Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #128

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression, and I thought the families had said, that other than being allowed to listened to a little more of the video, they didn’t know anymore than the general public.
A lot of us thought at the time that the families before the 2019 press conference were told a POI and the families knew this person which is why they were upset. If I remember right, LE said after the presser that in their meeting with the families before the April 2019 press conference that it was more of a courtesy to let them know what was going to be said. Giving them a heads up. I don’t think the families learned anything more in that meeting than we did from the press conference. I think their tears were from shock and frustration and anger of sending out thousands of posters for two years with a sketch on it that LE was getting ready to abandon for another. LE basically told them they were starting over. The families had reason to be upset.
Just my thoughts.
I totally agree with you. However, I don't understand why LE did not inform them prior to them turning up to the PC. Understandibly it was upsetting that LE were looking at a different strategy and being informed sooner would have given the families time to process the information and compose themselves.

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

Do you think it implied that something of which their parents were unaware was going on in the lives of these two girls?

Might there have been evidence of something at the CS that would lead to the aforementioned, bolded, statement?

If so, what could that have been?

Or does one relegate this quote to a simple reminder to all parents, nothing else being implied?

Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

Do you think it implied that something of which their parents were unaware was going on in the lives of these two girls?

Might there have been evidence of something at the CS that would lead to the aforementioned, bolded, statement?

Or does one relegate this quote to a simple reminder to all parents, nothing else being implied?

When many of these early comments were stated a lot of people were certain it was proof of an impending arrest. Now we know that didn’t occur. The above comment maybe been just good, everyday common sense parenting advice IMO.

I’ve come to the point that I believe nothing LE has said was ever intended to be interpreted as subtle hints or clues regarding case evidence. If it were there’s absolutely no reason they couldn’t just outrightly state it.

JMO

This was said very very early in the case when LE knew virtually nothing. I think it was just a very general statement to the community that meant....something horrible has happened and we don’t know exactly what’s going on, so parents should keep an especially close eye on their children at this time.
Unfortunately, I think, his words were taken by a lot of people to mean the girls were doing something they shouldn’t have, or communicating with someone they shouldn’t have or hiding something from their families. I personally don’t believe that.

I totally agree with you. However, I don't understand why LE did not inform them prior to them turning up to the PC. Understandibly it was upsetting that LE were looking at a different strategy and being informed sooner would have given the families time to process the information and compose themselves.

Maybe they wanted to make sure that no one was discouraged from showing up?

MOO JMO

I'm getting more confused the more I read. I can't make it fit that someone could fool LE as much/often as it sounds like, unless it is someone with major access to the case in some way, like LE level access :confused:

<snip>We all want this solved but not at the expense of weakening arguably one of the the fairest justice systems in the world.

A bit off topic but I simply cannot agree that the system that puts by far the most people (and the most innocent people) in jail in the western world is anywhere near one of the most fair. Having just read about Lisa Montgomery and following BLM I'm sorry to say I think it is one of the worst. :oops:

Maybe some outside help is needed to solve this ...

I'm getting more confused the more I read. I can't make it fit that someone could fool LE as much/often as it sounds like, unless it is someone with major access to the case in some way, like LE level access :confused:

A bit off topic but I simply cannot agree that the system that puts by far the most people (and the most innocent people) in jail in the western world is anywhere near one of the most fair. Having just read about Lisa Montgomery and following BLM I'm sorry to say I think it is one of the worst. :oops:

Outside help from whom?

Maybe they wanted to make sure that no one was discouraged from showing up?

MOO JMO

Definitely a possibility. LE needs the public to see that the family is supporting them. Otherwise why would the public trust the police?

Another possibility... whatever LE found that caused the change in direction was found relatively recently. In my quick searching I see the press conference was announced Friday 4/19 and the PC was Monday 4/22. Maybe the new information was found during the week ending 4/19 and they quickly got back to Young Bridge Guy sketch. They wanted BG to potentially be at the PC so they had to give him time to get there, make arrangements, etc. It doesn’t explain why the family wasn’t briefed Friday, if it is a fact that they didn’t know anything about the content of the PC until shortly before. Is it possible that they were briefed on the release of a new sketch on Friday but were told right before the PC that Carter’s language would be confrontational because LE believed he was watching or in the room?

There was a PC on the 2nd anniversary, Feb/19 and several of us here commented that it was curious how suddenly no emphasis was being placed on the sketch (of the older guy). IIRC the drawing wasn’t featured on the stage, backdrop or podium at all whereby in the past it was always prominently placed.

So for that reason I don’t think LEs investigation quickly switched from one possible sighting of the suspect to another, requiring the Apr/19 PC to be hastily organized. Rather it was a case where a new direction was required to move the focus onto a different suspect, one that was possibly far younger in age.

Noting these dates and considering the year is now 2021, hopefully the investigation will soon yield something current to discuss, particularly an arrest!

JMO

sure fairest by what standards ? the millions of sexual predators who get released or get no time at all to assault more and more victims or savage murderers who get parole or early release VS a guy spends his entire life in prison for possessing drugs

families of victims needs to let their voices be heard and make a stir..I refer to the case of Egypt Covington...the case was dead and then the family did a rally ..the case was transferred to state le and was solved in days ...

sure fairest by what standards ? the millions of sexual predators who get released or get no time at all to assault more and more victims or savage murderers who get parole or early release VS a guy spends his entire life in prison for possessing drugs

families of victims needs to let their voices be heard and make a stir..I refer to the case of Egypt Covington...the case was dead and then the family did a rally ..the case was transferred to state le and was solved in days ...

This investigation is conducted by a Multi-agency Task Force although D. Carter, the Superintendent of the Indiana State Police leads most of the PCs. Aside from the ISP, the FBI, Carroll County, and Delphi police departments each have members involved with this task force. If other agencies are involved from time to time, they haven’t said other than a prior Georgia review.

So it seems to me there isn’t anything for the family to stir since this investigation already has attention from local, county, state and federal investigators. Not all homicides are solved quickly but that family members are satisfied with the ongoing work of the investigative team I think is a good sign. Who are we to judge or counter their opinion.

JMO

I feel that there is a misconception about who is running the investigation...the fbi and others might have been asked for advice and given assistance on certain matters.. but the locals are in charge ...
I can be corrected if there is evidence to the contrary

I feel that there is a misconception about who is running the investigation...the fbi and others might have been asked for advice and given assistance on certain matters.. but the locals are in charge ...
I can be corrected if there is evidence to the contrary

Early on iirc reportedly ISP had taken lead. But there’s no doubt this case is well beyond just a local investigation - over the past almost-4 years there’s many, many media releases with comments from ISP representatives in various capacities. You’ll notice their participation in Press Conferences as well.

Each of the various agencies also have offered up their contact number to receive tips, including the FBI and ISP. So if someone feels their information has fallen though the cracks at the local level they have other alternatives.

ABC21 Weekly Extra - Another spotlight on the Delphi murders
HOW TO SEND IN A TIP
Authorities are still vigorously working on the case.

Indiana State Police want to remind the public that investigators are seeking additional information, but not amateur “investigative” theories.

You can call the FBI tip line at 844-459-5786 or email Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation - ISP website
Tip Information Contacts
e-Mail: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com
Tip Line: (844) 459-5786
Indiana State Police: (800) 382-7537
Carroll County Sheriff: (765) 564-2413

There was a PC on the 2nd anniversary, Feb/19 and several of us here commented that it was curious how suddenly no emphasis was being placed on the sketch (of the older guy). IIRC the drawing wasn’t featured on the stage, backdrop or podium at all whereby in the past it was always prominently placed.

So for that reason I don’t think LEs investigation quickly switched from one possible sighting of the suspect to another, requiring the Apr/19 PC to be hastily organized. Rather it was a case where a new direction was required to move the focus onto a different suspect, one that was possibly far younger in age.

Noting these dates and considering the year is now 2021, hopefully the investigation will soon yield something current to discuss, particularly an arrest!

JMO

I did not look at the sketches the same way. I think what happened is that the first sketch never panned out for LE so they decided to try the second sketch when they got information that person may have had a vehicle parked nearby the trail area.

In my opinion, I think LE does not have the faintest idea about who murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German. I think they do not know what that person looks like either. Maybe that will change in the future, but as of today that is what I think. I know most people probably do not agree with me.

Maybe there is a tip that leads them to find this person, but if that happens I think it will be based more on luck than anything else because of the volume of tips submitted, over 50,000 so far.

So how long should the wait be in an investigation? Is 4 years too long? Maybe 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? Or as long as it takes?

I think the saddest thing about some of the threads is how at the beginning there is so much discussion, but as the years pass the discussion fades until it stops. Maybe every once in a while someone comments. It makes me wonder if the same thing does not happen with the investigation of cold cases in real life. There is simply nothing left to discuss.

I did not look at the sketches the same way. I think what happened is that the first sketch never panned out for LE so they decided to try the second sketch when they got information that person may have had a vehicle parked nearby the trail area.

In my opinion, I think LE does not have the faintest idea about who murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German. I think they do not know what that person looks like either. Maybe that will change in the future, but as of today that is what I think. I know most people probably do not agree with me.

Maybe there is a tip that leads them to find this person, but if that happens I think it will be based more on luck than anything else because of the volume of tips submitted, over 50,000 so far.

So how long should the wait be in an investigation? Is 4 years too long? Maybe 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? Or as long as it takes?

I think the saddest thing about some of the threads is how at the beginning there is so much discussion, but as the years pass the discussion fades until it stops. Maybe every once in a while someone comments. It makes me wonder if the same thing does not happen with the investigation of cold cases in real life. There is simply nothing left to discuss.

You’re right, there really has been much in the way of “new” news since the Apr/19 PC. LE holding public PCs, releasing sketches and asking for tips - that’s not a positive indication an investigation is strongly progressing toward any one suspect because if it were, they’d have no need to seek the public’s assistance. And they’ve never tried to lead us to believe there’s a suspect in their sights, it’s a case of a missing “who”.

"We have a completed puzzle right now of what happened to those two little girls," Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said last week. "The only thing we’re missing is 'who.'"
Seeking justice for Abby and Libby

But time moves on. The present silence by LE can mean two different things -
- a cold case, or
- indeed they’ve recently identified a strong possible suspect and they’re close to an arrest.

For that reason when the 4th anniversary comes around I’m hoping they’re no longer asking for tips seeking that one piece of the puzzle. If they are then I’d agree, it’s becoming a cold case whether they want to admit it or not. If they had additional information to provide that might assist in jogging anyone’s memory they’d have released it by now but that’s just my opinion.

You’re right, there really has been much in the way of “new” news since the Apr/19 PC. LE holding public PCs, releasing sketches and asking for tips - that’s not a positive indication an investigation is strongly progressing toward any one suspect because if it were, they’d have no need to seek the public’s assistance. And they’ve never tried to lead us to believe there’s a suspect in their sights, it’s a case of a missing “who”.

"We have a completed puzzle right now of what happened to those two little girls," Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter said last week. "The only thing we’re missing is 'who.'"
Seeking justice for Abby and Libby

But time moves on. The present silence by LE can mean two different things -
- a cold case, or
- indeed they’ve recently identified a strong possible suspect and they’re close to an arrest.

For that reason when the 4th anniversary comes around I’m hoping they’re no longer asking for tips seeking that one piece of the puzzle. If they are then I’d agree, it’s becoming a cold case whether they want to admit it or not. If they had additional information to provide that might assist in jogging anyone’s memory they’d have released it by now but that’s just my opinion.
LE will most likely say as long as they are actively investigating and receiving tips it is not a cold case. But I have to agree with your first possibility. (The only thing we're missing is the who?? Thank you Captain Obvious.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms