Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #126

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed this little piece of info.

I imagine it likely difficult as so much time has passed, but is there a source for this?
Wasn’t Libby’s shoe found on the other side Of the creek? Opposite side of the bodies? So I think it’s safe to assume the footprints are likely hers.

I must have missed this little piece of info.

I imagine it likely difficult as so much time has passed, but is there a source for this?
Wasn’t Libby’s shoe found on the other side Of the creek? Opposite side of the bodies? So I think it’s safe to assume the footprints are likely hers.
On the embankment to RL's property, as far as I remember.
But recall they also found Libby’s shoe before the bodies were found, so it seems safe To assume the footprint would be hers. IMO.

It wasn't a remote hiking trail, it was a property, bordering on a hiking trail maybe, as we all know. "Undergrowth" or not, I don't know exactly.

Not much undergrowth visible in the pics. moo

rich-van-wyk-twitter-C4zPedmXUAAzn73.jpg

The area where the girls bodies were found

Why have police not found man who teens filmed before their murder?

Thank you.

I was going by the "Charges, date of offence" shown in the Indiana public record which states Feb 13, 2017 and then put that together with audio I heard where RL affirms he wasn't on his property (in a discussion with a female about questions relating to suspicion). I can't find that audio that I listed to this morning, at the moment. According to news stories RL pleaded guilty to violation of probation for driving to the Carroll County Transfer Station on Feb 13, 2017. It may be that the charge came about later, due to investigation, rather than being 'caught' and held, and that RL was referring to another alibi for the day in question.

I appreciate your information and see where I likely pulled together separate details incorrectly.

But recall they also found Libby’s shoe before the bodies were found, so it seems safe To assume the footprint would be hers. IMO.

The footprint might not be a bare foot print. I think it could also mean a print left from a shoe or a boot. So it may have been prints from all three of them or just BG if he carried them at all.

Many think he didn’t carry them but we just don’t know any details.

I suppose there is the possibility of a footprint as he left alone but we also don’t which way he went.

This may be an unpopular opinion but IMO "hidden in the undergrowth" was artistic license on behalf of the reporter. I think the reporter was trying to convey 1. They were found off the trail in a wooded area and 2. It took awhile for searchers to find them (hence, "hidden"). IMO I don't think we can necessarily read into this that they were purposefully covered in branches. Interesting to ponder as it might be, as covering a body can have either practical or psychological implications.

The footprint might not be a bare foot print. I think it could also mean a print left from a shoe or a boot. So it may have been prints from all three of them or just BG if he carried them at all.

Many think he didn’t carry them but we just don’t know any details.

I suppose there is the possibility of a footprint as he left alone but we also don’t which way he went.
bbm
^^ This.

I remember shoe prints, if I'm not wrong. All my pics are on my "deceased" laptop; I could cry over and over again. :(

bbm
^^ This.

I remember shoe prints, if I'm not wrong. All my pics are on my "deceased" laptop; I could cry over and over again. :(
Yeah, thats what I remember because I commented that so much can be told about the person and so much can be connected from.a shoe print. Brand, type of shoe and shoe size. Even the walking pattern and length of stride. An early article said something about searchers found prints and followed them to the area they were found. I havent seen that repeated much, though.

This may be an unpopular opinion but IMO "hidden in the undergrowth" was artistic license on behalf of the reporter. I think the reporter was trying to convey 1. They were found off the trail in a wooded area and 2. It took awhile for searchers to find them (hence, "hidden"). IMO I don't think we can necessarily read into this that they were purposefully covered in branches. Interesting to ponder as it might be, as covering a body can have either practical or psychological implications.
Yeah, I read that article some time ago and got it stuck in my head that the girls had been hidden in underbrush, but I can see now that it wasn’t accurate.

BBM
Interesting that Abby's Mom AW says,

"No one saw them talking to anyone. No one saw a vehicle in the area,” remembers Anna.

Didn't Kelsei say recently that when she dropped the girls off there was an vehicle parked there, at the drop-off spot?

Makes me wonder all over again about why KG had never mentioned that before.

From what I've read, it's my understanding that the properties around the crime scene were vacation homes that were not occupied at the time, other than the RL property.

On the day the girls went missing, Feb 13, it's my understanding that RL was arrested for violating unrelated probation conditions that had been in place since a 2014 prior. My understanding is, that due to the arrest on Feb 13, RL was detained from being on his property during the time of the events that led up to the discovery of the bodies on Feb 14. IMO, it is possible that searchers were not aware of this until after the fact and had naturally expected that he would have checked his own property during the searches and therefore did not trespass on his land to conduct searches.

What a bad break for RL (but also a solid alibi), and what a lucky break for the perpetrator(s) of this crime. Or was it? Was RL just unlucky to be caught violating probation and arrested that day? Or, did someone close enough to him to know or influence his actions on that day that tip off LE, effectively causing the arrest that kept RL away from his property? Another possibility exists, in my option, but requires implication.

This is my amateur conjecture only. It was spurred on by my minds need to reconcile why the bodies were not discovered until Feb 14, and how the perpetrator(s) were seemingly able to have unfettered access to the RL property.

One of the theories is that after the crime the killer may have had a vehicle parked in the local cemetery. In order to get there he would have to leave the crime scene on RL's property. But according to a few youtube videos I saw on the this case from people who visited the crime scene area, RL owns horses. And some of those horses he must let roam "wild" on his property. So it is a little strange if the killer saw one of those horses he would not go the other way. It is interesting that so many amateur online detectives have thought about the cemetery as a place for a waiting vehicle, yet I have never heard LE talk about it.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason certain unsolved crimes do not get solved is if the killer really was that intelligent or police simply went down the wrong path in their investigation based on being lead by bad information. So police follow information thinking it is correct because what else can they do when the information seems credible? And time passes.

This case is not that old. It can be solved. You just hope it does not take 15 or 20 years to do it.

Is it this one you're thinking of? #5 image in this article's photos.

UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held
Now that shallow trench looks even more like a heart to me when I saw this photo before, and that big branch could have been what the killer used to make it. I know this sounds crazy to those who think it’s just a shape carved out by water. Unless there’s another explanation from someone, I think it might be one of the signatures.

Now that shallow trench looks even more like a heart to me when I saw this photo before, and that big branch could have been what the killer used to make it. I know this sounds crazy to those who think it’s just a shape carved out by water. Unless there’s another explanation from someone, I think it might be one of the signatures.

Signatures at crime scenes are almost always linked to the psychosexual fantasies of the offender. A symbol purportedly drawn in mud 50 feet away from the crime scene (I actually can't remember off hand how far away from the bank the girls were found, but they weren't right next to the water) is really unlikely to be a signature - at least in the definition of how "signature" is used in law enforcement or criminal psychology IMO. Personation, or signature behaviors, are usually actions done directly to the victim and they typically involve sexual elements or elements of power, domination and control.

I think people like to imagine a signature is something like "a single red rose was left at each crime scene." Unfortunately it's usually much more sordid, demeaning, and sexually explicit than that. The most common ones are sexually posing victims, mutilation, insertion of objects, specific types/patterns of bindings and ligatures.

I never noticed that heart before. I think a few places on the bank may show partial shoe prints, especially a side of a heel on the bottom left area. There are a few other spots on the right side of photo that look like they were possibly disturbed by foot traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018