 20, 2019

Mar 29, 2019

Delphi murders: Dirt moves on Abby & Libby Park, their families’ hands-on, $1M dream
Mar. 29, 2019

Apr. 19, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr 22, 2019

Apr 22, 2019

Twitter / Delphi murders: What we know about the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders update 2019: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders 2019: Watch new video of suspect released by police
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

State Police release new audio, sketch related to 2017 Delphi murders
Apr. 22, 2019

Apr 23, 2019

Apr 23, 2019

Police release new evidence in Delphi murders
Apr. 23, 2019

Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years
Apr. 23, 2019

Apr 24, 2019

Apr. 24, 2019

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released
Apr. 24, 2019

Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say
Apr. 24, 2019

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders
Apr. 24, 2019

Apr 29, 2019

Apr 29, 2019

Apr 30, 2019

Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch
May 1, 2019

May 3, 2019

May 06, 2019

Delphi murders: More than 2,700 new tips in past two weeks after sketch released
May 6, 2019

May 13, 2019

May 15, 2019

Delphi murders: Indiana starts crowdfunding effort for Abby & Libby Memorial Park
June 17, 2019

Jun 19, 2019

Jun 25, 2019

Jul 10, 2019

'Rumors suck and they hurt people': Sister of Delphi murder victim addresses internet speculation
July 10, 2019

Jul 15, 2019

July 20, 2019

Aug 11, 2019

Libby German's grandmother speaks about cancer fight for first time since Delphi murders
Oct 16, 2019

Nov 11, 2019

Nov 19, 2019

Purdue intramural lights headed to park memorializing Abby and Libby near Delphi
Nov. 19, 2019

Last edited:
Media Timeline

Abigail Williams & Liberty German

Delphi, Indiana

(Articles by The Indy Channel/RTV6, IndyStar, and Journal & Carrier/JConline only - Compilation of Media Timelines 1, 2, 3 / by @margarita25 for WS / M25 12/3/2019)

Feb. 16, 2017

Feb. 19, 2017

Feb. 22, 2017

Feb. 22, 2017

Feb. 23, 2017

Mar. 1, 2017

Mar 02, 2017

Mar. 6, 2017

Mar. 13, 2017

Mar. 16, 2017

Mar. 18, 2017

Mar. 21, 2017

Mar. 22, 2017

Apr 24, 2017

Apr 26, 2017

Apr 27, 2017

Apr 27, 2017

Apr 28, 2017

Apr 28, 2017

May 07, 2017

July 17, 2017

ISP: Stop 'armchair sleuthing' on Delphi murders
July 19, 2017

Aug. 11, 2017

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone
Aug. 14, 2017

Sep. 16, 2017

Sep. 28, 2017

Sep. 28, 2017

Sep. 29, 2017

Oct. 2, 2017

Oct. 3, 2017

Oct. 10, 2017

Oct. 11, 2017

Oct. 12, 2017

Oct. 23, 2017

Dec. 10, 2017

Dec. 12, 2017

Dec. 15, 2017

Jan. 6, 2018

Jan. 15, 2018

Tenn. sheriff clarifies Delphi killer post
Jan. 15, 2018

Jan. 16, 2018

Warrant brings Delphi person of interest back to Indiana
Jan. 24, 2018

Feb. 8, 2018

Feb 12, 2018

Feb. 12, 2018

Feb. 12, 2018

Feb. 13, 2018

Feb 13, 2018

Feb 14, 2018

Feb 15, 2018

Apr. 17, 2018

June 1, 2018

July 10, 2018

July 16, 2018

Sep. 27, 2018

Oct 12, 2018

Jan 20, 2019

Feb 12, 2019

Feb 12, 2019

Feb. 12, 2019

Feb. 13, 2019

Feb. 13, 2019

February 13, 2019

Community prayer service held two years after unsolved Delphi murders
Feb. 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Feb 14, 2019

Feb 14, 2019

Feb 20, 2019

Mar 29, 2019

Mar. 29, 2019

Apr. 19, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr. 22, 2019

Apr 22, 2019

Apr 22, 2019

Twitter / Delphi murders: What we know about the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders update 2019: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders 2019: Watch new video of suspect released by police
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

State Police release new audio, sketch related to 2017 Delphi murders
Apr. 22, 2019

Apr 23, 2019

Apr 23, 2019

Police release new evidence in Delphi murders
Apr. 23, 2019

Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years
Apr. 23, 2019

Apr 24, 2019

Apr. 24, 2019

Apr. 24, 2019

Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say
Apr. 24, 2019

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders
Apr. 24, 2019

Apr 29, 2019

Apr 29, 2019

Apr 30, 2019

May 1, 2019

May 3, 2019

May 06, 2019

May 6, 2019

May 13, 2019

May 15, 2019

June 17, 2019

Jun 19, 2019

Jun 25, 2019

Jul 10, 2019

'Rumors suck and they hurt people': Sister of Delphi murder victim addresses internet speculation
July 10, 2019

Jul 15, 2019

July 20, 2019

Aug 11, 2019

Oct 16, 2019

Nov 11, 2019

Nov 19, 2019

Nov. 19, 2019
@margarita25
I wish I could like this a thousand times! Thank you!

"At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” Holeman said in August 2017.
Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby

From the April presser.....

"the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls."

"We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here."

Then this....
"Directly to the Killer,
who may be in this room:
We believe you were hiding in plain sight.
For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy"

Did they really think the killer was in that room?

If he's hiding in plain sight, that means to me he hasn't "run for the hills". IOW, he's carrying on in life in a relatively normal manner.

But even moreso, I've been wondering.....

Why would the killer be comfy in knowing LE would never shift gears to another investigative strategy?

So you have a video, (including footage we have yet to see), at least some voice recording, possibly more, some DNA, a sketch you are confident in, along with who knows what else evidence in the safe, the statements referenced above, which to me, are pretty revealing, and yet, no arrest.

Finally, and this my opinion, and MOO, I still think there is more than one person involved in this mess. :)

carry on.

"At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” Holeman said in August 2017.
Delphi murders update 2019: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of Abby and Libby

So you have a video, (including footage we have yet to see), at least some voice recording, possibly more, some DNA, a sketch you are confident in, along with who knows what else evidence in the safe, the statements referenced above, which to me, are pretty revealing, and yet, no arrest.
And then when he is onstage with both families at the 2018 CrimeCon, Holeman states '...we will not deny nor confirm that we have DNA.' Then in his very next sentence he states that the public realizes that in a crime like this you very rarely do not have DNA. This is in response to moderator, Ashleigh Banfield's question as to whether or not LE intends to DNA technology such genealogy familial matching.

The statements about the two sketches and DNA by LE is this case is frustrating to listen to.

I am curious how long the footage of the Bridge Predator there is on the phone that has not been released. Obviously we won't know until the police decide to release more to the public. Any idea of the distance she was standing from the Predator while filming? Is that why the image is so blurry? or was this a close up shot from a distance that led it to blur?

Have the police dismissed Paul Etter as a suspect? If so, do we know the reasons why? The population in Delphi is around 3,000, so I am curious if the offender is actually hiding in plain sight or not? It would seem by now, a local would recognize someone even though the video/photo evidence isn't as clear as one would like. Perhaps someone from one of the 12 cities within 15 miles of Delphi is responsible? It would appear to be someone that new the area and that people walked those trails and due to the isolation of the area, would recognize this to be an easy place to find a victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnjackson971@