Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the end of the semester, and holiday time. Many relatives will be traveling to and from the Delphi area. College students will be home on break! A billboard blitz and another press conference is needed, basically now! Billboards, cable TV banners! For the four nearest big towns! Urging families to be brave, to take a look at this case and the sketches and video and see if they have uneasy feelings that should be reported as tips! MOO!

No I don't. If LE want us to know they would not have sealed the autopsy. All we know is that it was brutal. I only want to know when they will be making an arrest.

the only reason would be to look for similar mode in other cases.

The thickness of these threads now is of epic proportions. I don’t think there has ever been a case here with so many threads?

JonBenet I know has tons of various threads here, her own forum.

Yes. And that case will never be solved. (( It is more of a memorial than a crime case now. But again, the unfairness of that case is so obvious. After all, JB was a 6-year old child, living in a splendid home, with an overly loving family, and that family did not protect her, neither from molestation nor from murder.

LE has said many things that flummox me....

For instance that they 'know' it's about 'power' to the perp....how do they KNOW that...?

Also: that the perp would 'never' believe they'd shift gears to another 'investigative strategy' - ??? I mean, huh?

How does LE know what the perp is thinking or not one way or another...?

What was the initial strategy much less the new one & how the heck would the perp know anyway...?

(one could argue the new strategy is the new drawing of 'BG' dude...but that's not a 'strategy' to my mind.....that's a drawing - plus: so whoppity-what....why would the perp 'never believe' that they'd have a new drawing of the 'perp' It does play into a scenario wherein someone close to the case at the get go gave false information that perpetuated & even created the drawing of the perp, aka original 'BG')

So much of LE's statements are just so enigmatic!

I'm beginning to think 'hiding in plain sight' is that this person is involved & pretends to be concerned.....a journalist, blogger, social worker, or even part of LE or emergency service personnel.....someone who might have been involved after the fact.

I say this because of the comment 'may be in this room'.....the comment of 'hiding in plain sight' is preceded by the former statement.
They hide in 'plain sight' by following the case blatantly

Just my own confused opinion folks!

@Nerissa, I shall find the article I posted a few days ago about power sex offenders.

From another standpoint, “power” in such killings some psychologists equate with desire for sex, as opposed to “hate” - just anger towards women and mankind as whole.

If I were to take DC seriously, I had to assume there was some SA.

It is the end of the semester, and holiday time. Many relatives will be traveling to and from the Delphi area. College students will be home on break! A billboard blitz and another press conference is needed, basically now! Billboards, cable TV banners! For the four nearest big towns! Urging families to be brave, to take a look at this case and the sketches and video and see if they have uneasy feelings that should be reported as tips! MOO!

I totally agree with you. I wish I was wealthy the whole world and their Mother would know about this case in the United States if I had my way. We need spots on The View, Good Morning America, billboards in around highways in Indiana and surrounding states and more.

Does anyone have a link to any info on RL please? If he went out to the dump immediately prior to the murders or within same timeframe drunk driving while under probation and/or a suspended license what odd timing is that to head to the dump? Unless he had been partying with someone or asked to give a ride wth would he go to the dump within that timeframe? Also he lived close to the bridge and crime scene correct?
Sorry but I am scratching my head on this one because either he gave a false alibi or is acquainted with the murder IMO

Ron Logan lives in unincorporated Carroll County and the people in these areas don't have trash pickup like people living in cities do. People who live out in these types of rural areas have to manage their own trash by hauling it to the dump themselves.

I've been looking for historic cases of attacks on hiking trails and in remote areas. There really have not been very many that I have found. I grouped them in four categories:
1. Double abduction/murder
2. Abduction on a trail
3. No vehicle used in attack
4. Cold weather outdoor attack

I have only been able to find the Delphi case where there was a cold weather outdoor attack. All the other cases that I have found have all been in the spring or summer months.

Some of the cases fit into multiple categories and some of the cases were male/female attacks rather than attacks on females only. There were a few cases that I included that were sole females.

The cases seemed to fall into some general types of attacks.
1. Offender had obvious serious untreated mental illness
2. Attack included sexual assault
3. Serial Killer (Hilton, Carpenter, Scott)
4. Blitz attack - no obvious motive

The cases where the text is in green are unsolved cases but the location was similar to the Delphi case so I kept them on the list. There maybe something that turns out to be similar to the Delphi case.

Thank you very much. Very interesting. And I looked up Susanna Stodden and Mary Cooper’s case..,It seems that in 2016, the body of yet another victim, Veronica Izhevskiy, was found in the forest near Mt Loop Hwy, 4 miles away from the Pinnacle Lake area, where Susanna and Mary, two hikers, were found murdered in 2006. One wonders if it is the hunting ground for a local SK. Found Deceased - WA - Vera Izhevskiy, 25, Bellingham, 10 November 2016

Here is an article written in 2015 about the disappearance of the Lyons sisters (1975). Eerie resemblance/forerunner of Abby @ Libby’s case. Also, it took police 40 years to look closer at the possible suspect who was “in plain sight”. A very interesting case and I see certain parallels.

True Crime Diary

Last edited:
I honestly, don’t remember. Maybe even here - I remember it was someone local who said it, and this is why it is so difficult, I don’t even remember who it local here. I shall try to find it.

<modsnip - Reddit info>

BTW, someone mentioned the cemetery where the girls are buried. I drove past it several times. It is on the outskirts of town and a very nice serene isolated wide open cemetery with plenty of room. The sites are quite a distance from the road, at least 50+ yards. I didn't know for sure which cemetery they were buried at but simply based on appearance that IOOF one seemed by far the most logical. It looked classiest and also large enough to handle funerals like that.

I never considered parking and looking for the headstones. I had done that earlier in the trip with the Sumter County Does in South Carolina. But that was a 43 year old case. Delphi was so fresh and emotional to the point the locals were obviously on edge. Within my first hour in town I was pumping gas at the Shell station downtown when an elderly man who was also pumping gas looked at my car and said, "Florida man, what are you doing here?" I said, "I'm here for the Purdue vs. Nebraska football game." He said, "That's not here. What are you doing HERE?"

I didn't take offense by that. I always try to gauge situational realities ahead of time. I had read Abby's mom saying she looks at people and wonders. But if I had any subsequent inclination to wander around the cemetery and take pictures of the graves, that encounter probably eliminated it.

Now 3 weeks removed and 1500 miles away I have looked at related posts and realize Abby's headstone, unlike Libby's, doesn't seem to be available online. If I had to do it over again I would have snapped a couple of photos and placed them tastefully within the photo album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a link to any info on RL please? If he went out to the dump immediately prior to the murders or within same timeframe drunk driving while under probation and/or a suspended license what odd timing is that to head to the dump? Unless he had been partying with someone or asked to give a ride wth would he go to the dump within that timeframe? Also he lived close to the bridge and crime scene correct?
Sorry but I am scratching my head on this one because either he gave a false alibi or is acquainted with the murder IMO

Google will turn up a lot on RL.
He was not DWI that day, the problem was he was driving while suspended.

I honestly, don’t remember. Maybe even here - I remember it was someone local who said it, and this is why it is so difficult, I don’t even remember who it local here. I shall try to find it.

Charlot, I found this early article, from before LE divulged where the two BG photos came from, which mentions this:

"Sgt. Riley would not say where the picture came from or if a security camera took the photo. He said he believes there is one security camera somewhere near the trails but, when asked where the camera is, he said he didn’t know."

It also has interesting insight into early swabbing, alibis and eliminating people as suspects.

“Basically, what we’re trying to do is eliminate those who we know are not the suspect and then create another row where these people could be somebody we need to look at,” Riley said"

That early on in investigation, how do you even say "those we know are not the suspect"? Maybe that's exactly what happened, premature elimination of someone that was then flagged later in early 2019 for some investigative reason. Possible new Georgia and FBI eyes going over old information saw something hurried and said go back to this guy? I don't know, just thinking outloud again.

Police question multiple people in Delphi girls’ murders

Media Timeline / Abby & Libby
Articles by The Indy Channel / RTV6
March 2, 2017 - November 19, 2019

Singing Contractors pay tribute to Delphi teens
Mar 02, 2017

Delphi Daughters: How the family is coping
Apr 24, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 26, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 27, 2017

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge
Apr 27, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Take 1 minute for justice
Apr 28, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Delphi's Libby & Abby
Apr 28, 2017

Delphi reclaims trail where girls were murdered
May 07, 2017

One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold
Feb 12, 2018

Exclusive: Abby's grandpa talks about losing her
Feb 13, 2018

Libby German: "The world got short changed"
Feb 14, 2018

DELPHI: Libby's sister on life without her
Feb 15, 2018

'Angel Boxes' will honor Abby Williams' memory
Oct 12, 2018

Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
Jan 20, 2019

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later
Feb 12, 2019

Libby & Abby's families still believe ‘Today is the Day’
Feb 12, 2019

Here's how you can honor Libby & Abby
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi victim's sister hopes Twitter will help find murderer
Feb 13, 2019

DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer
Feb 13, 2019

How to save valuable time if your child is missing
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi community remains hopeful for arrest in teen's murders
Feb 14, 2019

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned
Feb 14, 2019

Hundreds of tips called in after 2-year Delphi presser
Feb 20, 2019

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens
Mar 29, 2019

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
Apr 22, 2019

Timeline: Investigation into the Delphi murders
Apr 22, 2019

New evidence in Delphi investigation leads to hundreds of new tips
Apr 23, 2019

New evidence in Delphi murders renews hope, fears
Apr 23, 2019

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders
Apr 24, 2019

ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released
Apr 29, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim turns to Twitter to help find killer
Apr 29, 2019

Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch
Apr 30, 2019

Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death
May 06, 2019

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released
May 13, 2019

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
May 15, 2019

Fundraising underway for Libby & Abby memorial park
Jun 19, 2019

Libby & Abby's families need to raise $50K for memorial park
Jun 25, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim debunks family, case rumors
Jul 10, 2019

Delphi families raise $50,000 for legacy park
Jul 15, 2019

Golf tournament held to raise money for Abby and Libby park
Aug 11, 2019

Libby German's grandmother speaks about cancer fight for first time since Delphi murders
Oct 16, 2019

'Abby's Angels' need your help to fill boxes for kids in need
Nov 11, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles
Nov 19, 2019

I'm wondering, if he didn't need any alibi at all, because he is so trustworthy and well-known and it would have been so very outlandish at that time to suspect him. Maybe, there was a reasonable occasion for him to be in that area (around Delphi) and no questions were asked further. If he himself had questions re the murders and investigation, maybe, LE even told him their assumptions to a certain degree, because he is so trustworthy (they thought) or WAS trustworthy until the beginning of 2019. MOO
So maybe like ex LE you think?
MOO

Media Timeline 2 / Abby & Libby
Articles by IndyStar
July 19, 2017 - July 10, 2019

ISP: Stop 'armchair sleuthing' on Delphi murders
July 19, 2017

ISP: More audio recovered from slain Delphi teen's phone
Aug. 14, 2017

Tenn. sheriff clarifies Delphi killer post
Jan. 15, 2018

Warrant brings Delphi person of interest back to Indiana
Jan. 24, 2018

Community prayer service held two years after unsolved Delphi murders
Feb. 13, 2019

Twitter / Delphi murders: What we know about the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders update 2019: State Police to unveil 'new direction' aimed at catching the killer
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders 2019: Watch new video of suspect released by police
Apr. 22, 2019

Delphi murders: What's still missing 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby
Apr. 22, 2019

State Police release new audio, sketch related to 2017 Delphi murders
Apr. 22, 2019

Police release new evidence in Delphi murders
Apr. 23, 2019

Delphi murders: Investigators have had newly released suspect sketch for 2 years
Apr. 23, 2019

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders
Apr. 24, 2019

Two sketches released in Delphi murders are not of the same man, Indiana State Police say
Apr. 24, 2019

'Rumors suck and they hurt people': Sister of Delphi murder victim addresses internet speculation
July 10, 2019

——

Media Timeline 1 / Abby & Libby
March 2, 2017 - November 19, 2019:
Media Timeline / Abby & Libby
March 2, 2017 - November 19, 2019

Singing Contractors pay tribute to Delphi teens
Mar 02, 2017

Delphi Daughters: How the family is coping
Apr 24, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 26, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Abby & Libby
Apr 27, 2017

A 360 tour of the Monon High Bridge
Apr 27, 2017

Delphi Daughters: Take 1 minute for justice
Apr 28, 2017

WATCH: The untold story of Delphi's Libby & Abby
Apr 28, 2017

Delphi reclaims trail where girls were murdered
May 07, 2017

One Year Later: Why the Delphi case isn't cold
Feb 12, 2018

Exclusive: Abby's grandpa talks about losing her
Feb 13, 2018

Libby German: "The world got short changed"
Feb 14, 2018

DELPHI: Libby's sister on life without her
Feb 15, 2018

'Angel Boxes' will honor Abby Williams' memory
Oct 12, 2018

Delphi: Officials say Internet rumors can hurt investigation
Jan 20, 2019

Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later
Feb 12, 2019

Libby & Abby's families still believe ‘Today is the Day’
Feb 12, 2019

Here's how you can honor Libby & Abby
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi victim's sister hopes Twitter will help find murderer
Feb 13, 2019

DELPHI TIMELINE: The search for Libby & Abby's killer
Feb 13, 2019

How to save valuable time if your child is missing
Feb 13, 2019

Delphi community remains hopeful for arrest in teen's murders
Feb 14, 2019

Delphi investigator: We wont leave any stone unturned
Feb 14, 2019

Hundreds of tips called in after 2-year Delphi presser
Feb 20, 2019

Construction slow on memorial park for slain Delphi teens
Mar 29, 2019

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
Apr 22, 2019

Timeline: Investigation into the Delphi murders
Apr 22, 2019

New evidence in Delphi investigation leads to hundreds of new tips
Apr 23, 2019

New evidence in Delphi murders renews hope, fears
Apr 23, 2019

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders
Apr 24, 2019

ISP: Nearly 2K tips in week since new Delphi sketch released
Apr 29, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim turns to Twitter to help find killer
Apr 29, 2019

Sheriff: STOP comparing people online with Delphi sketch
Apr 30, 2019

Delphi: Over 42K tips received since Libby & Abby's death
May 06, 2019

Delphi: Over 3k tips received since new sketch released
May 13, 2019

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
May 15, 2019

Fundraising underway for Libby & Abby memorial park
Jun 19, 2019

Libby & Abby's families need to raise $50K for memorial park
Jun 25, 2019

Sister of Delphi murder victim debunks family, case rumors
Jul 10, 2019

Delphi families raise $50,000 for legacy park
Jul 15, 2019

Golf tournament held to raise money for Abby and Libby park
Aug 11, 2019

Libby German's grandmother speaks about cancer fight for first time since Delphi murders
Oct 16, 2019

'Abby's Angels' need your help to fill boxes for kids in need
Nov 11, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles
Nov 19, 2019

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Very interesting. And I looked up Susanna Stodden and Mary Cooper’s case..,It seems that in 2016, the body of yet another victim, Veronica Izhevskiy, was found in the forest near Mt Loop Hwy, 4 miles away from the Pinnacle Lake area, where Susanna and Mary, two hikers, were found murdered in 2006. One wonders if it is the hunting ground for a local SK. Found Deceased - WA - Vera Izhevskiy, 25, Bellingham, 10 November 2016

Here is an article written in 2015 about the disappearance of the Lyons sisters (1975). Eerie resemblance/forerunner of Abby @ Libby’s case. Also, it took police 40 years to look closer at the possible suspect who was “in plain sight”. A very interesting case and I see certain parallels.

True Crime Diary
Thank you for this. Lots of parallels, indeed.

Two things stand out - evidently, the person who was responsible in some cold cases was identified in the records within two weeks in each case, and was dismissed as a POI.

In the case of the Lyon sisters, the sketch of the POI, who was dismissed within a couple of weeks initially, is a dead-ringer. He was dismissed for being young when an older man was thought to be responsible. And 40 years later he admitted to the murders.

Makes me wonder if Abby and Libby's killer's name came up during the first two weeks and was dismissed - and if that's one of the reasons the new sketch was released.

I pray LE has given those early leads another look...we cannot wait 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeeeeeeeen