Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I seem to recall in early days of this investigation that LE looked thoroughly into their social media interactions.
Did LE ever say there was nothing there? I don't recall seeing any statements one way or the other, just that statement to be aware of what your kids are doing. You would think if there was an online connection it would have led to an arrest but having video and audio of the killer would seem to be very good as far as that goes also. It hasn't been.

In various podcasts it seems like profilers suppose that Carter was speaking to the killer in an attempt to agitate him and they believe his speech was “scripted” to try to tease a response from the killer, put him under pressure, etc. Carter talks about his belief that the killer has one shred of a conscience left. And yet other profilers talk about how a killer like this would go home and eat a hamburger and not worry at all about the victims. So which is it? Does a killer like this have a conscience? I wouldn’t think so. But in Carter’s speech in the last press conference he is attempting to appeal to that conscience. This confuses me.

MOO, IMO etc.
Carter isn't a profiler and may not understand psychopaths very well. Moreover, Carter's religious beliefs may color his views; he may want to believe that everyone is redeemable.
Without a doubt, BG is a conscienceless psychopath. Having his voice and image out there may have forced him into a hiatus, but if he has the chance, he will eventually kill again and enjoy it.

Maybe it's tied to girl's social media. The warning of knowing what your children are doing still nags at me. It's not like the girl's just took off to the trails without asking and getting rides to and from for just certain amount of time also. Everything they did was with adults knowing where they were so that warning seems a bit out of place unless maybe something/someone online played a part in the girls choose to go there that day.

Didn't Libby call around trying to find a ride to the trails? I swear I either read that or heard it on a podcast. I keep wondering if a dad/uncle/brother was asked or overheard the conversation and was alerted to girls going to the bridge.

Didn't Libby call around trying to find a ride to the trails? I swear I either read that or heard it on a podcast. I keep wondering if a dad/uncle/brother was asked or overheard the conversation and was alerted to girls going to the bridge.

Seems like if BG was a family member of one of the girls’ friends, they would have been ID’d by someone by now.
I just don’t get why, if the killer is from Delphi or the area as LE suggests, no one has recognized him. Makes me kinda think they are wrong about that.

Seems like if BG was a family member of one of the girls’ friends, they would have been ID’d by someone by now.
I just don’t get why, if the killer is from Delphi or the area as LE suggests, no one has recognized him. Makes me kinda think they are wrong about that.

I don't mean her family member, but a family member/friend of a friend that overheard the looking for a ride to the trails.

I keep feeling it's someone that was "in the know" without anybody knowing he was aware of the plans.

I thought it was just the girls asking Libby's Grandma, then Kelsei and getting ahold of Libby's father for a ride home while on the ride to the trails. I hadn't heard about any others being called for rides.

I am so sorry I can't get away from this thought and have changed my mind several times. The motivation for the murders is unknown.

IMHO it was an angry loss of temper attack possibly triggered by the youngsters saying something within ear shot that tipped BG over the edge and he ceased being rational. I still stick with the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am actualually toying with the idea one girl got knocked by accident off the bridge and the other ordered down the hill. I really dont know. All I know is my gut instinct says wrong place wrong time, therefore not planned.

That is just me and my Humble Opinion at this moment in time. Tomorrow I may have a different thought.

I really wish, hope the BG can find some good grace and hand himself in.

BG if you are out there watching this forum. For the peace of Libby & Abby's family. Perhaps your own family call in that tip and lead LE to you

As always
MingyMoo

Carter isn't a profiler and may not understand psychopaths very well. Moreover, Carter's religious beliefs may color his views; he may want to believe that everyone is redeemable.
Without a doubt, BG is a conscienceless psychopath. Having his voice and image out there may have forced him into a hiatus, but if he has the chance, he will eventually kill again and enjoy it.

Agree. I think it's pretty clear from that presser, with its Shack references. I think it would be a grave mistake to expect the brutal killer of two young girls to suffer from a tortured conscience that will force him into the light, just as it would be (IMO) to rely on an interested and all-seeing providence to reveal said killer. If this killer is going to be caught it's going to be via a mistake or solid investigative work, hopefully before he harms or kills again.

I am so sorry I can't get away from this thought and have changed my mind several times. The motivation for the murders is unknown.

IMHO it was an angry loss of temper attack possibly triggered by the youngsters saying something within ear shot that tipped BG over the edge and he ceased being rational. I still stick with the girls were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am actualually toying with the idea one girl got knocked by accident off the bridge and the other ordered down the hill. I really dont know. All I know is my gut instinct says wrong place wrong time, therefore not planned.

That is just me and my Humble Opinion at this moment in time. Tomorrow I may have a different thought.

I really wish, hope the BG can find some good grace and hand himself in.

BG if you are out there watching this forum. For the peace of Libby & Abby's family. Perhaps your own family call in that tip and lead LE to you

As always
MingyMoo

I'm trying to imagine how the scenario you're proposing would play out...so one girl gets pushed off the bridge, is killed or severely injured in the fall, and then BG carries her to the place where the bodies are eventually found? While also controlling the other girl?

IMO both girls were too heavy to make this feasible. It's a couple hundred yards of walking, across a creek and up a bank that looked steep to climb, much less with a hundred pounds or two hundred pounds in tow.

I'm trying to imagine how the scenario you're proposing would play out...so one girl gets pushed off the bridge, is killed or severely injured in the fall, and then BG carries her to the place where the bodies are eventually found? While also controlling the other girl?

IMO both girls were too heavy to make this feasible. It's a couple hundred yards of walking, across a creek and up a bank that looked steep to climb, much less with a hundred pounds or two hundred pounds in tow.
I am just trying to imagine all possibilities and this is one we havent explored I am not saying pushed I am sort of saying walked past and an accident. This would mean BG came from the SE of the Bridge walked passed the girls then turned I really dont know.

MingyMoo

Last edited:
I am just trying to imagine all possibilities and this is one we havent explored

MingyMoo

To me, it doesn't bear further exploration since both bodies were found farther out than could be explained by a fall and I don't logically see how even the lighter of the two could be carried to the place where they were found. But that's MOO.

To me, it doesn't bear further exploration since both bodies were found farther out than could be explained by a fall and I don't logically see how even the lighter of the two could be carried to the place where they were found. But that's MOO.
Thats fine it was just a thought cheers for the feedback

MingyMoo

you’re gonna make me pull up Lincoln's day school off lol
I thought msm said it was an extra snow day to burn. Either way just trying to figure out crime of opportunity or planned out and perp

Some folks in Illinois get that day off every year.

Indiana does not.

Delphi Community Schools had the day off to burn a snow day.

Now what got them to switch directions, go to the different sketch, and claim BG is local is something I've wondered about, however Supt. Carter vaguely alluded to "information" they had come across, maybe he used the word 'intel' too I don't remember, that got them to switch direction in the case. During the 4.22.17 PC.

JMO

They didn't change toward local. The local cops always believed he was local. Frankly I don't think they are capable of any perspective beyond that. Year after year they deal with nothing but local perpetrators. Robert Ives conceded in two decades as Carroll County prosecutor he never had an unsolved murder or any murder committed by a stranger. That's the situational influence we are dealing with here. It's the reason I don't put any stock in statements by Leazenby or Carter. They speak based on every bias from their career background.

It was Ives who said in "Down the Hill" that originally he went along with the consensus that Bridge Guy was local, but now he worries it might have been merely someone passing through. That statement right there was more revealing toward local law enforcement thought process than anything from a presser. Ives was still employed locally during the early stage of this investigation. Maybe he recently came back. I don't follow all the particulars.

Actually there was one revealing quote from Leazenby, the one where he said they go "back and forth" on one or two perpetrators. That is the single most meaningful and damning indication from calendar year 2020. It more than wiped out everything else from that local newspaper article.

They didn't change toward local. The local cops always believed he was local. Frankly I don't think they are capable of any perspective beyond that. Year after year they deal with nothing but local perpetrators. Robert Ives conceded in two decades as Carroll County prosecutor he never had an unsolved murder or any murder committed by a stranger. That's the situational influence we are dealing with here. It's the reason I don't put any stock in statements by Leazenby or Carter. They speak based on every bias from their career background.

It was Ives who said in "Down the Hill" that originally he went along with the consensus that Bridge Guy was local, but now he worries it might have been merely someone passing through. That statement right there was more revealing toward local law enforcement thought process than anything from a presser. Ives was still employed locally during the early stage of this investigation. Maybe he recently came back. I don't follow all the particulars.

Actually there was one revealing quote from Leazenby, the one where he said they go "back and forth" on one or two perpetrators. That is the single most meaningful and damning indication from calendar year 2020. It more than wiped out everything else from that local newspaper article.
I don't understand why they would go nationwide with billboards if they thought killer was local in the beginning?

Did LE ever say there was nothing there? I don't recall seeing any statements one way or the other, just that statement to be aware of what your kids are doing. You would think if there was an online connection it would have led to an arrest but having video and audio of the killer would seem to be very good as far as that goes also. It hasn't been.
I believe they did say there were no clues or whatever in the social media posts. Can't be certain though. Maybe someone else remembers.

It's really quite absurd.

I thought it was just the girls asking Libby's Grandma, then Kelsei and getting ahold of Libby's father for a ride home while on the ride to the trails. I hadn't heard about any others being called for rides.
Agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member