Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most on names in the US are borrowed. Ipswich in MA. Des Moines in several places. And, the original local names, Massachusetts, Mississippi, and towns, we have a lot, Snohomish, Skykomish, Tulalip, even Seattle. Even lakes (Huron, Ontario, etc).

But Pittsburgh in super original! )))
Lafayette has the similar idea, but not as unique.

They also had exceptionally unusual New Archangel, made of two languages, and not existing anywhere else, once.
Most of our names here are borrowed from the UK. Where I grew up - Louisiana - they were mostly French (Thibodeau, Bienville, DeSiard) or Indian like Atchafalaya or Ouachita. Even persons' names had different pronunciations than anywhere else. When it comes to town names, Delphi is kind of bland.

serial killer on the loose , walking the streets, driving around, living, breathing...murderer of children.

this case needs fresh eyes.. mOO
Back when a serial killer was defined as someone who killed at least three people in three separate incidents over a long period of time, the FBI estimated that there were 50 serial killers active in the US at any one time. (I always thought that number was low.) Now that only two separate murders qualify a murderer as a serial killer, there must be many, many more. Many likely make their murders look like accidents or vary their MOs enough that no one ever suspects the hand of a serial killer at work.
-
BG is just one of many. Dozens like him have fried in electric chairs or choked in gas chambers.

I’m still not sure if there is DNA evidence in this case, but just wondering what the laws are surrounding the use of familial DNA from ancestry or GED match. Is there a time period that needs to pass before this can be done? I know there has been a lot of cold cases solved, but I’m not sure I have heard of recent ones solved this way. TIA

The police/investigators have not revealed yet if they have DNA. I would like to assume their is DNA. Hopefully the two girls put up a struggle and more DNA got spread by the perp. The police are also keeping many things silent and out of the public because as they have stated something along the lines of how they know the killer is out for power and control and for that reason they will not give up information and let him know how far they have come in the case

Back when a serial killer was defined as someone who killed at least three people in three separate incidents over a long period of time, the FBI estimated that there were 50 serial killers active in the US at any one time. (I always thought that number was low.) Now that only two separate murders qualify a murderer as a serial killer, there must be many, many more. Many likely make their murders look like accidents or vary their MOs enough that no one ever suspects the hand of a serial killer at work.
-
BG is just one of many. Dozens like him have fried in electric chairs or choked in gas chambers.

Frying in the electric chair would be far too easy of a punishment for this monster. I hope they catch him alive, before he can commit suicide, and I hope they make sure he serves a long long sentence among prisoners who are not fond of child killers. Whatever sick thing we can imagine, I am sure prisoners have come up with something even more creative when torturing these pedos in prison

Indeed. I don't want to get too down on the police, but come on 3 years later and you have audio, video and other evidence yet to be released?

The families are finally getting annoyed and have had enough with the police. I can understand there loss of patience at this point. The Down the Hill podcast is pretty good if anyone has not had a chance to listen, give it a try!;):)

Most of our names here are borrowed from the UK. Where I grew up - Louisiana - they were mostly French (Thibodeau, Bienville, DeSiard) or Indian like Atchafalaya or Ouachita. Even persons' names had different pronunciations than anywhere else. When it comes to town names, Delphi is kind of bland.

You know what they need to make out of Delphi? A fraternal city with “that” Delphi! This would bring in capital into the town.

Many towns along America’s once-mighty railroad network have died out. The history of Leavenworth, a “Bavarian village” in WA state, is very interesting as it was totally invented by a couple who visited a Dutch village in California.
Leavenworth, Washington - Wikipedia

So out of a dying settlement, they created a beautiful theme town, and they have Octoberfest, and the Festival of Lights, and whatnot. And it brings money! German food, flowers, and bread.

I think if the Delphians play on the name, and make another “theme town”, visit Greece, invite some Greek Delphians back, erect several Corinthian columns here and there, and open a Greek cafe, it could work. I can’t imagine many traveling to the town because of the murders, but people would go miles for exotic themes. They can make an Olympia in the new park (mimicking Greek ruins is surprisingly easy). And they can sell Greek gold.

-
bbm
I'm guessing , BG doesn't like this reduction of him, being NOT an e-x-t-r-a-o-r-d-i-n-a-r-y killer. MOO

EPISODE 6 is out - HLN DOWN THE HILL "A WALK IN THE WOODS"

https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

Just listened.

The host asks DC, “With so many people looking for them that first night, why weren’t they found?”

DC replies after a pause, “Um...I think I’ll leave that question unanswered.”

Uh...

I think not answering is, itself, the answer.

NBA’s $50K grant for Abby & Libby park resonates on several levels in Delphi

Money for the softball park.

"Not just on the $50,000 coming to the Delphi nonprofit and its $1 million dream of a sports complex and community park, built to honor the memory of Abby Williams and Libby German. The friends were Delphi Community Middle School eighth-graders in 2017 when they were killed while hiking a popular trail near the Carroll County town.

But the timing of the All-Star Legacy Grant – along with the $2,100 scholarship that will go to a student in Delphi Community High School’s class of 2021 – struck Erskin.

“He said that year, and it really hit me,” Erskin, Abby Williams’ grandfather, said.

“It was very emotional,” he said. “I mentioned to him, ‘You know, that’s Abby’s and Libby’s class.’ There was this silence on the other end. I was quiet, too.”

To top it off: The NBA All-Star Game will be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Feb. 14, 2021. That will be the fourth anniversary of the day search parties found the girls in a wooded area, about a half-mile away from the Monon High Bridge Trail.

“That whole thing,” Erskin said, “man, it just resonated.” "

Just listened.

The host asks DC, “With so many people looking for them that first night, why weren’t they found?”

DC replies after a pause, “Um...I think I’ll leave that question unanswered.”

Uh...

I think not answering is, itself, the answer.

Just curious what you think the reason is?

As I said I believe it is likely there is no direct connection. You seemed to have ruled out an indirect connection as well. What good would such a connection be? Probably very little and LE probably wouldn't learn about such until they caught their killer. But what if the Delphi killer had an unusual, and vocal, fascination with the Iowa killings? This, along with any of the signs a killer of Abigail and Liberty might exhibit (e.g., change of appearance, sudden abuse of drugs/alcohol), might further lead to the killer.

As far as a direct connection there is too much distance and too many differences. Also, as you pointed out double murders like this are rare. I believe it was a retired FBI agent stated there were only a total of 15 cases in the US in the last 35-50 years. (I remember '15 cases', but I don't remember the time frame.) That said, what if it is the same killer and they have evolved? Lyric and Elizabeth were ages 10 and 8. That is a big difference between controlling children 8 or 10 and children 14 years old. In both cases the killer was bold. (I like the word 'bold' as opposed to 'confident'. 'Confident' just seems to have a more positive connotation for me and I see nothing positive about these killings.) In both cases this was a very bold killer who either planned well in advance or on the fly and could adapt his plan as the situation evolved. Did he evolve?

I think LE in the Evansdale murders know less than the Delphi investigators due to the length of time the bodies and crime scene was exposed to the elements before being examined. The fact that the lead investigator in the Delphi murders tends to avoid stating they believe there is no connection would lead me to believe there is enough doubt in their minds. And they know more about both cases than the public.

I believe that if this guy has killed before - or since - it was likely a single victim. And that victim may only be classified by LE as missing. That is, no body has been found and therefore no signatures.

And the signatures leads to another discussion. If the Delphi killer purposely left signatures, what satisfaction would he achieve if the bodies were not found? The killer in Evansdale appears to gone to great lengths to ensure the bodies would be hard to find, if not impossible. Such an effort might cause such signatures to be eliminated by weather and animals. A wasted effort in the mind of the killer if he left a signature or signatures. That seems to make the argument that the two crimes are not directly related. Unless, again, a killer evolved.

Right off the only sets of double murders that come to my mind are the ones that were committed not far from me. The Colonial Parkway Murders. And LE is not in complete agreement that all 4 sets are related. The one big argument for a direct relationship that they have is the question, "What are the chances of this many double murders in the same general area within this time frame?" Leaving out the 'general area', that question seems to be one that comes up with Evansdale and Delphi.
Agree. I highly doubt someone who has not killed before would select 2 young girls in broad daylight in a public place.
I am not sure what the FBI profile says, but imo he has definitely killed before. And aa you said, maybe the victim or victims have not been found.
I think he set out to hunt for victims that day. And unfortunately they were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. But i think SK because og 2 girls at the same time, broad daylight and very public place. Maybe not very populated at the time, idk. But certainly wasn't trying to be careful or not seen

The reason he didn't answer (1) or the reason they weren't found (2)?

MOO

1. They are mad they officially called of the search.
2 . They weren't found because they were hidden against a bank and covered by leaves and the terrain itself.
I was guessing from that remark, (probably incorrectly) that perhaps they felt that the searchers were somehow led away from the scene on purpose.

this is not a criticism, cases like this can freeze for years on end.
fresh eyes could work side by side with the on-going investigation.

fresh eyes.

I think our big chance is America's Most Wanted ..

I hope he can appeal to that someone who might remember someone who really disappeared, changed, lost it, fell apart, became obsessed etc...that one person who
has been in denial or afraid to come forward. I hope they can send the right message to reach that one person...that's all we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98