Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much undergrowth visible in the pics. moo

rich-van-wyk-twitter-C4zPedmXUAAzn73.jpg

The area where the girls bodies were found

Why have police not found man who teens filmed before their murder?

I am a little surprised/confused regarding the photo you posted.

It almost looks like a horizontal road or path at the top of the photo. However, my recollection of the NORTH of the creek crime scene from the area and comparing to google earth that is a place with no road or path. Maybe the photo is not oriented in the way I am thinking.

Or could this photo be from a new crime scene area on the SOUTH side of the creek?

Ok, forget it. I went to look at photos and it appears the road is just a couple of fallen trees that happen to be oriented in a line like that. My bad.

I'm sorry. Can you access Imgur? I don't have an account but maybe someone can post it there? I don't know, is that allowed?
I won't cause trouble, thank you. It is, like it is. I only needed to explain in short version, why I'm not up-to-date with some things, for example the heart, one can see somewhere on the ground. I know, I tried already before to get to the source.

Sometimes a poster is highlighting a part of the news articles and I'm thankfully able to benefit from it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I never noticed that heart before. I think a few places on the bank may show partial shoe prints, especially a side of a heel on the bottom left area. There are a few other spots on the right side of photo that look like they were possibly disturbed by foot traffic.
I suppose the heart shape in the ground, if man made, could have been made by others out exploring, or a romantic young couple, or even by someone in honor of the girls. There’s no explanation given.

Now that shallow trench looks even more like a heart to me when I saw this photo before, and that big branch could have been what the killer used to make it. I know this sounds crazy to those who think it’s just a shape carved out by water. Unless there’s another explanation from someone, I think it might be one of the signatures.

MOO I doubt the photo depicts anything other than where the girls, and the murderer(s), scrambled up the bank, thence to the CS.

Attachments

• 58a39f292ad2c.image.jpg
    58a39f292ad2c.image.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 159
MOO I doubt the photo depicts anything other than where the girls, and the murderer(s), scrambled up the bank, thence to the CS.

I don't even think it depicts that. I was aware of that photo when I visited the bridge area and Deer Creek. But I couldn't find any area that resembled it. Finally I kept looking after returning from the trip. It is further right (upstream). That is not the likely crossing area.

It is an interesting photo but now I believe it was the investigator walking fully along the bank looking for any indications, and J Kyle Keener just happened to capture him when he was in that area further upstream.

From Blue’s link -

“Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found...”

Interesting. If they found and followed footprints that leads me to believe Bridge Guy did ascend vertically toward the cemetery, instead of walking close to Deer Creek back toward the trail on departure.

When I visited the trail area the severe upslopes were easily the softest areas and most prone to footprints. Granted, I didn't go across to Logan's property. But while wandering back toward Hoosier Heartland Highway I crossed Bridge Creek and ascended toward something I later learned was called the Monon High Bridge Overlook. That ascent was steep and soft, footing often giving way when I wasn't expecting it.

I guess the ascent could also have been 45 degree angle, not exiting toward the cemetery but also not close to the creek. That would enable staying within the trees and out of sight, but also gaining ground toward the trail. That type of shoe print route would stand out as abnormal and convince searchers to follow it on the way down. The bodies might have been concealed within that circle of trees and from distance only visible via certain angles.

I have seen many photos that show ground coverage near the bodies location but not much on the bank. For example, this photo below. It doesn't look impossible for footprints on the lower tier. Certainly not as likely as on the slope. The 45 degree angle I was referring to would basically be sharp left angling behind the foreground tree and up the slope.

imgur.com

Last edited:
I never noticed that heart before. I think a few places on the bank may show partial shoe prints, especially a side of a heel on the bottom left area. There are a few other spots on the right side of photo that look like they were possibly disturbed by foot traffic.

I thought it had some parallel with the smaller heart photo on Libby’s FB, but now I think the big one was dug out, and maybe something was cooked, or burned, there? It looks man made, but the purpose is unclear to me.

If the hard drive from your "dead" computer is still good, you can access your files on it.

More people should be aware of this, but surprisingly, a lot aren't. If your computer dies, have someone help you remove the hard drive. Then insert it into one of these cases. Use the plugs to transfer your data to another computer and/or keep the drive w/ data there as storage. I have several of these from old laptops, going back 15 yrs or more. You can also get them for desktop computers.

Amazon.com : laptop hard drive enclosure

If you're not sure which one to order, ask for some help.

ETA: This is similar to the ones my husband buys for me. We get them in different colors, so makes it easier to choose the one you want. I mark them with the year the laptop "retired". They're cheap - $8.99 for this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool...e1-44eb-ad06-aebbef559a37&tag=pcmagcontent-20

By an expert only, and it will cost a sum of Euros. :rolleyes::( But I plan to let it save by someone, someday. ;)

Can you check if it is cheaper to fix the computer itself? Maybe the easiest part is to take out the disk? Here, it is all cheap, but European prices may be different
More people should be aware of this, but surprisingly, a lot aren't. If your computer dies, have someone help you remove the hard drive. Then insert it into one of these cases. Use the plugs to transfer your data to another computer and/or keep the drive w/ data there as storage. I have several of these from old laptops, going back 15 yrs or more. You can also get them for desktop computers.

Amazon.com : laptop hard drive enclosure

If you're not sure which one to order, ask for some help.

ETA: This is similar to the ones my husband buys for me. We get them in different colors, so makes it easier to choose the one you want. I mark them with the year the laptop "retired".

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool...e1-44eb-ad06-aebbef559a37&tag=pcmagcontent-20

I assume they don’t work with Apple ones, right?

Can you check if it is cheaper to fix the computer itself? Maybe the easiest part is to take out the disk? Here, it is all cheap, but European prices may be different

I assume they don’t work with Apple ones, right?

I don't know for sure, but you should be able to remove the hard drive. Check with Apple.

I am a little surprised/confused regarding the photo you posted.

It almost looks like a horizontal road or path at the top of the photo. However, my recollection of the NORTH of the creek crime scene from the area and comparing to google earth that is a place with no road or path. Maybe the photo is not oriented in the way I am thinking.

Or could this photo be from a new crime scene area on the SOUTH side of the creek?

Ok, forget it. I went to look at photos and it appears the road is just a couple of fallen trees that happen to be oriented in a line like that. My bad.

It's looking northwest towards the former gravel pit, the raised area/berm is where the pit is located.

I included an image from USGS from 1992 which shows the area in question, orientation is the usual "N-S-E-W" in fact the cemetery can be seen at the top of the photo. There are two topographical formations which stick out, the gorge and the grade of the gorge from up by the cemetery and RL's parcel adjacent to it, and the berm around the pit, the references I placed on it come from an interview RL did in the days after the murders. Yes there is a road or drive of sorts along the berm, that's what LE used to get down in there after the murders.

Green square is roughly where the CS is located.

During Winter the area is pretty clear it seems, regarding vegetation. During Summer it's pretty overgrown.

Attachments

• USGS aerial photo march 1992.png
    USGS aerial photo march 1992.png
    345 KB · Views: 130
Very interesting, I've called in a couple of things over the years..no response, always felt stupid as a result..it is heartening to know sometimes we can be 100 percent right! good for you..at least you know you weren't imagining things :) . sorry they didn't listen to you but at least you tried and did the right thing.

It's looking northwest towards the former gravel pit, the raised area/berm is where the pit is located.

I included an image from USGS from 1992 which shows the area in question, orientation is the usual "N-S-E-W" in fact the cemetery can be seen at the top of the photo. There are two topographical formations which stick out, the gorge and the grade of the gorge from up by the cemetery and RL's parcel adjacent to it, and the berm around the pit, the references I placed on it come from an interview RL did in the days after the murders. Yes there is a road or drive of sorts along the berm, that's what LE used to get down in there after the murders.

Green square is roughly where the CS is located.

During Winter the area is pretty clear it seems, regarding vegetation. During Summer it's pretty overgrown.

Thanks. That is helpful. Sadly, I wonder if the road/berm also slightly helped obscure the view of the crime scene too.

One of the theories is that after the crime the killer may have had a vehicle parked in the local cemetery. In order to get there he would have to leave the crime scene on RL's property. But according to a few youtube videos I saw on the this case from people who visited the crime scene area, RL owns horses. And some of those horses he must let roam "wild" on his property. So it is a little strange if the killer saw one of those horses he would not go the other way. It is interesting that so many amateur online detectives have thought about the cemetery as a place for a waiting vehicle, yet I have never heard LE talk about it.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason certain unsolved crimes do not get solved is if the killer really was that intelligent or police simply went down the wrong path in their investigation based on being lead by bad information. So police follow information thinking it is correct because what else can they do when the information seems credible? And time passes.

This case is not that old. It can be solved. You just hope it does not take 15 or 20 years to do it.
Very little to no movement the last three years. In my opinion unless fresh eyes and investigators look at this investigation, we may continue to see little to no movement. By fresh eyes I mean outside investigators not affiliated w local

Thank you. If items were moved from where they initially 'were' to where they now 'are' (at the crime scene/location of the bodies), why and what could they be?

The time he had after the murders appears to be tight and it seems he left the immediate area very soon afterwards. He was seen, I believe both before and after the murders. None of the witnesses mention him carrying anything (they could see), so the items could have been small, he just wasn't seen whilst moving them, or could he have moved them another time? Another day?

What were they? I don't know the area, other than from photos. I'm not familiar enough with the location to know where things are, that only those very familiar with the area know about. Guessing, it could be perhaps that maybe there's a small patch of a (possibly) rare plant/flowers, in the middle of a rarely used thicket, that isn't anywhere else. Are there a few train tracks, that aren't easy to spot from the trail? Is there a place where locals go to 'misbehave' and often leave certain objects behind (condoms/syringes/drink cans) that could be moved? Could he have taken something, flowers, a momento, from the cemetery?

It's hard to know whether the police are assuming only locals leave the trail, with visitors sticking to the paths. If this is the case, it isn't sufficient to suggest that someone is local just because they left the paths.

But if items which would be virtually impossible to just stumble across were moved, BG is either playing games with the crime scene, having watched lots of crime tv shows, or there's a very good reason why.
I wonder if he had a kit in his jacket, with supplies. That would keep his hands free and make it look as if he was carrying weight up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry