Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate saying this, but it's something I've considered all along. Depending on how wet he got, what if going through the cold water chilled him to the point of not being able to do what he intended to do (SA). That could have frustrated him, maybe causing various outward behaviours.

I’ve thought this too. Your idea here is why I don’t think crossing the creek was in the killer’s original plan. Too much of a chance of that happening to him. That’s why I think they only crossed the creek because the girls ran. I think he killed Abby first in a rage when he caught her. I think He fought and attempted to SA Libby but couldn’t, so he killed her in a bigger rage. Just my thoughts.

I’ve thought this too. Your idea here is why I don’t think crossing the creek was in the killer’s original plan. Too much of a chance of that happening to him. That’s why I think they only crossed the creek because the girls ran. I think he killed Abby first in a rage when he caught her. I think He fought and attempted to SA Libby but couldn’t, so he killed her in a bigger rage. Just my thoughts.
How did you determine which girl he caught first?

I've got an idea. BG should just give himself up now. Then the reward money can go towards the fund.

Does the reward money sit in an account or is it only collected from the person who donated if they need it? What if the person does not have the money years down the road? What if they never have to use it and years and years go by?

There's so many unknowns. We don't know if his intention ever was SA, we don't know if he crossed the creek purposefully, and we don't know what happened on either side of the creek except for the obvious end. It's like a tree. Every possibility branches into multiple other possibilities and so on. It's maddening.

I agree with the first point: he didn't plan to cross the creek by himself, IMO. Maybe, he was forced to do it to follow the girls and if he was, he didn't care at all at that moment. MOO

I agree with the first point: he didn't plan to cross the creek by himself, IMO. Maybe, he was forced to do it to follow the girls and if he was, he didn't care at all at that moment. MOO
BBM

This is very likely, IMO. I've said it before, but he had time during the hike and bridge crossing to consider what he was going to do and decide against it. Obviously he didn't.

I sometimes wonder if the more they tried to avoid him, the more set he was to engage them. I think it's possible he didn't even know what his intentions were until he had them cornered and things began to happen impulsively. IDK. He just as easily could have seen an opportunity and intended harm to begin with. Who knows.

Then what was his plan?

I concur because even though it was a warm day in February, I would run the hell away through a cold creek any day with or without a friend in tow!

No, the bridge is not needed strategically. It would be a centerpiece of the trail system. The bridge was necessary for a train route, beginning perhaps a century or more ago. Maybe locals would know where those tracks extended. I assume it curled the mile west through Delphi proper. Toward the south I have no idea.

The routing must have dictated crossing the ravine in that area. It was strictly a locomotive bridge so no use for pedestrians or to connect sections of the city, per your example of Europe. The first time I visited Europe decades ago I was amazed at how vital and interesting the bridges were. The shopping bridge in Florence comes to mind first. Also the great variance of bridges in Copenhagen. I could keep going...

I'm not even sure if that small enclave of Delphi behind the bridge even existed when the train tracks were built. Those homes are more widely spaced than Delphi proper. Freedom Bridge over State Road 25 now serves to connect one side of Delphi to the other side. Delphi proper is on the northwest of 25 while the bridge is on the southeast side. From what I've read the bridge trail renovation plans include an extension of the trail all the way to center Delphi itself. Right now it is possible to walk that route but it would be clumsy along the east/west main road through town. I doubt many people do it.

There are other functional bridges in Delphi. I saw one at Canal Park that did serve to unite small communities on two different sides. I believe that was called Wabash canal. But at Monon High the creek does sort of an S pattern underneath the bridge, if you can envision that. The girls were killed near the top left swirl of the S. Then the middle of the S would be directly underneath the bridge. Then the creek loops around to the right (north) once beyond the bridge.

Crossing the creek in that area is hardly a daily concern. That is a very low populated section of a very low populated town. State Road 25 crosses the creek not far from Freedom Bridge. That road would account for virtually every crossing.

Scroll lower at this link and the layout of the city is visible. Monon High Bridge Trail would be far right center of the map. You can see how isolated it is from the remainder of the town. I like that map because it shows the layout of the old railroad lines. As I suspected, it looks like the railway route through Monon High looped west to connect to other main lines in Delphi proper, and then exited with one track northwest near Canal Park and toward Pittsburg while another track curled southward near the current site of Trailhead Park. BTW, that's Pittsburg the Indiana version and not Pittsburgh, PA roughly 400 miles east:

Delphi Canal Center

Very interesting post, and wonderful link. Very artistically done, btw!

I know, there is only one Pittsburgh, lol! (I guessed myself, and correctly, that it was named by Brits (Scots), obviously, missing their PM W. Pitt. But I still had to Google for the origin of the “h”. )))

I think that all other Pittsburgs were named by the colonists who, obviously, missed their original Pittsburgh.

To think of, it is a very British name, but it is first made on US soil. Lots of other geographical names in this country are borrowed.

Very interesting post, and wonderful link. Very artistically done, btw!

I know, there is only one Pittsburgh, lol! (I guessed myself, and correctly, that it was named by Brits (Scots), obviously, missing their PM W. Pitt. But I still had to Google for the origin of the “h”. )))

I think that all other Pittsburgs were named by the colonists who, obviously, missed their original Pittsburgh.

To think of, it is a very British name, but it is first made on US soil. Lots of other geographical names in this country are borrowed.
Yes, we have a lot of borrowed names here in SE Virginia. Norfolk, Suffolk, Southampton, Yorktown, Charles City, Portsmouth, Hampton just to name a few.

Yes, we have a lot of borrowed names here in SE Virginia. Norfolk, Suffolk, Southampton, Yorktown, Charles City, Portsmouth, Hampton just to name a few.

Most on names in the US are borrowed. Ipswich in MA. Des Moines in several places. And, the original local names, Massachusetts, Mississippi, and towns, we have a lot, Snohomish, Skykomish, Tulalip, even Seattle. Even lakes (Huron, Ontario, etc).

But Pittsburgh in super original! )))
Lafayette has the similar idea, but not as unique.

They also had exceptionally unusual New Archangel, made of two languages, and not existing anywhere else, once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member