Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've begun scraping his posts and it is crazy how often he posted on Facebook. I set my code to collect 1500+ posts and with 20 minutes of running it it has only made it back to 2019 lol. I do not think I will be able to download all the images he shared due to storage issues, but I can get the link for the images. It may become invalid when his account is deactivated, but it also may not (it is different than a link to a post).

If I can get all of his posts, I might try to make a visualization of the number of days he posted to see if him not posting right after Delphi is significant.
Nice job! Question for you - have you by chance noticed about what year he started wearing ear gauges? I find it hard to believe if BG had gauges that a witness would not have noticed and commented on that.

Nice job! Question for you - have you by chance noticed about what year he started wearing ear gauges? I find it hard to believe if BG had gauges that a witness would not have noticed and commented on that.
Answering my own question - from the JCB thread, looks like he's had them since at least 2016, and already pretty good sized then.

have there been other, similiar attacks and murders in the U.S? could be a whole can of worms here.

I don't think we have enough details about the Delphi crime to say definitely there are others just like it. There's so much we don't know, including cause of death. But are there other cases where a woman or women (or girl/girls) went for a relatively spontaneous walk on a public trail, or public recreation area, and ended up murdered? Yes. Some are solved and some are unsolved. None are in super close proximity to Delphi. The closest unsolved is probably Vanessa Ceja Ramirez who was raped, bound, strangled and burned after being on a public walking trail in a suburb of Chicago. That happened last November. No idea if what she suffered is similar to the Delphi victims or not.

Answering my own question - from the JCB thread, looks like he's had them since at least 2016, and already pretty good sized then.
Check out his recent mugshot. I wouldn't notice holes in his ears and I'm specifically looking for them, fwiw. I definitely wouldn't notice from a distance.

Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder

As for the day of the Delphi murders, it seems reasonable to me that a perp about to commit a violent offense would remove gauges from his ears to avoid the victim(s) from ripping them (plus they are identifiable).

jmo

Very interesting discussion -- I have one quick question. There's a segment of sleuths here and elsewhere who have argued for the Delphi and Evansdale murders as the work of the same criminal. Is there any evidence from the timelines that JBC might have been involved in the Collins/ Cook crimes in Evansdale?

Check out his recent mugshot. I wouldn't notice holes in his ears and I'm specifically looking for them, fwiw. I definitely wouldn't notice from a distance.

Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder

As for the day of the Delphi murders, it seems reasonable to me that a perp about to commit a violent offense would remove gauges from his ears to avoid the victim(s) from ripping them (plus they are identifiable).

jmo
Wish we had a side view. I wonder how close the witnesses were to him.

One of the major factors missing for me in the JBC theory is his connection to Delphi and the bridge area. There's been pretty consistent agreement that he knew the bridge area.

Has anyone seen a connection? Work, <modsnip>, visits?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are state databases and there's the FBI's database. Both South Dakota and Indiana have collected DNA since 2003 and 2005 respectively and he's committed felonies in both states. To say no one has had his DNA before means all three LE systems messed up - South Dakota, Indiana, and the FBI.

I understand that people are skeptical of these DNA databases but there isn't a backlog like rape kits. LE comes in and swabs your client's cheek and sends it off. There's no sophisticated system to fall through the cracks. Just like fingerprinting and mug shots. It's a process and it has been happening since the early 2000s. Whether or not individual cases are tested against known offender DNA is a different story but do we really think Indiana LE didn't run the Delphi DNA (to the extent that it exists) through everything they can? Think of how many resources are put into this case. Do we really want to say LE dropped the ball on checking on known felons? I am skeptical. LE never misses an opportunity to make life hard for someone on probation IMO.

The big issues have been that most states only take DNA after conviction. So you can have someone arrested and released multiple times and their DNA is never collected. But when you are talking about multiple convictions, I just don't see it. If someone can find evidence of LE failing to collect legally required DNA from convicted felons then that's different.
Yeah, I think it's highly unlikely that LE forgot to collect or overlooked his DNA in the database. The guy has a long list of felonies. Collecting DNA samples is part of the booking process. Imo

For what it's worth I don't believe this guy is the monster who murdered Abby and Libby. Whoever did this to Abby and Libby is far more sophisticated in my opinion, than the man currently being investigated. It has been four years since the girls murders and no one has been caught. It just seems too far fetched for their murderer to suddenly become so clumsy and inept he is caught. I just don't see the murderer having a FB page like this guy does and drawing so much attention to himself with his outlandish posts. I could be very wrong though, like I have said.. just my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree at this point. I was thinking if this isn't him then he's certainly going out of his way to make himself look like the suspect.
Are all of the "hints/clues" - as in tattoo of girl, comments from him, pictures of bridges/trains - documented after the Delphi case..?
I thought he was a good match but after going through all of his background that's been posted, seems a little too good...

This is way out there and is only a “what if” as in a poorly written plot but here goes. The number 313 is important to him. It’s his birthday and a SM handle and Tattooed on his body. Interestingly the number 313 backwards or opposite is 313. Mr. Opposite strikes again. Both the Delphi and Iowa murders were on the 13th and backwards (mirrored or opposite) each other. Now this guy shows up with a smashed nose and he alludes to he got it defending a child. Any chance I wonder if this happened 4/13 of this year? He post he has tried to be good and it could be he just got scarred after Delphi and has not acted on those urges? He attempts a crime on 4/13 but is unsuccessful and he just can’t control those urges any more and then comes 4/19 and he does a seriously stupid ugly thing. JMHO

This is way out there and is only a “what if” as in a poorly written plot but here goes. The number 313 is important to him. It’s his birthday and a SM handle and Tattooed on his body. Interestingly the number 313 backwards or opposite is 313. Mr. Opposite strikes again. Both the Delphi and Iowa murders were on the 13th and backwards (mirrored or opposite) each other. Now this guy shows up with a smashed nose and he alludes to he got it defending a child. Any chance I wonder if this happened 4/13 of this year? He post he has tried to be good and it could be he just got scarred after Delphi and has not acted on those urges? He attempts a crime on 4/13 but is unsuccessful and he just can’t control those urges any more and then comes 4/19 and he does a seriously stupid ugly thing. JMHO

The reason I tend to not put stock into the dates of crimes having significance is this. Both Delphi and the Evansdale murders were (I guess some people could debate on Delphi despite what TL says, but Evansdale certainly) crimes of opportunity. Neither pair of girls were in a particularly target-rich environment for offenders, meaning...the offender could not have been certain that he would come across pairs of girls unattended or indeed any "good" victim opportunity at either location on those specific dates. All offenders are lucky to a point but IMO it requires too much luck to think you could plan to strike only on specific dates and manage to get spontaneous opportunities that are so good for concealment that the crimes go unsolved and unlinked for this many years.

The dork that I am, I have notes to consult:

The cut on his nose shows on his first Tiktok video on Wednesday, April 7. This is when he was outside and said, "I don't really like people" and thanked Tiktokers for being inspiring.

But as for patterns, Delphi murders and the 9yo attack were both on Mondays, fwiw.

About JC’s ear holes - there is at least one photo of him with them out, from the side, and it just looks like he had droopy earlobes. And then I noticed that the sketch of the older BG looks like he has slightly droopy earlobes. This has become one of the things I’m starting to find uncanny. People have speculated that BG might have been carrying a puppy in his jacket to lure the girls, which I think is a possibility if this is JC.

Last edited:
The dork that I am, I have notes to consult:

The cut on his nose shows on his first Tiktok video on Wednesday, April 7. This is when he was outside and said, "I don't really like people" and thanked Tiktokers for being inspiring.

But as for patterns, Delphi murders and the 9yo attack were both on Mondays, fwiw.
Thanks for the April 7th date.

do we really think he could be BG though?

I'm not feeling hopeful if i'm honest. How long before DNA tests could be back? what other evidence could they have or be looking at?

I do believe this could very well be BG. I don't know if they have DNA that would match his or not, but I do believe they have other evidence that might link back to him. Police have previously said they have evidence that would ordinarily link back to someone specific, but in this case, it just didn't (for whatever reason). They have said they have a lot of physical evidence but it probably isn't what we might expect it to be.

I don't know what evidence they have, but I hope its enough to tie this guy to the scene! And if they really REALLY don't believe it is this guy for some reason, then I hope they get whoever it is.

I hope that if they believe it is him, that they have enough to charge and get a conviction because there is nothing worse than believing he did it, and not being able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt!

So I have all of JBC's facebook data. I attempted to plot a count of his posts per day based on date, and while the gap around the time of Delphi is there, there also seem to be some other time gaps and I didn't notice any big gap significance. I can easily search all of the text he posted / get links of videos and pics. Lmk what u find most useful. Easiest (on my part) would be to create a public google sheet with time, post text, post pic links (if there are any), and post video links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member