Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #127

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we’re posting cases that seem similar to us here, this is one that got my attention. Happened about three hours from Delphi, on a trail, in broad daylight. The guy had a change of clothes with him.

Man indicted in mallet attack of teen in Centerville park

Wow...really interesting catch there, @StarryStarryNight.

"on a trail" -- check
"in broad daylight" -- check
Not so far from Delphi -- check

And his having a change of clothes (in the case you've just cited) plainly shows premeditation. So...did the Delphi killer bring a change of clothes, too? (Probably only LE and the killer's immediate family know the answer to that...)

Still hoping and praying for justice for Abby and Libby. Justice is coming (just not as fast as we'd like it; -- JMOO).

"on a trail" -- check

And his having a change of clothes (in the case you've just cited) plainly shows premeditation. So...did the Delphi killer bring a change of clothes, too? (Probably only LE and the killer's immediate family know the answer to that...)

Still hoping and praying for justice for Abby and Libby. Justice is coming (just not as fast as we'd like it; -- JMOO).
Wow! I hope they will find a match when they check his prints and DNA.

"on a trail" -- check

I thought the change of clothes thing was interesting because a lot of people here on WS have theorized that the girls’ killer might have changed his clothes. I think he looks moderately like the second sketch with the soft curly hair, but think he looks a lot like the, admittedly, kinda blurry initial photo of BG.

Last edited:
Since we’re posting cases that seem similar to us here, this is one that got my attention. Happened about three hours from Delphi, on a trail, in broad daylight. The guy had a change of clothes with him.

Man indicted in mallet attack of teen in Centerville park

I thought the change of clothes thing was interesting because a lot of people here on WS have theorized that the girls’ killer might have changed his clothes. I think he looks moderately like the second sketch with the soft curly hair, but think he looks a lot like the, admittedly, kinda blurry initial photo of BG.

According to his arrest record he's 6'3 and 370 pounds, though.

I have a link to the arrest record but it states his name in the link address so I'm not sure it's okay to post.

how does the vehicle parked at the CPS building on the day of the crime factor in? LE said the time in question for that vehicle they were seeking was between noon and 5 pm if I recall correctly. Unless he parked there at some point after leaving the crime scene? But then that doesn't explain the time range LE cited.

Sometimes hikers in groups of two or more will use two cars....positioned prior to the beginning of the hike.....and eventually riding together in the one car to get back to the starting point.

Not saying that is what happened here....just that it is a possibility.

I still consider the car on the road under the bridge scenario to be possible. In my opinion it could explain a few things, such as how the killer controlled two young teens(he didn’t or not for very long) and why the girls were found on the opposite side of the creek(they were trying to escape). The cons on this scenario are, as you stated, LE’s interest in a car at the old CPS building, and, to me, the houses on the road that connect with the driveway/road. If anyone was home it seems like someone would have noticed some strange car rattling down their road. It would be nice to have a bit more information.

I think the vehicle aspect in this case is interesting. Where was the vehicle to leave the scene? My theory is that it is a truck driver based on clothing of the bridge guy and my own personal theory. But when you look at the locations where the bodies were found in this case and in the Evansdale, Iowa case the one thing that stands out is how a semi truck would stick out to witnesses. Look at videos of both the Delphi, Indiana Monon High Bridge location and the Seven Bridges location in Iowa. Both locations seem so remote that it is understandable why in both cases it is thought that the killer is probably a local who knows the area.

The one thing both locations say to me is that it is NOT a truck driver.

I believe that LE have perpetrator DNA in the Shelbey Thornburg case - retrieved from hairs left on her body and also from a condom wrapper. The DNA was not matched in CODIS and the police department at one time said there wasn't funding to do familial analysis though perhaps that has since changed. In any case, her murder, which took place two years before the Delphi murders did, at least has the ability to be connected to other murders in series through DNA linkage.

IMO the only thing similar between Delphi and the Thornburg case is that the offender was coincidentally caught on video. Everything else seems either quite different (victimology, initial contact between offender and victim) or unable to be compared at this time (e.g. cause of death for Delphi).

The case that to me seems a bit similar to Delphi (though the geographic location was very far away) is the murder of Alicia Hummel. She was attacked in an outdoor recreation area in 2015: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw3CmYom8X-J5CMvXiAKfZ2f&ampcf=1

Thank you.

ETA. Vermillion is also Midwest, far from Delphi. If we assume that Evansdale murders were a possibility...I wonder what summer jobs would bring the guy around Midwest? It has to be something inconspicuous, and yet, give him the chance to know the area, and probably, the people.

So, excluding military guys as they travel easily, who else? Summer camp workers? Recreation park workers/volunteers? Fishing inspectors? What else?

I think the work is very seasonal, and close to water?

Hydrometeorology? Flooding is Midwestern pest! The guy could travel anywhere, measure the water levels, anywhere, really...all the time. Around MW.

And everyone is seeing him, and no one looks at him twice. It is like a mailman - he is there, and he’s doing his job, so, “legit”.

Or, he can participate in a big study of Northern American watersheds, like this

A comprehensive, multisource database for hydrometeorological modeling of 14,425 North American watersheds | Scientific Data

Technically speaking, a hydro meteorologist measuring water levels can easily wash himself in the water, even if he gets dirty, and no one will ask, why?

Last edited:
that was me that posted about Raelynn....but i was thinking along the lines the guy has a limp, like bridge guy.

I agree. I've looked at his clothing and how he walks. Then I went back and looked at Raelynn and Libby. Definitely similarities in the two girls and then there is the distinctive walk of the POI.

I hope LE is thinking along these lines as well and takes a hard look at this. Stranger things have happened.

You just never know. A slip up somewhere and BG is caught. Maybe, just maybe, this could be a slip up.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member