Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #121

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You. I missed that. I haven't followed this case as closely as others. I hope whoever knows who it is talks.
Sure! There is a load of msm to sift through over three years. I wish I could direct you to the exact timestamp in the podcast he said that, but I can't remember where. Maybe someone else knows?

I've been thinking about the bridge video and why BG isn't seen in either of the bridge pictures L took earlier. It's likely as simple as he was still out of sight on the north end. I just cannot convince myself that he started on the south end, as the podcasters and others have prescribed. I have no reason to feel that way, I just do. JMO

But I've also wondered if maybe the girls had already crossed the bridge and were heading back before he got on. For whatever reason they were uncomfortable passing him on the bridge (beyond the unspoken courtesy waiting that's been mentioned), so they went back to the south end, where L started her video.

If this was the case, I question again if they had a prior interaction with him on the trail, or if he got on the bridge and started acting strange. Maybe he was shouting things at them, or urinated off the bridge, or something weirder yet...IDK. Not like it makes any difference, either. Just curious.
I agree with that as well. I just can't see him starting out on the south end.

Gunshots are common in the midwest and most people would not pay attention or think anything about hearing a shot or multiple shots.
The area is very conservative and Delphi/Flora has a large Mennonite community, not a violent group.
This appears to me to be a random homicide. That is one reason clues are hard to come by. I think BG must still live near the area as well. He had some time or an afternoon to himself and that is where he chose to spend his time. I do not think he was some over the road guy just traveling through.
It's been long enough let's get this guy!
Michman015
My son FaceTimed with me on Sunday. He said, “guess where I am” and he showed me the bridge. While talking, he heard gunshots in the distance. So yes, it’s very common to hear. He lives in one of the little burgs near Delphi and had never heard of MHB until this horrible crime. I agree that BG was familiar with this area. It’s not just an area that you stumble upon. On a side note, my son showed me how beautiful this wooded area is. I understand why Libby and Abby loved spending time there.

Yes but I don't think most men would do that on their jeans so much, unless they're ex-military man wanting them just so. I used to iron my son's jeans that way long ago. Dark jeans would keep the crease very well but the faded kind would only show that faint outline like BG's left leg does. JMO

Jumping off your post, I have a friend who recently told me his wife wanted him to iron the bottom of his jeans. He started wearing some new boots he bought for riding and she's an equestrian. I can see looking crisp and tidy is something important in that arena (no pun intended). This makes my mind wander to cowboy, ranch hand or something along those lines, however, I don't see them being worried about having a crease in their jeans (not anymore than my friend had). I hadn't given it a second thought when he mentioned it until catching up here.

My husband wears Dickie jean and a lot of time when pulling them out of the dryer there's already somewhat of a crease mid-leg down.

Random thoughts and MOO.

Very, true.

BG, however, is wearing non uniform clothes that seem to have creases. Though a lot of men have creased church,dress or "business" clothes, in my experience, I have recently seen two types of men with creases in non uniform, everyday clothes:

- Elderly men such as two relatives' whose work or farm clothes were / are creased by their wives "olde school style". Mennonites are "old school" as a group. and I would not be surprised if some younger Mennonites have creased work clothes.

- Long term former servicemen, Marines in particular. I even asked one retired Marine about it. He told me that he personally irons and creases most of his every day clothes. After 20 years of daily habit with the Marines, he simply felt strange not doing it.

It is, of course, entirely possible for another person to crease every day clothes from personal preference. I just have only known men from the two groups above to do it recently.
I really think this is a keen observation. Combine that with the authoritative command “down the hill”, I would profile military affiliation of some sort.

I once dated a LEO who had similar spit and polished behaviors. Precision in dress and appearance.

amateur opinion and speculation

I've been thinking about the bridge video and why BG isn't seen in either of the bridge pictures L took earlier. It's likely as simple as he was still out of sight on the north end. I just cannot convince myself that he started on the south end, as the podcasters and others have prescribed. I have no reason to feel that way, I just do. JMO

But I've also wondered if maybe the girls had already crossed the bridge and were heading back before he got on. For whatever reason they were uncomfortable passing him on the bridge (beyond the unspoken courtesy waiting that's been mentioned), so they went back to the south end, where L started her video.

If this was the case, I question again if they had a prior interaction with him on the trail, or if he got on the bridge and started acting strange. Maybe he was shouting things at them, or urinated off the bridge, or something weirder yet...IDK. Not like it makes any difference, either. Just curious.

I have always felt like BG used some type of authority approach, Like hey you aren't allowed to be on this bridge. You need to get off now, go here and down the hill.

Until the day comes where investigators start looking outside of the Delphi, Indiana area for the killer, I think this case is going to remain unsolved. I think it is a truck driver. After 3 years I think this truck driver probably lives in a state with wide open spaces like Idaho, Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, or Wyoming. He may even have been from Canada.

The main question that stands out in this case is "Where did the killer leave their vehicle?" I do not think investigators are right about that aspect of the case either. They seem to be saying the killer left the vehicle out in the open next to some building near the trail. I think this is the person police describe from sketch number 2, but the sketches are so confusing too so I am not sure.

It is interesting to look back later once a case is solved to see how close people were with their thoughts regarding the details of the case. Hopefully someday we will be able to do that.

Could the BG be someone like this Austin Horrouff who murdered a couple when obviously high as.
He’s interviewed by Dr Phil here. He denies he took any substances but I think we know otherwise.
His father is a doctor, he comes from a good family....

I sometimes think one is “normal”, let us say, an assassin, and the other one, totally psychotic.

in my feeling, yes. But the assassin, definitely was a man. The other one, could be a man, a woman, two-souls or someone else. Gender is probably less important than psychosis.

He was probably watching at home. Sitting in his beanbag chair in his underwear, eating Cheetos and grinning.

I don’t think so. I think he was at home, probably dressed, probably eating something, but I think that he did have a worried crease between his brows. It is not about, “ha, they don’t know much”, it is about “what will science discover tomorrow?”

Unfortunately; Abby was deceased when her body was discovered. She wasn't able to tell them anything. :(

I would agree with you in the literal sense that she was unable to tell her tale, but with a body found so soon after the crime the whole story is there, it just needs to be read and the tale told. That is what is so frustrating about this crime, there is a full story here.

Method, motive, signatures. We even have a sound track and visuals. What more could be wished for?

If a sex worker goes missing from near a trailer park, found months later in a ditch in the next state - that's a murder with nothing to go on and yet they do still get solved.

But the Delphi killings have all the boxes filled. All except the one that gives his name and address, and LE want that delivered into their laps too, the 'one key tip'. As someone said before me, EVERY crime would be solved with that 'one key tip' because it's the one that gives the answer.

I admire Supt Carter and Mike Patty's religious beliefs and their assertion that 'good will always win out over evil' (Down the Hill Episode 9- 31 min), and that they hope it will be resolved 'in our lifetime', but most of us run to a shorter timescale, and meanwhile this killer is still out there undoubtedly taking more innocent lives.

I'm sorry and I know everyone involved in this case is desperate to solve it but something major has to have been overlooked; and with no progress an element of complacency has crept in. Without a new set of eyes, be that a new task force or public information I cant see this case going anywhere any time soon.

Another couple of attacks may do it but given this killers vile MO "How you left those girls is not how they are today" I don't find that reassuring and nor would any poor potential victims.

I don’t think so. I think he was at home, probably dressed, probably eating something, but I think that he did have a worried crease between his brows. It is not about, “ha, they don’t know much”, it is about “what will science discover tomorrow?”
I agree he likely went home and had a celebratory dinner. He likely laid out whatever trophies he collected and looked at them/touched them to nourish the memory. However, I have no doubt he plotzed when he saw his picture and voice recording on T.V.

That's right Loser, outwitted by a kid. And in the end, she'll win.
Loser.

Amateur opinion and speculation

My hope is that as time ticks by BG will mess up ENOUGH to have his DNA collected by LE. I also hope LE has enough DNA of BG from Abby & Libby's murder so that a match can then be made.
It will take time, but there is always hope.
Rest in peace, sweet girls.
MOO

My hope is that as time ticks by BG will mess up ENOUGH to have his DNA collected by LE. I also hope LE has enough DNA of BG from Abby & Libby's murder so that a match can then be made.
It will take time, but there is always hope.
Rest in peace, sweet girls.
MOO

Given the viciousness of this crime, I suspect that if BG is alive, LE's picking up his DNA somehow is pretty close to inevitable, and may already have happened.

I'm less confident that there's a DNA match to be made, tho genetic tech is ever-evolving, so there's definitely some hope there. My sense from the way that LE have managed the investigation, and specifically the last few PCs/public appeals, is that they may not be wholly confident in their DNA leading to an arrest. JMO.

Just checking in. I've not posted much in a long while but have been here since the beginning. I can't believe we are still looking for BG. Incredible.

I still have my sights on someone and I'm wondering if, in all this chaos in the world right now, something will slip up, or someone will slip up, and we will be able to put an end to all of this.

I just have a gut feeling that something may happen soon because they'll get sloppy, maybe not think anyone is watching them or thinking about them with everything else that's going on and let their guard down.

If nothing else, it's my hope.

MOO

Given the viciousness of this crime, I suspect that if BG is alive, LE's picking up his DNA somehow is pretty close to inevitable, and may already have happened.

I'm less confident that there's a DNA match to be made, tho genetic tech is ever-evolving, so there's definitely some hope there. My sense from the way that LE have managed the investigation, and specifically the last few PCs/public appeals, is that they may not be wholly confident in their DNA leading to an arrest. JMO.
It's possible that the only DNA LE has is Low Count Number (LCN) DNA from touch. It convicted Amanda Knox and her boyfriend but then was deemed contaminated, which ultimately freed them. I don't know how US courts handle working with it. It was developed in UK and they had controversy with it. Just a thought.

Just checking in. I've not posted much in a long while but have been here since the beginning. I can't believe we are still looking for BG. Incredible.

I still have my sights on someone and I'm wondering if, in all this chaos in the world right now, something will slip up, or someone will slip up, and we will be able to put an end to all of this.

I just have a gut feeling that something may happen soon because they'll get sloppy, maybe not think anyone is watching them or thinking about them with everything else that's going on and let their guard down.

If nothing else, it's my hope.

MOO
You are making a good point about this moment in time. I have had similar thoughts.

Seems like a good time for LE to make some kind of move to get public attention. Maybe tell us what, if anything, they believe BG is wearing on his head, for instance.

To those hoping for a DNA revelation in the near future, I think that is unlikely.

It seems to me that any lab capable of analyzing DNA/RNA/etc. have likely been temporarily re-tasked with virus-related matters like contact tracing....things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring